Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ref's 2021 12 Teamer Draft Thread......

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Sorry.  My book keeper quit.  Used to have 2.5-3.0 people working for me in the office and now it's 3/4 of a person.  Interesting that 1.75 people are doing what 4.0 used to do.  Also explains my slow and crappy draft.

if its any consolation.....I really wanted Robinson more than Williams at the last turn....but was trying to have my cake and eat it too by taking CEH's backup from you in case you were going that direction and thought D-rob would make it back easily......(and Slayton was next btw).....

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Sorry.  My book keeper quit.  Used to have 2.5-3.0 people working for me in the office and now it's 3/4 of a person.  Interesting that 1.75 people are doing what 4.0 used to do.  Also explains my slow and crappy draft.

That. Or Amazon and other trades.

3 hours ago, -OZ- said:

:kicksrock: 

I had a list of about 6 receivers I wanted at this next turn. Y'all took them. ..!..

You took QB Hill from me. Well didn't really take him...I screwed up. Was going to take him at 18.02 and pair with Winston and completely forgot. :doh:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

if its any consolation.....I really wanted Robinson more than Williams at the last turn....but was trying to have my cake and eat it too by taking CEH's backup from you in case you were going that direction and thought D-rob would make it back easily......(and Slayton was next btw).....

All of our teams looked stacked now.  After the NFL draft they won't look quite as good.

• Like 1

QB
Kyler Murray (6.10)
Tua Tagovailoa (13.03)
Zach Wilson (14.10)

RB
Dalvin Cook (1.03)
Leonard Fournette (9.03)
Zack Moss (12.10)
Darrell Henderson (16.10)
James White (17.03)

WR
Michael Thomas (3.03)
Chris Godwin (4.10)
D.J. Moore (5.03)
Courtland Sutton (7.03)
Robby Anderson (8.10)
Corey Davis (10.10)
Antonio Brown (11.03)
Sterling Shepard (15.03)

TE
Darren Waller (2.10)
O.J. Howard (19.03)
Jordan Akins (23.03)

DEF
Chicago Bears (18.10)
Minnesota Vikings (20.10)
New York Jets (21.03)
Houston Texans (22.10)

PK
Ka'imi Fairbairn (24.10)
Cody Parkey (25.03)

Top-heavy at RB, TE, and QB; could have a bad time if it's a down year for Cook, Waller, or Murray. Pretty happy with how I was able to put my late-round picks to work. Might have gone a little too WR-heavy in rounds 3-11; probably would be better off with say David Montgomery + Nelson Agholor rather than DJ Moore + James White. Aiming for WR+DEF flexes, but who knows how it'll actually go.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:35 PM, -OZ- said:

:kicksrock: 

I had a list of about 6 receivers I wanted at this next turn. Y'all took them. ..!..

After this, I just took a lot of lottery tickets. 

22.11 263 OZ Williams, Preston MIA WR

If he happens to stay healthy, he should do well. But staying healthy hasn't been his thing so far.

23.02 266 OZ Brown, Dyami FA WR 

I liked what I read, deep threat, big play kind of guy. Most likely a 3rd or 4th round pick. 

24.11 287 OZ Hubbard, Chuba FA RB

Same as above. Unlikely to be a key player as a rookie but could surprise.

25.02 290 OZ Collins, Nico FA WR 

I'll be targeting Nico with a lot of my mid to late rookie picks. He might be no better than a Devin funchess type but has some claypool type potential.

1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

After this, I just took a lot of lottery tickets. 

22.11 263 OZ Williams, Preston MIA WR

If he happens to stay healthy, he should do well. But staying healthy hasn't been his thing so far.

23.02 266 OZ Brown, Dyami FA WR 

I liked what I read, deep threat, big play kind of guy. Most likely a 3rd or 4th round pick. 

24.11 287 OZ Hubbard, Chuba FA RB

Same as above. Unlikely to be a key player as a rookie but could surprise.

25.02 290 OZ Collins, Nico FA WR 

I'll be targeting Nico with a lot of my mid to late rookie picks. He might be no better than a Devin funchess type but has some claypool type potential.

Can't go wrong with a Hubba Chuba.

6.12 Aaron Rodgers GBP QB6
7.01 Justin Herbert LAC QB7

For better or worse, my 6-7 double-tap will go a long way toward determining my success in this draft. Even if they just marginally outperform their draft slots, I could well wind up with 600 points from the QB position, which will hide a lot of warts. With 25 rounds at play, it was tough to resist burning a late-rounder on a QB3, but the me who doubled up early made the week-later me swear not to give into the temptation, so here we are.

1.01 McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB1
5.01 Travis Etienne ROOK RB22
11.01 Duke Johnson HOU RB37
14.12 James Conner ARZ RB47
19.01 Gio Bernard TBB RB60
22.12 Marlon Mack IND RB65

I'd say "top-heavy" is a pretty apt description here. It wouldn't shock me to see ETN wind up the first back off the board, and regardless of landing spot he's got top-12 talent if he earns enough of a workload. Kinda surprised that Duke was still hanging around on the board this late ... his ceiling days are behind him, but whether or not Watson is under center this year, the Texans will likely be bad enough to require a lot of late-game passing, which should guarantee a floor. IMO I got lucky with Conner's landing spot - we've seen enough from Edmonds to know he's not built to be a 3-down back (neither is Conner for that matter, but hey - we've got a narrative to build here). And I imagine Tom Brady introducing Gio Bernard in camp with a speech like Nicholson in A Few Good Men: "Son, we live in an offense with swing passes, and those passes have to be caught by backs with hands. Who's gonna do it? (points to Jones) You? You, Lt. Fournette?" Might regret only going 6-deep, but the bottom 4 should give me a nice floor.

3.01 A.J. Brown TEN WR9
4.12 Robert Woods LAR WR19
8.12 Brandin Cooks HOU WR38
9.01 Laviska Shenault JAX WR39
12.12 Cole Beasley BUF WR55
15.01 Darnell Mooney CHI WR60
16.12 Denzel Mims NYJ WR69
21.01 Jakobi Meyers NEP WR78
25.01 Tylan Wallace ROOK WR93

Pretty much the polar opposite of my RB stable - a really solid floor at the top, and lots of depth and ceiling everywhere else. With Davis and Jonnu out of town, AJB ought to see increased targets, and I'm done doubting the Titans' supposedly unsustainable pass-game efficiency. Second-year speedsters are my favorite archetype in these draft formats - developmental upside plus best-ball cheat codes - and I think I got three promising ones in Shenault / Mooney / Mims (four, if you count Albert O.) Beasley is really the Frank Gore of WRs - disrespected by ADP every year yet somehow always finishing in the top 25-30 at his position. Wallace ought to be a Day 2 pick, and quite a few of those have popped as rookies of late, so here's hoping. Probably wind up pulling one or two weekly flex scores from this bunch pretty consistently.

2.12 George Kittle SFO TE3
10.12 Irv Smith MIN TE17
24.12 Albert Okwuegbunam DEN TE36

In my mind at least, my two biggest steals of the draft were my TE1 and 2. Kittle is as close to unstoppable across the middle of the field as anyone in the sport not named Travis Kelce. Cousins loves him some TEs on crossing routes and goal-line patterns and, while Smith had already been getting a decent share of those high-value looks, 1-2 more a week in the wake of Rudolph's departure can be the difference between a low-to-mid TE2 and a low-to-mid TE1. Already referenced AO last paragraph - hoping he bounces back quickly from his ACL. Should be near the top at the position with this trio. 

13.01 Ravens DST BAL Def5
17.01 Saints DST NOS Def14
20.12 Giants DST NYG Def24

Even though DST scoring isn't as nuts as in last year's iteration, I knew I wanted at least one really good unit and at least 3 total - I'd have preferred 4, but played chicken a couple rounds too long to make that happen. The Saints in particular play a high-risk, high-reward style that suits this format perfectly. 

18.12 Wil Lutz NOS PK10
23.01 Robbie Gould SFO PK16

Two kickers should be plenty when they're as good at their jobs as these two.

It's easy to like rosters this deep in 12-team leagues, I suppose, but I feel pretty good about this group. (I will say that drafting from the turn in 12-teamers is a hundred times easier than in the 16-man survivors.) I guess I feel relatively exposed to some top-end injury risk at QB / RB / TE, but you've gotta spend those high draft picks somewhere, and with the expanded flex potential loading up draft capital at one position didn't seem like a winning formula.

Big props to @Stinkin Ref for keeping these rolling for another offseason. BOL to everyone. :suds:

On 4/17/2021 at 12:58 PM, Mr. Irrelevant said:

6.12 Aaron Rodgers GBP QB6
7.01 Justin Herbert LAC QB7

For better or worse, my 6-7 double-tap will go a long way toward determining my success in this draft. Even if they just marginally outperform their draft slots, I could well wind up with 600 points from the QB position, which will hide a lot of warts. With 25 rounds at play, it was tough to resist burning a late-rounder on a QB3, but the me who doubled up early made the week-later me swear not to give into the temptation, so here we are.

1.01 McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB1
5.01 Travis Etienne ROOK RB22
11.01 Duke Johnson HOU RB37
14.12 James Conner ARZ RB47
19.01 Gio Bernard TBB RB60
22.12 Marlon Mack IND RB65

I'd say "top-heavy" is a pretty apt description here. It wouldn't shock me to see ETN wind up the first back off the board, and regardless of landing spot he's got top-12 talent if he earns enough of a workload. Kinda surprised that Duke was still hanging around on the board this late ... his ceiling days are behind him, but whether or not Watson is under center this year, the Texans will likely be bad enough to require a lot of late-game passing, which should guarantee a floor. IMO I got lucky with Conner's landing spot - we've seen enough from Edmonds to know he's not built to be a 3-down back (neither is Conner for that matter, but hey - we've got a narrative to build here). And I imagine Tom Brady introducing Gio Bernard in camp with a speech like Nicholson in A Few Good Men: "Son, we live in an offense with swing passes, and those passes have to be caught by backs with hands. Who's gonna do it? (points to Jones) You? You, Lt. Fournette?" Might regret only going 6-deep, but the bottom 4 should give me a nice floor.

3.01 A.J. Brown TEN WR9
4.12 Robert Woods LAR WR19
8.12 Brandin Cooks HOU WR38
9.01 Laviska Shenault JAX WR39
12.12 Cole Beasley BUF WR55
15.01 Darnell Mooney CHI WR60
16.12 Denzel Mims NYJ WR69
21.01 Jakobi Meyers NEP WR78
25.01 Tylan Wallace ROOK WR93

Pretty much the polar opposite of my RB stable - a really solid floor at the top, and lots of depth and ceiling everywhere else. With Davis and Jonnu out of town, AJB ought to see increased targets, and I'm done doubting the Titans' supposedly unsustainable pass-game efficiency. Second-year speedsters are my favorite archetype in these draft formats - developmental upside plus best-ball cheat codes - and I think I got three promising ones in Shenault / Mooney / Mims (four, if you count Albert O.) Beasley is really the Frank Gore of WRs - disrespected by ADP every year yet somehow always finishing in the top 25-30 at his position. Wallace ought to be a Day 2 pick, and quite a few of those have popped as rookies of late, so here's hoping. Probably wind up pulling one or two weekly flex scores from this bunch pretty consistently.

2.12 George Kittle SFO TE3
10.12 Irv Smith MIN TE17
24.12 Albert Okwuegbunam DEN TE36

In my mind at least, my two biggest steals of the draft were my TE1 and 2. Kittle is as close to unstoppable across the middle of the field as anyone in the sport not named Travis Kelce. Cousins loves him some TEs on crossing routes and goal-line patterns and, while Smith had already been getting a decent share of those high-value looks, 1-2 more a week in the wake of Rudolph's departure can be the difference between a low-to-mid TE2 and a low-to-mid TE1. Already referenced AO last paragraph - hoping he bounces back quickly from his ACL. Should be near the top at the position with this trio. 

13.01 Ravens DST BAL Def5
17.01 Saints DST NOS Def14
20.12 Giants DST NYG Def24

Even though DST scoring isn't as nuts as in last year's iteration, I knew I wanted at least one really good unit and at least 3 total - I'd have preferred 4, but played chicken a couple rounds too long to make that happen. The Saints in particular play a high-risk, high-reward style that suits this format perfectly. 

18.12 Wil Lutz NOS PK10
23.01 Robbie Gould SFO PK16

Two kickers should be plenty when they're as good at their jobs as these two.

It's easy to like rosters this deep in 12-team leagues, I suppose, but I feel pretty good about this group. (I will say that drafting from the turn in 12-teamers is a hundred times easier than in the 16-man survivors.) I guess I feel relatively exposed to some top-end injury risk at QB / RB / TE, but you've gotta spend those high draft picks somewhere, and with the expanded flex potential loading up draft capital at one position didn't seem like a winning formula.

Big props to @Stinkin Ref for keeping these rolling for another offseason. BOL to everyone. :suds:

you got David....not Duke.....not sure/couldn't tell by your summary exactly who since it kinda fits both.....but David (who you have) has Ingram and Lindsey in town now so not sure how that affects your assessment if it all...Duke a FA....either way.....:suds:

Edited by Stinkin Ref
On 4/17/2021 at 1:58 PM, Mr. Irrelevant said:

) Beasley is really the Frank Gore of WRs - disrespected by ADP every year yet somehow always finishing in the top 25-30 at his position. 

:suds:

That's a fair comp. Beasley ends up being around the #30 wr, mostly because he plays each week. On average he's around 32 and 44 ppg the last two years. Good value if he maintains, and provides a solid floor to shoot high on others. 

I like your team a lot, kittle falling to 2.12 was crazy value. I almost went with two TEs with my first two picks.