What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many Seinfeldisms are in your repertoire? (1 Viewer)

I still bust out "yeah, that's right" and "that's a shame" on occasion, but only around people who will get the references (brothers, a few cousins).  

I am sure there are others, but I cannot recall this early in the morning. 

"The heat, my God the heat."

Pretty much anything from the exchange about going to hell and the "Devils" and stealing his Jesus fish.

Every time my wife and I have too many drinks and are having a big time at a bar or restaurant and the waiter comes to check on us it never fails...

waiter: you guys need more of anything?  

us: More Everything!  

we crack ourselves up  

Love spicy food so "It's the kung pao" comes up quite a bit.  Also occasionally tell people I work as an importer/exporter for Vandelay Industries.  Many others that have been mentioned as well..  Great thread

My god that Merv Griffin show is a classic:

• The studio set in Kramer's apartment
  • Kramer playing host with Newman as his sidekick - "Nope, we got a whole new format. Edgy, youthful..."
  • The sidler - Tic-tacs!
  • Easy bake oven - Toy collection

JERRY: What? It's a victimless crime.
  • ELAINE: What about the woman who's been drugged and taken advantage of?
  • JERRY: Okay, one victim.

[*]George having to take in the squirrel - We had a deal!

My god that Merv Griffin show is a classic:

• The studio set in Kramer's apartment
  • Kramer playing host with Newman as his sidekick - "Nope, we got a whole new format. Edgy, youthful..."
  • The sidler - Tic-tacs!
  • Easy bake oven - Toy collection

JERRY: What? It's a victimless crime.
  • ELAINE: What about the woman who's been drugged and taken advantage of?
  • JERRY: Okay, one victim.

[*]George having to take in the squirrel - We had a deal!
That is the subtle beauty of the entire show.  Every episode is full of different story lines that somehow come around to tie in at some point.  There are so many episodes I find myself saying "oh yeah, that is is in this one".  The story lines are all in my head but I forget how brilliant the show is at having so many in one episode.

Whenever I get a song stuck in my head, I fall back to George's answering machine song.

Believe it or not, George isn't at home, leave a messssaaaaaggee at the beep.  I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be.  Believe it or not, I'm not hooooome.    beeeeeeep.

Sorry.

I have had multiple teacher co-workers the last few years who were Seinfeld fans too.  We got a new assistant principal a few years back that I thought looked just like the guy who installed the new kitchen cabinets in Jerry's apartment.  I would never reference him by name to my co-workers, he was always "Conrad, Con, Connie, whatever you prefer."  

"it's a skill. like juggling."

that's one i use, but had forgotten it was a Seinfeld line until i saw the episode last night.

Also, my grand daughter calls me Poppy. So of course my wife gets in the “Poppy’s a little sloppy” from time to time 

Still use:

"You are soooooo good looking" after someone sneezes.  Fewer and fewer people get the reference every year.

and when someone is sick "Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well"

Bookman was awesome. The scene in Seinfeld's apartement, Seinfeld's trying to keep from losing it the whole time, he almost does lose it at Joy Boy. Great stuff.
In that vain my all time favorite scene is the episode where Kramer starts a smoking club in his apartment, it’s been going on for a while and Kramer comes into Jerry’s kitchen looking  like a “shriveled up old catcher mit”. The next few lines of interaction are hilarious and Jerry can’t stop with the #### eating grin. Kramer concludes with the “Don’t look at me! I’m hideous!” line.  Seen it 100’s of times and still laugh every time.  

In that vain my all time favorite scene is the episode where Kramer starts a smoking club in his apartment, it’s been going on for a while and Kramer comes into Jerry’s kitchen looking  like a “shriveled up old catcher mit”. The next few lines of interaction are hilarious and Jerry can’t stop with the #### eating grin. Kramer concludes with the “Don’t look at me! I’m hideous!” line.  Seen it 100’s of times and still laugh every time.  
Watching the outtakes of this and a lot of other scenes is a must for Seinfeld fans.

Users who are viewing this thread