What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

how many unidentified keys are on your key ring? (1 Viewer)

mr. furley

Footballguy
over the past few years i've managed to whittle my key chain down to 3 keys. 

1 car

1 house

1 unidentified 

it's been so long since i've used this key that i have no idea what it might be for anymore. but i'm not cutting it loose until i can either find it a home, or someone tells me what is/was used for. so far, no luck and it has been on my key chain for a very long time. couldn't even put a number it anymore. at least 15 years.

can you identify all the keys on your key chain? 

2 car (although I could pare it to 1)

2 house (deadbolt and knob)

1 work

1 parents' house

that leaves 1 unidentified, I think it's parents' other door.... will check today, actually

Ive got 9 keys.... :bag:  

1 for my truck

1 for my house

1 for my late grandfathers car after he passed (which I eventually donated years later.

2 for my grandfather house

2 for our storage place (were moving)

2 I dont know but think they might be to my folks old beach house. I should prolly toss em. 

ETA - To be fair, I rairly ever carry these keys with me because my work car which I drive almost exclusively has the key less fob. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The only key on my keyfob is for the house, so I'll go with zero keys that are unidentified. My car doesn't actually use a key in the sense that you don't insert a physical key into the ignition, just need the fob to be in the vehicle.  I used to have about 5 keys on the fob until we moved somewhat recently, then I just threw them all out. It's really nice being down to one key.  

2x apartment building lock (key and fob)

1x mailbox key

2x apartment top and bottom lock (2x keys- never use top lock, unless a babysitter locks it accidentally)

1x office key

1x storage unit key

1x citibike fob

-fin

2 car

2 house - front and side doors.

3 unknown - 2 look alike, and one looks smaller, like for a filing cabinet.

Also apparently have a Gold Gym's membership thing on my keychain even though I haven't been a member of Gold's Gym for 5-6 years.

1 - car

1 - house

1 - parents’ house

1 - work

1 - po box

1 - bathroom key to our old work bathroom

1 - unidentified 

1 truck key
1 house key
1 office key
1 workshop key
1 trailer lock key
1 safe deposit box key
0 unidentified 

BUT, I have a separate keyring that I keep at home that has 5 other random keys I rarely ever use.  3 are identified, 2 are complete unknowns that I'm convinced I'll desperately need the day after I toss em, so I keep em

2 cars

2 office (wing, office)

1 house

0 unidentified

I used to have like 20 of those keychain tags, only 6 now

1 car

1 to my office

0 unidentified

Don't need to keep a key for the house.  House has 2 electronic entry locks running on batteries and the garage door.  We keep a spare key for the electronic lock on the back door hidden inside the garage.

We also have a keyring with keys to our safe deposit boxes in a fireproof safe upstairs and a key to the neighborhood pool in the bag of all the pool sh!t my wife keeps.

1 key - Car

I installed one of those keypads on the house for the deadbolt.  Best thing I've ever done.  Now I have zero other keys on my keychain other than my vehicle.

I used to have keys to my parents house, my front and back door, garage, whatever else.  I decided I never really needed to use those, so I don't bother carrying them anymore.  It's quite liberating.

Only a car fob. 

I have a ring with most of my relatives house keys, there's probably several outdated keys on it, but I don't normally carry it around. Takes a minute and several tries when I need to use a key off of it.

Used to have about 5-6. Down to only 1-2 that I don't remember. Probably the basement door or something.

I thought for sure I wouldn’t have any. 

Then it looked like I had 3.   But one is an old mailbox key that I never got rid off. The other is to a padlock for a gate we never lock anymore.  The 3rd one is a mystery.  I think judging by the size and shape it goes to some other long-forgotten padlock,

Zero. 

I only carry two keys at any given time. The car I'm using and the house key. We have a two key set for all three of our cars. I like to travel light. 

I also don't have anything unnecessary in my wallet. DL, 2 credit cards, 1 debit card, insurance card, and $100 bill for emergencies. 

Zero. I have a key to my house, car and 2 keys for parents house. I do have a separate key chain for for work and there are 2 keys on there that I have no clue what they do. They were on the ring when I started and nobody then knew what it was for and I've just kep them their. I am sure at some point in time someone had a filing cabinet or something they were for but since they technically arent my keys, I just leave them there. 

over the past few years i've managed to whittle my key chain down to 3 keys. 

1 car

1 house

1 unidentified 

it's been so long since i've used this key that i have no idea what it might be for anymore. but i'm not cutting it loose until i can either find it a home, or someone tells me what is/was used for. so far, no luck and it has been on my key chain for a very long time. couldn't even put a number it anymore. at least 15 years.

can you identify all the keys on your key chain? 
I have the same configuration and can't figure out what the bronze key I have is for, either. It's sort of a mystery why it's still on my keychain. 

And, 

YOU HAVE KEYS? <Otis or Scoresman 

1 - Home uses a keypad but there's a backup key.

1 - fob for the car I'm driving that day just goes in my pocket

1 - Mailbox - key

1 - Backup Safe key in case I ignore the alarm and allow the battery to die (again)

2 - two small unidentified keys that I think are from either old safes or pistol cable locks

work car

jeep

jeep lock box

old work location - thanks for this cuz i can toss this one

house

mailbox

file cabinet safe

Stopped carrying a keychain - just carry my car key.  
:yes:   All I carry right now is the key fob for my car which isn't even a key.  I keep a house key stashed in the garage for entry, and quite frankly, I am thinking about changing locks to some type of code entry system.  I do have a a set of keys for work when school is in session, but no unidentifiable ones on that either.  I purged a couple years ago.

1 key - Car

I installed one of those keypads on the house for the deadbolt.  Best thing I've ever done.  Now I have zero other keys on my keychain other than my vehicle.

I used to have keys to my parents house, my front and back door, garage, whatever else.  I decided I never really needed to use those, so I don't bother carrying them anymore.  It's quite liberating.
Good idea, but I’m not sure I’d remember yet another passcode.

I carry two keys, one for my car and one for my house. And my “wallet” is just my drivers license and a credit card.

2 car keys

house key

key to my brothers house

1 tiny little key I think is for our document safe but I never lock that anyway 

2 unidentified.  One might be for my garage but I never lock that.  Thinking the other one might be a key to my dads house 

i also carry a bottle opener on my key ring

My wife just went through hers...

2 car keys/FOB

1 House Key

1 key for our business

1 mailbox key

1 Parents House key

1 Key to my late grandfathers trailer home

1 Unidentified 

Users who are viewing this thread