What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ίβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ β€‹βš½β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ EURO 2020 βš½β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ ​πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ίβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ People are saying THIS is the new greatest moment in sports history (3 Viewers)

Bonucci and the Spanish player (can't recall) who went high and hard took stones. Β Those are easy kicks to get wrong - especially with tired legs.

Running behind, so I just caught up.

First time all tournament I thought Italy was out played, and by a decent margin.Β  Tough loss for Spain.

I don't know what Spain did to stop the Italian pace of play today but you have to wonder how much Italy was missing SpinazzolaΒ bombing up and down that left wing.

Running behind, so I just caught up.

First time all tournament I thought Italy was out played, and by a decent margin.Β  Tough loss for Spain.

I don't know what Spain did to stop the Italian pace of play today but you have to wonder how much Italy was missing SpinazzolaΒ bombing up and down that left wing.
I think Spain are just so comfortable on the ball and keeping possession. Β Italy couldn’t press them in to mistakes like they could against justΒ about every other side. Β And I think Spain fatigued Italy. Β Credit to Italy for keeping them from scoring in ET but Spain had the momentum and didn’t press enough for me in ET. Β How you don’t go after Bonucci and Chellini more there puzzles me.

The slow roller always seems cheeky. Takes stones imo because you look foolish if the GK recovers and saves. Its one notch above a paneka.
Not in this case, Simon was already on his knees before Jorgino kicked the ball.
I feel like Simon was went down to a knee because that's Jorginho's plan - he sent him down then rolled it in.Β  I would think more GKs would learn to hold their ground when Jorginho does hisΒ hop-step, but they don't.

And we get to do it again tomorrow!
This has been a fun tournament.

But, I was thinking earlier today, that when the WC rolls around in December 2022, it won't have the same feel as having games on all afternoon during the summer. Β  :shrug:

(I'll still do it - but it will feelΒ weird...)

This has been a fun tournament.

But, I was thinking earlier today, that when the WC rolls around in December 2022, it won't have the same feel as having games on all afternoon during the summer. Β  :shrug:

(I'll still do it - but it will feelΒ weird...)
I love the WC, possibly my favorite sporting event. Β But the Euros have shown that once again it’s most likely the superior product - it’s been outstanding with only a few dud games. And now we will have probably the best team so far vs. either a home team in England or one of the best feel-good stories ever. Β UEFA has to be ecstatic with how things have gone up til now.

I love the WC, possibly my favorite sporting event. Β But the Euros have shown that once again it’s most likely the superior product - it’s been outstanding with only a few dud games. And now we will have probably the best team so far vs. either a home team in England or one of the best feel-good stories ever. Β UEFA has to be ecstatic with how things have gone up til now.
I've always found the Euro more exciting.Β  It lacks the variety from S. America, Africa, Asia, etc., which is a huge pro for the WC.Β  But thisΒ tournament moves so fast, pitting the big teams against each other right from the start.Β  The world cup seems like it takes longer to get to the good part whereas in the EURO these teams need to be right on top of things from day 1.

Euros > WC for me for a while.
Β 

Yeah you get Brazil, Argentina, Australia but you also get Madagascar, Bolivia andΒ the US…waters it down

I thought the 16 team Euro was stronger than a 32 team WC.

Currently I think a 32 team WC is stronger/more enjoyable than a 24 team Euro.

The Euro's might be technically better but the tournament is dying for just a little color and flair and some of the zaniness the other countries can bring.

That being said, a 24 team Euro is almost certainly going to be better than the 48 team abomination greedy FIFA came up with for 2026.Β  I really hope that is a one and done but I fear it won't be.

At some point, you think an exception will take place, but the reality is that the World Cup has been won by a UEFA (12) or CONMEBOL (9) team since it started over 90 years ago.Β  In fact, the final match has only been made up of countries from those 2 confederations.Β  For CONMEBOL, it's been either Brazil, Argentina, or Uruguay.Β  At least Europe has been more varied.

It's crazy to think the US might be the first team to break that streak.

When you expand to 48 teams, it's going to make some matches difficult to watch.Β 

At some point, you think an exception will take place, but the reality is that the World Cup has been won by a UEFA (12) or CONMEBOL (9) team since it started over 90 years ago.Β  In fact, the final match has only been made up of countries from those 2 confederations.Β  For CONMEBOL, it's been either Brazil, Argentina, or Uruguay.Β  At least Europe has been more varied.

It's crazy to think the US might be the first team to break that streak.

When you expand to 48 teams, it's going to make some matches difficult to watch.Β 
It’s going to be like the NCAA play-in games in Dayton, except it’ll be like 24 of them instead of 4

it is going to be awful.Β  There are going to be any where from 8 to 14 games in the moronic "group" stage that are going to consist of the extremeΒ minnow parking the bus for the entire game.Β  Β 

We are going to get too many matchups like Germany vs the 6th best team in Concacaf.Β  Β  Having one of these a WC is ok.Β  Having 10 of them is going to make for a poor tournament.Β Β 

Sure, odds are that we get one gigantic upset which is always fun but that's not going to make up for more than a handful of 5 and 6 goal wins.

Of course general entertainment is in the eye of the beholder.Β 

There hasn't been a single Euro or Copa game that came with in even a light year of the entertainment value the US Mexico game had for me.

Users who are viewing this thread