What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Movies have you walked out of? (1 Viewer)

Saw Prophecy in college and hated it.  There was a scene where Eric Stoltz french-kissed a little girl and that was it for me.  Walked out and waited for my friends in the lobby.  Awful movie even without the child molestation.

Took a date to see Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - She was a single mom and had to be home at a certain time.  The movie sucked so bad she told me if we left now, we could have sex in my car before taking her home.  Sex in the backseat of an Acura Integra.  With me.  That was better for her than sitting through that god awful movie.  That should be the new baseline for a bad film - "It was so bad, I opted to boink GM in the back of a tiny Japanese car instead".  

True Stories - Just got bored and left.  Think I rented it another time and watched it all and still thought it was pointless crap.  Had one buddy who loved it, just never got it, I guess.

I haven't been to a movie theater since I took my son and 5 of his friends to see Adventures of Tintin.  That movie sucked so bad I haven't been back to a theater since.  I think I'm done going to movies for good.  Just not worth the money.  If you're going to charge me $15 or whatever to watch a crappy movie, get bent.  I'll watch at home absent the strangers.

I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie.  The closest I've come is when I saw Passenger 57 in college and the film broke with about 20 minutes to go.  The manager offered me a credit to see the movie so I could see the ending and I was like "Nah, I'm good."

Didn't "walk out" because it wasn't in a theater, but the only movie I've started and not finished is Zach Snyder's Justice League cut.  Just awful and so much worse than the already bad theatrical cut.

I've never walked out of a movie but I was once chastised by a walkout patron for staying in the theater.

Flashback to right before Christmas 2003. I was bored one day and decided to go to a 1:00 matinee.

The marquise read: BAD SANTA

It was just me and one old man in the theater. Not far into the movie I was laughing out loud repeatedly. 

He got up and walked slowly by my seat staring at me. "You must be sick to think this movie is funny."

And that was it, he left and I had the whole theater to stretch, move about and change seats at freewill.

And laugh very loud. You rock Billy Bob!

The Simpsons spoiled the Crying Game for me when Chief Wiggum revealed the twist. I never bothered seeing it after that.

I've never walked out of a movie, although I rarely go to a theater but when I saw PeeWee's Big Adventure, a group of black dudes walked out cursing at the screen after about 15 minutes. Not sure what they were expecting.

eta: it might have been Mayor Quimby

Last edited by a moderator:
Dawn of the Dead

I loved it but my date was grossed out. Still remember the exact moment she got up and I had to follow. It was when the zombie got the top of his head cut off by the helicopter blade.

Don't think I ever have.  Was a bit stunned watching the Crying Game with my dad at 15 years old, but we just stuck it out and then drove home in silence instead.
Reminds of a similar thing with me Ma. In the mid 70s, my father finally got the fancy NY job worthy of his work in his field, so they decided to move to Jersey. The company wanted him right away, so he lived in a hotel down there, leaving Ma to close the house. I got drafted into helping and, even tho our fighting was feral enough to normally allow only rare contact, that turned out to be a positive experience for us both. We'd packed the house well before the movers were scheduled to arrive so i suggested, since she & i loved Boston and me Da always hated it, why dont we get a proper hotel and say goodbye to the town for a coupla days before the move. so we went to our old neighborhoods - i was raised about 6 blocks from where she was - in Jamaica Plain, her old haunts around town, nice Italian dinner in the North End, back to the Parker House (even though in the Combat Zone then, her idea of a fancyschmancy hotel), had a lunch with old friends & fam scheduled for the next day. She wanted to go to one last picture show - movies had been a daily part of her single life - so we got the paper and had a look

Werent much we had in common, tastewise, but we saw one with Kris Kristofferson, who she thought was dreamy, and Sarah Miles, from one of her favorite pictures, Ryan's Daughter, so we went to see The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea. Problem is, it turned out to be kind of a Last Tango in Portsmouth, the highlight of which was a naked Miles standing on a bed, leaning on the wall while Kristofferson munched her crumpets. not quite a trans-reveal, but close enough for a son sitting with his Ma. That's when my frugal mother's insistence on reserving a double room instead of two turned out to be as bad an idea as our movie choice. More awkward silences in one night than in our entire career to that point.

I've never walked out of a movie at a theater, but I saw some people walk out during Children of the Corn (the '84 version).  I don't know if they thought it was too scary, too sucky, or some other reason. 

He wants you, too, Malachai!

Back in college, I paid to see a double feature of old movies.  I have no idea what the first one was, but it was good.  Ten minutes into the Judge Hardy movie with Mickey Rooney, I sadi, "Life is too short" and walked out.

I would have walked out of Buck and the Preacher, but we were cruising at 30,000 feet.

walked out of Loose Cannons. never finished it. could it be Hackman's worse movie?

Had a friend saying "this is stupid" while walking out of Cronenberg's Crash. waited in the lobby.

HAPPINESS

Solondz can go #### himself.

went to see it opening night at the Angelika, as i was squiring a young lady who had a bit part in the flick ... i was outta there in roughly 40 minutes - not even her juice was worth the squeeze of one more second of that ####-ery. 

miserable, absolutely ghastly. 

This won't be popular, but the closest I ever came to walking out was 12 Monkeys.  Brad Pitt's acting was almost unwatchable to me, nothing really happens, and it is soooo unnecessarily long.  Every time they showed the slow motion shooting scene I kept hoping it was finally occurring for real.  Absolutely hate this movie.

Not in a theater and I somehow watched the whole thing, but by far the worst movie I've ever scene is Bacon Head.  Back of the box said if you like Beavis and Butthead and Monty Python you'll like this.  Apparently what they meant was if you like poorly ripped off jokes from said franchises you will like this.  So, so, bad.  It was such a substandard offering that my wife gets annoyed at me if I mention it as the worst movie I've seen because it "doesn't count."

Another rental stinker is Second Sight.  Woof.  John Larroquette and Bronson Pinchot, so you can pretty much pin down when it was made.  The only things I remember from this movie are Balki's head spinning around and a giant neon slinky being used to mind control an airplane.  I sometimes want to re-watch this one to see if it is every bit as execrable as I remember, but I can never bring myself to do so.

Ilov80s said:
I don't think I ever have. There were probably some I would have liked to but was with other people.  As I noted in the movie thread, I've never seen so many people walk out of a movie than Uncut Gems. It was like 20-30 people that left in total disgust. 
They left at the end? Great movie, but not sure I'd wanna see it again. Can't think of many movies that in a single moment my breath completely escaped me.

They left at the end? Great movie, but not sure I'd wanna see it again. Can't think of many movies that in a single moment my breath completely escaped me.
No, walked out between 30 and 60 mins in. It was near Christmas and there were a lot of families there, lots of groups of older people. I think they literally knew nothing about it other than it was an Adam Sandler movie. I’ve never seen so many people react so negatively to a movie. I was with a group of 8 or so and there were another 30 or so in the theater who seemed to know what they were in for and loved it. That was one of the more intense experiences I’ve had at a movie in awhile and absolutely loved it. It held up IMO on a rewatch. If you liked that, check out Good Time. Same writers-directors and every bit as intense. Might be an even better movie.

When my wife and I were dating in college, we went to the $1.50 theater in town with her roommate. One movie we saw was The Island, the one where clones of famous people are harvested for said famous people. Didn’t walk out, but it got close. Later on, same roommate suggested The Skeleton Key, turns out that she just had bad taste in movies, because that was just as bad. She didn’t get to pick movies anymore after that. I can’t think of a movie I’ve walked out of, but I also can’t remember every movie I’ve seen in theaters. 

I had a friend who got stoned and went to see Billy Madison at the movies when it first came out.  Except that movie was no longer playing and he bought a ticket to see Nell instead.  

He was not impressed. 

This was back when we didn’t have a multiplex, just a single theatre.  

This had to be a lot more common pre-IMDB or even nascent Blockbuster days when you only had word of mouth or newspaper reviews, and rental/home video options were limited to trying to watch scrambled HBO on the cable box.

Pulled out of movie theater by my dad: All of Me  (My parents divorced when I was in 4th grade. Dad took my younger sister and me  to this one looking for something to do to keep us occupied on his weekend with us and decided the humor was inappropriate.)

Yor, the Hunter from the Future: Just my dad and me at the old Playboy Cinema in downtown Cincinnati. I think he thought we seeing the next Star Wars. So bad that if I watched it now it would probably be funny. 12 year old me was underwhelmed that were no bunnies in sight and was just a dumpy theater. 2 for 2, dad....

True voluntary walkout: Strange Days. Might have snuck into this one as a bonus  after doing a mystery shopper gig I had back in the day. Didn’t click with me and I was probably just too tired to pay attention.

Bonus Feature: Friends and I went to see From Dusk Til Dawn, thinking it was Pulp Fiction II more or less. One guy nodded off early on and woke up mid-vampire carnage. He thought he was in a different movie and got up to leave thinking we left him there alone.

Users who are viewing this thread