What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 101 Movies of the 90s. We are done. If I knock out Amadeus/Brazil/Ran, We get to have an 80s countdown!! (1 Viewer)

The secret, I don't know... I guess you've just gotta find something you love to do and then... do it for the rest of your life. For me, it's going to Rushmore.

#15: RUSHMORE

There are 3 specific movies that I believe I am going to take heat for bringing down the ranking in the top 15. As I said, keep two things in mind - this is why I thought the collaborative list would be the best way to go, and a few years ago none of the 3 would have made my rankings, or if they did it would be way closer to 100. This is the first, but I think the one with the least anger attached. Yes, for the most part I hate Wes Anderson movies, but this is the exception. This was my #34, and 80s' #17.
Just watcched Rushmore again for the first time in at least a decade. Still holds up. Great music and pretty much everything Max and Herman do is hilarious.

So I guess we both have dead people in our families.

And then I knew for sure when they went skinny dipping in Mr. Blume's swimming pool, giving each other handjobs while you were taking a nap on the front porch.

Rushmore is awesome! Tough to choose between that and Bottle Rocket. Royal Tenenbaums is clearly number three imo.

The secret, I don't know... I guess you've just gotta find something you love to do and then... do it for the rest of your life. For me, it's going to Rushmore.

There are 3 specific movies that I believe I am going to take heat for bringing down the ranking in the top 15. As I said, keep two things in mind - this is why I thought the collaborative list would be the best way to go, and a few years ago none of the 3 would have made my rankings, or if they did it would be way closer to 100. This is the first, but I think the one with the least anger attached. Yes, for the most part I hate Wes Anderson movies, but this is the exception. This was my #34, and 80s' #17.
Just watcched Rushmore again for the first time in at least a decade. Still holds up. Great music and pretty much everything Max and Herman do is hilarious.

And then I knew for sure when they went skinny dipping in Mr. Blume's swimming pool, giving each other handjobs while you were taking a nap on the front porch.

Rushmore is awesome! Tough to choose between that and Bottle Rocket. Royal Tenenbaums is clearly number three imo.
Oddly enough, I'm not the biggest Tenebaums fan. I need to rewatch it,maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it when I saw it. Grand Budapest Hotel is his best movie I think but Rushmore is right behind it.

Oddly enough, I'm not the biggest Tenebaums fan. I need to rewatch it,maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it when I saw it. Grand Budapest Hotel is his best movie I think but Rushmore is right behind it.
Have you seen Bottle Rocket?

Oh yeah, big fan.

Oh yeah, big fan.
Good Times!

:thumbup:

Oh yeah, big fan.
Good Times!

Have you seen the trailer for the new Wes film Asteroid City?

Oh yeah, big fan.
Good Times!

Is it quirky?

Oh yeah, big fan.
Good Times!

Is it quirky?
It's extremely quirked up

Also, tough to choose between Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show..

If I had to choose I'd go with Best In Show.
Yeah, very very tough. I think I do prefer Guffman though.
Surprising with GBHotel. Better than The Three I mentioned?

Wow! Still Good Though.
I think GB Hotel is the best movie Wes made. He had his whole aesthetic down, he had the big budget, the massive cast and gave the perfect balance of characters, drama and comedy.

Wow! Still Good Though.
I think GB Hotel is the best movie Wes made. He had his whole aesthetic down, he had the big budget, the massive cast and gave the perfect balance of characters, drama and comedy.
I kind of see Wes Anderson's first three films as comparable with Woody Allens' first three slapstick films, Take the Money and Run, Bananas and Sleeper.

All laugh out loud funny. Much more hilarity than anything produced later.

jmo

Wow! Still Good Though.
I kind of see Wes Anderson's first three films as comparable with Woody Allens' first three slapstick films, Take the Money and Run, Bananas and Sleeper.

jmo
That makes sense. Moonrise and Grand Budapest is more his Annie Hall and Manhattan phase?

Rushmore might be the most quotable though

You're like one of those clipper ship captains. You're married to the sea.
Look, I may not be rich, Mr. Blume, my father may only be a doctor, but we manage.
Oh yeah and with friends like you who needs friends?

Wow! Still Good Though.

jmo
That makes sense. Moonrise and Grand Budapest is more his Annie Hall and Manhattan phase?
Right!

Users who are viewing this thread