What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​⚽ OFFICIAL GOLD CUP THREAD: United States Beats Mexico. Again. ⚽ (1 Viewer)

Qatar's tackling has been really, really good.
Pretty organized.

Hoppe the only guy looking capable of beating somebody on the dribble...which they'll to do to open things up here. 

They're moving the ball way too slowly and the skills just aren't there for any ody else...all handled pretty easily by the Qataris defenders.

Totally dominated and it's scoreless. Is that good or bad?

I'm admittedly distracted by possession but even taking that in to account I don't think we were dominated.  Definitely 2nd best and lucky to not give up a goal.  I'll be disappointed if GGG doesn't make moves quickly.

I'm admittedly distracted by possession but even taking that in to account I don't think we were dominated.  Definitely 2nd best and lucky to not give up a goal.  I'll be disappointed if GGG doesn't make moves quickly.
Lol...I think Match meant the US dominated- possession. Which goes to show possession doesn't mean much.

Well, we kind of knew it was going to be ugly and it has been so far.  We are doing nothing with our possession and Qatar is creating lots of chances.

Turner continues to shine though, keeping the US alive.  But boy do we not look the part in the final 3rd tonight.  It is just a barren wasteland.

It is a shame we couldn't be just a little more productive because the few times the Qatari keeper has been near the ball, he has not looked comfortable at all.

Guess it depends on if your main goal tonight is to win or continue to progress and find players for the WCQ 23.  I will say that I think we found our #1 keeper.

I want to win and play Mexico (no matter how ugly it may be) - so I vote good.

I suppose it's easier to swallow having nobody to take people on out on the flanks when you figure we didn't bring Pulisic, Aaronson, Reyna, or Weah (or Dest and Robinson).

Lol...I think Match meant the US dominated- possession. Which goes to show possession doesn't mean much.
No, I meant US was totally dominated by Qatar. 13-3 in shots. Gotta be about 5-0 in scoring chances. At least. Three-fourths of the US team looks incompetent or drunk to this ignorant set of eyes. Game/situation/opponent too big for them it seems.

Huh - I thought he meant is it good we played bad but are tied or bad that we played bad.  I wouldn't even call our possession dominating because they let us have the ball and we did nothing with it.  Maybe if we had even had a couple of half chances.

Normally I would be optimistic in this scenario but these guys play with each other all the time - I think I read that like 12 of their players are on the same Qatari side.  They are going to play the same way the 2nd half and probably convert one of those chances.  It's totally on us to change the game through subs.

No, I meant US was totally dominated by Qatar. 13-3 in shots. Gotta be about 5-0 in scoring chances. At least. Three-fourths of the US team looks incompetent or drunk to this ignorant set of eyes. Game/situation/opponent too big for them it seems.
Ah... Good. Didn't give you proper credit for the analysis. 

Users who are viewing this thread