What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you approve of this administration's job performance at the 7 month mark? (1 Viewer)

Do you approve of the job Kamala Harris is doing as VP?

• Total voters
There were so many things disqualifying about Trump that he shouldn't have even made the nomination; so in my opinion the bar was SO low with him, yes, it could have been a rock.
Too bad it wasn’t, 100% would have screwed up less at this point. Even The Rock couldn’t do this bad. 

There were so many things disqualifying about Trump that he shouldn't have even made the nomination; so in my opinion the bar was SO low with him, yes, it could have been a rock.

I don't think I'd go this far.   Joe got the nod because he was boring, and there was ties to Obama.  The outcome was closer than many of us probably expected, so I don't think many others available win the election.    

I don't mean to make light of the stuff I've done, I just think I'm thoroughly disqualified at this point. Other than a miracle of people accepting a humble, "I'll stay straight and won't do that again and the depravity doesn't disqualify me," I think that's pretty much shot.

And when things got really bad in the Republican party, I considered it for the briefest of moments. But my past, and given that I live in a red stronghold that is pretty Trumpian, quickly quelled that thought. My qualifications and thoughts would be anathema to any political aspirations, never mind my past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pretty shocked by this honestly, did realize it was that until it became obvious it is.  
Yeah, all the pickups and flags and guns should have clued us in. It's a different kind of California, unless you're in wine country here.

Yeah, all the pickups and flags and guns should have clued us in. It's a different kind of California, unless you're in wine country here.
Yeah for sure.  About 3/4ish years ago I came to realize it, the 7 different pop up Trump merch tents around were hard to miss, but before that I really had no clue.  

Yeah for sure.  About 3/4ish years ago I came to realize it, the 7 different pop up Trump merch tents around were hard to miss, but before that I really had no clue.  
The big "IN GOD WE TRUST" stones along the highway we travel northbound told me that, too.

The dishonesty thus far is also disappointing.  I get you have to play coy and not give up some information…but a lot of this seems aimed more at making it look not as bad in Afghanistan.

They get worse daily. If this was Trump they'd be using the 25th amendment. These are not grown up at the helm. Just simply incompetent.

Right?  I mean, even BEFORE this there was a case to be made on invoking the 25th on Biden.  Instead, they falsely used it to try and get a guy the didn't like.

So in theory the dems could have ran anyone right?
Exactly the problem.  That was very high on my list of reasons why I thought Trump was so dangerous - if you’re willing to vote for him that means the other side would vote for the DNC version of him and then, well, we literally could elect anyone.  There’s no real point in rehashing this for the billionth time but assuming you voted for Trump, you voted for easily the worst candidate for POTUS ever - totally unqualified and had no business near the office.  Just think about how horrible you think Biden is and then remember he won over Trump pretty convincingly - that’s how bad Trump is, the rest of us understand that THIS is better.

Exactly the problem.  That was very high on my list of reasons why I thought Trump was so dangerous - if you’re willing to vote for him that means the other side would vote for the DNC version of him and then, well, we literally could elect anyone.  There’s no real point in rehashing this for the billionth time but assuming you voted for Trump, you voted for easily the worst candidate for POTUS ever - totally unqualified and had no business near the office.  Just think about how horrible you think Biden is and then remember he won over Trump pretty convincingly - that’s how bad Trump is, the rest of us understand that THIS is better.
Nailed it.

Good lord - you can’t possibly believe this.

DEFINITION: popular vote (High School Level) ( noun) :

the vote for a U.S. presidential candidate made by the qualified voters, as opposed to that made by the electoral college.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/popular-vote

List of United States presidential elections by popular vote margin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_by_popular_vote_margin

Biden - 81,284,666

Facts are like a billion bricks falling from the sky. You might tap dance and avoid them for a short while. But eventually the reality of weight plus gravity will hit you like a freight train and then drive you into the ground.

It wasn't really a tap dance. It was more of a wobbly duck half baked limping shimmy. Something like bad Zumba. That's my new nickname for you every time you want to cook your own facts - Bad Zumba.

AAABatteries said:
....the rest of us understand that THIS is better.

Direct Headline: Afghanistan: Women throw babies over fence to 'safety' fearing Taliban

Details: 'Some babies got caught in the wire'

Pratyush Kotoky Thu, 19 August, 2021, 5:19 am

https://in.news.yahoo.com/afghanistan-women-throw-babies-over-121916504.html

"Some babies got caught in the (razor) wire"

Call me crazy, but this doesn't actually look and sound better to me.

GordonGekko said:
DEFINITION: popular vote (High School Level) ( noun) :

the vote for a U.S. presidential candidate made by the qualified voters, as opposed to that made by the electoral college.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/popular-vote

List of United States presidential elections by popular vote margin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_by_popular_vote_margin

Biden - 81,284,666

Facts are like a billion bricks falling from the sky. You might tap dance and avoid them for a short while. But eventually the reality of weight plus gravity will hit you like a freight train and then drive you into the ground.

It wasn't really a tap dance. It was more of a wobbly duck half baked limping shimmy. Something like bad Zumba. That's my new nickname for you every time you want to cook your own facts - Bad Zumba.
Again.  What's the point of this?  That the Dems are horrible and picked a horrible candidate ?  

Its not a difficult leap to surmise that popularity was solely driven by dislike of Trump. 

We also had kids being separated from parents, and people thought that was cruel and were for that getting reversed, and people seem to be under the impression that catch and release didn't have some pretty bad consequences as they gathered at the border, but again that's been discussed as well.   

I don't want get into a slap fight, because honestly I don't love how we have handled the border for awhile now and don't think either went about that issue well.   I was just pointing out that he reversed all policies was false, and where people who say that are coming from (as far as it's been messed up for awhile).  
no slap fight but your defense of the current border policy is not defensible.  just because it's your side,  & on & on & on.

call it like it is.   It's a damn cluster & we all know it.

rockaction said:
I don't mean to make light of the stuff I've done, I just think I'm thoroughly disqualified at this point. Other than a miracle of people accepting a humble, "I'll stay straight and won't do that again and the depravity doesn't disqualify me," I think that's pretty much shot.

And when things got really bad in the Republican party, I considered it for the briefest of moments. But my past, and given that I live in a red stronghold that is pretty Trumpian, quickly quelled that thought. My qualifications and thoughts would be anathema to any political aspirations, never mind my past.
really love your posts.  very informed.  I also share your frustration.

appreciate it.

GordonGekko said:
How long did it take you to dig yourself out of the ground?

AAABatteries said:
I disagree.  that is why I voted for Trump both times.  I like to see things done.

America first.

I disagree.  that is why I voted for Trump both times.  I like to see things done.

America first.
Agreed, the “logic” that just because more people voted for Biden shows that this is “better” is clearly flawed which Biden’s nightmare handling of recent events is proving. 

no slap fight but your defense of the current border policy is not defensible.  just because it's your side,  & on & on & on.

call it like it is.   It's a damn cluster & we all know it.
Why bother with this #### and dumb accusations of "sides"?  it's ####### annoying.  Right in the post you quoted I said I don't love how we handle the border.  Been critical of the mess down there this year too.  

America first.
More like undone -- his only plan was to undo everything Obama did.  End stop. 

Still,  had both house and senate and infrastructure never happened.

More like undone -- his only plan was to undo everything Obama did.  End stop. 

Still,  had both house and senate and infrastructure never happened.
Honestly, it seems like most of the plans is just this crap.   Just undo what the previous person did so it looks like you are doing something so the base is behind you.  Meanwhile nothing really gets done besides the haves get more.  

Trump's policy was to remove all troops, citizens and equipment in an orderly fashion and if the Taliban interferes to bomb the #### out of them. So Biden is kind of screwing that up on all fronts. 
Orderly fashion? Since when did Trump do ANYTHING in an orderly fashion?  :lol:

Orderly fashion? Since when did Trump do ANYTHING in an orderly fashion?  :lol:

Just to clear the air here, YOUR side voted 'anyone but Trump!" because YOUR SIDE was convinced that YOUR CANDIDATE would do a better job than Trump ever could.  Of course, that has backfired immensely.  Lots of people going to have to eat crow. 

So falling back on "BUT TRUMP!!" is simply an attempt to try and deflect from the ####-show YOUR CANDIDATE has created.

The old adage, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" is certainly apt in this case.

Just to clear the air here, YOUR side voted 'anyone but Trump!" because YOUR SIDE was convinced that YOUR CANDIDATE would do a better job than Trump ever could.  Of course, that has backfired immensely.  Lots of people going to have to eat crow. 

So falling back on "BUT TRUMP!!" is simply an attempt to try and deflect from the ####-show YOUR CANDIDATE has created.

The old adage, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" is certainly apt in this case.
The "BUT TRUMP" is coming from Trump supporters that are claiming Trump would have done better. My response is disagreeing with that. 

In regards specifically to Afghanistan there’s not much here to argue with.  

Users who are viewing this thread