What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick a Pair/Half Decade Album Draft - Bonus Rounds Thu & Fri - Pick three if you want (1 Viewer)

:lmao:   I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone this stressed about one of these drafts.  And this is coming from me, the anxiety queen.
  I'm just generally nervous today.  I didn't realize it was showing through, lol.  It's usually schtick.  I am nervous KP is gonna snipe me. 

Just finished Ted Lasso, great episode. Ted is having panic attacks.  I'm nervous for him. 

Also, I haven't had many carbs since June. Haven't cheated once.  All of a sudden after no cravings ever, I want chocolate cake.  

That's probably it.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note, the last bard update has made a mess of things for me here.  I have to manually refresh to actually get a refresh.  Also, one out of every three posts I make lags out before it posts.  I have been copying every post I make in case, but it's a pain.  

Anyone else have these issues?
I’ve only had issues with getting logged out all the time, even sometimes while changing topics.

Farther up the draft, I would have nabbed that Stones and Floyd combo, or at least something similar with Animals and Sticky Fingers.   Thought about others, but I guess I will be Cpt. Obvious... 

Rd 1:  Radiohead 

OK COMPUTER - 1997

IN RAINBOWS - 2007

It was hard to narrow down the selection.   There was probably a different album that people expected first, but IMO In Rainbows is the better album and more consistent.   I like the other one's songs more in the context of hearing them live and not when I am listening to the actual album.   

I'm just generally nervous today.  I didn't realize it was showing through, lol.  It's usually schtick.  I am nervous KP is gonna snipe me. 

Just finished Ted Lasso, great episode. Ted is having panic attacks.  I'm nervous for him. 

Also, I haven't had many carbs since June. Haven't cheated once.  All of a sudden after no cravings ever, I want chocolate cake.  

That's probably it.
 I am guessing I came close if not sniping directly.   Blame the dude that took Animals... 

Aja was the only I album I ever won for being the right caller to phone the radio station.

ETA: I probably mentioned this in a previous draft but not much is happening these days. 
I once won a Who poster (it was a The Who/Budweiser-ish promotional poster) by answering a trivia question circa '83+-. I did not phone it in, but rather the radio station was blocks away when the trivia question was posed. I pulled up the station, knocked on the door, and got a poster.

I don't remember the question, but I'm pretty sure the answer was Keith Moon.  In hindsight, I know that I was the only one within a a 100-mile radius who could answer the question.

Big Marvin Gaye fan.  Loved it when it came out ...and really hit home when Todd recorded it on his Bossa Nova covers album "Todd With A Twist."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WpZAfW-oGA

With a Twist... is a 1997 album by Todd Rundgren. Asked to produce an album of new versions of his older singles, Rundgren decided to record the songs in Bossa nova style with elements of Exotica, complete with tropical bird call effects at the beginning of "Hello, It's Me" similar to Martin Denny's recording Quiet Village. Continuing the theme, Rundgren toured theaters with a replica of a tiki bar, the performers on a very small stage with selected audience members being seated at tables also on the theater stage, and being served drinks by the monitor engineer/bartender. The performers never acknowledged the larger theater audience, and the show ended when the last "bar patron" left the stage.
Hopefully no one snipes me on that Rundgren album now that you’ve spotlighted it. 

Farther up the draft, I would have nabbed that Stones and Floyd combo, or at least something similar with Animals and Sticky Fingers.   Thought about others, but I guess I will be Cpt. Obvious... 

OK COMPUTER - 1997

IN RAINBOWS - 2007

It was hard to narrow down the selection.   There was probably a different album that people expected first, but IMO In Rainbows is the better album and more consistent.   I like the other one's songs more in the context of hearing them live and not when I am listening to the actual album.   
yeah. I was taking these two. but I figured you would.

That's probably it.

I don't mean to dissuade you from the shtick.  It's been entertaining.  :lol:  

Good job on the carbs.  Damn.  No pizza?!?  I'd die.

This is kind of the obvious move for me. I told myself I wouldn’t take the same things I always do but as I look closer, this might be more challenging than I first anticipated. Got to be true to yourself and get your absolute favorites early.
 Gets it = You

This is how I'm going into it, and feel like once I get past the second round, I'm going to get every pick I've already written up, which is 8 of the remaining 9 rounds.

I said I'd go with earlier albums at the start but as it turns out, there's maybe a bit more depth there than I may have thought. I'm basically down to a choice between a couple album pairings that might be viewed as the "best" versus the combination that is  my favourite. Plus, knowing who has picks coming after me, I'm not ever sure if these are more or less likely to get back to me. 

It is time to break the seal on Canada as well...

Arcade Fire - Funeral (2004)

Neighbourhood #1 Tunnels

Wake Up

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (2010)

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

Ready to Start

@Steve Tasker otc

OK COMPUTER - 1997

IN RAINBOWS - 2007

However you go, OK Computer is the one that matters imo.  

I said I'd go with earlier albums at the start but as it turns out, there's maybe a bit more depth there than I may have thought. I'm basically down to a choice between a couple album pairings that might be viewed as the "best" versus the combination that is  my favourite. Plus, knowing who has picks coming after me, I'm not ever sure if these are more or less likely to get back to me. 

Neighbourhood #1 Tunnels

Wake Up

Ready to Start

@Steve Tasker otc
I didn’t think Funeral would make it back to me but I hoped 

Neighbourhood #1 Tunnels

Wake Up

Ready to Start

@Steve Tasker otc
Fuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkk.

This is what I was stressing over KP taking.  I think I'm clear, and boom.  These would have been my 1.1.  I should just quit now.  Dammit.

This is kind of the obvious move for me. I told myself I wouldn’t take the same things I always do but as I look closer, this might be more challenging than I first anticipated. Got to be true to yourself and get your absolute favorites early.

Van Morrison 

1969 Astral Weeks

Beside You

Madame George

1970 Moondance

Into the Mystic

Glad Tidings

I was watching The Sopranos, Season 5, Episode 13, tonight (so what, I'm a little behind), and the Van Morrison music reminded me that I thought of this with my first pick, but given what a jerkface he is now I didn't feel like I wanted him on my limited desert island.  These are two of my favorite records of all time, though, and I can't fault you - in fact, I shall praise you! - for the pick.

:lmao:  Man, just saw the thread and we's already 6 pages deep and well into round one. Sorry, been a busy week for me, but appreciate the heads up, love y'all. Worried about committing 'cause I'll likely be busy 'til Thursday, but I'll keep track and see if there's any chance of joining along the way!  :suds:

So my BiL going into surgery this morning is a paraplegic some 35 years. He's been battling foot infections since breaking a leg 5 years ago. Pretty sure he's going to lose a foot tomorrow around 11am. I've been talking to him for awhile, reassuring him that this isn't a major inconvenience for me. He's extremely upset about this. Not because he's going to likely lose a foot. 

But because not only is he going to miss the NFL opening Sunday. He's responsible for me missing it too. Priorities man.

So my BiL going into surgery this morning is a paraplegic some 35 years. He's been battling foot infections since breaking a leg 5 years ago. Pretty sure he's going to lose a foot tomorrow around 11am. I've been talking to him for awhile, reassuring him that this isn't a major inconvenience for me. He's extremely upset about this. Not because he's going to likely lose a foot. 

But because not only is he going to miss the NFL opening Sunday. He's responsible for me missing it too. Priorities man.
Sorry to hear that, Chaos. Thoughts and prayers for your BiL. That must be an extraordinarily tough thing to face. I feel for him.

Sorry to hear that, Chaos. Thoughts and prayers for your BiL. That must be an extraordinarily tough thing to face. I feel for him.
I appreciate the sentiments. But the surgery is no big deal to him at all. It will resolve an annoying issue. He'll be fit with a boot for appearances. His feet and legs have been worthless for 35 years. 

He is legitimately upset about missing Cincy/Minn tomorrow morning. :)

Biggest football fan I know. I found his reason for anxiety humorous.

He said at least no anesthesia is required so hopefully we can catch an afternoon game in the hospital. :)

Users who are viewing this thread