What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Music Draft - Rolling Stone Greatest 500 Songs Garbage List - Now with unhealthy regional pork-stuffs! (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice said:
"This is Their Best Song" Draft. 

Every artist is only eligible to be picked once. You are drafting what you deem their best song. 

This draft is genius because:

- HOT TAKES - it's basically custom made for hot takes - we want to make our statements and go against consensus probably in a lot of cases, that's part of the fun of it. If you want to get the consensus pick, you better go really early which brings us to...

- SNIPING - We all know each other's tastes now, we share a lot of favourites but we probably very infrequently agree on what any given bands #1 song is. Which brings us to...

- SHTICK - Are you going to leave me The Hold Steady or grab your version of their best song early. Are you going to pick from the bottom of Krista's Beatles list or the end of Pip's Neil Young list for ####s and giggles? Who's to say! 

I may have had some beers with football but I think this idea is hilarious. 
I'd like to join this one.

Northern Voice said:

Every artist is only eligible to be picked once. You are drafting what you deem their best song. 

- HOT TAKES - it's basically custom made for hot takes - we want to make our statements and go against consensus probably in a lot of cases, that's part of the fun of it. If you want to get the consensus pick, you better go really early which brings us to...

- SNIPING - We all know each other's tastes now, we share a lot of favourites but we probably very infrequently agree on what any given bands #1 song is. Which brings us to...

- SHTICK - Are you going to leave me The Hold Steady or grab your version of their best song early. Are you going to pick from the bottom of Krista's Beatles list or the end of Pip's Neil Young list for ####s and giggles? Who's to say! 

IN. And I may or may not care whether I get Neil. Ain't tellin'. 🤣

Northern Voice said:

This sounds fun.

Technically I adopted Danny and am fostering Dylan.  Technically.  For now.
dyno-mite!

fyi... thought of you- Floppinha still working on Fast Car on the guitar, teacher has just thrown in Blackbird wiht a lot of the same plucking and notes. she's plunking it out while I type.

also also, we're back into the ACC fostering site with a bunch of 2-4 week olds out there. want. all. we're going away for thanksgiving, so won't commit until we get back.

I didn't necessarily mean that draft needs to supercede the 90s draft or any other one, but I'd like to get a draft of some sort going, so whichever has more traction, I'll fire up tonight. 

@krista4   How are Danny Says and Candy Says acclimating?  How are all the cats mixing, or have they all met yet?  Are the other furry children Squib, Squirrel, and Floofers?  

simey said:
@krista4   How are Danny Says and Candy Says acclimating?  How are all the cats mixing, or have they all met yet?  Are the other furry children Squib, Squirrel, and Floofers?  
Thanks for asking!  DS and CS are doing well.  I did gradual intros to existing meows, bringing them into the separate room one at a time, over the course of three days, and now today I'm letting them mix and mingle at their leisure.  

Northern Voice said:
I didn't necessarily mean that draft needs to supercede the 90s draft or any other one, but I'd like to get a draft of some sort going, so whichever has more traction, I'll fire up tonight. 

How about the "best" draft with the RS 500 blacklisted?

Thanks for asking!  DS and CS are doing well.  I did gradual intros to existing meows, bringing them into the separate room one at a time, over the course of three days, and now today I'm letting them mix and mingle at their leisure.  
Someone wrote on The Scratching Post that there is a kitty cocktail party at your place tonight. Rumor has it that Candy has some ties to a Colombian catnip cartel. I don't believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure we need a family photo.  Kitty cuteness is a good thing.

I will.  Having a ####ty couple of days but will post when I'm in a better mood.  :)  

Someone wrote on The Scratching Post that there is a kitty cocktail party at your place tonight. Rumor has it that Candy has some ties to a Colombian catnip cartel. I don't believe it.

:lmao:  

Candy Says is currently hiding under a bed, so he's not going to be a good host right now.  Danny Says is cuddled up with me, though.

Users who are viewing this thread