What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Middle Aged Dummies!! Artists #1's have been posted!! (1 Viewer)

Tranche 1 of 3:

OK, this is phase one, where I tell you which songs made my initial new-to-me favorites cut. :) The idea here is to let people know that their work was appreciated! Phase two will be when I listen to all the playlists a couple of times and choose 1-3 top favorites from each artist.

To be clear, having more or fewer songs that made my list doesn't mean a ton, because these are only songs that were either new to me, not new but forgotten, or those I'd heard in a draft or countdown here but hadn't paid close attention to. So an artist like Elliott Smith, whose near-entire catalog is familiar to me, won't have a lot of selections. On each artist, I'll indicate on a 1-10 scale how familiar I was with their work prior to this exercise.

In order of the list in post #1:

Stevie Wonder (selected by @Uruk-Hai )
Prior familiarity: 9 of 10, one of my favorite artists
Number of new favorites: 2 - Someday at Christmas; Where Is Our Love Song

Foo Fighters (selected by @Just Win Baby )
Prior familiarity: 3 of 10, knew some hits and a few others from countdowns/drafts here
Number of new favorites: 13 - Aurora; Stranger Things Have Happened; What If I Do?; Walk; Skin and Bones; This is a Call; Stacked Actors; Another Round; My Hero; Outside; Friend of a Friend; Halo; Breakout

Todd Rundgren (selected by @New Binky the Doormat )
Prior familiarity: 3 of 10, had heard a few in the wild and a few more in countdowns/drafts here
Number of new favorites: 10 - Be Nice to Me; Hideaway; Black Maria; Dust in the Wind; A Dream Goes on Forever; Couldn't I just Tell You; Sometimes I Don't Know What To Feel; Izzat Love?; Bread; It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference

Big Thief (selected by @Ilov80s )
Prior familiarity: 2 of 10, had heard some in countdowns/drafts here
Number of new favorites: 9 - Blurred View; Paul; Forgotten Eyes; Vegas; Change; Mary; Certainty; Mythological Beauty; Black Diamonds

Modest Mouse (selected by @The Dreaded Marco )
Prior familiarity: 5 of 10, owned a couple of their records years ago, saw them in concert once, but haven't kept up much
Number of new favorites: 9 - Never Ending Math Equation; Gravity Rides Everything; Whenever You Breathe Out, I Breathe In; Polar Opposites; Bankrupt on Selliing; Blame It on the Tetons; The Stars Are Projectors; Lives; Night on the Sun

Jorge Ben Jor (selected by @Don Quixote )
Number of new favorites: 13 - Meus Filhos, Meu Tesouro; O Telefone Tocou Novamente; Eu Vou Torcer; Rita Jeep; Carolina, Carol Bela; Oba, La Vem Ela; Xica Da Silva; Minha Teimosia, Uma Arma Pra Te Conquistar; A Band do Ze Pretinho; Zumbi; Os Alquimistas Estao Chegando Os Alquimistas; Ponta De Lanca Africano; Errare Humanum Est

Warren Zevon (selected by @worrierking )
Prior familiarity: 4 of 10, knew a few hits and had heard a lot in countdowns/drafts here - ALERT!!! Zevon was an artist I thought could be shut out on new favorites
Number of new favorites: 7 - Carmelita; Reconsider Me; Don't Let Us Get Sick; The French Insider; Play It All Night Long; Ain't That Pretty At All; Poor Poor Pitiful Me

Rush (selected by @higgins )
Prior familiarity: 6 of 10, knew the hits and some deeper ones from their popularity when I was growing up, had heard more in countdowns/drafts here
Number of new favorites: 2 - The Analog Kid; Cold Fire

Slade (selected by @Mrs. Rannous )
Prior familiarity: 3 of 10, knew a couple hits and a few from countdowns/drafts here - ALERT!!! Slade was an artist I thought could be shut out on new favorites
Number of new favorites: 6 - High and Dry; Keep Your Hands off my Power Supply; Don't Tame a Hurricane; (And Now the Waltz) C'est la Vie; Ready to Explode; Mad Dog Cole

AC/DC (selected by @falguy )
Prior familiarity: 7 of 10, a top band growing up but I didn't keep up entirely with them later, still knew almost all of these songs
Number of new favorites: 2 - That's the Way I Wanna Rock 'N' Roll; Shot Down in Flames

Ryan Adams (selected by @Dr. Octopus )
Prior familiarity: 5 of 10, similar to Modest Mouse I was an early fan for a while and saw him in concert, but I lost track of his squillion albums along the way. Hey look, while I was typing that sentence he released another one! I also stopped listening a little due to the creep factor.
Number of new favorites: 12 - Lucky Now; Oh My God, Whatever, Etc.; Bad Blood; When Will You Come Back Home; Follow the Lights; Hotel Chelsea Nights; English Girls Approximately; My Love for You Is Real; Everybody Knows; Anybody Wanna Take Me Home; 1974; I See Monsters

Clutch (selected by @Raging weasel )
Prior familiarity: 1 of 10, had heard of them and nothing more
SPECIAL SHOUT-OUT to Clutch for having the best song titles
Number of new favorites: 6 - Rising Sun; The Regulator; Ghost; Emily Dickinson; What Would a Wookie Do?; Promoter (of Earthbound Causes)

Genesis (selected by @Yo Mama )
Prior familiarity: 5 of 10, knew the hits and many of the minor songs, and knew some from countdowns/drafts here, but didn't know a lot of the Gabriel or proggy stuff
Number of new favorites: 9 - Behind the Lines; More Fool Me; Mad Man Moon; The Battle of Epping Forest; I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe); Entangled; Dancing with the Moonlit Knight; Dane on a Volcano; Watcher of the Skies

Stevie Ray Vaughan (selected by @Sullie )
Prior familiarity: 2 of 10, knew a few popular songs
Number of new favorites: 9 - The Things (That) I Used To Do; Stang's Swang; Long Way from Home; Life without You; Lenny; All Too Well; Texas Flood; Love Struck Baby; Mary Had a Little Lamb

Daft Punk (selected by @rockaction )
Prior familiarity: 2 of 10, knew a little from countdowns/drafts here
Number of new favorites: 7 - Veridis Quo; Face to Face; Aerodynamic; High Life; Too Long; Digital Love; Starboy

Last edited:
Prior familiarity: 3 of 10, knew a couple hits and a few from countdowns/drafts here - ALERT!!! Slade was an artist I thought could be shut out on new favorites
Number of new favorites: 6 - High and Dry; Keep Your Hands off my Power Supply; Don't Tame a Hurricane; (And Now the Waltz) C'est la Vie; Ready to Explode; Mad Dog Cole
Score! :clap: :clap: :clap:

...and I am seeing almost friend of the thread, Almost Queen, on Friday Night. I bought the ticket during the week when Live Nation releases $25 tickets with no fees - otherwise I would not have purchased - but I've heard they are fantastic.
I've seen them before - they are indeed very good and very faithful to the band. Even Freddie, which surprised me. Enjoy!

Score! :clap: :clap: :clap:
:Buttheadvoice:

Whoa- you scored with Krista!

Tranche 1 of 3:

Number of new favorites: 9 - Blurred View; Paul; Forgotten Eyes; Vegas; Change; Mary; Certainty; Mythological Beauty; Black Diamonds
Nice, that's a good score knowing that you are generally adverse to female singers

Tranche 1 of 3:

Nice, that's a good score knowing that you are generally adverse to female singers

offset by no saxophones

Tranche 2 of 3:

OK, this is phase one, where I tell you which songs made my initial new-to-me favorites cut. :) The idea here is to let people know that their work was appreciated! Phase two will be when I listen to all the playlists a couple of times and choose 1-3 top favorites from each artist.

To be clear, having more or fewer songs that made my list doesn't mean a ton, because these are only songs that were either new to me, not new but forgotten, or those I'd heard in a draft or countdown here but hadn't paid close attention to. So an artist like Elliott Smith, whose near-entire catalog is familiar to me, won't have a lot of selections. On each artist, I'll indicate on a 1-10 scale how familiar I was with their work prior to this exercise.

Chicago (selected by @Pip's Invitation )
Prior familiarity: 4 of 10, knew a lot more songs than I'd realized, and they were huge when I was a kid, but hadn't had a deep dive
Number of new favorites: 9 - Hideaway; What Else Can I Say; What's This World Comin' To; Oh, Thank You Great Spirit; Dialogue; Loneliness is Just a Word; Listen: Sing a Mean Tune Kid; In the Country

Doves (selected by @landrys hat )
Prior familiarity: 4 of 10, absolutely enamored with them for a period of the early aughts, but lost track of them within a few years
Number of new favorites: 12 - Carousels; Prisoners; Sea Song; Walk in Fire; 10:03; Winter Hill; Eleven Miles Out; Here It Comes; Black and White Town; The Man Who Told Everything; Kingdom of Rust; Pounding

Ray Charles (selected by @simey )
Prior familiarity: 6 of 10, know a lot as he's a favorite of some people close to me, but I'd always thought I should listen a lot lot more
Number of new favorites: 5 - A Song for You; Come Rain or Come Shine; Every Saturday Night; Sinner's Prayer; Crying Time

Sigur Ros (selected by @Scoresman )
Number of new favorites: 13 - Inni mer syngur vitleysingur; Isjaki; Untitled #4; Olsen olsen; Festival; Svefn-g-englar; Gobbledigook; Straralfur; Vio spilum endalaust; Viorar vel til loftarasa; Ny batteri; Meo suo i eyrum; Untitled #1

ELO (selected by @jwb )
Prior familiarity: 7 of 10, I didn't realize quite how familiar I was until the list came out. They were a staple of my formative years. My new favorites include a couple that I knew but had forgotten for years.
Number of new favorites: 6 - So Fine; Mr. Blue Sky; Waterfall; Shine a Little Love; Ma-Ma-Ma Belle; I'm Alive

Donald Fagen (selected by @Charlie Steiner )
Prior familiarity: 4 of 10, knew many hits and others from countdowns/drafts here ALERT!!! Fagen was an artist I thought could be shut out on new favorites
Number of new favorites: 5 - New Frontier; Midnite Cruiser; Turn That Heartbreak Over Again; Any World (That I'm Welcome To); Barrytown

Spoon (selected by @Hov34 )
Prior familiarity: 2 of 10, I've heard many songs on countdowns/drafts here and have a friend who is obsessed with them, but somehow I'd tuned them out for many years
Number of new favorites: 16 - Anything You Want; Do I Have to Talk You into It; No Bullets Spent; The Way We Get By; WhisperI'lllistentohearit; My Babe; Inside Out; My Mathematical Mind; Got Nuffin; The Underdog; Held; Can I Sit Next to You; Black Like Me; I Summon You; The Beast and Dragon, Adored; I Ain't the One

Green Day (selected by @MAC_32 )
Prior familiarity: 5 of 10, knew the hits and some deeper ones from their big years, owned a couple of their albums, had heard more in countdowns/drafts here
Number of new favorites: 14 - King for a Day/Shout; Peacemaker; Macy's Day Parade; The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine; Viva La Gloria; Fiddler's Green; Restless Heart Syndrome; Panic Song; Green Fields; Brain Stew; Holiday; Homecoming; Hitchin' a Ride; Going to Pasalacqua

The Decemberists (selected by @kupcho1 )
Prior familiarity: 3 of 10, had a couple of their early albums, had heard many songs on countdowns/drafts here and have a friend who's toured with them for years, but somehow had mostly tuned them out
Number of new favorites: 15 - Sunshine; Midlist Author; We All Die Young; Make You Better; Don't Carry It All; Song for Myla Goldberg; June Hymn; The Rake's Song; Valerie Plame; Apology Song; Grace Cathedral Hill; Angel, Won't You Call Me?; Los Angeles, I'm Yours; Calamity Song; 16 Military Wives

deadmau5 (selected by @zazale )
Prior familiarity: 1 of 10, had never heard of him
Number of new favorites: 5 - Brazil; The Veldt; Pets; Phantoms Can't Hang; My Pet Coelacanth

Bruce Springsteen (selected by @DrIanMalcolm )
Prior familiarity: 6 of 10, obviously knew a squillion Bruce songs but hadn't ever done a deep dive
Number of new favorites: 6 - Burnin' Train; State Trooper; Backstreets; Something in the Night; Stolen Car; Two Hearts

Simon and Garfunkel (selected by @zamboni )
Prior familiarity: 7 of 10, sorta like Bruce, knew a squillion songs but never a deep dive
Number of new favorites: 4 - Bleecker Street; The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine; Patterns; April Come She Will

Dinosaur Jr. (selected by @KarmaPolice )
Prior familiarity: 3 of 10, owned a couple of albums along the way (new favorites include a couple of songs I'd forgotten from those albums), had heard more in countdown/drafts here
Number of new favorites: 14 - Garden; Forget the Swan; Mind Glow; Plans; Never Bought It; Pond Song; Start Choppin'; Ocean in the Way; Pieces; Almost Ready; On the Brink; Watch the Corners; Not You Again; Crumble

Damon Albarn (selected by @Eephus )
Prior familiarity: 2 of 10, had heard a few on countdowns/drafts here
Number of new favorites: 18 - [blows out] Go Back; There's No Other Way; Under the Westway; Charmless Man; Beetlebum; Young and Lovely; The Universal; Badhead; Popscene; Out of Time; For Tomorrow; Hong Kong; El Manan; On Melancholy Hill; Feel Good Inc.; Clint Eastwood; Green Fields; The Poison Tree;

Frank Black (selected by @Mister CIA )
Prior familiarity: 1 of 10, no familiarity with his solo work
Number of new favorites: 14 - Stars; Valentine and Garuda; End of Miles; Selkie Bride; Jane the Queen of Love; Headache; Chip Away Boy; Calistan; Bullet; Bad News; 21 Reasons; I'm Going Down; I Will Run after You; I Burn Today

Prior familiarity: 6 of 10, know a lot as he's a favorite of some people close to me, but I'd always thought I should listen a lot lot more
Number of new favorites: 5 - A Song for You; Come Rain or Come Shine; Every Saturday Night; Sinner's Prayer; Crying Time
Thanks for listening to Brother Ray's playlist! ✌️😎

Thanks for listening to Brother Ray's playlist! ✌️😎

I was so happy to hear some new-to-me songs. He's someone I should have known more of despite knowing quite a bit. Thank you for selecting him!

Sigur Ros (selected by @Scoresman )
Number of new favorites: 13 - Inni mer syngur vitleysingur; Isjaki; Untitled #4; Olsen olsen; Festival; Svefn-g-englar; Gobbledigook; Straralfur; Vio spilum endalaust; Viorar vel til loftarasa; Ny batteri; Meo suo i eyrum; Untitled #1

Awesome. I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. I’m glad they got at least one new fan from this.

OMFG, I just accidentally deleted the entire first page of my "conversations" here. I'm really good at deleting old ones, so this means I lost a ton of active conversations that I want back. I'm messaging a few people with whom I had recent conversations, but not all of you because it won't allow me to start a new one for three minutes at a time, and who has that kind of time?!

If you have a recent-ish convo with me, could you please send me a message in that convo? I think because I had "accept future messages" checked (I was only trying to delete a few conversations), that maybe that would give me access back to all the messages?

@simey @otb_lifer @Pip's Invitation @Don Quixote @Uruk-Hai @The Dreaded Marco and probably others. :cry:

OMFG, I just accidentally deleted the entire first page of my "conversations" here. I'm really good at deleting old ones, so this means I lost a ton of active conversations that I want back. I'm messaging a few people with whom I had recent conversations, but not all of you because it won't allow me to start a new one for three minutes at a time, and who has that kind of time?!

If you have a recent-ish convo with me, could you please send me a message in that convo? I think because I had "accept future messages" checked (I was only trying to delete a few conversations), that maybe that would give me access back to all the messages?

@simey @otb_lifer @Pip's Invitation @Don Quixote @Uruk-Hai @The Dreaded Marco and probably others. :cry:

@falguy too

I feel like I’m missing out. I’ve picked a better artist for round 2?…
...and you will know us was after Spoon on the spreadsheet. I got to yours I just am behind on my writeups by about 10 artists. My listening >>>>>> my time and motivation to post currently.

Last edited:
...and you will know us was after Spoon on the spreadsheet. I got to yours I just am behind on my writeups by about 10 artists. My listening >>>>>> my time and motivation to post currently.
Don’t worry about that, I am not looking for any validation, just was kidding around a little. I actually got more positive reception throughout than I expected to, with a band like this. Super fun all around … and besides, I’ve barely cracked the full playlists since I’ve been on the road myself, so I certainly can’t complain. My 31 Tanya tracks are pretty much ready to drop though :bag: :selfinvolved:

Tranche 3 of 3:

The Hold Steady (selected by @scorchy )
Prior familiarity: 2 of 10, had heard some from countdowns/drafts here but never paid much attention
Number of new favorites: 13 - Hornets! Hornets!; Spices; The Sweet Part of the City; Blackout Sam; Carlos is Crying; Stevie Nix; Banging Camp; Lord, I'm Discouraged; Slapped Actress; Stay Positive; Stuck Between Stations; Grand Junction; Sequestered in Memphis

Heart (selected by @Doug B )
Prior familiarity: 6 of 10, knew a lot of hits and some from countdowns/drafts here, but never did a deep dive
Number of new favorites: 3 - Oldest Story in the World; Little Queen; Love Alive

Phish (selected by @shuke )
Prior familiarity: 5 of 10, had heard a lot in countdowns/drafts here but no independent listens
Number of new favorites: 8 - Wading in the Velvet Sea; Billy Breathes; Sand; 46 Days; Maze; The Squirming Coil; Chalkdust Torture; Fee

Taylor Swift (selected by @Jpalmer )
Prior familiarity: 1 of 10, obviously I knew who she was, but I couldn't have named any of her songs - ALERT!!! Swift was an artist I thought could be shut out on new favorites
Number of new favorites: 6 - exile; my tears ricochet; All Too Well; Vigilante ****; cowboy like me; The Last Time

Elton John (selected by @timschochet )
Prior familiarity: 8 of 10, had listened to a lot of Elton in my life, but he has such a long career that there's probably a lot I've missed
Number of new favorites: 1 - My Father's Gun

... (selected by @plinko )
Prior familiarity: 2 of 10, had heard some years ago and also in countdowns/drafts here but hadn't paid much attention
Number of new favorites: 16 - Opera Obscura; Insatiable (Two); The Doomsday Book; Pictures of an Only Child; Wasted State of Mind; Relative Ways; The Rest Will Follow; Awestruck; The Summer of '91; Life; Let It Dive; Isis Unveiled; Inland Sea; Another Morning Stoner; Mistakes and Regrets; The Goldheart Mountaintop Queen Directory

The Stranglers (selected by @John Maddens Lunchbox )
Prior familiarity: 3 of 10, had heard them here or there over the years but hadn't dug deep
Number of new favorites: 12 - Walk on By; Duchess; Sometimes; No Mercy; Strange Little Girl; Hanging Around; London Lady; Skin Deep; (Get a) Grip (on Yourself); Peaches; Golden Brown; 96 Tears

The Kinks (selected by @Galileo )
Prior familiarity: 8 of 10, one of my favorite artists, though I'll admit there are a few albums I've mostly avoided
Number of new favorites: 4 - Alcohol; Have Another Drink; Tired of Waiting for You; Here Comes Yet Another Day

The Tragically Hip (selected by @Northern Voice )
Prior familiarity: 2 of 10, had heard some from countdowns/drafts here but never paid much attention (other than Bobcaygeon :wub: )
Number of new favorites: 12 - My Music at Work; So Hard Done By; Fiddler's Green; Scared; Fireworks; In a World Possessed by the Human Mind; Courage (for Hugh MacLennan); Nautical Disaster; The Dark Canuck; Wheat Kings; Gift Shop; Ahead by a Century

Bauhaus (selected by @otb_lifer )
Prior familiarity: 3 of 10, OH is a big fan so I'd heard a lot but hadn't paid a ton of attention independently and could only name a few
Number of new favorites: 11 - All We Ever Wanted Was Everything; Dancing; Of Lilies and Remains; Crowds; Kick in the Eye; Hollow Hills; Third Uncle; Lagartija Nick; Stigmata Martyr; Dive; Who Killed Mr. Moonlight

The Police (selected by @Zegras11 )
Prior familiarity: 8 of 10, one of my brother's favorite artists ever and huge huge huge when I was growing up
Number of new favorites: 0 - OK, I didn't realize I had an artist with no new "likes," but this is only because I actually knew every song on this playlist. It did remind me of some of the songs I really liked and had forgotten, and there were a couple of great live versions, so I still loved listening!

Alicen in Chains (selected by @Mt. Man )
Prior familiarity: 4 of 10, didn't remember how many of their songs I knew until the countdown!
Number of new favorites: 10 - Low Ceiling; Grind; The Killer Is Me; When the Sun Rose Again; Sea of Sorrow; Over Now; Heaven Beside You; Nutshell; Again; Black Gives Way to Blue

Queen (selected by @snellman )
Prior familiarity: 7 of 10, of course knew the hits, but until recent drafts/countdowns, particular the Worldwide MAD countdown, this would have been lower, but I was introduced to many great Queen songs in those
Number of new favorites: 3 - Breakthru; One Vision; I Want to Break Free (which I knew but somehow didn't realize was Queen)

Brandi Carlile (selected by @JB Breakfast Club )
Prior familiarity: 1 of 10, had heard of her but knew nothing more
Number of new favorites: 11 - The Things I Regret; Follow; Looking Out; Right on Time; The Eye; Pride and Joy; Party of One; The Story; Hold Out Your Hand; Dying Day; Turpentine

The Prodigy (selected by @titusbramble )
Prior familiarity: 1 of 10, had heard of them but knew nothing more
Number of new favorites: 5 - Shut 'Em Up; 3 Kilos; Firestarter; Breathe; Voodoo People

Elliott Smith (selected by @tuffnutt )
Prior familiarity: 9 of 10, one of my favorite artists but had forgotten the following songs
Number of new favorites: 3 - Happiness/The Gondola Man; See You Later; First Timer

Don’t worry about that, I am not looking for any validation, just was kidding around a little. I actually got more positive reception throughout than I expected to, with a band like this. Super fun all around … and besides, I’ve barely cracked the full playlists since I’ve been on the road myself, so I certainly can’t complain. My 31 Tanya tracks are pretty much ready to drop though :bag: :selfinvolved:

You should be happy with my post above. :)

Frank Black (selected by @Mister CIA )
Prior familiarity: 1 of 10, no familiarity with his solo work
Number of new favorites: 14 - Stars; Valentine and Garuda; End of Miles; Selkie Bride; Jane the Queen of Love; Headache; Chip Away Boy; Calistan; Bullet; Bad News; 21 Reasons; I'm Going Down; I Will Run after You; I Burn Today
Reaction

Prior familiarity: 8 of 10, one of my favorite artists, though I'll admit there are a few albums I've mostly avoided
Number of new favorites: 4 - Alcohol; Have Another Drink; Tired of Waiting for You; Here Comes Yet Another Day
Wait, what? How do the bolded go together? In other words, how do you become a huge Kinks fan and not know Tired of Waiting for You?

Wait, what? How do the bolded go together? In other words, how do you become a huge Kinks fan and not know Tired of Waiting for You?

I explained in each of my prefaces that sometimes I put a song on "new favorites" if I knew the song but had forgotten about it for a while.

@plinko's band was another (broken record alert!) band that I remember loving an album or two but didn't explore. I know and love Source Tags and I have listened to that a lot, so all those songs were great. I love the diversity of the group, which I wasn't expecting, but that also means that some things are bound to not connect as much as others. I connected more with the harder sound, probably because it was a natural fit for a Source Tags fan. I think most of my top songs came from Lost Songs, so I added that to the listen pile. Opera Obscura caught my ear right away with your playlist, and Open Doors is awesome as well. I didn't dislike anything, but the proggier stuff might need a little more time to settle in for me. Thanks for the music!

@Zegras11 - I think your playlist was the one I knew all the songs from. It was a great reminder to listen to more Police, though. 0 clue why I don't listen more just for Copeland, but that needs to change. Zenyatta Mondatta is my favorite or 2nd favorite of theirs, so I was happy to see a heavy dose of songs from that album. That is the one that spun for your artist, and it was a fantastic revisit, so thanks for giving me a reason to do so. Remember for part 2 - do group #3. ;)

@JB Breakfast Club might have made the biggest gain of the entire exercise. Honestly, I was quite unexcited for this entry after we started off with Christmas and country. :lol: All the songs didn't hit with me, but these playlists that push me are some of my favorites to tackle as well. I loved A Beautiful Noise, and that instantly snapped me back into keeping that open mind. The Things I Regret turned into one of my favorite songs of the whole adventure. I actually liked all the songs from The Firewatcher's Daughter, so I wrote that down for my further listening. I might follow that with listening to The Story, because I really dug The Story and My Song as well. Great talent and voice - thanks for the introduction to her.

@simey 's list was another favorite. I knew and loved the hits, but top to bottom I liked everything and looked forward to Ray in the playlist 3x a week. You also gave me one of my favorite music moments of the draft as the kid and talked about what the songs on the playlist "felt" like. (her take was a mystery was being solved, which was right as you said). Every Saturday Night, I Don't Need No Doctor, Busted, and Hardhearted Hannah were the favorites of the playlist at the KP house. Pretty sure the 8yr old added a couple songs as well. Thanks for the Ray!

I wasn't sure how I was going to tackle Genesis and S&G, so I skipped ahead to a little Stevie. @Uruk-Hai , I didn't listen to the playlist (probably out of fear of We Are the World ;) ), but loved the new to me songs. The real reason I didn't do the playlist is because of these adventures I've realized that I need to listen to all of his stuff, so he is on the list to tackle all the albums for soon. I am reading a music autobiography and the person mentions Stevie a lot, and specifically Music of My Mind - so that is what I listened to for my post-31s Stevie. I must've played Love Having You Around 5x before moving on. Damn, did I love that tune. Good choice from the album by you - Superwoman was great, and and was one of the new-to-mes from the playlist. But holy ****, Keep On Running was my jam. I must've listened to that 10x before finally getting to Evil. Thanks for the playlist and putting a huge smile on my face with some Stevie.

Oh **** - it's officially on in the KP house, this has gotten me engaged with the older kid now too. He was recently wearing an Outkast shirt and I busted his balls a bit because I've never heard him play them or much I know or listen to besides Kanye and Kendrick. I don't know a ton of Kanye either, so I challenged him to this: make a 31 of Kanye, Outkast, and any artist of your choosing. I will do the same and we listen to each other's playlists. Surprisingly - challenge accepted! :gang1:

@simey 's list was another favorite. I knew and loved the hits, but top to bottom I liked everything and looked forward to Ray in the playlist 3x a week. You also gave me one of my favorite music moments of the draft as the kid and I talked about what the songs on the playlist "felt" like. (her take was a mystery was being solved, which was right as you said). Every Saturday Night, I Don't Need No Doctor, Busted, and Hardhearted Hannah were the favorites of the playlist at the KP house. Pretty sure the 8yr old added a couple songs as well. Thanks for the Ray!
Thanks for listening to Ray, KP! I remember you talking about your daughter commenting on Every Saturday Night, and I remember you saying that she put my #18 song (Hit the Road Jack) on her playlist. That made me smile, and for me made this whole thing worthwhile. I remember the songs I listened to when I was 8, and to know that your kid digs some Ray means his music is going to live on in the younger generation. The torch has been passed to KP Kid. :hifive:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread