What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Middle Aged Dummies!! Artists #1's have been posted!! (4 Viewers)

Modest Mouse was a band I was familiar with, but didn't think I liked much. I even saw them a couple years ago with the wife. I seemed to think the concert was OK, and I think I figured out the reason why - I was probably a tad too late to the game on them. What I mean by that is I ended up liking @The Dreaded Marco's list more than I was expecting, but I also noticed that there were 0 songs from the 2021 album on it. I gave that a spin and I think that's the reason I was a tad meh when I saw them - I didn't click with that one much, and it was 6 of the 20 songs they did at the show. However, another album I hadn't listened to start to finish was Building Nothing Out of Something. That one I really liked, and fit more with the sound of theirs I like and associate with them. 0 songs from that album at the show, so I think maybe mystery officially solved why I wasn't overly excited about the concert and thought it was 1/2 great. On that album listen, I seemed to gravitate to the new-to-me trio of A Life of Arctic Sounds/Sleep Walkin'/Grey Ice Water. Bolded one of my faves on the album. Your #1 was a also a great new-to-me addition. Thanks, Marco.
They're pretty hit or miss live all around, even beyond what state Isaac Brock may or may not be in (he does a lot fewer drugs these days but he still drinks a ton...)

I’m 4 albums into my hopeful round 2 band and already have close to 50 songs flagged for ranking - and I have 5 albums to go (granted the first 4 are my favorite).

In for round two and have a band in mind
I've changed the band three times since I posted this.
this where I'm at... cant decide if I want to go with a popular artist who everyone will know most of catalog or a more obscure artist who no one will like or listen to. decisions...
I feel like no one else is going to do the one band I'm considering, so I could probably wait on them and do one that there may be competition for - assuming these keep going beyond this next round.

In for round two and have a band in mind
I've changed the band three times since I posted this.
this where I'm at... cant decide if I want to go with a popular artist who everyone will know most of catalog or a more obscure artist who no one will like or listen to. decisions...
One way to decide is how some did it last time - wait for others to declare what they chose and pick yours near the end. That way if the others are diving deeper, you could do the more popular one, or vice versa.

ETA: or lean to the one after people declare that is in the genre that's represented less of the two choices? :shrug:

I’m 4 albums into my hopeful round 2 band and already have close to 50 songs flagged for ranking - and I have 5 albums to go (granted the first 4 are my favorite).
How many songs are on these albums :oldunsure:
I'm going to guess 13, 15, 20 and 20.
Correctamundo!
Lots, and they’re all special in their own way. The 50 also includes some for sure choices from the later 5 albums.
Phil has a message for them.
Two worlds collide!

I started the Doves playlist after pip and RW talked about it. Got 9 songs in on my dog walk. Really fantastic stuff. I remember always liking them when drafted in past drafts but don’t remember tunes jumping out on me during this thread - but liked some - maybe it was just playlist placement or what I was doing when listening.

They have such a robust sound. Liked “Snowden” the best so far. Amazing sound on that one.
Finished up - really like these guys and will listen again.

So many people are starting on round 2, should we somehow make sure there aren't two people working on the same artist?

So many people are starting on round 2, should we somehow make sure there aren't two people working on the same artist?
I’m not going too deep yet or doing any real ranking in case someone else wants them, I’m just flagging the songs I like best
I'll go cage match here. I'm twelve albums in.

:lmao:

I think your ZZ TOP is safe
Sure thing, toots.

Currently listening to the Clutch playlist and loving it...even better than I realized listening to the individual entries along the way. Anyway, Nero's Fiddle was playing when Mrs. Galilei walks in and says "what is that you are listening to? Your taste in music really sucks lately." :lol: I guess she is not a fan.

@Raging weasel
Thanks for listening! Had you heard or heard of Clutch previously?
My wife hates Clutch too 😔
No, they were new to me. I have lived my life under a rock. :bag: I love that hard bluesy rock sound, and the lead singer's (is that Neil Fallon?) voice compliments the music style so well.

Currently listening to the Clutch playlist and loving it...even better than I realized listening to the individual entries along the way. Anyway, Nero's Fiddle was playing when Mrs. Galilei walks in and says "what is that you are listening to? Your taste in music really sucks lately." :lol: I guess she is not a fan.

@Raging weasel
No, they were new to me. I have lived my life under a rock. :bag: I love that hard bluesy rock sound, and the lead singer's (is that Neil Fallon?) voice compliments the music style so well.
Yeah, love Neil's voice!
In your defense,Clutch gets zero airplay that I know of here. Probably half the drafters here only know/heard Clutch because I've been drafting them for the past 7-8 years.
Other than leaving off Celluloid Heroes and Dedicated Follower of Fashion I really liked your list too. Added 4-5 new to me

I thought I needed to update a spreadsheet with my playlist, but looking at the OP, I see it's already there. Is there another doc I should be updating?

For those who like instant gratification, here you go:

@Raging weasel
Yeah, love Neil's voice!
In your defense,Clutch gets zero airplay that I know of here. Probably half the drafters here only know/heard Clutch because I've been drafting them for the past 7-8 years.
Other than leaving off Celluloid Heroes and Dedicated Follower of Fashion I really liked your list too. Added 4-5 new to me
I only knew of Clutch because a lot of people from the Ween scene like them.

With the benefit of elite-level hindsight, here are songs that probably should have cracked my top-31.

@Raging weasel
Yeah, love Neil's voice!
They are on my expanded list/playlist at #32 and #59, respectively

I'm going to guess 13, 15, 20 and 20.
Correctamundo!
Lots, and they’re all special in their own way. The 50 also includes some for sure choices from the later 5 albums.
Phil has a message for them.
Two worlds collide!
:excited:

I thought I needed to update a spreadsheet with my playlist, but looking at the OP, I see it's already there. Is there another doc I should be updating?
Did you make a Spotify playlist of your 31 songs? I haven't seen it. I can't remember if you do Spotify. Anyway, since I didn't see a Spotify list of yours I made one for myself (including your bonus tracks). If you want me to post it on the Spotify playlist spreadsheet let me know. @zamboni I made myself a playlist of your 31 Simon and Garfunkel songs too, and if you want me to put it on the Spotify spreadsheet let me know.

Last edited:
Did you make a Spotify playlist of your 31 songs? I haven't seen it. I can't remember if you do Spotify. Anyway, since I didn't see a Spotify list of yours I made one for myself (including your bonus tracks). If you want me to post it on the Spotify playlist speadsheet let me know. @zamboni I made myself a playlist of your 31 Simon and Garfunkel songs too, and if you want me to put it on the Spotify spreadsheet let me know.
That would be great - thanks. (y)

14 songs into the Damon Albarn list. Really enjoying it a lot - and was cleaning my balcony windows/doors at the time.

I prefer the Blur songs to Gorillaz and otherwise so far, but have really liked everything I’ve heard.

The Universal has been my favorite overall and Stylo my favorite non-Blur so far.

Last edited:
Did you make a Spotify playlist of your 31 songs? I haven't seen it. I can't remember if you do Spotify. Anyway, since I didn't see a Spotify list of yours I made one for myself (including your bonus tracks). If you want me to post it on the Spotify playlist spreadsheet let me know. @zamboni I made myself a playlist of your 31 Simon and Garfunkel songs too, and if you want me to put it on the Spotify spreadsheet let me know.
Yes, I am not Spotified. That would be wonderful if you post my list in the spreadsheet. Thank you!

Hi guys, I've been buried all week with work and stuff.

If one or more of you has time today to create the spotify lists for those not listed on the spreadsheet, that would be awesome.

I’m not going too deep yet or doing any real ranking in case someone else wants them, I’m just flagging the songs I like best
I would Jump at the chance. The speed I will display in picking the sisters is Automatic.
Loser does the Andrews Sisters instead.

I would Jump at the chance. The speed I will display in picking the sisters is Automatic.
Reported

yes!

1. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
2-31. ??????????????????
Playlist: Profit!

1. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
2-31. ??????????????????
Playlist: Profit!
Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha)
I wanna really, really, really wanna zigazig ah

3-31. ??????????????????

I had to laugh today, @New Binky the Doormat - I randomly was at Wal-Mart today in the electronics, and even there was a record of Todd's mug staring at me. :lol: I don't think I'd ever seen the album until this draft, and then randomly sitting there at Wal-Mart.
I didn't realize Walmart still sold music
A lot of the big box stores do - and have been expanding their album offerings - with the ever increasing popularity of vinyl.

They definitely up charge though - I’ll always do the dumpster diving for my additions.

Users who are viewing this thread