What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (2 Viewers)

What are people's thoughts on Javonte Williams?

My RB corps is beyond bad right now, Jonathan Taylor and James White are my starters (my draft plan clearly has not panned out). 

Both Melvin & Javonte are getting touches but Melvin looks better.  Is Javonte worth anything more than a spec acquisition who probably won't start on fantasy rosters unless Melving gets hurt?

What are people's thoughts on Javonte Williams?

My RB corps is beyond bad right now, Jonathan Taylor and James White are my starters (my draft plan clearly has not panned out). 

Both Melvin & Javonte are getting touches but Melvin looks better.  Is Javonte worth anything more than a spec acquisition who probably won't start on fantasy rosters unless Melving gets hurt?
I don’t totally agree that Gordon looks better. He had one great run, and has been involved in the passing game more than Williams, but I think Williams has been running much better. That said, I am also suffering at RB2, and can’t seem to make a decision between Williams and Patterson. 

I don’t totally agree that Gordon looks better. He had one great run, and has been involved in the passing game more than Williams, but I think Williams has been running much better. That said, I am also suffering at RB2, and can’t seem to make a decision between Williams and Patterson. 
I'd wager my RB corps is as bad, or worse than yours.

I was debating trying to trade for Javonte in a 12 team, super-flex redraft, and I talked myself into it.  Offered Claypool.  We'll see.

I'd wager my RB corps is as bad, or worse than yours.

I was debating trying to trade for Javonte in a 12 team, super-flex redraft, and I talked myself into it.  Offered Claypool.  We'll see.
It’s just my RB2. Short bench league.

CMC

javonte

cordarelle

michel

Exactly. FML
Okay, you win. Now we can talk about your RB corps being worse than mine.

But seriously, you didn't need to go to such extremes to win an argument on the internet.

😉

Jonathan Taylor, Josh Jacobs, Trey Sermon, Zack Moss & James White.

Just offered Chase Claypool for Javonte Williams (12 team, 16 roster spot, super-flex redraft).

If you need QB help I would pick up Taysom before the saints get shut down again this week and they talk about making a change.

BobbyLayne said:
Yeah, Im with you on that. My main league team name has nothing to do with football or fantasy but fits me. Why name your redraft team after a player, you have to change it every year. And most of the pun names are lame.

This meme video inspired me to come up with a for a new to me league.

Over on the r/detroitlions the guys meme hard. What else ya gonna do when your team blows? Before week 1 the 49ers fans started dropping memes in our sub. We hit back, yada yada yada. Then one of the kids in the Lions sub made a two minute video based on Rabbit’s last rap battle in the movie Eight Mile. Watch it, bunch of hilarious lines. Everyone’s favorite line comes near the end.

it’s good you got Bosa 

cause BOSA DEEZ NUTS

Even the 49er fans had to give it up. 

Anyone, first and probably last time I make up a pun name. 
So good. I loved the shout-out to the old-time Lions-49ers rivalry. I'm too young to remember any of that, although I do remember the 1983 playoff game where Gary Danielson threw 5 INTs, someone -- I think it was Billy Sims -- dropped a sure TD pass, and the Lions were still in position to win until Eddie Murray missed a last-second FG.

So good. I loved the shout-out to the old-time Lions-49ers rivalry. I'm too young to remember any of that, although I do remember the 1983 playoff game where Gary Danielson threw 5 INTs, someone -- I think it was Billy Sims -- dropped a sure TD pass, and the Lions were still in position to win until Eddie Murray missed a last-second FG.
Monte Clark praying on the sidelines

we are all too young to remember 1957. The 49ers were playing in that old stadium - what’s it called, Kozar? - and they lead 27-3 at halftime. It was like the division championship or something, winner goes to the NFL championship game. The public address announcer made an announcement about purchasing Championship game tickets at the box office after the game. Which the Detroit Lions players heard. Detroit came back to win 31-27 and won their last NFL championship the next week.

Now this is interesting.  Although I see he only got two targets last week (typical for Cleveland) and fumbled one of them.  And he's listed as a RB on MFL, where my starters are fine, but my bench is dust (Ty Johnson, Damien Williams).  Something to think about...

Evan Silva mentioned Jake Funk as a stash.

He only played 3 snaps in week 2, but I guess Henderson's status is iffy(?) and Michel has not been a model of health himself.

Idk prolly no week 3 value for Funk but maybe down the road.  I tend to listen when Silva mentions someone.

@Maurile Tremblay has him ranked/projecting relatively high this week (above the likes of Javonte Williams, Slayton, MVS, etc as a flex) - any thoughts to add Maurile?

eta - source is my 5 second primer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t get that at all. 
Yeah, I just bumped a league dominator thread because I simply cannot understand some of the recommendations for my league. 

It has Taysom Hill, Jacoby Brisset & and someone named K.Hinton at QB ahead of my guys Josh Allen, Derek Carr & Justin Herbert

@Maurile Tremblay has him ranked/projecting relatively high this week (above the likes of Javonte Williams, Slayton, MVS, etc as a flex) - any thoughts to add Maurile?

eta - source is my 5 second primer.

I'm assuming Henderson is out and Michel will get most of the work, but will rotate with Funk.

If Henderson is active, never mind. Even if Henderson is inactive, Michel could be a true workhorse rather than sharing the load with Funk, but my best guess is that Michel hasn't really earned that status yet, and the Rams will use both backs...

What about Trey Ragas. We know barber is bad, they seem dead set on using Drake as a specific role. Could be worth a stash if you have the spot to see what happens and how long Jacobs ends up out.

Most people with 16 man rosters have some junk in roster spot 16.  I like to gamble on that roster spot and pick up a wild card each week - it was Gio yesterday - but now I got the Funk - cause why not

Let me know if any one has any wild card waivers to consider - I think MVS is one but a lot less funky.

Last edited by a moderator:
No IR spot and thinking seriously about Wilson this week. 

Would have to hold for what...a month?

At 3-0 thinking I could get away with it.
That sounds right. He's on PUP which I think means earliest he can be back is Week 7 (Oct. 31 vs Chicago).

I'm actually in an IR league where he's still out there. Only problem is I already have MThomas in one slot and have had Jacobs in the other for the past couple weeks. If Jacobs appears like he'll be healthy after this week I'll probably target Wilson.

Meanwhile in another (non-IR) league I drafted Jeudy and then dropped him after the injury. Would love to get him back, but two concerns are a) I potentially just lost AJ Brown, so not too deep at WR, and b) I think Jeudy's return is going to be really tricky. The injury looked bad, which doesn't make me optimistic about him hitting the earlier range of his return date, and with a HAS there's a good chance that even when he does come back he won't be useful for at least the first couple weeks.  He could really end up clogging up the roster for weeks before he's actually usable (and it may not happen at all).

That sounds right. He's on PUP which I think means earliest he can be back is Week 7 (Oct. 31 vs Chicago).

I'm actually in an IR league where he's still out there. Only problem is I already have MThomas in one slot and have had Jacobs in the other for the past couple weeks. If Jacobs appears like he'll be healthy after this week I'll probably target Wilson.

Meanwhile in another (non-IR) league I drafted Jeudy and then dropped him after the injury. Would love to get him back, but two concerns are a) I potentially just lost AJ Brown, so not too deep at WR, and b) I think Jeudy's return is going to be really tricky. The injury looked bad, which doesn't make me optimistic about him hitting the earlier range of his return date, and with a HAS there's a good chance that even when he does come back he won't be useful for at least the first couple weeks.  He could really end up clogging up the roster for weeks before he's actually usable (and it may not happen at all).

FWIW, I'm in a keeper league (only 3yrs), have 2 IR spots occupied by Michael Thomas & Dobbins (yeah, burning 1 spot on Dobbins all season) and I just added Wilson before tonight's game. 

I know i'm basically wasting a bench spot for at least 3 weeks, but the RB carrousel currently happening in SF makes me think Wilson could be a RB2 once he returns. 

Need to pick up a WR in case AJ Brown misses time. Thinking Renfro, even though it's non-PPR. Other possibilities are MVS, Cephus or Chester Rogers as the straight-up replacement. (If it turns out Julio is also hurt that could make Rogers even more attractive.)

Need to pick up a WR in case AJ Brown misses time. Thinking Renfro, even though it's non-PPR. Other possibilities are MVS, Cephus or Chester Rogers as the straight-up replacement. (If it turns out Julio is also hurt that could make Rogers even more attractive.)
1-8-0 yesterday on 1 target.

Kalif Raymond was targeted 10 times, 4 other WR had 1 target each. Raymond was 6th & 7th in targets the first two weeks.

Avoid Lions WRs.”

1-8-0 yesterday on 1 target.

Kalif Raymond was targeted 10 times, 4 other WR had 1 target each. Raymond was 6th & 7th in targets the first two weeks.

Avoid Lions WRs.”
Fair point. I feel like we've reached a point where there are two types of offenses: high-powered offenses where a couple guys a week are fantasy relevant, and low-powered ones where only one guy is worth starting. So, for example, the Cards have four receiving options. Most weeks, D-Hop will probably ball out and either Kirk or Moore will as well. But yesterday, it was Kirk and Green. Similar deal with Vikings: yesterday was a JJ/Thielen day and Osborn took a back seat.

Then there are the lower-powered offenses like the Lions, Broncos or (somewhat surprisingly) the Seahawks. Lockett dominated the first two weeks and then this week it was Metcalf's turn..

This heuristic won't be right every week, but it is a useful way to consider pickups.

Back to my situation: Won't make any decision until I know more about AJB's injury, but as of right now it's probably between MVS and Renfro

Fair point. I feel like we've reached a point where there are two types of offenses: high-powered offenses where a couple guys a week are fantasy relevant, and low-powered ones where only one guy is worth starting. So, for example, the Cards have four receiving options. Most weeks, D-Hop will probably ball out and either Kirk or Moore will as well. But yesterday, it was Kirk and Green. Similar deal with Vikings: yesterday was a JJ/Thielen day and Osborn took a back seat.

Then there are the lower-powered offenses like the Lions, Broncos or (somewhat surprisingly) the Seahawks. Lockett dominated the first two weeks and then this week it was Metcalf's turn..

This heuristic won't be right every week, but it is a useful way to consider pickups.

Back to my situation: Won't make any decision until I know more about AJB's injury, but as of right now it's probably between MVS and Renfro

Renfrow is who I am targeting this weel.  Their offense is clicking on all cylinders, and their defense is not great and they will have to keep throwing all season long.   Seems like this is finally the year to get him.  On pace for 90 receptions this year so far.  

Yeah, especially in PPR I think Renfrow has been solid (Raiders fan here for full disclosure), although I would guess in sharp leagues or leagues that aren't short rosters he should not be available

Emmanuel Sanders won’t blow up like he did yesterday very often but his market share has been consistent.

8-6-6 in targets. Probably not much more than bye week filler but solid pro, did well last year in some of the games Thomas missed.

Renfrow is who I am targeting this weel.  Their offense is clicking on all cylinders, and their defense is not great and they will have to keep throwing all season long.   Seems like this is finally the year to get him.  On pace for 90 receptions this year so far.  

Yeah, especially in PPR I think Renfrow has been solid (Raiders fan here for full disclosure), although I would guess in sharp leagues or leagues that aren't short rosters he should not be available

I was able to place Antonio Brown on IR and grab Renfrow for free off of waivers in a dynasty best ball on Saturday....felt like stealing after yesterday.  As long as opposing D's focus on Waller Renfrow should continue to be a ppr producer.

Pat Freiermuth scored his first TD yesterday. Trending upward, targets have been 1-4-5. Tough to depend on any rookie TE not named Pitts but worth a stash in deeper leagues. 8% owned.

Pat Freiermuth scored his first TD yesterday. Trending upward, targets have been 1-4-5. Tough to depend on any rookie TE not named Pitts but worth a stash in deeper leagues. 8% owned.

I noticed him in preseason and he has virtually no competition in front of him.  Not worth holding in a 1TE redraft, but dynasty for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread