What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Pittsburgh at Cleveland*** (-4.5) O/U 43 (1 Viewer)

Cleveland should trade OBJ, and one of their 73 TE's for another top WR.     OBJ is just not being used and no need for 73 TE's.     

hit him in both hands.      
Because he had to basically dive for a poorly thrown ball.  Defend Mayfield all you want, he is repeatedly coming up short at the end of these games this season when they are losing and they need a drive at the end to tie it or win it. 

Because he had to basically dive for a poorly thrown ball.  Defend Mayfield all you want, he is repeatedly coming up short at the end of these games this season when they are losing and they need a drive at the end to tie it or win it. 
This game was lost by everyone on the Browns NOT named Baker Mayfield.

Ok, you are correct I was just going with what Romo quoted as saying it should have been caught.   What does Romo know?   

Tomlin's bonehead decision cost the Steelers a field goal and 2 extra points. It shouldn't have been a  one score game at the end. I guess I should be happy the Steelers won, but that decision pisses me off.

Nice to see the Browns back to being the Browns though.

How tf can you call a fake FG in the 2nd quarter of a 3-3 game when you have no one on the active roster that can even handle a kickoff let alone a PAT? Ridiculous 

How tf can you call a fake FG in the 2nd quarter of a 3-3 game when you have no one on the active roster that can even handle a kickoff let alone a PAT? Ridiculous 

Hindsight is 20/20 but seriously what are the odds that a kicker gets hurt on a fake FG?  In the entire history of fake FGs, how many kickers have gotten hurt?  

Hindsight is 20/20 but seriously what are the odds that a kicker gets hurt on a fake FG?  In the entire history of fake FGs, how many kickers have gotten hurt?  
Yes, the odds are low to very low. But you have no contingency plan should anything happen to him and the gamble was not needed. Reckless call IMHO

Yes, the odds are low to very low. But you have no contingency plan should anything happen to him and the gamble was not needed. Reckless call IMHO
I disagree.  The play calling all year has lacked creativity to say the least.  I like that they changed it up.  The result stinks but I have no problem with the call (especially early on in a 3-3 game).

Tomlin's bonehead decision cost the Steelers a field goal and 2 extra points. It shouldn't have been a  one score game at the end. I guess I should be happy the Steelers won, but that decision pisses me off.

Nice to see the Browns back to being the Browns though.
Not necessarily.  Let's say the Steelers had kicked the FG instead doing the fake, and then kick the XP later with their still-healthy kicker, and then assume the game plays out the same way.  It is 13-10 Steelers and it is possible they kick that FG to go up 16-10 late instead of being down 9-10 and going for it on 4th cause they had no one they could trust to kick a FG. Maybe they go for it on 4th anyway, but we will never know. 

Not many.  My issue with the call is that it was 4th and 9.  4th and 2 or 3 maybe but By the time Boswell gets the ball he needs to complete a 15 yard pass, which is asking a lot for a kicker IMO

Guess not?  Looked like it on TV but the refs didn't throw the flag.   
The refs were wildly inconsistent in the game. It looked to me that Baker was hit as he was going out of bounds and then his momentum caused him to fall to the ground.

it didn’t look bad to me but do any of us really know what the official are going to call or not call anymore?

Godsbrother said:
Not many.  My issue with the call is that it was 4th and 9.  4th and 2 or 3 maybe but By the time Boswell gets the ball he needs to complete a 15 yard pass, which is asking a lot for a kicker IMO
Hey, at least it wasn't a direct snap to Gary Anderson this time, expecting him to turn into a "wascawwy wunning back" to pick up the first on, like, 4th and 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
fred_1_15301 said:
And it took an illegal hit to happen.

Acrobat7 said:
Probably shouldn't let him kick extra points either, then.  I'd be willing to bet more kickers get injured kicking than on fakes. Why gamble that he might get hurt trying to kick for one point and not be available later for a FG attempt?

Users who are viewing this thread