What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (20 Viewers)

Cooked a mean Talapia tonight. Brushed it with a mixture of melted butter and garlic, white whine, taragon, paprika and a heaping tabelspoon of Old Bay, then cooked it over charcoal for maybe 8 minutes. Fantastic. Turned out really nice.
Sounds nice. I always find Tilapia to be way too salty. I end up waking up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. I like a nice fresh slab of haddock with crabmeat stuffing. I have that once or twice a week.
Salty :) Tilapia is freshwater. Shouldn't really be salty. Not a fan of the fish myself. Tilapia was pushed heavily into the market a while back. I believe it comes from lakes and river in Africa. It's a type of perch. I've tried to cook it a few times and wasn't that pleased. Gimme some king salmon, halibut, or Chilean sea bass*.* Patagonia Toothfish
It was $3.99 a pound, which was about all I needed for all of us. It doesn't hold form very well on the grill, so you have to be real careful when you grill it. But it turned out fantastic last night.
Did you oil the grill? And make sure it's super hot before putting the fish on. I've used those bbq trays too.
Yeah, I oiled it and it was super hot, but Talapia doesn't hold form very well. Next time, I'll just use foil or a tray.

While I've always known this, it just kind of shocked me when I put it all together - hubby has had a gun pulled on him 3 times...by the cops.
BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL, FOX 35) - A man may want to pick up some roses to give to his wife; after she gets out of the hospital where she is recovering from a gunshot wound that is.The husband, 77 year old Arnold Morris, shot his wife 72 year old wife Patricia Sunday morning inside their Canaveral Groves home.According to Mr. Morris the couple, who have been married 54 years, were ‘role playing’, acting out how to react in a robbery. Mr. Morris was playing the role of victim, while Patricia was playing the robber. Mr. Morris pulled a handgun out and pointed it at his wife/’robber’.Unfortunately Mr. Morris, who insists he is very safety conscious, didn’t realize the gun was loaded. It somehow went off shooting his wife in the chest.Deputies said Patricia was talking to them as she was being prepared to be airlifted to the hospital and despite a gunshot wound to the chest she is expected to recover.Investigators said the couple’s story matched and they don’t expect to file any charges.
Am I the only one left wondering if the "accident" was that she lived?

Anyone used teh VBD app for an auction league? Entering my first auction this weekend, and I plugged in my stuff and something doesn't look right.

See link that is currently being ignored by FBG brass :confused:
Yeah, I've been using it for auction since 2003. It's fairly useful, but you definitely have to make adjustments.
any tips?
I make more columns in the sheet titled 'Cheat'. Instead of just the column showing $, it will also show Pts, and an Estimated $. The estimated amount is based on the league's previous spending.Then I'll estimate the number of players to be selected at each position (also based on previous seasons). Anyone not making that cut gets a $ value of 0. I do this so that the sums match the total amount of cash available.

I change the $ amounts, so that they make some logical sense. If a six point difference between two average starters is worth $2, it shouldn't be worth $20 at the top of the board. Tweaking this while also keeping an eye on the total $ and total per position gets things pretty close.

And just for grins I also change the ADP to an average auction value from ESPN or something.

I should probably start on this season sometime soon. Honestly I'm surprised they haven't improved this any over the past seven seasons. Most of this could already be done in the base excel file.

While I've always known this, it just kind of shocked me when I put it all together - hubby has had a gun pulled on him 3 times...by the cops.
BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL, FOX 35) - A man may want to pick up some roses to give to his wife; after she gets out of the hospital where she is recovering from a gunshot wound that is.The husband, 77 year old Arnold Morris, shot his wife 72 year old wife Patricia Sunday morning inside their Canaveral Groves home.According to Mr. Morris the couple, who have been married 54 years, were ‘role playing’, acting out how to react in a robbery. Mr. Morris was playing the role of victim, while Patricia was playing the robber. Mr. Morris pulled a handgun out and pointed it at his wife/’robber’.Unfortunately Mr. Morris, who insists he is very safety conscious, didn’t realize the gun was loaded. It somehow went off shooting his wife in the chest.Deputies said Patricia was talking to them as she was being prepared to be airlifted to the hospital and despite a gunshot wound to the chest she is expected to recover.Investigators said the couple’s story matched and they don’t expect to file any charges.
I was thinking the same thing.

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL, FOX 35) - A man may want to pick up some roses to give to his wife; after she gets out of the hospital where she is recovering from a gunshot wound that is.The husband, 77 year old Arnold Morris, shot his wife 72 year old wife Patricia Sunday morning inside their Canaveral Groves home.According to Mr. Morris the couple, who have been married 54 years, were 'role playing', acting out how to react in a robbery. Mr. Morris was playing the role of victim, while Patricia was playing the robber. Mr. Morris pulled a handgun out and pointed it at his wife/'robber'.Unfortunately Mr. Morris, who insists he is very safety conscious, didn't realize the gun was loaded. It somehow went off shooting his wife in the chest.Deputies said Patricia was talking to them as she was being prepared to be airlifted to the hospital and despite a gunshot wound to the chest she is expected to recover.Investigators said the couple's story matched and they don't expect to file any charges.
Here honey, put on this mask...

Anyone used teh VBD app for an auction league? Entering my first auction this weekend, and I plugged in my stuff and something doesn't look right.

See link that is currently being ignored by FBG brass :lmao:
Yeah, I've been using it for auction since 2003. It's fairly useful, but you definitely have to make adjustments.
any tips?
I make more columns in the sheet titled 'Cheat'. Instead of just the column showing $, it will also show Pts, and an Estimated $. The estimated amount is based on the league's previous spending.Then I'll estimate the number of players to be selected at each position (also based on previous seasons). Anyone not making that cut gets a $ value of 0. I do this so that the sums match the total amount of cash available.

I change the $ amounts, so that they make some logical sense. If a six point difference between two average starters is worth $2, it shouldn't be worth $20 at the top of the board. Tweaking this while also keeping an eye on the total $ and total per position gets things pretty close.

And just for grins I also change the ADP to an average auction value from ESPN or something.

I should probably start on this season sometime soon. Honestly I'm surprised they haven't improved this any over the past seven seasons. Most of this could already be done in the base excel file.
:goodposting:

The good news is that I got my refund to the rescheduled Slightly Stoopid show today.

The weird news is that a girl has joined my fantasy league that I do with the guys here at work. So happy that no one informed me of this fact and I didn't notice until today, all the while having my team name (Show Me Your TD's) and avatar (hottie doing naughty things to a football) from last season still in place.

I've never played in a league with a girl before. What adjustments to my strategy do I need to make?

The good news is that I got my refund to the rescheduled Slightly Stoopid show today.The weird news is that a girl has joined my fantasy league that I do with the guys here at work. So happy that no one informed me of this fact and I didn't notice until today, all the while having my team name (Show Me Your TD's) and avatar (hottie doing naughty things to a football) from last season still in place.I've never played in a league with a girl before. What adjustments to my strategy do I need to make?
Google Joe Namath + Suzy Kolber and take notes. THAT'S how you treat a woman.

The good news is that I got my refund to the rescheduled Slightly Stoopid show today.The weird news is that a girl has joined my fantasy league that I do with the guys here at work. So happy that no one informed me of this fact and I didn't notice until today, all the while having my team name (Show Me Your TD's) and avatar (hottie doing naughty things to a football) from last season still in place.I've never played in a league with a girl before. What adjustments to my strategy do I need to make?
Expect 1 or 2 automatic wins.We had a girl in our league for one year and we now have an * next to that year for any records that were set. Even though she came in saying she had played FF before, and watched football, she had no idea what she was doing in the draft. She took Jim Harbaugh and then said she drafted him because he was cute. She took several players 4-5 rounds before they should have been taken based on their name alone.

Thanks! Will try this and report back tomorrow.

We don't care if you pick your nose, scratch your balls, burp, fart, curse...we do it too, just look better doing it. Except the ball scratching.

Expect 1 or 2 automatic wins.We had a girl in our league for one year and we now have an * next to that year for any records that were set. Even though she came in saying she had played FF before, and watched football, she had no idea what she was doing in the draft. She took Jim Harbaugh and then said she drafted him because he was cute. She took several players 4-5 rounds before they should have been taken based on their name alone.
I played in a league with a bunch of gals last year. Draft was awful. I didn't play again this year.

Brandon Bochenski in the 14th was a good pick. So what if he makes me wet.

That's how all my success has been achieved, but it normally only works when she's hammered too.

We don't care if you pick your nose, scratch your balls, burp, fart, curse...we do it too, just look better doing it. Except the ball scratching.
From my experience, women talk to other women about the behavior of men. Since this is an all work league, I really don't want word to get around to the other ladies in the office that I'm a burping and farting nose picker. So I'm going to have to be somewhat conservative wrt my behavior.I think GM's advice is the hawk move here.

Toothache from hell since last night. Had some oxycodone left over from a torn miniscus that didn't allow me to get a wink of sleep. Been up 29.5 hours and still going. Need for concern?

Toothache from hell since last night. Had some oxycodone left over from a torn miniscus that didn't allow me to get a wink of sleep. Been up 29.5 hours and still going. Need for concern?
Nah, hillbilly heroin? Why worry?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still scratch our balls. We don't mind.

:lmao: I've got a script for Adderall. Doubled up today and feeling a little too good considering I haven't slept in forever. Even went on a sales call today. My charisma/charm were off the charts. Guess I should just soak it up.

:lmao: I've got a script for Adderall. Doubled up today and feeling a little too good considering I haven't slept in forever. Even went on a sales call today. My charisma/charm were off the charts. Guess I should just soak it up.
Why do I feel like you're Vinny Chase in this story?

:goodposting: I've got a script for Adderall. Doubled up today and feeling a little too good considering I haven't slept in forever. Even went on a sales call today. My charisma/charm were off the charts. Guess I should just soak it up.
Probably the same reason I do. I feel completely great, contentment if you will, but something buried inside is yelling "Clif, get control of yourself". :unsure:

:goodposting: I've got a script for Adderall. Doubled up today and feeling a little too good considering I haven't slept in forever. Even went on a sales call today. My charisma/charm were off the charts. Guess I should just soak it up.
Probably the same reason I do. I feel completely great, contentment if you will, but something buried inside is yelling "Clif, get control of yourself". :unsure:
I've had those days. Ecstacy was fun.

The good news is that I got my refund to the rescheduled Slightly Stoopid show today.

The weird news is that a girl has joined my fantasy league that I do with the guys here at work. So happy that no one informed me of this fact and I didn't notice until today, all the while having my team name (Show Me Your TD's) and avatar (hottie doing naughty things to a football) from last season still in place.

I've never played in a league with a girl before. What adjustments to my strategy do I need to make?
I played in a league with a bunch of gals last year. Draft was awful. I didn't play again this year.
On AVERAGE, they are terrible. Of course, there are some exceptions.

My wife was in one of my leagues for a few years. She was pretty average. She was smart enough to know there were people out there with more expertise. Before setting her line up she would check out 6 or 7 sites and then find an average ranking for her players. What killed her was she would abandoned her system some times and go with hunches. "Why did you bench Warner over McNabb?" "Warner didn't shave last week and his beard is coming in gray. And I lived in Philadelphia for 3 years."

One of my female coworkers is farting a lot this afternoon. They are short burst poots but accompanied by grunting. I wish I was deaf.

Cal was sent to the principal's office 5 out of a possible 7 days of school which has contributed to my bad mood and lack of posting lately. *sigh* I know I can trust you guys with this kind of information.

Well, I'm off to open house night at his school!!!

I think I averaged 6th out of 15 in the hockey leagues. I'm good with average. At least I wasn't terrible.

Cal was sent to the principal's office 5 out of a possible 7 days of school which has contributed to my bad mood and lack of posting lately. *sigh* I know I can trust you guys with this kind of information.Well, I'm off to open house night at his school!!!
Ouch. I've semi-been there.

Cal was sent to the principal's office 5 out of a possible 7 days of school which has contributed to my bad mood and lack of posting lately. *sigh* I know I can trust you guys with this kind of information.Well, I'm off to open house night at his school!!!
Ouch. I've semi-been there.
His teacher gave me a semi. :lmao:
We have that effect on people.
lolShe's a divorcee, mid 30's about 5'8 125 pounds I would guess. She actually gave a good spiel too. Most of the teachers were like "So yeah, we play kickball and stuff. Anybody have any questions? and Yeah, we do this computer program and stuff. Anybody got any questions?"

Tie Domi would be jealous.

A radio talk show guy was talking about this article today.

Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network posted a blog by Kimberly Daniels recently that warns Christians to forgo celebrating Halloween because of its evilness. Daniels specifically calls out candy as a source of soul-molestation:

"During this period demons are assigned against those who participate in the rituals and festivities. These demons are automatically drawn to the fetishes that open doors for them to come into the lives of human beings. For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches."

Obviously, we shouldn't be buying Halloween candy, but what about getting it by trick-or-treating?

"Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference."

Darn.
The radio guy was mocking it and then took some phone calls...where people actually believe this crap. One guy said he wouldn't dress his daughter up like a witch or a devil because she could get possessed. The RG said, what if I told you if you get the Bell Burritto from Taco Bell, would you avoid that Taco Bell too? The caller replied, "better safe than sorry." He took 4 calls in a row like this. I try to be tolerant of people's beliefs but this is really, really, messed up.ETA

One guy said he only that his kids could only get candy from their church's "trunk or treat" because it was blessed so it couldn't contain any demons.

Then I just read this comment about that whore that put the cat in the trash can:

"A split second of misjudgment . . . . got completely out of control . . . . "

This statement of hers completely supports my charge, neurologically speaking, that her "reptile brain" (brain remnant used by our saurian ancestors which can still influence our behavior if the frontal lobe is purposely ignored) overrode her frontal lobe -- and in turn, such a choice, theologically speaking, is nothing more than a willing choice of evil.

Behaviors of the reptile brain (rb) are the very behaviors that get people locked up in prison or even the death penalty. Those upon the next highest rung of human evolution beyond that of the rb are at the present level and view that lower level as evil and monstrous. Those animal behaviors/tendencies, former characteristics of our animal ancestors back to the days of the dinosaurs, are what theology terms "evil." Admonitions to abandon those characteristics are merely calls to abandon animalism. Point of Interest: The "mark of the beast", is nothing more than the reptile brain. The rb is, despite its evil ways, an important implement -- it is the physical source that urges us to keep ourselves alive -- seek water when thirsty, food when hungry, heat when too cold, flight or fight, etc. These are also the fortunate characteristics which we inherited from our saurian predecessors. Some things which the rb inspires us to do is invaluable, while others are atrocious. THIS is what Jesus referred to when he said, "give unto Caesar that [the maintenance of biological life] which belongs to Caesar, and to me that which is mine [the following level of spiritual evolution to come which is only had as a result of the cessation of the rb's desire for rotten behavior.]"

Seems that the name "Bale" from the word "Bel", in turn from "Baal" is a good surname for this woman, because Baal was an evil god that extolled all the rotten characteristics of the reptile brain. Moreover, worship of evil gods was/is a motivation of the rb.
Maybe I should smoke some weed and pleasure myself to some lesbian pron to even things out. I think that breaks like at least three church laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
A radio talk show guy was talking about this article today.

Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network posted a blog by Kimberly Daniels recently that warns Christians to forgo celebrating Halloween because of its evilness. Daniels specifically calls out candy as a source of soul-molestation:

"During this period demons are assigned against those who participate in the rituals and festivities. These demons are automatically drawn to the fetishes that open doors for them to come into the lives of human beings. For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches."

Obviously, we shouldn't be buying Halloween candy, but what about getting it by trick-or-treating?

"Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference."

Darn.
The radio guy was mocking it and then took some phone calls...where people actually believe this crap. One guy said he wouldn't dress his daughter up like a witch or a devil because she could get possessed. The RG said, what if I told you if you get the Bell Burritto from Taco Bell, would you avoid that Taco Bell too? The caller replied, "better safe than sorry." He took 4 calls in a row like this. I try to be tolerant of people's beliefs but this is really, really, messed up.ETA

One guy said he only that his kids could only get candy from their church's "trunk or treat" because it was blessed so it couldn't contain any demons.

Then I just read this comment about that whore that put the cat in the trash can:

"A split second of misjudgment . . . . got completely out of control . . . . "

This statement of hers completely supports my charge, neurologically speaking, that her "reptile brain" (brain remnant used by our saurian ancestors which can still influence our behavior if the frontal lobe is purposely ignored) overrode her frontal lobe -- and in turn, such a choice, theologically speaking, is nothing more than a willing choice of evil.

Behaviors of the reptile brain (rb) are the very behaviors that get people locked up in prison or even the death penalty. Those upon the next highest rung of human evolution beyond that of the rb are at the present level and view that lower level as evil and monstrous. Those animal behaviors/tendencies, former characteristics of our animal ancestors back to the days of the dinosaurs, are what theology terms "evil." Admonitions to abandon those characteristics are merely calls to abandon animalism. Point of Interest: The "mark of the beast", is nothing more than the reptile brain. The rb is, despite its evil ways, an important implement -- it is the physical source that urges us to keep ourselves alive -- seek water when thirsty, food when hungry, heat when too cold, flight or fight, etc. These are also the fortunate characteristics which we inherited from our saurian predecessors. Some things which the rb inspires us to do is invaluable, while others are atrocious. THIS is what Jesus referred to when he said, "give unto Caesar that [the maintenance of biological life] which belongs to Caesar, and to me that which is mine [the following level of spiritual evolution to come which is only had as a result of the cessation of the rb's desire for rotten behavior.]"

Seems that the name "Bale" from the word "Bel", in turn from "Baal" is a good surname for this woman, because Baal was an evil god that extolled all the rotten characteristics of the reptile brain. Moreover, worship of evil gods was/is a motivation of the rb.
Maybe I should smoke some weed and pleasure myself to some lesbian pron to even things out. I think that breaks like at least three church laws.
I really don't like people.

"A split second of misjudgment . . . . got completely out of control . . . . "This statement of hers completely supports my charge, neurologically speaking, that her "reptile brain" (brain remnant used by our saurian ancestors which can still influence our behavior if the frontal lobe is purposely ignored) overrode her frontal lobe -- and in turn, such a choice, theologically speaking, is nothing more than a willing choice of evil.Behaviors of the reptile brain (rb) are the very behaviors that get people locked up in prison or even the death penalty. Those upon the next highest rung of human evolution beyond that of the rb are at the present level and view that lower level as evil and monstrous. Those animal behaviors/tendencies, former characteristics of our animal ancestors back to the days of the dinosaurs, are what theology terms "evil." Admonitions to abandon those characteristics are merely calls to abandon animalism. Point of Interest: The "mark of the beast", is nothing more than the reptile brain. The rb is, despite its evil ways, an important implement -- it is the physical source that urges us to keep ourselves alive -- seek water when thirsty, food when hungry, heat when too cold, flight or fight, etc. These are also the fortunate characteristics which we inherited from our saurian predecessors. Some things which the rb inspires us to do is invaluable, while others are atrocious. THIS is what Jesus referred to when he said, "give unto Caesar that [the maintenance of biological life] which belongs to Caesar, and to me that which is mine [the following level of spiritual evolution to come which is only had as a result of the cessation of the rb's desire for rotten behavior.]"Seems that the name "Bale" from the word "Bel", in turn from "Baal" is a good surname for this woman, because Baal was an evil god that extolled all the rotten characteristics of the reptile brain. Moreover, worship of evil gods was/is a motivation of the rb.
If you can find lesbian pron that involves your neighbors you can cross off another church law.So we have evolved from dinosaurs and reptiles?? I thought it was apes, no wait, I thought man was created by god. Now I am confused.

Users who are viewing this thread