What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 2011 Rookie Scouting Portfolio Now Available (1 Viewer)

Just sent off the finished version of the 2011 RSP so we can get it set up for download - 859 pages of rookie goodness. We're still on track for April 1.

I also have an 89-page sample version that will be available for download for those of you who have never seen it.

The choice to ala carte is fine with me. However I think those who have prepaid subscriptions (3 yrs) or bought a subscription up to this announcement should be allowed access to the article. For the term of their subscription. IMO. Times are tough, and getting subscribers this year may be a challenge. Yet asking for more from your current constituents may be a mistake. Love this site been here a long time. Not going anywhere. But not planning on increasing my spending on the hobby either.
Yep, that's my point exactly. I just bought my first FBG subscrption last year (3 year subscription) thinking I would have access to the RSP. Bad move by FBG. I won't be renewing my subscription after this. I think FBG is gonna lose money doing this, makes no sense to me. I just lost my job recently and I can't afford to pay for the RSP, at the moment I have other more important things to think about like putting food on the table and now I can't even enjoy reading through the RSP for the first time. :thumbdown:

I cannot believe how many tight asses are here.$10 is more than reasonable to pay for a quality publication such as this & with the effort Matt puts in he is more than deserving

I cannot believe how many tight asses are here.$10 is more than reasonable to pay for a quality publication such as this & with the effort Matt puts in he is more than deserving
:thumbdown: Some people have to decide between paying $10 for a publication or paying for gas for vehicle, putting food on the table, or paying a bill because they are laid off or had their hours cut back. Just because $10 doesn't seem like a lot to you doesn't mean it's not a lot for someone else.

$10 seems like a very fair price to me. There has to be kids in Bagladesh making more per hour than the labor cost here. I understand times are tight for some people but c'mon if you really want it its realitively cheap

Anyone with info on the subscription price? I can't seem to find it. I mainly subscribe for the contest

No doubt for the info, $10 is a bargain price, but I won't be purchasing it. This past year one of the main reasons why I became a first time subscriber to footballguys.com was so I would have access to this and now its not included in the subscription price. Really disappointed in this decision to not have it as subscriber material. :(
+1Stripping significant content from a subscription isn't the way to go.

I know I will still end up buying it but I too am disappointed that it isn't offered as part of the subscription that I bought 2 years ago... (1 year left). I also thought more was going to be done to make the DD easier to customize (add category for return yds etc.) Pretty disappointing in my opinion.

'krsone21 said:
'Raymell McKigney said:
:thumbdown: Some people have to decide between paying $10 for a publication or paying for gas for vehicle, putting food on the table, or paying a bill because they are laid off or had their hours cut back. Just because $10 doesn't seem like a lot to you doesn't mean it's not a lot for someone else.
If its the difference between food on the table and gas in a car, then perhaps fantasy football is the least of your worries.Seems that everyone who is complaining about this only chooses to see this through their own perspective instead of taking into account the work and efforts put in by Matt in producing the RSP. I was happy to pay the stand alone cost for the RSP before Matt came to FBG and I am happy to pay for it as a stand alone product again. We were lucky to have something this high quality as part of the FBG subscription for a period of time.

'krsone21 said:
'Raymell McKigney said:
If its the difference between food on the table and gas in a car, then perhaps fantasy football is the least of your worries.Seems that everyone who is complaining about this only chooses to see this through their own perspective instead of taking into account the work and efforts put in by Matt in producing the RSP. I was happy to pay the stand alone cost for the RSP before Matt came to FBG and I am happy to pay for it as a stand alone product again. We were lucky to have something this high quality as part of the FBG subscription for a period of time.
x2

I purchased a subscription solely for the rsp. Will I be able to receive a refund?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feels like Christmas eve waiting on the Portfolio! Does anyone know the specifics on how we can purchase this through the FBG site?

We'll announce it via email and on this thread. We'll provide a link to access so you can purchase it there. Everything is set to go for tomorrow.

I think for most people it falls more along the lines of having a reasonable expectation of being provided a service for money and then being told that service that you paid for is extra money. Just the principle that really really really bothers me.

thanks alot matt, looking forward to this as always. more than happy to pay the small price for your hard work! greatly appreciate it.

Just wanted to voice my opinion and support for Matt on this great of research. I subscrobed before Matt joined the FBG team and I have zero problem paying to receive his insightful thoughts on this year's rookie class!

We'll announce it via email and on this thread. We'll provide a link to access so you can purchase it there. Everything is set to go for tomorrow.
Excellent news, I'm due to hand in my final year dissertation tomorrow morning so should hopefully have some time to read this :thumbup:

Excellent news, I'm due to hand in my final year dissertation tomorrow morning so should hopefully have some time to read this :thumbup:
All the best with your dissertation and congrats!
Im sure it's nothing like the time you've put into this! Do you have a rough time for it going online yet?

Im sure it's nothing like the time you've put into this! Do you have a rough time for it going online yet?
At this stage it's out of my hands, but I know everything basically has been set up and ready to go with just a few last steps that I believe David Dodds will be taking care of later on. Not sure when that will be, but if I were to guess - late tonight or early tomorrow.

At this stage it's out of my hands, but I know everything basically has been set up and ready to go with just a few last steps that I believe David Dodds will be taking care of later on. Not sure when that will be, but if I were to guess - late tonight or early tomorrow.
Thanks, that's me set for the weekend!

I think for most people it falls more along the lines of having a reasonable expectation of being provided a service for money and then being told that service that you paid for is extra money. Just the principle that really really really bothers me.
+1
Just wanted to voice my opinion and support for Matt on this great of research. I subscrobed before Matt joined the FBG team and I have zero problem paying to receive his insightful thoughts on this year's rookie class!
It's not mutually exclusive. You can be disappointed in the change in subscription and still think that Matt does a brilliant job with the RSP. Heck, i joined cuz of the RSP, but when I paid my money, I expected to receive the RSP as per the agreement.

Where do you purchase the RSP? Is the link going to be on the front page of footballguys or under tools? I just don't want to miss it if it does come out tonight.

It's not mutually exclusive. You can be disappointed in the change in subscription and still think that Matt does a brilliant job with the RSP. Heck, i joined cuz of the RSP, but when I paid my money, I expected to receive the RSP as per the agreement.
agreed!

Where do you purchase the RSP? Is the link going to be on the front page of footballguys or under tools? I just don't want to miss it if it does come out tonight.
You'll get an email and when it goes live, either David or I will supply the link here, too.
Sweet! I can't wait. Figured out how to put PDF's on my iPad just for your report. Much respect. Thanks ahead of time.

i can appreciate that people prepaid for something and now they feel like their contract is being violated. that IS irritating. it's also true that finding a way to earn $10 isn't hard. heck, you can probably find a dozen opportunities to earn that online in an hour. and if you want people to sacrifice their entire lives for months to produce something of this quality you have to compensate them appropriately. it is a MUST read for anyone that plays dynasty. matt, i want to join the chorus of those who love this product and are grateful that you're willing to put in the time. and i'm sure the people who are complaining about the situation also feel that way or this wouldn't bother them...they just wouldn't buy it. hopefully all will be resolved fairly.

either way, i'm spending my day off immersed in the RSP.

Anyone else having trouble downloading it? It seems to be trying to set up an entirely new FBG subscription even though Im already logged in.

Same issue: membership is through 2013 but it won't let me download. Is it only for non-subscribers this year, lol.

See post #33 on this thread. A reminder to those that haven't seen it - the RSP is separate from the FBGs subscription.

We'll have a more official announcement soon, but here's the link where you can purchase. I will be on the road for the next 5 hours so I'll probably won't get to check in here until later this evening.

M

Purchase and download here
After clicking on the above link...

click on the link labeled

Download the complete version of the RSP, an 859-page report, for $9.95

It brings up the subscription page and asks if you want to add a new subscription or renew your current subscription. In the drop down menu it says you can ADD the Rookie scouting portfolio to your subscription ($9.95).

It worked fine for me.

No, I mean I click the download link and it tells me I need to renew my subscription. I understand I have to pay. Where do I do that?

Ok, paid for it. FBG blocked at work, sO doing from my phone. Not easy. So now is it emailed to me or download?

I am confused about the link to buy the RSP...it seems first I have to have my FBG subscription current before I buy it?

Does that mean I have to pay $27.95 for the FBG subscription, then pay another $9.95 for the RSP?

At the very least, is there an early bird for FBG sub?

EDIT:

Looks like you click the "ORDER NOW" link at this link (not the "Download the complete..."): http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2011/11rsp.php

Users who are viewing this thread