What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (6 Viewers)

I couldn't find my power washer the other day and thought I'd misplaced it. THen I cannot find my compressor, I hire a lot of people around here and the list of suspects was long. We have a pretty secure property and were afraid it was not someone doing a day job, but someone familiar with the property and when we were vulnerable. We have security cameras around the property- the room containing the recording equipment- was locked form the inside and the jey was missing. When I finally got in there to retrieve the video, the recorder had been unplugged. We were getting pretty paranoid that it was an inside job, and all the people inside we trusted. So we had to examine who on the inside might have done it.
pretty sure you look to the butler first.
if only.Options include- 1) Neighbor who has been over helping me rehab/reconstruct water well on my property. I told him if he could help me get it going, I'd let him run a pipe to his property forr personal irrigation/watering needs.b) two friends of my neighbor who were over here helping us pull out over 350' of rods out of the well, getting blind drunk and otherwise altered in the process, working until almost idnight on a Sunday night$) Old codger my dad want to hire to work around here and take him on errands. Seems a ltiny bit sleazy, but we know he has sons who have done prison time. I let him go a week ago)) A guy and his helper who work for a local water well drilling company that we gave $100 to coem and check out or well and evaluate the situationZ@) Lady across the street who used to work here. but went kind of over the edge with post partum emotional instability and burned all bridges.*) my food co-op guy who delivers food here every week.0) son of my food co-op guy that I had been hiring to do odd-jobs. Hard work like digging trenches and planting trees. 14b) next door neighbor that has fought me on every zoing change I have requested and been pretty much a #### to me ever since I moved in here 8 years ago.9915) Chad who has worked for me for 7 years, off and on. We go fishing together and exchange xmas gifts. he is here a lot. he is the one who inventoried all the major missing items beyond the power washer (first thing missing).These are the guys that have been on my property in the last two weeks and had the oppty (except the lady across the street- who to my knowledge had not been on the property).

1) Neighbor who has been over helping me rehab/reconstruct water well on my property. I told him if he could help me get it going, I'd let him run a pipe to his property forr personal irrigation/watering needs.
No. You don't #### where you eat, you don't rob your neighbor. Even crooks are smart enough for this.
b) two friends of my neighbor who were over here helping us pull out over 350' of rods out of the well, getting blind drunk and otherwise altered in the process, working until almost idnight on a Sunday night
Probably not. Right next to their neighbor's house.
$) Old codger my dad want to hire to work around here and take him on errands. Seems a ltiny bit sleazy, but we know he has sons who have done prison time. I let him go a week ago
Highly suspicious. For obvious reasons. A few of them.
)) A guy and his helper who work for a local water well drilling company that we gave $100 to coem and check out or well and evaluate the situation
It doesn't seem like they'd have enough inside knowledge to handle the video room
Z@) Lady across the street who used to work here. but went kind of over the edge with post partum emotional instability and burned all bridges.
Only if you were hiding chocolate and mimosas
*) my food co-op guy who delivers food here every week.
Would you risk your job over a couple household items? Plus, he works for a food co-op. He's a hippie. Hippies smoke weed, treat you well, like pastel colors, and smell funny. They're nice. Not thieves.
0) son of my food co-op guy that I had been hiring to do odd-jobs. Hard work like digging trenches and planting trees.
My personal choice. Not the obvious choice, as that goes to the guy with criminals who just got laid off (and you can't take the obvious choice - I learned that from every cop drama ever), but he's not a sweet old hippie like his dad because he's a rebellious little ####. He doesn't really care if he has the odd jobs as they're hard work, but if he can take a few things with him when he leaves it makes it too worth it for his lazy ### to quit. Plus, he's young, and young people do dumb things. Some old people do too if they're me, but I was even worse when I was a kid.
14b) next door neighbor that has fought me on every zoing change I have requested and been pretty much a #### to me ever since I moved in here 8 years ago.
See #1
9915) Chad who has worked for me for 7 years, off and on. We go fishing together and exchange xmas gifts. he is here a lot. he is the one who inventoried all the major missing items beyond the power washer (first thing missing).
No way

Vote Old Codger. Proxy to Pickles.
Oh man, they got you too?
I think I played in the first four games on these boards. I don't think I'd have any idea what's going on anymore. it's morphed into something completely different.
It's the same as Day 1 Rover. C'mon back.
I just started spring break and probably would've jumped in for old time's sake, but it looks like you all just started D1 over there. Oh well.

Not at all a post to gain sympathy, but more of one of those "hug your loved ones":

Friend of mine was killed doing what he loved on Friday. Knowing this guy, this was the best (?) way he could go. For that reason, I have very little sadness other than missing him.

But it is a reminder of how life can be cut short at any time.
So sorry to hear YSR. :(
I just got a text that one of my really good friends had a heart attack and died today. he was 40.
Sorry GB's. :sadbanana:

Just check FB to find out that a friend of mine from HS lost her battle with cancer today. Also found out yesterday that my GB's mom has uterine cancer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, life is so stupid.

There's a lot of sadness around these parts. Sorry to all: fish, bob, and anyone else I might have missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Condolences to everyone. Baby bentley is happily eating the instructions to a Lego set while JR is in preschool. I expect this to cause trouble later.

Hypothetical question: Say you have jizz stains on the crotch region of your suit pants. That will just come out when you bring the pants to the dry cleaner right? Or do you have to tell them specifically about the stain(s) in order for them to get it out? And if you do have to point out the stain(s) what's the best excuse to use so you don't have to tell the dry cleaner (who is the mother of a girl I grew up with) that the stain is my own DNA which got on the pants due to getting a handy in the parking lot at work (note to Tanner: I did not pay for the handy)

Thanks. Will answer yours

And if you do have to point out the stain(s) what's the best excuse to use so you don't have to tell the dry cleaner (who is the mother of a girl I grew up with) that the stain is my own DNA which got on the pants due to getting a handy in the parking lot at work (note to Tanner: I did not pay for the handy)
I'd recommend lying and saying it is somebody else's jizz on your pants.

And if you do have to point out the stain(s) what's the best excuse to use so you don't have to tell the dry cleaner (who is the mother of a girl I grew up with) that the stain is my own DNA which got on the pants due to getting a handy in the parking lot at work (note to Tanner: I did not pay for the handy)
I'd recommend lying and saying it is somebody else's jizz on your pants.
I like this idea. But that seems like it might seem a little weird. How about I say that I let someone else borrow my pants and he got the handy and he stained the pants? I'm thinking this is the shark hawk Guster move.

Hypothetical question: Say you have jizz stains on the crotch region of your suit pants. That will just come out when you bring the pants to the dry cleaner right? Or do you have to tell them specifically about the stain(s) in order for them to get it out? And if you do have to point out the stain(s) what's the best excuse to use so you don't have to tell the dry cleaner (who is the mother of a girl I grew up with) that the stain is my own DNA which got on the pants due to getting a handy in the parking lot at work (note to Tanner: I did not pay for the handy)Thanks. Will answer yours
I don't think they ask for stain backstory. You should be OK here.

Here is another hypothetical. Supposing you met this girl on Saturday night. You talked for a few minutes but weren't interested. But, she's friends with 2 or 3 really hot girls you know, so you act pretty nice, maybe even mildly flirty so she will tell the hot girls. She then friends you on FB on Sunday, and messages you the following on Monday:

Cute pics with the baby[fn1]... U know chicks love that rite? H**** has been trying to get us to meet for over a year now[fn2].. Just had a first date with J*** on sat. Nite...[fn3] Kinda bad timing...but things have a way of playing themselves out as they should!! So glad to have finally met you.. You are hilarious and very cute[fn4]..would love to hear about ur ireland times sometime[fn5]...its so beautiful there...have a great easter!C******
fn1. I have pics of me with my newborn nephew on my FB page.fn2. I sort of knew that H (one of the hot girls) had mentioned this, but I didn't realize the extentfn3. I guess she introduced me to this guy. No idea why it's relevant. If it's been one date, you couldn't see someone else?fn4. This is false.fn5. I have lots of Ireland pictures, too.So, how do I respond to this message, if at all? I want to say, you seemed nice, but I'm not interested, but you have hot friends that I don't want to think I'm a jerk. So tell them I'm cute and funny but don't message me when things with J don't work out.

'Thorn said:
Here is another hypothetical. Supposing you met this girl on Saturday night. You talked for a few minutes but weren't interested. But, she's friends with 2 or 3 really hot girls you know, so you act pretty nice, maybe even mildly flirty so she will tell the hot girls. She then friends you on FB on Sunday, and messages you the following on Monday:

Cute pics with the baby[fn1]... U know chicks love that rite? H**** has been trying to get us to meet for over a year now[fn2].. Just had a first date with J*** on sat. Nite...[fn3] Kinda bad timing...but things have a way of playing themselves out as they should!! So glad to have finally met you.. You are hilarious and very cute[fn4]..would love to hear about ur ireland times sometime[fn5]...its so beautiful there...have a great easter!C******
fn1. I have pics of me with my newborn nephew on my FB page.fn2. I sort of knew that H (one of the hot girls) had mentioned this, but I didn't realize the extentfn3. I guess she introduced me to this guy. No idea why it's relevant. If it's been one date, you couldn't see someone else?fn4. This is false.fn5. I have lots of Ireland pictures, too.So, how do I respond to this message, if at all? I want to say, you seemed nice, but I'm not interested, but you have hot friends that I don't want to think I'm a jerk. So tell them I'm cute and funny but don't message me when things with J don't work out.
Time to Keys your way away from the interwebs.

'Thorn said:

Threesome with her and hot friend is out of the question?

'Thorn said:

I have no idea what the Guster move is here, but I do know the grammer (sp?) in that message would turn me off, regardless of looks. Call it an English dork pet peeve. I don't demand prefection like some of my ilk, but any time someone uses 'ur' instead of "your" I'm done with them.

'Thorn said:

Cute pics with the baby[fn1]... U know chicks love that rite? H**** has been trying to get us to meet for over a year now[fn2].. Just had a first date with J*** on sat. Nite...[fn3] Kinda bad timing...but things have a way of playing themselves out as they should!! So glad to have finally met you.. You are hilarious and very cute[fn4]..would love to hear about ur ireland times sometime[fn5]...its so beautiful there...have a great easter!

C******
fn1. I have pics of me with my newborn nephew on my FB page.fn2. I sort of knew that H (one of the hot girls) had mentioned this, but I didn't realize the extent

fn3. I guess she introduced me to this guy. No idea why it's relevant. If it's been one date, you couldn't see someone else?

fn4. This is false.

fn5. I have lots of Ireland pictures, too.

So, how do I respond to this message, if at all? I want to say, you seemed nice, but I'm not interested, but you have hot friends that I don't want to think I'm a jerk. So tell them I'm cute and funny but don't message me when things with J don't work out.
Time to [Keys your way away from the interwebs.
:lmao:

'Thorn said:

Cute pics with the baby[fn1]... U know chicks love that rite? H**** has been trying to get us to meet for over a year now[fn2].. Just had a first date with J*** on sat. Nite...[fn3] Kinda bad timing...but things have a way of playing themselves out as they should!! So glad to have finally met you.. You are hilarious and very cute[fn4]..would love to hear about ur ireland times sometime[fn5]...its so beautiful there...have a great easter!

C******
fn1. I have pics of me with my newborn nephew on my FB page.fn2. I sort of knew that H (one of the hot girls) had mentioned this, but I didn't realize the extent

fn3. I guess she introduced me to this guy. No idea why it's relevant. If it's been one date, you couldn't see someone else?

fn4. This is false.

fn5. I have lots of Ireland pictures, too.

So, how do I respond to this message, if at all? I want to say, you seemed nice, but I'm not interested, but you have hot friends that I don't want to think I'm a jerk. So tell them I'm cute and funny but don't message me when things with J don't work out.
:lmao: Reply: Thanks, you too.

Polite, but sends the message that you aren't interested. If she's reasonably sane.

'Thorn said:

I'm probably the last person to take advice from regarding written communcation from women but what about this reply:Had a great time hanging out with [name all the girls]. We should do it again and invite [dude].Thoughts??I think that establishes you (1) don't want to see her alone (2) don't care about guy (3) maybe set up another date with her hot friends.

'Thorn said:

This is the midget bartender chick, right?

Joel was the younger brother of identical twin sisters that I went to school with from the time I was in junior high. I got to know him really well over the last 20 years. He was a great guy, always cheerful and willing to listen to any problem you might have. He played in our fantasy league for the last 15 years, and never missed our Vegas draft. Last time I saw him I took him to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego in December.He felt sick and left work early today. He collapsed on the platform of the BART station on his way home.Here's to you, Joel. You'll be missed. :cry:
So sorry to hear it, Fish. :(

Users who are viewing this thread