What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (10 Viewers)

i'm fascinated by the responses of people in these situations when they know they are wrong

and i would like to fight Pete Carroll and Golden Tate

if a defender catches the ball to his chest and a receiver puts a hand or two on it, that's not simultaneous possession.

you can't just touch a ball to take possession.
link?
if I could link common sense, I would
Rules only state simultaneous possession. There is no mention of "majority possession". What's the cutoff? 49/51? 60/40? 90/10?
refs saw THIS and ruled it a TDVince McMahon is embarrassed

if a defender catches the ball to his chest and a receiver puts a hand or two on it, that's not simultaneous possession.

link?
Rules only state simultaneous possession. There is no mention of "majority possession". What's the cutoff? 49/51? 60/40? 90/10?
SHOPPED

link?
At that point, it looks to me like Tate has 8-11 percent possession. That technically makes it simultaneous. If you wind the tape back, he has more like 24-37percent and if you wind it forward, tate has the ball all by himself.I agree that GB had majority possession. But according to the rules as written, I am unsure if that matters, as the rules do not stipulate degree of the majority is required for possession.

so, an offensive player with .000000000000000000000000000000000001% possession of the ball should get a touchdown every time?

link?
At that point, it looks to me like Tate has 8-11 percent possession. That technically makes it simultaneous. If you wind the tape back, he has more like 24-37percent and if you wind it forward, tate has the ball all by himself.I agree that GB had majority possession. But according to the rules as written, I am unsure if that matters, as the rules do not stipulate degree of the majority is required for possession.
Erie Doctrine if I'm not mistaken.

link?
You know what this is? Karma.Karma for all of those years the rest of us had to suffer through Bret "Rabbit's Foot" Favre and his bullcrap luck.

Everyone is familiar with the adage "Possession is 9/10th of the law."

But few are familiar with the second part "1/10th possession is six points, so suck it whiners."

That street corner at the very beginning (as well as the crosswalk with the Mobil station in the background) is about 200 yards from where I'm sitting right now.

If you're looking to take some money out, for whatever reason, I don't think a hedge is a bad idea. If you're just building your roll, then I'd let it ride.
My bankroll is much smaller than yours, I think. :unsure:
You're welcome.
About $6K total right now, including pending wagers.
Those didn't hurt, for sure. Still in the red on Wongs. Olympics were awesome, election is going to be awesome, soccer props are strong.

link?
To be fair, only one of them ruled it a TD

Am I the only one that is enjoying the complete randomness of NFL officiating? Anything can happen. 4 timeouts? Sure. PI? Could be. Holding? Never.

Play the game. Win outright, or you might just lose. HST would love this crap.

Am I the only one that is enjoying the complete randomness of NFL officiating? Anything can happen. 4 timeouts? Sure. PI? Could be. Holding? Never.Play the game. Win outright, or you might just lose. HST would love this crap.
I don't really care that much, but I seem to care a lot less about sports than I used to these days.

Yeah, pretty sure I'm gonna drink 'til sunrise. Anyone else in?
:whistle:
Hi buddy. :wub:Still living the unemployment dream?
I would love to join you #######s, but my alarm is set for 6 and I'll get home around 10:30pm tomorrow. Wondering why I told a GB who's moving away I'd make a couple dump runs for him tomorrow morning.
Dummy. It's your own fault for having friends.

Hi buddy. :wub:Still living the unemployment dream?
I would love to join you #######s, but my alarm is set for 6 and I'll get home around 10:30pm tomorrow. Wondering why I told a GB who's moving away I'd make a couple dump runs for him tomorrow morning.
Wait, "dump runs"?Sounds like the morning after a Chipotle extravaganza...what the hell are you and your "GB" doing, exactly?

OK, so I may be in the process of devouring two fried bologna sandwiches, a cheeseburger, some leftover pasta, and most of a bag of Taco Flavored Doritos.

Also thinking about a turkey and swiss sandwich or maybe a couple of dogs.

Eiter way, my booze consumption is done.

OK, so I may be in the process of devouring two fried bologna sandwiches, a cheeseburger, some leftover pasta, and most of a bag of Taco Flavored Doritos.

Also thinking about a turkey and swiss sandwich or maybe a couple of dogs.

Eiter way, my booze consumption is done.
I can take the ref debacle, but this really made me sad... :mellow:

OK, so I may be in the process of devouring two fried bologna sandwiches, a cheeseburger, some leftover pasta, and most of a bag of Taco Flavored Doritos.Also thinking about a turkey and swiss sandwich or maybe a couple of dogs.Eiter way, my booze consumption is done.
Your myfitnesspal feed is blowing up.

link?
You know what this is? Karma.Karma for all of those years the rest of us had to suffer through Bret "Rabbit's Foot" Favre and his bullcrap luck.
:lmao: IMO, its Karma for the Seahawks getting jobbed in the Superbowl against the Steelers. I lost a fortune (pre-divorced, highly compensated, top of the world GM type fortune, not the shell of the man you see today) on that Superbowl game. Offensive pass interference on D. Jackson? Really? Holding on a run play for Hasselhoff? I don't think so. I'm still fuming about that abortion.

So...I don't feel quite as dirty as I should cashing that ticket because from what I saw, I was in shock they called that a TD. Happy that they did, but pretty shocked.

So....anybody own Amaya Gaming? :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Hi buddy. :wub: Still living the unemployment dream?
Wait, "dump runs"?Sounds like the morning after a Chipotle extravaganza...what the hell are you and your "GB" doing, exactly?
Not sure, but i think "dump runs" has something to do with this-Alcohol Enema

'JaxBill said:
'Radio Free Homer said:
'proninja said:
'Radio Free Homer said:
'-fish- said:
'Radio Free Homer said:
:lmao: Before I even opened the link, my first thought was "Hey, we just had an incident with those over the weekend!"

The UTK Memes' FB page is having a big time with the story. My link

'JaxBill said:
'Radio Free Homer said:
'proninja said:
'Radio Free Homer said:
'-fish- said:
'Radio Free Homer said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Kinda glad I opted for the 'no hazing' fraternity.

'-fish- said:
Am I the only one that is enjoying the complete randomness of NFL officiating? Anything can happen. 4 timeouts? Sure. PI? Could be. Holding? Never.Play the game. Win outright, or you might just lose. HST would love this crap.
:goodposting:

Been in contact with K4 and she said she might be able to be convinced to meeting somewhere more football friendly if anyone came up with a plan. Sounds like Mason wouldn't be in until after the game anyway, though so don't know if that will happen
"hey, I know you're a fortune small number company and I flew out here to interview for an executive level position, but I'm going to need a minute to call my friends from the Internet about watching football."
Sorry, I didn't catch all this yesterday. I was very busy interviewing--no breaks at all. We ended up at some loud bar I hated and then went to the Walrus and the Carpenter for dinner. No TVs, but I can't recommend the food enough. Best meal I had in Seattle, and that's saying a lot.Drifter, had lots of Kumumotos (sp?) at Elliot's on Saturday night. Also had three other kinds that night, and then four new kinds last night. I could see getting oystered out if I lived there, but for now it was heaven.I liked the people at Amazon much more than I expected. Was really impressed. Don't know how I did; purportedly they are meeting tomorrow. I still have a slight preference for NOT getting the job (despite the ego blow) so that I don't have to make a very, very hard decision. Or even better, I get the job but we just can't come to appropriate financial terms. :)

Been in contact with K4 and she said she might be able to be convinced to meeting somewhere more football friendly if anyone came up with a plan. Sounds like Mason wouldn't be in until after the game anyway, though so don't know if that will happen
"hey, I know you're a fortune small number company and I flew out here to interview for an executive level position, but I'm going to need a minute to call my friends from the Internet about watching football."
Sorry, I didn't catch all this yesterday. I was very busy interviewing--no breaks at all. We ended up at some loud bar I hated and then went to the Walrus and the Carpenter for dinner. No TVs, but I can't recommend the food enough. Best meal I had in Seattle, and that's saying a lot.Drifter, had lots of Kumumotos (sp?) at Elliot's on Saturday night. Also had three other kinds that night, and then four new kinds last night. I could see getting oystered out if I lived there, but for now it was heaven.I liked the people at Amazon much more than I expected. Was really impressed. Don't know how I did; purportedly they are meeting tomorrow. I still have a slight preference for NOT getting the job (despite the ego blow) so that I don't have to make a very, very hard decision. Or even better, I get the job but we just can't come to appropriate financial terms. :)
Did you tell them about your propensity to butt chug your wine??

I need to plug in for the next couple hours. Someone give me an album I likely haven't heard that'll blow my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread