What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me choose my new title (1 Viewer)

I wonder if I could get away with CAO or CIO. Close call. From my research, it appears both those titles are roughly equivalent to COO, but I still report to the COO, so I don't know if he would approve that or not. Might look kind of ballsy to suggest, but I like the sound of those. VP of Business Development sounds good, but I think it's too closely tied into sales, which is the one area not under my domain.
CIO reports to other C-suite positions in many cases so that should not be a problem, if thats the identity you want. Most people that have IT in addition to other functions don't put IT in the title, unless its CIO. "Hi I am VP-Supply Chain, but I also have IT". Purchasing and customer service are also a part of supply chain or logistics in some companies. Don't put "back office" in the title. It seems to becoming more common to put multiple functions in the title also but I'm not a fan of it. How about Sr VP Logistics or Sr VP Logistics/CIO if you want.
:goodposting:

I think VP Supply Chain is the best answer. You can easily state that IT is a part of the supply chain and everything else is a natural fit IMO

VP of Supply Chain

VP of Customer Experience

VP of Operations

all good suggestions I would second

VP of Steeler Nation?

VP in charge of Terrible Towels?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have gone with "Name my thread" instead of "Help me choose my title." It's less ambiguous that way, and avoids any confusion about which title you're talking about. So anyway, yeah, that's my answer.

YES

VP Planning and Logistics = you figure out how to do it, then get it done

NO:

VP Business Development = sales guy

VP Operations = builds stuff

VP Supply Chain = buyer/shipper boss

I once had a Chinese supplier give me a business card that listed his title as "Grand Dragon".

Maybe you could go with that?

CKO - Chief Knowledge Officer

A chief knowledge officer (CKO) is an organizational leader, responsible for ensuring that the organization maximizes the value it achieves through "knowledge". The CKO is responsible for managing intellectual capital and the custodian of Knowledge Management practices in an organization. CKO is not just a relabelling of the title "chief information officer" - the CKO role is much broader. CKOs can help an organization maximize the returns on investment in knowledge (people, processes and intellectual capital), exploit their intangible assets (know-how, patents, customer relationships), repeat successes, share best practices, improve innovation, and avoid knowledge loss after organizational restructuring.

CKOs must have skills across a wide variety of areas. They must be good at developing/understanding the big picture, advocacy (articulation, promotion and justification of the knowledge agenda, sometimes against cynicism or even open hostility), project and people management (oversight of a variety of activities, attention to detail, ability to motivate), communications (communicating clearly the knowledge agenda, have good listening skills and be sensitive to organizational opportunities and obstacles), leadership, teamworking, influencing, and interpersonal skills. The CKO who successfully combines these skills is well equipped as an excellent agent of change for their organization.

A chief knowledge officer (CKO) is an organizational leader, responsible for ensuring that the organization maximizes the value it achieves through "knowledge". The CKO is responsible for managing intellectual capital and the custodian of Knowledge Management practices in an organization. CKO is not just a relabelling of the title "chief information officer" - the CKO role is much broader. CKOs can help an organization maximize the returns on investment in knowledge (people, processes and intellectual capital), exploit their intangible assets (know-how, patents, customer relationships), repeat successes, share best practices, improve innovation, and avoid knowledge loss after organizational restructuring.

CKOs must have skills across a wide variety of areas. They must be good at developing/understanding the big picture, advocacy (articulation, promotion and justification of the knowledge agenda, sometimes against cynicism or even open hostility), project and people management (oversight of a variety of activities, attention to detail, ability to motivate), communications (communicating clearly the knowledge agenda, have good listening skills and be sensitive to organizational opportunities and obstacles), leadership, teamworking, influencing, and interpersonal skills. The CKO who successfully combines these skills is well equipped as an excellent agent of change for their organization.
I don't really think that's what he does.

Oh, so only men are good enough to be CKO's? :sexist:

I don't know what that has to do with my post, but you have intuited my thoughts exactly.

I work in a manufacturing facility as well and our VP of logistics is responsible for everything you specified except IT.

I don't know what that has to do with my post, but you have intuited my thoughts exactly.
:hifive:

I wonder if I could get away with CAO or CIO. Close call. From my research, it appears both those titles are roughly equivalent to COO, but I still report to the COO, so I don't know if he would approve that or not. Might look kind of ballsy to suggest, but I like the sound of those. VP of Business Development sounds good, but I think it's too closely tied into sales, which is the one area not under my domain.
CIO reports to other C-suite positions in many cases so that should not be a problem, if thats the identity you want. Most people that have IT in addition to other functions don't put IT in the title, unless its CIO. "Hi I am VP-Supply Chain, but I also have IT". Purchasing and customer service are also a part of supply chain or logistics in some companies. Don't put "back office" in the title. It seems to becoming more common to put multiple functions in the title also but I'm not a fan of it. How about Sr VP Logistics or Sr VP Logistics/CIO if you want.
:goodposting:

I think VP Supply Chain is the best answer. You can easily state that IT is a part of the supply chain and everything else is a natural fit IMO
i like throwing out the CAO. Will give you an indication of what your boss thinks and puts you in the c-suite.....Be ready to offer up the VP Supply chain as a backup or offer at the same time and let your boss decide....

Users who are viewing this thread