What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone interested in discussing picks for NFL Survivor pools? (1 Viewer)

I've gone: Wash, Buf, Mia, SF, KC. Leaning Philly this week over NYJ in the road. Maybe Jags. This league started with a little over 1000 people, now down to about 300. $100 buy-in too, so it's worth winning (or splitting). I actually got part of a six way split on this one a few years ago when there were 650 people in.

Buffalo next week against the Pats in a week where it looks tough to find a team

This is no joke. Surviving week 7 is going to be a challenge for most. I typically don't look ahead, but I should have saved something for 7. It might be a rough one.

Kinda mad I took Miami last week over Detroit. Miami would have been a nice pick this week. Lesson learned to look ahead (at least a little bit).

I think Rams against Arizona is my pick this week.

I think the Rams in week 7 over Pittsburgh is the play. At first glance.

Agree. Always hate picking against "my team", but that's looking like the best matchup that will be available.

Seattle maybe, but Az has been playing better than expected
Even though it's a road game, SF over the JJ-less Vikings seems pretty safe
pretty sure the fat guy already used SF
Ahh

I've gone baltimore, philly, kc, SF, Det

Miami at home against Carolina should be my pick, that allows me to take Buffalo next week against the Pats in a week where it looks tough to find a team.

Good thoughts here. I've got Buffalo as the choice now but I didn't look to next week. 2500 entries down to 850.

Aside from beating Dallas, have they?

I'll probably fade them on the road vs division rivals Rams and Seahawks next two weeks.

I think so. They've been competitive in every game this season. Dobbs looks like a younger Russell Wilson. They are 1-4 with a plus/minus of -28. The other teams that are 1-4 are at -12, -42, -60, -76, and -91. And three of the five teams they have faced are SF, Dal, Cin.

Not saying that you shouldn't bet against them. I may end up doing so myself. They just that they make me nervous. Connor going down is going to hurt though.

Aside from beating Dallas, have they?

I'll probably fade them on the road vs division rivals Rams and Seahawks next two weeks.

I think so. They've been competitive in every game this season. Dobbs looks like a younger Russell Wilson. They are 1-4 with a plus/minus of -28. The other teams that are 1-4 are at -12, -42, -60, -76, and -91. And three of the five teams they have faced are SF, Dal, Cin.

Not saying that you shouldn't bet against them. I may end up doing so myself. They just that they make me nervous. Connor going down is going to hurt though.
How many bathrooms does he have?

MIA, BUF, KC, SF should be the picks, but I have already used those 4.

I think PHI has gotta be the pick if those 4 aren't available. Maybe the Rams?

1. Commanders
2. Cowboys
3. Probably Chiefs

4. Want to use the Niners but I don’t want the division game. But that also applies to the Eagles and I like their game even less so I guess I’ll have to go with San Fran.

1. Commanders
2. Cowboys
3. Chiefs
4. Niners
5. Dolphins

Wish I didn’t get scared off Detroit but I did. Going with the Bills. I am tempted to go with the Bengals at home against the Seahawks with and assumption that Burrow is all the way back now.

Last edited:
MIA, BUF, KC, SF should be the picks, but I have already used those 4.

I think PHI has gotta be the pick if those 4 aren't available. Maybe the Rams?
I am in the same boat. I am going to go with the Rams this week. Our survivor pool is small and everyone else is gone but my wife and I. She is relentless.....

Ours was finished inside of 2-3 weeks, we just play with 10-12+ in many of my redrafts, the RTSports site has a special drop down on their menu, does all the work for you.

We started a new one a couple weeks ago
LAC-snuck that one in 1st week
MIA-Just wasn't a lot of gimme games last week and almost everyone took Miami over the Giants

Who do you all think are the safer plays this week and who do you look at and want to gamble on knowing that others likely won't take that same team and you eventually are sitting there with a lot of Aces in your hand to use in coming weeks?

I would think KC tonight is almost an auto win but they haven't been blowing many teams out

Ours was finished inside of 2-3 weeks, we just play with 10-12+ in many of my redrafts, the RTSports site has a special drop down on their menu, does all the work for you.

We started a new one a couple weeks ago
LAC-snuck that one in 1st week
MIA-Just wasn't a lot of gimme games last week and almost everyone took Miami over the Giants

Who do you all think are the safer plays this week and who do you look at and want to gamble on knowing that others likely won't take that same team and you eventually are sitting there with a lot of Aces in your hand to use in coming weeks?

I would think KC tonight is almost an auto win but they haven't been blowing many teams out
niners and bills are a lock
i thought to gamble on the rams but that’s when i always blow it so taking the dolphins since i have them

MoP - KC SHOULD be easy, but I would try to avoid division games if possible. Denver plays them pretty well in KC, and there are windy conditions tonight. I would look elsewhere.

Not wild on taking road teams either, but if PJ Walker beats me, it’s not meant to be.

MoP - KC SHOULD be easy, but I would try to avoid division games if possible. Denver plays them pretty well in KC, and there are windy conditions tonight. I would look elsewhere.

Not wild on taking road teams either, but if PJ Walker beats me, it’s not meant to be.
Hell yeah!
There's other games, Thursdays have a way of being wacky.
Good idea

I know people are not going to like this pick but I've been watching Houston all season, I like them at home this weekend.
Nobody is going to try and take them. I have a feeling they might crush 'em. That Saints 34-0 win up in Foxsboro, you can't overlook but the Pats blow, they lost Judon week prior, no OL
But that's still a gamble and no sure thing, I will be looking to bet on them straight up but probably not a great Survivor move when so many other juicy types this weekend.
I also think Dallas could get rolled on MNF and then the city of Dallas is going to loose their minds, especially Jerry

1. Commanders
2. Cowboys
3. Probably Chiefs

4. Want to use the Niners but I don’t want the division game. But that also applies to the Eagles and I like their game even less so I guess I’ll have to go with San Fran.

1. Commanders
2. Cowboys
3. Chiefs
4. Niners
5. Dolphins

Wish I didn’t get scared off Detroit but I did. Going with the Bills. I am tempted to go with the Bengals at home against the Seahawks with and assumption that Burrow is all the way back now.

Decided to try and survive with the Rams this week and save the Bills for next week. so:

1. Commanders
2. Cowboys
3. Chiefs
4. Niners
5. Dolphins
6. Rams

If the Bills went down there would have been 8 teams left in a 18k survivor I am in. Convos to chop would have occurred.

Even when Miami was down 14-0 early my sphincter never tightened. The Panthers are a bad bad football team.

Saved Buffalo for this week, but man, last night's game didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread