What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

I think Austin is going to shine in what looks to be a very dynamic Rams offense and am buying him to make an impact this season. I'm not saying it's a terrible trade or anything, but I don't think I'd be giving up Austin for that.
Hey, maybe you're right. You could do worse than placing your bets on a top 10 overall draft pick with 4.2 speed.

As far as Gordon goes, there are issues there, but his production was outstanding last year. Really impressive stuff, especially when you break it down in terms of yards per target. He was extremely effective. I think there are still some lingering questions about his game and his intelligence. Putting that aside, you should be able to get a future first from him from somebody in your league. So even if you don't like him, he has value at this exact moment in time.

I think the Austin owner is going to miss those picks when those drafts roll around. Every year brings a new crop of players to get excited about and there will surely be some compelling names on the board a year or two from now as well.

Josh Gordon + 2014 FIRST + 2015 FIRST

FOR

Tavon Austin
Austin owner and I wouldn't do this. He will do enough in his rookie season to command a better price than that come next year IMO.
Nothing short of a Chris Johnson or Anquan Boldin kind of rookie season will justify three first round picks.
I like Gordon's talent but I mustn't be as high on him as you guys, slight concerns over some of the personal issues but I'm not convinced Cleaveland has enough at WR to sufficiently draw coverage away from Gordon week in week out.

I think Austin is going to shine in what looks to be a very dynamic Rams offense and am buying him to make an impact this season. I'm not saying it's a terrible trade or anything, but I don't think I'd be giving up Austin for that.
Just curious what kind of realistic offer you would accept for Austin.

Hey, maybe you're right. You could do worse than placing your bets on a top 10 overall draft pick with 4.2 speed.

As far as Gordon goes, there are issues there, but his production was outstanding last year. Really impressive stuff, especially when you break it down in terms of yards per target. He was extremely effective. I think there are still some lingering questions about his game and his intelligence. Putting that aside, you should be able to get a future first from him from somebody in your league. So even if you don't like him, he has value at this exact moment in time.

I think the Austin owner is going to miss those picks when those drafts roll around. Every year brings a new crop of players to get excited about and there will surely be some compelling names on the board a year or two from now as well.
Which was about 4-5 games of production, and I don't see that changing much next season. That's down to Cleaveland and who's throwing him the ball, who else is producing on offense and how many opportunities he'll get to make some of those big plays that looked so good last year. The picks are nice, but I think Austin's situation is much better for 2013 and the Rams look like they'll just improve over the next few seasons.

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying, but I don't think the Austin owner will regret that deal and I'm sure he'll be an exciting player to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

FOR

Tavon Austin
Austin owner and I wouldn't do this. He will do enough in his rookie season to command a better price than that come next year IMO.
Nothing short of a Chris Johnson or Anquan Boldin kind of rookie season will justify three first round picks.
I like Gordon's talent but I mustn't be as high on him as you guys, slight concerns over some of the personal issues but I'm not convinced Cleaveland has enough at WR to sufficiently draw coverage away from Gordon week in week out.

Just curious what kind of realistic offer you would accept for Austin.
Really not sure, this is the deal I did to obtain him (posted a few pages back) so that maybe gives you an idea -

Jambo Broncos gave up:

Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

Austin, Tavon STL WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Saughton Seahawks gave up:

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Saughton Seahawks

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Saughton Seahawks

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Corstorphine Steelers

16 teams start 1/2/3/1 and flex
Widely crucified for that, maybe fairly, but I watched this guy last season and was convinced by his ability to step up. I'm always happy to take a risk and keep things interesting if I like a guy enough, looking forward to owning him in dynasty and I'm convinced that his talent and situation will lead to production.

Jambo Broncos gave up:

Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

Austin, Tavon STL WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Widely crucified for that, maybe fairly, but I watched this guy last season and was convinced by his ability to step up. I'm always happy to take a risk and keep things interesting if I like a guy enough, looking forward to owning him in dynasty and I'm convinced that his talent and situation will lead to production.
Yeah I think the draft picks are on the wrong side of this deal.

Jambo Broncos gave up:

Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

Austin, Tavon STL WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Yeah, the 2014 1st wasn't supposed to be part of the deal but he countered with it and I wasn't bothered enough to go back after lengthy negotiations. Even with those changes I'm expecting to at least make the playoffs again, I'm not too concerned about what he'll get for those picks. We're in a deep league and pretty much everything outside the top half of the first round is usually a crapshoot.

Put it this way, 2 2015 2nd round picks or the 2014 first wouldn't get you Keenan Allen (1.12) in our league, and they're all from stronger teams who should have winning seasons.

Jambo Broncos gave up:

Bernard, Giovani CIN RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

Austin, Tavon STL WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Yeah, the 2014 1st wasn't supposed to be part of the deal but he countered with it and I wasn't bothered enough to go back after lengthy negotiations. Even with those changes I'm expecting to at least make the playoffs again, I'm not too concerned about what he'll get for those picks. We're in a deep league and pretty much everything outside the top half of the first round is usually a crapshoot.

Put it this way, 2 2015 2nd round picks or the 2014 first wouldn't get you Keenan Allen (1.12) in our league, and they're all from stronger teams who should have winning seasons.
Johnson, Calvin DET WR

all

day

long

I'm actually more on board with that trade than I was at first but agree regarding the picks.

I'd definitely take Gordon and the picks in that deal but we really know very little about where those are projected to be.

I'm actually more on board with that trade than I was at first but agree regarding the picks.

I'd definitely take Gordon and the picks in that deal but we really know very little about where those are projected to be.
Even if they are projected to be later 1st rounders, I still take Gordon and the two 1sts.

Even if they are projected to be later 1st rounders, I still take Gordon and the two 1sts.
Oh so do I. It's just the deal could go from being close to a complete landslide depending on that.

FOR

Tavon Austin

We're talking about dynasty value, here. Seems a bit shortsighted to worry so much about his 2013 team, when talking about a 22 YO with plenty of raw talent.

Not involved:

Team that had Flacco and Kaepernick

traded:

Peyton Manning

for Donald Jones and 1.8

Team that had 1.8 was rebuilding, not sure why he took on Peyton.
If I was rebuilding I would take that in a second. Then I would flip manning in season for a prospect and a 2014 first.
A bit risky, for my tastes, if this is a 12 team league. If I am rebuilding I am staying clear of Peyton at this cost.

12 team devy PPR

Trent Richardson

Sidney Rice

2014 1st Rounder (Devy league, so equivalent of a 2nd rounder)

for

Victor Cruz

Mike Wallace

Ahmad Bradshaw

Isaiah Pead

Just completed this trade in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league

Gave:

Shane Vereen

Marvin Jones

Got:

2014 1st and 4th (expected to be in the 6-9 range)

I suspect some will think I undersold Vereen. Additionally I think some will think he overpaid. Vereen's value is strange right now IMO.

Just completed this trade in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league

Gave:

Shane Vereen

Marvin Jones

Got:

2014 1st and 4th (expected to be in the 6-9 range)

I suspect some will think I undersold Vereen. Additionally I think some will think he overpaid. Vereen's value is strange right now IMO.
I totally agree. I've been trying to figure out where he stands. With Woodhead and Hernandez both gone, it feels to me like he could have a pretty decent role this year.

Still, I'd take picks side of this trade.

12 team devy PPR

Trent Richardson

Sidney Rice

for

Victor Cruz

Mike Wallace

Ahmad Bradshaw

Isaiah Pead
Ouch. Wouldn't trade Trent alone for that package let alone add a 2014 pick in any round and Sidney Rice.

Thoughts on this potential deal Ryan Matthews and Greg Jennings for Dwayne Bowe and Owen Daniels.

I'm getting Jennings and RM. Already have Pitta at TE.

Reaction to Hernandez's murder chargers...12 team PPR dynasty

I gave: Justin Hunter

I got: Eifert

Only other TEs are Gonzo and Hernandez. Felt I had to take it even though I am a big Hunter fan.

Reaction to Hernandez's murder chargers...12 team PPR dynasty

I gave: Justin Hunter

I got: Eifert

Only other TEs are Gonzo and Hernandez. Felt I had to take it even though I am a big Hunter fan.
Assuming that you already had your rookie draft, did you take Hunter before Eifert in it?

Gave kelce

Got ahern, 2014 2nd and 3rd
Kelce. AHern is a negative on that side of the trade, might as well just throw away a roster spot. And seeing as I spent mid/late 2nds or early 3rds on Kelce in pretty much every league I'd prefer a prospect I know I really liked at those spots over the unknown lottery picks right now.

12 team PPR (1.5 PPR for TE)......FFPC dynasty

Jeremy Maclin

2014 1st (projects to be a likely playoff pick)

for

Tyler Eifert

2014 1st (borderline playoff pick)

Jeremy Maclin

for

Tyler Eifert

Eifert side crushed this one, IMO.

Maclin isn't horrible, but through four years he sure doesn't look like anything special either.

I would probably prefer Eifert in a typical flat PPR format. In a 1.5 PPR it's a landslide. Add in the higher pick and it's a really nice piece of business.

.5 PPR

AHern owner looking for some kind of help after downgrading from Rudolph to Fred Davis earlier this year in a trade to acquire Calvin:

Crabtree

Britt

For

Bowe

Cook

I think I did OK, especially considering the rest of the league was just looking to rip me off, but I hated having to make this deal. Hopefully Davis/Cook combo can be effective for me.

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
.5 PPR

AHern owner looking for some kind of help after downgrading from Rudolph to Fred Davis earlier this year in a trade to acquire Calvin:

Crabtree

Britt

For

Bowe

Cook

I think I did OK, especially considering the rest of the league was just looking to rip me off, but I hated having to make this deal. Hopefully Davis/Cook combo can be effective for me.
Well, that's obviously a big help for you this year, probably even next if Crabtree's isn't 100% in 2014, which I doubt he will be.

Sometimes when people kill people, you have to alter your plans a bit.

EBF said:
ghostguy123 said:

Jeremy Maclin

for

Tyler Eifert

Eifert side crushed this one, IMO.

Maclin isn't horrible, but through four years he sure doesn't look like anything special either.

I would probably prefer Eifert in a typical flat PPR format. In a 1.5 PPR it's a landslide. Add in the higher pick and it's a really nice piece of business.
wow. You like this one much?? :headbang:

Best part in this deal is probably the FFPC format for doing non playoff picks. If that other team does indeed miss the playoffs, he is good enough to win some losers bracket games and get me the #1 pick.

I was on the fence about the deal with him adding in something small so I did this instead in order to take a chance at getting a big payoff. If the pick I dealt was a later 1st and the one I got ends up top 3................I will feel like I got EIfert for free.........or the other team tanks and I just dealt away a high pick. Who knows for sure, but gotta trust your own projections.

12 team devy PPR

Trent Richardson

Sidney Rice

for

Victor Cruz

Mike Wallace

Ahmad Bradshaw

Isaiah Pead
Stole Trent, Funny part was the guy was asking for 10x that and that took that dummy offer :)

12 team devy PPR

Trent Richardson

Sidney Rice

for

Victor Cruz

Mike Wallace

Ahmad Bradshaw

Isaiah Pead
Stole Trent, Funny part was the guy was asking for 10x that and that took that dummy offer :)
That seems to happen a lot. People will ask about a player, they want a boatload, then deal the guy for like 1/5 what they wanted.

Team A got: Jimmy Graham and a 6th round pick(10 team dynasty)

Team B got: Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas, Dwayne Allen and a 2014 1st rounder

Team A owns Eifert and Cook

Team B owns McCoy and Murray

Horrible trade. If you give a stud, you should get a stud, not a bunch of average-to-good players.

Just did this trade in FFPC league where our startup draft concluded about a week ago:

Gave: Peyton Manning

Got: 2014#1 (pick is from another team and my best guess is non-playoff team) and Andy Dalton(throw in since I had no other QB on roster).

This other trade is a more interesting trade that involved a team I'm a part owner in but don't have an actual say in team management. I would add I was in favor of this trade so I liked what they did:

Gave: Lamar Miller and Leveon Bell

Got: Trent Richardson

Just did this trade in FFPC league where our startup draft concluded about a week ago:

Got: 2014#1 (pick is from another team and my best guess is non-playoff team) and Andy Dalton(throw in since I had no other QB on roster).

This other trade is a more interesting trade that involved a team I'm a part owner in but don't have an actual say in team management. I would add I was in favor of this trade so I liked what they did:

Both trades heavily in your favor. Nicely done.

Amazing

Users who are viewing this thread