What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

It has been moved down to 12 Teams this year and I am I'm rebuilding mode the trade was vetoed anyways I don't feel to bad.

12 team PPR start qb,2rb,2wrte,3 flex rb,wr,te 1.5 ppr for te

I gave up big ben, jimmy graham

I received 1.1, 1.6, 1.10, 1.14 2013 draft picks. Romo and greg olsen
You got fleeced. Graham in 1.5 is worth more than that. How do you have a 1.14 in a 12 team league?

It has been moved down to 12 Teams this year and I am I'm rebuilding mode the trade was vetoed anyways I don't feel to bad.

You got fleeced. Graham in 1.5 is worth more than that. How do you have a 1.14 in a 12 team league?
I have a had time saying that someone got fleeced for getting that much for one player. I can see some team situations where it would make sense, and some others in which I would keep Graham, but fleeced when you got five 1st round picks, an upgradte at QB1, and a reasonable starter to replace Graham is going way too far.

It's incredibly absurd if that trade got vetoed though.

It was vetoed because the trading party had not paid there buy in yet. Commissioner does not like teams trading picks that have not paid yet I guess.

I have a had time saying that someone got fleeced for getting that much for one player. I can see some team situations where it would make sense, and some others in which I would keep Graham, but fleeced when you got five 1st round picks, an upgradte at QB1, and a reasonable starter to replace Graham is going way too far.

It was vetoed because the trading party had not paid there buy in yet. Commissioner does not like teams trading picks that have not paid yet I guess.

Lucky you, now you can (and should) get more

Really? 4 first rounders, Romo and Olsen and you're saying "fleeced" That's nuts. Put some names on those picks and I like the trade, especially if it's a weak team.

1.01 can be Bernard/Bell/Austin, whichever is preferred.

1.06 can be Lacy/Patterson/Ball/Hopkins, at least 2 of those 4 will be available

1.10 is Eifert/Allen/Michael/Woods, at least 2 of those 4 will be available

1.14 is the above four and throw in Lattimore, Hunter, Wheaton

as a random selection would I take: Bernard/Hopkins/Michael/Lattimore/Romo/Olsen for Graham? I think that's pretty fair, it's certainly not a fleecing in my eyes anyway.

For me it would depend on my team and situation but it's in no way a terrible deal.

Just made a trade out of need in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues. Curious if you guys think the value was fair or did I overpay? We start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex at rb/wr/te

I gave: E. Sanders, Kendall Hunter

I got: Cook, Texans D ( I needed a D)

Roster:

Brees, Locker
Richardson, Bell, D. Richardson, DeAngelo, Stewart, J. Rodgers, Tolbert
Julio, Nicks, Garon, Hilton, Patterson, Wayne, Boyce, Bailey, Hawkins
Olsen, Cook, H. Miller

Texans D

Last edited by a moderator:
14 Team - NO PPR

Not a big trade but needed to move someone to clear roster spot for my rookie pick

Gave: Turbin

Got: 2nd Round Rookie Pick 2014 (should be top 3)

12 team ppr - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team N acquired

Kaepernick, Colin QB SF

Streater, Rod WR OAK

Team F acquired

Decker, Eric WR DEN

Romo, Tony QB DAL
Awful.
Decker was a top 10 WR last year and Romo was top 3-5 over the 2nd half of the season. In a start 3, with a flex, I wouldn't call this a bad trade. I like Kaepernick, but he's not an above average dynasty QB1 yet.
I assumed he was on the Romo/Decker side.Which just goes to show that it's not "awful".

Team N acquired

Kaepernick, Colin QB SF

Streater, Rod WR OAK

Team F acquired

Decker, Eric WR DEN

Romo, Tony QB DAL
Awful.
Decker was a top 10 WR last year and Romo was top 3-5 over the 2nd half of the season. In a start 3, with a flex, I wouldn't call this a bad trade. I like Kaepernick, but he's not an above average dynasty QB1 yet.
I assumed he was on the Romo/Decker side.Which just goes to show that it's not "awful".
It's a really fair trade (in redraft only).

Depends on your stance on Decker, I suppose, and I know you're not very high on him. I'd take Kaepernick too, as he's the biggest part in the deal. But I wouldn't say it's a bad trade. The new Decker owner could certainly have improved his team over the next few years.

Team N acquiredKaepernick, Colin QB SFStreater, Rod WR OAK

Team F acquiredDecker, Eric WR DENRomo, Tony QB DAL
Awful.
Romo could produce as a QB1 for a few more years, depending on how he ages, and opinions vary widely on Decker. Still not awful.

JustinHawkins said:
Just made a trade out of need in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues. Curious if you guys think the value was fair or did I overpay? We start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex at rb/wr/te

Roster:

Brees, Locker

Olsen, Cook, H. Miller

Texans D
I'm low on Sanders and high on Cook. I like it, though some won't. Why did you 'need' a defense? Are they hoarded?

JustinHawkins said:

Roster:

Brees, Locker

Olsen, Cook, H. Miller

Texans D
I think it's a good deal regardless of need. When you consider that Sanders was your WR7 and Hunter your RB6 and you got your TE2 and DEF1 it's an excellent deal!

Made another trade this morning, a different 12 team PPR dynasty league.

I gave: Big Ben, D. Richardson, Pead, Lattimore, 1st in 2014

I got: Dalton, Cruz, A. Brown

Update Roster;

RG3, Dalton

Martin, Miller, Wilson, A. Brown

Julio, Cruz, Fitz, Jennings, Givens, Wright, Boyce, Bailey, Hawkins
Oslen, F. Davis, Housler

This was a startup last year. I traded away my 1st during the start up draft, which ended up being the 1.1 pick this year. Praying I didn't just give up the 1.1 pick again! Although it should be a quick turn around thanks to Miller and Wilson being start worthy this year.

Made another trade this morning, a different 12 team PPR dynasty league.

I gave: Big Ben, D. Richardson, Pead, Lattimore, 1st in 2014

I got: Dalton, Cruz, A. Brown

Update Roster;

RG3, Dalton

Martin, Miller, Wilson, A. Brown

Julio, Cruz, Fitz, Jennings, Givens, Wright, Boyce, Bailey, Hawkins

Oslen, F. Davis, Housler

This was a startup last year. I traded away my 1st during the start up draft, which ended up being the 1.1 pick this year. Praying I didn't just give up the 1.1 pick again! Although it should be a quick turn around thanks to Miller and Wilson being start worthy this year.
Very good trade for you. A bargain for Cruz.

Team A gets:

Gordon

Hillman

Team B gets:

Harvin
PPR? Start 3 WR?

This is pretty good value for Harvin, right now. I'd likely still take Harvin, as I am not sold on Hillman. But, again, pretty good pull for a guy who will likely have missed 23 of his last 32 games, the next time he plays.

I just completed the following trade in my 16 team dynasty:

I gave:

Colin Kaepernick

Heath Miller

I received:

Sam Bradford

Greg Little

Julius Thomas

2014 Round 2 pick

2014 Round 3 pick

E2A: I wanted a 1st round pick but the owner shyes from it. I have Luck on my dev roster and Flacco active, so I had the freedom to move Kaep. I probably could have got more had I waited for Kaep to further validate his value but I really wanted Julius and feel like the trade favored me as is.

I gave:

Colin Kaepernick

Heath Miller

I received:

Sam Bradford

Greg Little

Julius Thomas

2014 Round 2 pick

2014 Round 3 pick

E2A: I wanted a 1st round pick but the owner shyes from it. I have Luck on my dev roster and Flacco active, so I had the freedom to move Kaep. I probably could have got more had I waited for Kaep to further validate his value but I really wanted Julius and feel like the trade favored me as is.
Give me Kap and Miller by a mile. I have no faith in Little and those picks are very high risk gambles, and Thomas might as well be another 2nd round pick

I gave:

Colin Kaepernick

Heath Miller

I received:

Sam Bradford

Greg Little

Julius Thomas

2014 Round 2 pick

2014 Round 3 pick

Give me Kap and Miller by a mile. I have no faith in Little and those picks are very high risk gambles, and Thomas might as well be another 2nd round pick
A month ago I would have agreed with you. I'm starting to warm up to Bradford, he was a 1.1 pick afterall. Hitting his 3rd season and had a decent season last year. Fisher is a proven coach and never once bit on RGIII or Luck after taking the reigns. Kaep could be super elite and I'm losing that upside but Bradford has better than average upside as well. Miller will turn 31 this year and TEs tend to age more like RBs than like WRs. He's also coming off ACL along with a season ender 2 years ago. I don't think Miller has begun practicing yet. There's nothing but downside for Miller, imo, which makes him a throwaway.

So while you could argue that I lost some at QB, keep in mind, I do have Luck for the foreseeable future and now Bradford and Flacco. I gain a potential stud at TE in a TE premium league. I've now targeted and acquired Little in both my dynasty leagues. I have been a vocal advocate of the upside in Little. He has elite metrics and seemed to have turned the corner the last 7 games or so last season. He has only 2 years in the league, going into season 3, a new offensive coordinator in Norv Turner who likes to feature big/physical WRs in the passing game. For his price, Little is extremely undervalued. I see him as a better and more valuable asset than Miller.

I essentially view the trade as me getting Bradford + 2nd & 3rd round picks = Kaepernick. Julius Thomas + Greg Little > Heath Miller. He's getting one boom/bust player while I'm getting 3 young players, all with elite potential and 2 lottery tickets for potential studs.

Rhythmdoctor said:
msudaisy26 said:
Rhythmdoctor said:

I gave:

Colin Kaepernick

Heath Miller

I received:

Sam Bradford

Greg Little

Julius Thomas

2014 Round 2 pick

2014 Round 3 pick

A month ago I would have agreed with you. I'm starting to warm up to Bradford, he was a 1.1 pick afterall. Hitting his 3rd season and had a decent season last year. Fisher is a proven coach and never once bit on RGIII or Luck after taking the reigns. Kaep could be super elite and I'm losing that upside but Bradford has better than average upside as well. Miller will turn 31 this year and TEs tend to age more like RBs than like WRs. He's also coming off ACL along with a season ender 2 years ago. I don't think Miller has begun practicing yet. There's nothing but downside for Miller, imo, which makes him a throwaway.

So while you could argue that I lost some at QB, keep in mind, I do have Luck for the foreseeable future and now Bradford and Flacco. I gain a potential stud at TE in a TE premium league. I've now targeted and acquired Little in both my dynasty leagues. I have been a vocal advocate of the upside in Little. He has elite metrics and seemed to have turned the corner the last 7 games or so last season. He has only 2 years in the league, going into season 3, a new offensive coordinator in Norv Turner who likes to feature big/physical WRs in the passing game. For his price, Little is extremely undervalued. I see him as a better and more valuable asset than Miller.

I essentially view the trade as me getting Bradford + 2nd & 3rd round picks = Kaepernick. Julius Thomas + Greg Little > Heath Miller. He's getting one boom/bust player while I'm getting 3 young players, all with elite potential and 2 lottery tickets for potential studs.
I'm a supporter of Little and all but that still seems very cheap to upgrade from Bradford to Kaep. If Little or Thomas break out then it's a good deal but I'm not holding my breath for either of them.

msudaisy26 said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
you guys are way over valuing Harvin, got a feeling he's going to go down as one of those "what if" players.
Can you please tell us more about these feeling so we can all adjust our draft boards?
The feeling that he may not even hit 1000 total yards over two seasons.

FUBAR said:
ongoing draft, made a few moves...

1.02 for 1.04, 3.01, 2014 2nd

1.04, 2014 2nd for Hakeem Nicks

2.06 for 2.12, 3.12, 4.08

12 team league

I'm building and needed a WR1

Current roster:

QB: Luck, Locker, Bradford

RB: Martin, Spiller, LeShoure

WR: Nicks, Blackmon, Gordon, K. Wright, Kerley, Lafell, McCluster, J Wright

TE: Allen, Cameron, Keller

K: Walsh, Zuerlein

D: Cardinals, Vikings

Still need depth at RB, but otherwise I'm liking the future here.
No thoughts on these?

Justin hunter fell to 2.06, so I'm kicking myself lightly for that one. I took Stepfan Taylor with the 2.12, still in mid third round.

12 Team PPR

Can start 1-3 RBs & 1-3 WRs

Had

CJ3

Greene

Lacy

Tate

Blount

Dez

AJ Green

Fitz

James Jones

Kerley

Hill

Randle

Dobson

Boyce

I traded AJ Green & Seattle D for Doug Martin & Cincinnati D

12 Team PPR

Had

CJ3

Greene

Lacy

Tate

Blount

Dez

AJ Green

Fitz

James Jones

Kerley

Hill

Randle

Dobson

Boyce

I would never give up AJ Green for Martin in a 1RB-required league.

12 Team PPR

Had

CJ3

Greene

Lacy

Tate

Blount

Dez

AJ Green

Fitz

James Jones

Kerley

Hill

Randle

Dobson

Boyce

I would never give up AJ Green for Martin in a 1RB-required league.
I originally declined the offer, after thinking about it for a couple days I offered it back. My reasoning is if Johnson is injured or on his bye week I could very well be screwed at RB. Both near the top of their respective positions, only 1 WR required as well & I have more prospects at WR. Plus now I can start James Jones who is more of a sure thing at this point than my alternatives would have been if I didn't make the trade.

Team A gave: [WR ARI] Larry Fitzgerald and [RB OAK] Darren McFadden

Team B gave: [WR GBP] Randall Cobb

Users who are viewing this thread