What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3rd Official Free For All Chess Tournament- Round 6 Posted (2 Viewers)

Sorry I missed the sign up. I enjoyed the last one and think I have improved. Hope to be in in the next one

A couple of corrections to the usernames in the first post. I'm actually jweldy and wyld is actually wyldstallyns.

Invite sent.

Joe T, you made 2 moves yesterday, and 1 move so far today. You need to explain what's going on and why it will be better shortly, or I'm going to have to remove you from the tournament, sorry. Don't want to be a jerk about it, but at this rate the first round will take forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe T, you made 2 moves yesterday, and 1 move so far today. You need to explain what's going on and why it will be better shortly, or I'm going to have to remove you from the tournament, sorry. Don't want to be a jerk about it, but at this rate the first round will take forever.
what is the acceptable minimum requirement for weekend moves?

actually none. But he started the game and then made only 2 more moves in 28 hours. Not a good sign. But I will wait until tomorrow before doing anything.

Link to rules of the tournament?

Link to rules of the tournament?
All I ask is that once a game starts, you make your moves fairly quickly. If you're unable to do that, then please explain why and that's all anyone needs. for instance, a simple "Sorry I won't be able to make any moves for a couple of days" and that's fine, but no moves in 24 hours and no explanation bothers me, because we had this problem last time out, and I was forced to kick out a few people to keep the thing running smoothly.

actually none. But he started the game and then made only 2 more moves in 28 hours. Not a good sign. But I will wait until tomorrow before doing anything.
Jesus dude, ####ing relax.

Joe T started playing tonight so we're all good. And I apologized to him.

I don't like to be a jerk about this stuff, but my experience is that somebody always flakes out in the first round. In our last tournament, IIRC 3 people flaked in the first round, and it caused me no end of problems trying to reschedule. After the first round it usually goes much more smoothly.

I don't like to be a jerk about this stuff, but my experience is that somebody always flakes out in the first round. In our last tournament, IIRC 3 people flaked in the first round, and it caused me no end of problems trying to reschedule. After the first round it usually goes much more smoothly.
Then post rules about required moves per day.

Then post rules about required moves per day.
I don't need to do that. It would be too strict if I did. Once you start a game, either keep playing it, or if your going to take a long break, either notify your opponent or this thread. That's all I ask.

Just saw this had started. I'll send the invite for my game to rajincajun shortly.

Just saw this had started. I'll send the invite for my game to rajincajun shortly.
Player not found :( Rajin, I tried both with and without a capital "r". Can you recheck your chesstime username?

Eta: found him. He uses a "g" in place of the first "j" in chesstime. R.I.F.

I'm not sure how my access will be during the day. Work wifi may give the app problems.

charvik vs. VA703 (1-0)

kutta vs. shuke in progress

Psychopav vs. rajincajun in progress

Joe T vs. timschochet (0-1)

joffer vs, AAABatteries in progress

Unialias vs. EddieSpaghetti (1-0)

nysfl2 vs. Wyld Stallions in progress

Sand vs. Bogart in progress

Abraham- 1 point bye

Please post results as soon as they occur.

Unless we get one more person to sign up, there will be a half point bye every round. It will be awarded randomly to one of the people with the lowest scores. No one will ever have more than one half point bye.

Psychopav said:
Psychopav said:
Player not found :( Rajin, I tried both with and without a capital "r". Can you recheck your chesstime username?

Eta: found him. He uses a "g" in place of the first "j" in chesstime. R.I.F.

I'm not sure how my access will be during the day. Work wifi may give the app problems.
Take your time GB. I am off from a tonsilectomy and on liquid pain meds so you should have no problems.

timschochet said:
charvik vs. VA703 (1-0)

Abraham- 1 point bye

Unless we get one more person to sign up, there will be a half point bye every round. It will be awarded randomly to one of the people with the lowest scores. No one will ever have more than one half point bye.
Bump. Updates?

timschochet said:
charvik vs. VA703 (1-0)

Abraham- 1 point bye

Bump. Updates?
Nearing the end

timschochet said:
charvik vs. VA703 (1-0)

Abraham- 1 point bye

Bump. Updates?
Progressing . . . playing mostly in the evenings. Fun game so far.

Joffer v AAA (1-0)

We had a decent match going and I made a colossal blunder that killed my chances and ruined the game.

charvik vs. VA703 (1-0)

Abraham- 1 point bye

Bump. Updates?
We're on move 10. Centre Game opening, castled on opposite sides. Should be wild and woolly. White is down a pawn, so I have my work cut out for me.

Just coming across this thread. I'll play if you still need people. If Abraham wanted to try to run through a quick game for Round 1 I'd be up for that, otherwise can join in for Round 2. My Chess Time username is also andyjayhawker.

Users who are viewing this thread