What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***ALCS Texas Rangers v New York Yankees*** (1 Viewer)

Pick a winner please

• Rangers in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rangers in 5

• Rangers in 6

• Rangers in 7

• Yankees in 4

• Yankees in 5

• Yankees in 6

• Yankees in 7

• Total voters
plus you get Hughes at home instead of on the road
Hughes ERA...2010:Home 4.66Away 3.47Career:Home 4.53Away 3.82
Playoffs are a different bag though.I think I'd still prefer to throw him in front of a favorable home crowd.
Yeah, let's not let things like stats get in the way.And love how everyone is set on CC pitching every third day even after what happened to him in game one. I guess 200 million dollars can't get you 4 decent starters anymore.

plus you get Hughes at home instead of on the road
Hughes ERA...2010:Home 4.66Away 3.47Career:Home 4.53Away 3.82
Playoffs are a different bag though.I think I'd still prefer to throw him in front of a favorable home crowd.
Yeah, let's not let things like stats get in the way.And love how everyone is set on CC pitching every third day even after what happened to him in game one. I guess 200 million dollars can't get you 4 decent starters anymore.
Hughes is 15-5 so far with a 4.07 ERA in the new Yankee stadium. (not off the charts, but certainly not bad numbers) Considering it was his 2nd career start in the playoffs, I would have pitched him there instead of on the road in front of a hostile crowd. I'd trust the veteran Pettite on the road. Considering the fact that Hughes got lit up like a Christmas tree, its not an unreasonable scenario to propose.One bad game from CC doesn't mean he's going to have another one. (he might, but it certainly doesn't mean he will) The guy was a horse all last post season on 3 days rest. If you can pitch him 3 times in a series, you do it, regardless of who else you have (within reason). I'm putting the odds of Texas winning the series at like 90% at this point. I can't imagine how hostile and angry Rangers fans will be if they actually LOSE it.

:lmao: perfect Yankee fan stereotype on display there.
that was embarrassing but clearly hit the top of the fence.
ball could have been caught... toolbag fan grabbed the glove..
Embarrasment! WTF?! Review that! Fat boy swatted the glove. It's overt. It's obvious. Yankess always get away with ####. Pathetic.
:wall: awful lack of balls by the umpires there... ball really could have been caught.. I've seen deeper HRs stolen by outfielders.. :confused:

I thought Derek Holland should have started this game all along. Hunter has average to below average stuff and his secondary numbers have sucked all year. Rangers' bats are going to have to show up big tonight if they're going to win.

After seeing that fan interference play again, it wasn't so much the d-bag that thought he could take Cruz outside (the bar). It was that huge guy who was worse; he actually went to grab the glove, clearly on purpose. Did Yankee Officials do anything about it? He should be tossed (wheeled) out of there for sure.

After seeing that fan interference play again, it wasn't so much the d-bag that thought he could take Cruz outside (the bar). It was that huge guy who was worse; he actually went to grab the glove, clearly on purpose. Did Yankee Officials do anything about it? He should be tossed (wheeled) out of there for sure.
both stupid punks that i wouldnt mind smacking more than you think.

since it didn't end up mattering, fat guy robbing the foul ball from Gardner is pretty funny. That guy is gonna catch #### for the rest of his fat life.

Of course, after Teixiera's season probably ending, it isn't so funny anymore.

Does Girardi catch the heat for this?
You mean keeping AJ in for the 6th? I dunno. Seems like hindsight to me. I didnt hear anyone protesting him being out there on the broadcast. If Molina gets a hit hes gone. It just so happened he hit a HR.

Does Girardi catch the heat for this?
5.2 of 2 ER ball would let Burnett walk off to a nice ovation. Boone Logan is on the roster for lefty's only. Throw him against Murphy and roll the dice with the match up. Of course that is easy to say now, but it isn't like Logan is automatic against Hamilton.

this series is over. Not a mush attempt. Yanks are lifeless at the plate and their pitching sux. Not saying Im shocked as they played horrible from August on.

Hang on Texas. Don't know, always feel like Yankees at home are the favorite when they're down by three in the 7th. God I hate them!

Congrats Texas, you seemed like you wanted this one more. Good team playing great at the right time, good luck in the series, Nolan Ryan is a good man, I hope he wins one.

Rangers vs. Giants how many saw this World Series happening? On a side note the Cliff Lee vs. Lincecum game will be awesome to watch barring the Rangers win the AL which has about a 90% chance of happening and the Giants win the NL(hoping this doesn't happen as I have a lot of money riding on the PHillies).

Rangers vs. Giants how many saw this World Series happening? On a side note the Cliff Lee vs. Lincecum game will be awesome to watch barring the Rangers win the AL which has about a 90% chance of happening and the Giants win the NL(hoping this doesn't happen as I have a lot of money riding on the PHillies).
the phillies are down 2-1. relax

Users who are viewing this thread