What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coach Frank Reich (1 Viewer)

Payne

Footballguy
This is more than about Taylor.

You have a QB with two sprained ankles and you give Taylor 4 carries?? 4.

He has lost the Colts more than a few games with this mentality. It's inexcusable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve never seen a team fall this badly, this quickly. I actually like their defense however. As much of a debacle the Wentz and Ryan experience has been, Ballard has done very well with the defensive moves and picks. I thought Nelson and Kelly were good picks on the OL, even if the OL sucks right now. Just a couple of years ago the OL was considered top 3 in the league, but I knew they had pass blocking issues back then and was a better run blocking unit

The Colts need to find a good young coach and kick the dinosaurs to the curb. Sorry if that discriminates all the AARP folks out there.

Bench the QB
Fire the Coach
What next?
Bench which qb? The one they already benched or his backup?
Give Foles a go.
I say this more as an insult to the Colts in general.
Oh I know. Hence the laugh react. I thought Ryan = Rivers before the year started and boy was I off on how disappointing that ended up.
Remember when Ryan was good enough to win MVP? Me neither.

Bench the QB
Fire the Coach
What next?
Bench which qb? The one they already benched or his backup?
Give Foles a go.
I say this more as an insult to the Colts in general.
Oh I know. Hence the laugh react. I thought Ryan = Rivers before the year started and boy was I off on how disappointing that ended up.
Remember when Ryan was good enough to win MVP? Me neither.
I thought that what we Wentz could do, Ryan could do better. He was actually worse.

Did Reich hold the Front Office hostage to sign Wentz and Ryan? Was he the architect of all that?
I thought Indy was doing pretty well prior to Wentz and they almost made the Playoffs with Wentz.
Hw does Reich make them less competitive and directly impact the Defense?

Did Reich hold the Front Office hostage to sign Wentz and Ryan? Was he the architect of all that?
I thought Indy was doing pretty well prior to Wentz and they almost made the Playoffs with Wentz.
Hw does Reich make them less competitive and directly impact the Defense?
He was the reason why the Colts traded for Wentz. And apologized to Irsay after the Wentz situation blew up.

Dunno whose idea it was to bring in Ryan.

Honestly pretty shocked they canned him. If this isn't just an overreaction to 1 game, from a very fickle owner, then they should have been way bigger sellers at the deadline then just Hines.

Reich should have very little trouble getting an OC job next year if he wants it.

As for Indy, its hard to imagine it gets any better this season. Maybe whenever Taylor gets healthy, they will at least have a running game, but the passing game is DOA, and that's the case pretty much regardless of QB.

ETA: They are still in 2nd place in their division, and have a win over KC. Just feels like an overreaction, and I'm not even a Reich fan. Why they went with Ehligner is a mystery, that has yet to be answered in a way that makes any sense, but that wasn't Reich's decision I've heard.

While it was obvious his time was up when you fired your OC last week I just wonder what you have to gain by firing him now? What's happening in Indy is not as bad as all the coaching dismissals in Carolina but at a point you are just losing coaching manpower that is not getting replaced during the season and I don't get the benefit of that to be honest. Understand these teams are going nowhere this season but still have to put a product on the field and develop your players. To be clear I understand firing the HC, I just don't understand doing that along with key assistants.

"We're into plural Head Coaches and that's what we're pursuing . . . I'll be damned if we don't go out and get them"

J. Irsay

Honestly pretty shocked they canned him. If this isn't just an overreaction to 1 game, from a very fickle owner, then they should have been way bigger sellers at the deadline then just Hines.

Reich should have very little trouble getting an OC job next year if he wants it.

As for Indy, its hard to imagine it gets any better this season. Maybe whenever Taylor gets healthy, they will at least have a running game, but the passing game is DOA, and that's the case pretty much regardless of QB.

ETA: They are still in 2nd place in their division, and have a win over KC. Just feels like an overreaction, and I'm not even a Reich fan. Why they went with Ehligner is a mystery, that has yet to be answered in a way that makes any sense, but that wasn't Reich's decision I've heard.
Agree with you but it's Irsay. There's ultimately your problem.

He's incensed he can't find his new Andrew Luck/Manning and get immediate results.

Obviously benching Ryan (as bad as he was / is better than what Ehlinger's doing) was an Irsay call. Guessing Wentz (who was better than Ryan & obviously Ehlinger) was too because of that bad Jacksonville game Week 17.

Overreaction? I think not since he's in his 5th season and has 1 playoff win to show for it.

Pretty sure that's more than enough time to do much better. Team is also regressing, especially offensively. Changes needed to be made, and firing the OC was not the only fix.

Figured it wouldn’t be until their BYE for another month. Now just need Taylor to get healthy to salvage some of his fantasy season this year. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if they throw him on IR and go full-on tank instead of subtle tank when benching Ryan.

Obviously benching Ryan (as bad as he was / is better than what Ehlinger's doing) was an Irsay call. Guessing Wentz (who was better than Ryan & obviously Ehlinger) was too because of that bad Jacksonville game Week 17.
I think you hit the nail on the head here.

That was super ugly yesterday but also entirely predictable. I know Ehlinger is not technically a rookie but he's like one and I think Bill is 13-0 at home vs rookie QB's. Most of them lopsided and almost all of those games against first round pedigreed QB's. It's like Irsay forced him into starting Ehlinger and fired him over the results.

This is the crazy part. Not a Reich fan, either, but if Ehligner was forced on him how do you fire the guy after a game without Taylor when they're in 2nd place with a win over KC?

Helped the Eagles win their only Super Bowl in 2016 as their OC, you might remember that play where they threw it to the QB in the Super Bowl

Reich will be hired as an OC some where if he wants to coach.

Good man, hard situation he ended up in.
Took the job in 2018
Andrew Luck retires in 2019
Merry Go Round at QB form that point

Overreaction? I think not since he's in his 5th season and has 1 playoff win to show for it.

Pretty sure that's more than enough time to do much better. Team is also regressing, especially offensively. Changes needed to be made, and firing the OC was not the only fix.
Then they should have fired him in the offseason. What is to be gained by doing it now?

Ultimately the problem is ownership. I've never been a huge Reich fan, I've always thought he was grossly overrated and got WAY too much credit for the Eagles Super Bowl win. But in a season where they've been missing their best offensive player, some OL starters, and their best defensive player for almost the entire year, it just seems a little pointless to fire Reich to me.

This is the crazy part. Not a Reich fan, either, but if Ehligner was forced on him how do you fire the guy after a game without Taylor when they're in 2nd place with a win over KC?
We're talking about an owner who was arrested with drugs and a large sum of cash on him
Anyone that thinks Jim Irsay isn't on at least some prescription medication is fooling themselves, he has no patience
He did get the ball rolling on Snyder's exit from the NFL, I'll thank him for that but he's no angel.

These days I'm not one for firing an NFL coach during the season. Other sports maybe (NBA, NHL, MLB). With football the Xs and Os matter too much, and there's nothing to be gained. So when it happens I assume it's mostly an Owner or GM making a media statement it's not their own fault.

Then they should have fired him in the offseason. What is to be gained by doing it now?

Ultimately the problem is ownership. I've never been a huge Reich fan, I've always thought he was grossly overrated and got WAY too much credit for the Eagles Super Bowl win. But in a season where they've been missing their best offensive player, some OL starters, and their best defensive player for almost the entire year, it just seems a little pointless to fire Reich to me.
I would have done it after the loss to the Jags last season, so I'm with you on that. I guess Irsay had seen enough and reacted. I mean seriously the team was dreadful to watch, aside from a pretty solid D.

Users who are viewing this thread