What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coach Frank Reich (2 Viewers)

Feel like Reich is a good coach, but just ALWAYS picks the wrong QB.

Then he brings in Phillip Rivers. Flop.
Philip only played one year for the Colts, and they went 11-5. They lost in the Wildcard Round in the playoffs, but I don't consider that season a flop.
True. I guess I mean "wasn't the long term answer at qb". Has any coach had more starting QBs? Going into his last 6 seasons, these were his staring QBs:

2018 Luck
2019 Brisette
2020 Rivers
2021 Wentz
2022 Ryan
2023 Young

Yikes. Honestly thought after his stint with the Eagles he'd be a great HC - highly unlikely he gets another shot now. Maybe he's just better suited as an OC.

Between his MLS and NFL teams, David Tepper has fired 4 head coaches in the last 18 months
The second they showed him on the screen on that nationally televised game, and he was watching himself on the screen, and you could see the anger, you knew Reich was cooked.

This is a team I am trying to stay away from in dynasty

Between his MLS and NFL teams, David Tepper has fired 4 head coaches in the last 18 months
The second they showed him on the screen on that nationally televised game, and he was watching himself on the screen, and you could see the anger, you knew Reich was cooked.

This is a team I am trying to stay away from in dynasty

When I read the story about him buying his old bosses’ house for $43.5m (in the Hamptons, fm the guy’s ex-wife) just so he could tear it down, I knew this guy would wreck the franchise.

When I read the story about him buying his old bosses’ house for $43.5m (in the Hamptons, fm the guy’s ex-wife) just so he could tear it down, I knew this guy would wreck the franchise.
When he took over, they tried to replace the Keep Pounding chants in Carolina, with the Matthew McConaughey chest thumping routine from Wolf of Wall Street. They would show the scene on the screen, and claim it was a tradition. UT does this, but MM is a Texas super-fan, and he's usually there.

Just the cringiest hedge fund bro thing I have heard of, and I have heard of a few.

Carolina doing Reich a favor. That's a **** show there. They don't even get the benefit of receiving the #1 pick. I've never seen a team trade away the #1 overall pick from a previous season.

Reich didn't deserve this but he is much better off separating from this awful situation. Tepper is like an angry Dan Snyder.

This doesn't even get into his broken promises around the Charlotte FC facility at Eastland or the failed Panthers HQ in Rock Hill that resulted in a half-built structure being torn down along with bankruptcy claims/competing lawsuits.

This doesn't even get into his broken promises around the Charlotte FC facility at Eastland or the failed Panthers HQ in Rock Hill that resulted in a half-built structure being torn down along with bankruptcy claims/competing lawsuits.

Another prime example of David Tepper's insanity.
Yeah, that is what I was referring to in the second half of that statement. They have since torn down that structure.

Another prime example of David Tepper's insanity.
Yeah, that is what I was referring to in the second half of that statement. They have since torn down that structure.

What else could they do with it since it was a purpose built development. Somehow he was able to shift that Into bankruptcy.

2nd richest owner in the league, right?

When he took over, they tried to replace the Keep Pounding chants in Carolina, with the Matthew McConaughey chest thumping routine from Wolf of Wall Street. They would show the scene on the screen, and claim it was a tradition. UT does this, but MM is a Texas super-fan, and he's usually there.

Just the cringiest hedge fund bro thing I have heard of, and I have heard of a few.
When you have a city comprised of a lot of transplants and a franchise that is among the youngest in the NFL, you definitely make sure to shun what little culture you've built. They teach that in Investment Banking 101.

Meh.

A bunch of things can be true. He can be a bad coach, and the ownership can suck, and the QB might suck.
Pretty sure the first two are true. Jury has to still be out on Young. He should not be playing behind an offensive line so bad; he is getting worse.

Seems like a solid guy but there has not been a head coach in the NFL since the beginning of last season who just seemed more tired to me then Frank and I felt that showed in his team(s). I know, that's not much of a scouting profile or deep intel on my part to just say a guy looked tired, but everything about him just gave off a low energy vibe and again so did his team(s).

Seems like a solid guy but there has not been a head coach in the NFL since the beginning of last season who just seemed more tired to me then Frank and I felt that showed in his team(s). I know, that's not much of a scouting profile or deep intel on my part to just say a guy looked tired, but everything about him just gave off a low energy vibe and again so did his team(s).
Feels like he has been aging fast. Looks tired and a lot greyer.

You blow the number one pick that badly heads have to roll. This isn't going to help but people need to lose their jobs over it.
The story is Reich wanted Stroud. Young was Tepper’s decision.

Being 1-10 and not having your first round pick is incredibly grim. Yikes.
And CJ Stroud is tearing it up as a Rookie, they are starting to use the name/term "Neo"- Matrix to describe him.
-I'm not sure I would use that word but he's been very impressive

If true, Tepper is possibly the worst owner in the NFL and his meddlesome ways are putting the team years behind.
I thought Houston was a dumpster fire the last couple years, Panthers are giving them a run for their money
I would say Houston has definitely taken a big step in the right direction this yea.r

Tepper could not ait to fire Rivera and instill his guy, that lasted all of about 2 years
Hires Frank Reich who wants Stroud which turns out to likely be the right QB out of the '23 class and Tepper's ego can't handle it, decides to fire him 12 weeks into his 1st season.
Carolina beat Houston of all the teams they had a lone win against.

Tepper watching the #1 pick sit in Chicago's hands is killing him but it's his fault for wanting to leap from 8 to 1 in the draft.

Reich's tenure at Carolina ended with an NFL-worst 1-10 record -- including an 0-6 mark on the road. He also becomes the first NFL head coach since the 1970 merger to be fired in back-to-back seasons after last year's dismissal from the Indianapolis Colts.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38991151/carolina-panthers-fire-head-coach-frank-reich
Maybe the Third Reich tenure will be better?
oh boy. godwin's law indeed.

We will never know. He got hired by Irsay then Tepper, and chose Wentz in IND, and Young in CAR.

Young was a Tepper call? Well, then Reich should not have even taken that job. Frank Reich gets no mulligans from me because he SUPPOSEDLY preferred Stroud.

Reich knew what Tepper was. He gets 9 million to go away, and THAT is why he took the job.

People talking about Ben Johnson, oh man, if Johnson I'd remotely smart, why would he even discuss? (The answer is money).

More heads rolling were Josh McCown and Duce Staley. They were hot coaching names so will be interesting to see if their momentum is derailed or just chalked up to a wacko owner.

Reich is like Jim Caldwell (now advising in Carolina) and some others. A fine OC but clearly there's an issue he won't admit to that is preventing him from being a good coach.

It's weird to see people defensive about him. Panthers look like a mirror of his Colts. There's little doubt it's something he does

More heads rolling were Josh McCown and Duce Staley. They were hot coaching names so will be interesting to see if their momentum is derailed or just chalked up to a wacko owner.
Chalked up to the owner, until they have a bad 4 game stretch, and then the fans will bring it up.

Last edited:
You blow the number one pick that badly heads have to roll. This isn't going to help but people need to lose their jobs over it.
The story is Reich wanted Stroud. Young was Tepper’s decision.

Being 1-10 and not having your first round pick is incredibly grim. Yikes.
And CJ Stroud is tearing it up as a Rookie, they are starting to use the name/term "Neo"- Matrix to describe him.
-I'm not sure I would use that word but he's been very impressive

If true, Tepper is possibly the worst owner in the NFL and his meddlesome ways are putting the team years behind.
I thought Houston was a dumpster fire the last couple years, Panthers are giving them a run for their money
I would say Houston has definitely taken a big step in the right direction this yea.r

Tepper could not ait to fire Rivera and instill his guy, that lasted all of about 2 years
Hires Frank Reich who wants Stroud which turns out to likely be the right QB out of the '23 class and Tepper's ego can't handle it, decides to fire him 12 weeks into his 1st season.
Carolina beat Houston of all the teams they had a lone win against.

Tepper watching the #1 pick sit in Chicago's hands is killing him but it's his fault for wanting to leap from 8 to 1 in the draft.
To be fair to Young, even Stroud would struggle behind Carolina's OL. It's bad. Very, very bad. The WR room is nearly as bad. They will need to invest their remaining 2024 picks in the OL and try to get a diamond in the rough WRs with some speed.

Tepper's a clown. What did he expect this team to be? And now you're going to hire a coach and saddle him with a QB he had no initial investment in? He's not even going to get the best candidates, who would go work for an owner like this?

Thank God Mark Davis is no longer the biggest donkey owning an NFL team.

Tepper's a clown. What did he expect this team to be? And now you're going to hire a coach and saddle him with a QB he had no initial investment in? He's not even going to get the best candidates, who would go work for an owner like this?

Thank God Mark Davis is no longer the biggest donkey owning an NFL team.
It's pretty easy to see why a young coach like Ben Johnson turned the job down last offseason.

Reich's tenure at Carolina ended with an NFL-worst 1-10 record -- including an 0-6 mark on the road. He also becomes the first NFL head coach since the 1970 merger to be fired in back-to-back seasons after last year's dismissal from the Indianapolis Colts.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38991151/carolina-panthers-fire-head-coach-frank-reich
Maybe the Third Reich tenure will be better?
Careful there you might offend someone. Not me however. It was clever.

This is probably the most dysfunctional franchise besides the Jets since Tepper took over and Snyder left the Redskins. Bad ownership leads to a lot of bad decisions by a GM who is either feeling the pressure to win or who gets overruled regarding personnel.

Has anyone put pen to paper on this, yet?
Math of Pain will be happy to add up all the loot Frank Reich has stolen in the last 12-18 months
This is one of the great robberies in American History

Colts-$36,000,000 $36 Million thru 2026
Panthers- $25,000/$25k a day for the next 3 years

How much money did Frank Reich steal?
MoP grand total is about $63 Million, that's 5x more than every member in Danny Ocean's crew when they knock over the Bellagio
Frank Ocean should be this guy's name
David Tepper plays Terry Benedict

Has anyone put pen to paper on this, yet?
Math of Pain will be happy to add up all the loot Frank Reich has stolen in the last 12-18 months
This is one of the great robberies in American History

Colts-$36,000,000 $36 Million thru 2026
Panthers- $25,000/$25k a day for the next 3 years

How much money did Frank Reich steal?
MoP grand total is about $63 Million, that's 5x more than every member in Danny Ocean's crew when they knock over the Bellagio
Frank Ocean should be this guy's name
David Tepper plays Terry Benedict
What on earth are you talking about?

I had commented yesterday that Frank has looked tired and low energy to me going back to last year.

Listened to a podcast yesterday after I said that, and Michael Lombardi was saying similar stuff-so I was not only one getting that vibe. Accoring to Lombardi after the Colts fired him, he moved to North Carolina and was ready to pretty much retire. Carolina came calling, they were impressed with him in the interview and everything seemed like a natural fit for him to take the job so he did. Lombardi was saying it's like he lost his fastball, his heart just did seem to be into it and again that's the vibe I got. He think Wentz broke his spirts and that timeline actually checks.

Frank already said yesterday he thinks this is the end of his NFL journey, maybe not coaching but NFL. My prediction is he's done coaching, and will be invigorated when he pursues something related to his faith, which is where I think his real passion is these days.

All I got to add is I don't blame Tepper for seeing this and moving on, though obviously should have seen it before they hired him. Just not the guy to spearhead a rebuild.

I had commented yesterday that Frank has looked tired and low energy to me going back to last year.

Listened to a podcast yesterday after I said that, and Michael Lombardi was saying similar stuff-so I was not only one getting that vibe. Accoring to Lombardi after the Colts fired him, he moved to North Carolina and was ready to pretty much retire. Carolina came calling, they were impressed with him in the interview and everything seemed like a natural fit for him to take the job so he did. Lombardi was saying it's like he lost his fastball, his heart just did seem to be into it and again that's the vibe I got. He think Wentz broke his spirts and that timeline actually checks.

Frank already said yesterday he thinks this is the end of his NFL journey, maybe not coaching but NFL. My prediction is he's done coaching, and will be invigorated when he pursues something related to his faith, which is where I think his real passion is these days.

All I got to add is I don't blame Tepper for seeing this and moving on, though obviously should have seen it before they hired him. Just not the guy to spearhead a rebuild.
Tepper should have immediately fired himself when he took Young over Stroud. Reich wanted Stroud and was overruled by Tepper, as was posted earlier.

Tepper should have immediately fired himself when he took Young over Stroud. Reich wanted Stroud and was overruled by Tepper, as was posted earlier.

Tepper should have fired himself when he traded up for the pick without being on the same page as the coach he just brought in.

Users who are viewing this thread