What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Chat With our Draftniks Matt Waldman and Sigmund Bloom Tonight D (3 Viewers)

Watching NFL Network continuously flip back to Ingram reminds of the draft with Brady Quinn....

Watkins is older and is Canadian, Baylor had an assistant coach who had ties to Canada whose name escapes me. I remember when they recruited him they thought they had a diamond in the rough and he proved to be so. Baylor hardly ever has great offensive lineman(Jason Smith the exception) but Watkins is athletic and versatile enough to play any position on the line. I was always impressed with his run blocking ability and actually think he would be a better guard in the NFL than tackle. I think Philly will try him at tackle and he's athletic enough and definitely used to an athletic QB in Robert Griffin who is faster than Vick at this point. Fellow players and coaches always talked about his intelligence and when I've heard him in interview I was always impressed with how bright he was, intelligence is definitely something you can't under-value in an offensive lineman and I think he'll pick the system up quick and be a consistent player that will prove to be a good pick for Philly.
Wonder how much input Howard Mudd had with this pick. Watkins seems like a Mudd type of Lineman.
That's a great point.

So possibly the first time in 30-40 years a RB doesn't go in 1st?

NE, GB and a trade up only options left?

LOTS of really good players, who could start this year given the uncertain FA situation, available well into tomorrow it seems

For what it's worth the fact that Ingram hasn't been selected shows how stupid some NFL teams are. I understand the value in RBs has definitely been on the decline but Ingram is going to be a productive back no matter where he goes. I don't get the NFL sometimes.

Baldwin is raw but I think he could be a great talent opposite Bowe. I like the way KC has been drafting with Pioli

Nice job of having to pay Smith less by Baltimore. I think he's going to get a nice visit from Big Daddy Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread