What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2015 Draft Prospects (4 Viewers)

Is there a consensus on the 2014 vs 2015 classes? Probably wandering too close to a WDIS question, but have to make a compensatory pick decision- I pick the year.
2014:

- much better at WR

- better at TE

2015:

- better at QB

- much better at RB
2015 can be just as good at TE. Ultimately hinges on the underclassmen declaring.
Is there a Ebron level TE who is draft eligible next year?
He will probably say Maxx Williams, but that's a bit of a hipster pick and IMO there isn't.

Not often you see a TE picked in the top 10. Bit of a blue moon. I wouldn't expect it again so soon.

There might be some speculation that OJ Howard could go that high in 2016. Long way off though.
Yes. Maxx Williams is my #1 TE for the 2015
OK, I may have been proven wrong.

Props to digging that up and taking ownership, we need more of that in these threads rather than other people only pulling that stuff out in a disagreement.

Maxx Williams was the real deal. And it wasn't just based on production. He has some serious skills. I would definitely rank him at or above Eric Ebron based on overall talent and skill.

"Hipster pick". LOL.

Rotoworld:

Louisville senior WR DeVante Parker caught eight passes for 144 yards and a touchdown in the school's 38-19 win over Boston College.

In the second quarter, Parker made a press corner look stupid with an inside to outside release for a 35 yard gain. He then left his feet for a 29 yard score later in the quarter. It took some time for Parker to work out the kinks, but we think he is back to 2013 form.

Nov 9 - 3:30 PM
CBS Sports' Rob Rang called Auburn junior WR Duke Williams the Tigers' "most reliable receiver."

Shots fired across the bow of Sammie Coates? Jokes aside, it wasn't funny when Williams was felled low on a catch. Williams stayed down for a while after hyperextending his knee, then took a set of crutches to the locker room. According to AL.com, Williams suffered a strained ligament in the knee and could possibly return by the end of the season. While Coates is the big name in the offense, Williams has become quarterback Nick Marshall's favorite target this season. He's made 38 catches for 609 yards and five touchdowns (all team bests). Rang wrote that Williams "is a well-built receiver who[se] impressive athleticism, body control and hands have caught scouts attention this season." Rang also called him a more consistent route-runner and pass-catcher than his more heralded teammate.

Source: CBS Sports
Nov 9 - 2:47 PM

Rotoworld:

Boise State redshirt junior RB Jay Ajayi rushed for 161 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 60-49 win over New Mexico.

Ajayi got his 161 yards on 31 carries. As he's been doing increasingly this season, Ajayi was also a big factor in the passing game. On Boise State's first possession, the senior caught a swing pass and took it 75 yards to the house. Ajayi's rushed for 1,146 yards and has scored 14 touchdowns thus far. He'll join a loaded RB class in the draft, where he could possibly be a second-day pick. It's been reported that some scouts like Ajayi more than former-Broncos runner Doug Martin.

Nov 9 - 5:40 PM
FSU senior WR Rashad Greene caught 13 passes for 136 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's win over Virginia.

Greene didn't catch anything longer than 22 yards, but a struggling Jameis Winston hit him with a 22-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter and targeted the senior early and often. This was Greene's third game with 11 or more receptions. This season, Greene's made 71 catches for 989 yards and five touchdowns. Greene isn't a physically imposing receiver at just 5-foot-11, 175 pounds, but he's a dependable target and works well in the middle of the field.

Nov 9 - 3:53 PM

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White had 16 catches for 132 yards in Saturday's 33-16 loss to Texas.
White continued his breakout 2014 season with 16 catches, a West Virginia school record. His longest catch of the game went for just 21 yards, as the Longhorns repeatedly allowed him room to work underneath without giving up the deep ball. Despite all of the catches, White wasn't able to score in the contest. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound junior had caught just six passes for 55 in his last two contests combined, but that was clearly just a minor slump. With his 91 catches and 1,101 receiving yards thus far, White's already more than doubled his production from 2013 and has greatly improved his draft prospects. He's worked his way into the first-round conversation.

Watching BTN Football in 60 (greatest show ever to catch up on a game, same with the SEC) but Gardner is a horrible QB that is killing Funchess, he's had a few drops but this QB has to be one of the worst I've seen this year.

If DeVante Parker runs good at the combine he's going to be a top 10 pick.

I'm trying to keep my excitement in check but this rookie class looks better than last years by a good bit.

Rotoworld:

Auburn redshirt junior wide receiver Sammie Coates will be relied upon for more of the offense with Duke Williams recovering from an MCL injury.

Coates was expected to be the No. 1 receiver for Auburn this season, after catching 42 passes for 902 yards and eight touchdowns in 2013. D'haquille Williams has turned into quarterback Nick Marshall's favorite target this year, though, with 18 more receptions and 193 more receiving yards than the more heralded Coates. "We’ve got a lot of confidence in our receivers," said head coach Gus Malzahn. Coates is a 6-foot-2, 201-pound target, who TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline said "play[ed] both strong and fast." Scouts will be looking to see how the junior plays with the more reliable Williams out of the lineup.

Source: ESPN.com
Nov 11 - 8:12 PM

Coates hasn't looked 100% all year. I'm not sure he is now even though he/they say he is. The brace is probably limiting his explosiveness and mobility. Shred that brace and he's a different player IMO. That may not be until bowl season. He will blow up the offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have any thoughts on Dorial-Green-Beckham? I was watching the Auburn game a little and he looks huge but he has some explosiveness too. Looks deceptively fast with those long strides. I wonder what he'll run in the 40?

If you're an efficiency stats geek, one of the guys really crushing it this season is Colorado State QB Garrett Grayson. Ranks 32nd in the nation in pass attempts, but 4th in passing plays of 25+ yards. Overall line of 65.4% completions, 9.7 YPA, 3024 yards, 26 TDs, and 5 INTs. Seems to have good field vision and touch. Listed at 6'2" 220, which would be decent size if accurate. Not sure about his arm strength, but it hasn't hurt his big play ability at the college level. Looking at the whole package, he seems like he could be an interesting 2nd-5th round candidate. On paper he has a lot in common with Garoppolo. Did struggle somewhat when facing decent opposition this season though, as his worst games came against Boston College and Boise State, arguably the two best teams on the schedule.

In one league I have 7 1st rounders. Unfortunately only room to roster 4 of them. Wondering if trading for future picks is the move or instead consolidating to trade up with them. I'll have 2 of the top 4 picks, but the other 5 could be anywhere in to 16. Any one have updated ranking with tiers?

In one league I have 7 1st rounders. Unfortunately only room to roster 4 of them. Wondering if trading for future picks is the move or instead consolidating to trade up with them. I'll have 2 of the top 4 picks, but the other 5 could be anywhere in to 16. Any one have updated ranking with tiers?
This class is so strong in the top 12-15 that I'd want an overpay to move out of that range. Very rough, PPR:

Gurley

Gordon

Cooper

Parker/Strong/White

DGB

Coates

Abdullah/Davis/Yeldon

Funchess

Ajayi/Coleman

This class is so strong in the top 12-15 that I'd want an overpay to move out of that range. Very rough, PPR:

Gurley

Gordon

Cooper

Parker/Strong/White

DGB

Coates

Abdullah/Davis/Yeldon

Funchess

Ajayi/Coleman
Good input. Getting Gurley AND cooper is a very realistic scenario. Ending with say a 12 and 16, possibly trade up to grab one of the big WRs but I really need RB depth in that league. Quite possible this 2015 draft year alters the RB landscape drastically. Just think about the needs on teams in the NFL and a ton are in need of real talent... That's a sign that several rookie backs could make an impact right away.

I play in a 16 team league where we start start 11 O players with 1-2 QB, 1-4 RB, 2-6 WR, 1-4 TE, 1-2 PK. .5 PPR and .5 per 10 yards except TE is .5 per 10 yards. IDP also with 4 pts per sack and 5 per turnover to 1 per tackle. PK scores well and is important in league

so I just did a mock today for league so some team needs will be in here as team past traits. Now does it seem out to lunch since I go by looking at mocks out there now and this thread. Not an expert.

1. Team A. Marcus Mariota

2. Team A- Jamies Winston

3. Team B-Todd Gurley

4. Team C- Amari Cooper

5. Team D- Connor Cook

6. Team E- Melvin Gordon

7. Team F- Devin Funchess TE

8. Team D- TJ Yeldon

9. Team G - Kevin White

10. Team B- Dorial Green Beckum

11. Team H - Nick O'Leary

12. Team I - Davante Parker

13. Team D - Jalen Strong

14. Team J - Randy Gregory DE

15. Team A - Ty Montgomery

16. Team I - Mike Davis

17. Team H - Ameer Abdullah

18. Team A - Sammie Coates

19. Team A - Brett Hundley

20. Team K - Shawn Oakman DE

21. Team C - Stephon Diggs

22. Team E - Jared Roberts PK(Funky part of league)

23. Team F- Shaq Thompson

24. Team K - Duke Johnson

25. Team L - Rashad Greene

26. Team B - Denzel Perryman

27. Team L - Nelson Agohour

28. Team M - Landon Collins

29. Team J - Ben Koyack TE

30. Team C - Benadrick McKinney

31. Team A- Telvin Coleman

32. Team I - Eric Kendricks

Gurley

Gordon

Cooper

Parker/Strong/White

DGB

Coates

Abdullah/Davis/Yeldon

Funchess

Ajayi/Coleman
The DGB tape has me excited. He's 6'6 but he's moves like a 6'1 WR. It's a sick class for sure. I wish I had more picks ha.

Gurley

Gordon

Cooper

Parker/Strong/White

DGB

Coates

Abdullah/Davis/Yeldon

Funchess

Ajayi/Coleman
Good input. Getting Gurley AND cooper is a very realistic scenario. Ending with say a 12 and 16, possibly trade up to grab one of the big WRs but I really need RB depth in that league. Quite possible this 2015 draft year alters the RB landscape drastically. Just think about the needs on teams in the NFL and a ton are in need of real talent... That's a sign that several rookie backs could make an impact right away.
I was lucky enough to be stacked with devy picks last year. I was able to grab Gurley, Cooper, Funchess, and Duke Williams.

Because I'm greedy I'm trying to move up to grab White, Parker or Abdullah.

Rotoworld:

Georgia QB Hutson Mason said that junior RB Todd Gurley "looks just as fresh and healthy as he’s ever looked."

Gurley should look fresh, given that he just had a nice month off. "I don't plan on him missing a beat," said Mason. Gurley is widely considered to be the best draft-eligible runner, and most analysts, including ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. and Rotoworld's Josh Norris, think the four-game suspension can only help his position for the draft, as that's four fewer games of wear-and-tear on the bruising, 6-foot-1, 226-pound back.

Source: Dogbytesonline.com
Nov 12 - 8:59 PM
Nebraska OC Tim Beck said that senior RB Ameer Abdullah's MCL sprain "didn't limit [the RB] in any way" during practice.

At least we think he was referring to the MCL sprain when he said "it" didn't limit him. He could have also been referring to the knee brace Abdullah wore. The pitfalls of pronouns. Either way, the coordinator said that the senior, who suffered a sprained MCL against Purdue, was "moving around, going through with all of our stuff" and looked good. Abdullah is expected to play against Wisconsin this weekend.

Source: Omaha.com
Nov 12 - 8:33 PM
An AFC South personnel director told NFL.com that "a run-heavy team might like Washington junior LB/RB Shaq Thompson" more as a RB than a LB.

Most scouts and analysts view Thompson as a defensive player at the next level, so it's interesting that an NFL evaluator is finally coming forward to say that the Washington two-way star could possibly have a future on offense. Thompson's rushed for 456 yards on 61 attempts to a 7.5 YPC average. "He has an amazing nose for the ball [on defense], but a run-heavy team might like him better as a RB. He's talented and growing in that spot as his time on offense has increased. A natural runner." We still think he has the highest upside as a defender. Ironically, Thompson's actually scored four of his six total touchdowns from the defensive side of things.

Source: NFL.com
Nov 12 - 7:55 PM
Georgia HC Mark Richt said that he was "proud" that junior RB Todd Gurley had been honest about accepting money for autographs.

"I think [NFL teams] care about [a player's] character and they care about what kind of person he is," said Richt. He also said, "...if you make a mistake, you know, 'fess up to it. And he did, and I'm proud of him." Gurley is back as Georgia's No. 1 RB after serving his four-game suspension. Prior to the suspension, Gurley had rushed for 773 yards on 94 carries, plus eight touchdowns and a robust 8.2 YPC average.

Source: NFL.com
Nov 12 - 5:47 PM
Huskeronline.com's Sean Callahan reports that Nebraska senior RB Ameer Abdullah (knee) practiced "wearing a protective brace on his left knee."

Head coach Bo Pelini has said repeatedly that he expects Abdullah to be able to play versus Wisconsin on Saturday, and it appears the Huskers’ prospect will at least attempt to give it a go against the Badgers. Nebraska's Offensive coordinator Tim Beck said Abdullah participated in all drills on Tuesday and "looked pretty good." Abdullah's rushed for 1,250 yards this season and is projected as a third or fourth round draft choice.

Source: Sean Callahan on Twitter

Gurley

Gordon

Cooper

Parker/Strong/White

DGB

Coates

Abdullah/Davis/Yeldon

Funchess

Ajayi/Coleman
Where would you put Marioa/Winston in there for 2QB leagues?

Users who are viewing this thread