What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

Dear anyone who will ever stay in this hotel room who plans on walking around on this carpet barefoot: I'm sorry.
:bag: :lmao: :lmao: Wait, what???
:coffee: Id like to hear this story as well. I had a dirty-hippie roommate in college with a bad case of athletes feet. He used to walk around the living room in barefeet dragging the tops and bottoms of his toes to relieve the itching and scrape off the fungus. I would always cringe whenever someone came over and laid down on the floor.
Ahhhhhhhhh, i just barfed in my trash can. Gross.
Yeah, its was pretty nasty. My other roommate used to blackout and piss himself on the couch so our seating choices were rather limited.

I went to a concert last night to see a buddy of mine I went to high school with. Long ago, he was part of Thin Ice, the hard rocking band that featured Chris Holt, Danny Mayfield, Rob Giles and a rotating door of singers and rhythm guitar players. I took harmonica lessons in an attempt to latch on with the band, but 5 lessons in it was clear I wasn't cut out for music. When you fail at the harmonica, it's a clear sign that you suck. The only person that enjoyed my harmonica playing was my pet ferret Seymour, who had this strange behavior of running out from under the couch to climb me like a squirrel when she heard it playing. Anyhow, I acted as the 'band manager' through out high school, meaning I just carried instruments and listened to them practice endlessly.

Rob Giles and Chris Holt both continue to play to this day, Chris rocking the Dallas Club Scene, while Giles tours and writes songs that get air time on TV shows in generic dramatic sequences. Both are quite talented, but I think the ceiling has been reached for both. But that's not what this is about.

Seems as if Giles parlayed his musical success into luck with the ladies as his wife joined him last night for the concert and introduced herself to me and my wife after the show. A stunning gal who looked vaguely familiar, I later learned that she is an actress (Caterina Scorsone ) on ABC's "Private Practice" and formerly the star of some Canadian show called 1-800 Missing, or some such. Anyhow, not the coolest story in the world, but I don't get out much and I certainly don't meet too many people who act or play music for a living. I was shocked that Giles remembered me as we hadn't seen each other since 1991. His wife was very charming and incredibly nice. I don't watch much non-reality, non-sports TV, but I might have to check this show out just to watch her.

The only person that enjoyed my harmonica playing was my pet ferret Seymour, who had this strange behavior of running out from under the couch to climb me like a squirrel when she heard it playing.
:blink:
:coffee: I'm just telling you what happened in my life. I grew up with probably 8 pet ferrets. My mom is a lunatic.Anyhow, I googled "ferrets + harmonicas" and found this:

Why Does My Ferret Go Crazy Whenever He Hears An Harmonica?

Posted August 26th, 2009 by admin

I picked up my harmonica and just starting fooling around with it, then my ferret comes out of nowhere and starts duking at me and jumping up trying to climb my shoulder, and just going crazy. If i leave the room and go upstairs and play the harmonica he will run right away to wherever i am and chase me around.

Does anyone have any idea why he is so obsessed with the sound, i saw some video on youtube with a ferret doing the exact same thing.
Answers:
I have a few ferrets that will bite me for drawing blood when I use a squeaky toy. They are usually good ferrets otherwise.

The theory is that some ferrets (usually females in this case) associate that noise with baby ferrets in trouble.

Other is that it is similar to the sound of potential prey possibly injured prey. Even though ferrets are domesticated there still may be that drive.

Obviously in either situation it bothers the ferret. I would recommend not using your harmonica in the presence of your ferret. I only use the squeaky toy when I can not find a ferret and I make sure it is only as much as I need to and I protect my feet and ankles.
Ferrets have really good hearing. When you play the harmonica, that high pitch sound drives them crazy. They chase you to get you to stop.

I had a cat named Fred. I'm pretty sure he hated everybody.
I had a cat named Ralph. He hated everybody but me. I also had a cat named Oglethorpe. He hated everybody including me. He died of feline aids. He's the only animal we ever had my mother didn't spend thousands on to save.

Nobody will take my old TV stand/entertainment center from the bottom of the driveway with the Free sign on it. I'm had chairs, endtables, and lamps go within the hour, but the TV stand has been there since Friday. Someone even put an empty Pabst 12-pack in one of the slots that used to hold a VCR. It's old, cheap, will only hold a 36 inch or smaller non-flatscreen TV, is full of dust and has paint on it, but my phenomenal luck with giving junk away convinced me to go for it.
Put a sign on it that you are willing to except trades.People love trades.
This is a really good idea, except I don't want to have to talk to anybody. My house has a really long driveway that goes way uphill. It sucks in the winter, but it's golden for keeping annoying people away from your front door.

I had a cat named Ralph. He hated everybody but me. I also had a cat named Oglethorpe. He hated everybody including me. He died of feline aids. He's the only animal we ever had my mother didn't spend thousands on to save.
Our cat names:Mittens :lmao:SammyHankFrankBrutis
:thumbup:MittensFredGeorgeSpinks
SamSanta FeSmokeyRalphOglethorpeJules

Our cat names:Mittens :thumbup:SammyHankFrankBrutis
:unsure:MittensFredGeorgeSpinks
SamSanta FeSmokeyRalphOglethorpeJules
I forgot we had a Smokey too_Oglethorpe?

They were talking about some article with the most unusual dog and cat names on a local morning show today.

LINK

Code:
Dogs					 Cats1. Pickle Von Corndog	   1. Purr Diem2. Lord Chubby Pruneface  2. Bing Clawsby3. Badonkadonk			   3. Cleocatra4. Ninjastar Dangerrock	 4. Admiral Pancake5. Molly Mcboozehound	 5. Optimus Pants6. Dog Vader				   6. Chairman Meow7. Flopsy Squeakerton	  7. Boo Manchu8. Bettie Poops				8. Watts in a Name9. Geez Louise				 9. Chenoa Azure Marshmellow-Puff10. Barnaby Bones		   10. Senor Nachos
Some good alias potential in here

They were talking about some article with the most unusual dog and cat names on a local morning show today.

LINK

Dogs Cats1. Pickle Von Corndog 1. Purr Diem2. Lord Chubby Pruneface 2. Bing Clawsby3. Badonkadonk 3. Cleocatra4. Ninjastar Dangerrock 4. Admiral Pancake5. Molly Mcboozehound 5. Optimus Pants6. Dog Vader 6. Chairman Meow7. Flopsy Squeakerton 7. Boo Manchu8. Bettie Poops 8. Watts in a Name9. Geez Louise 9. Chenoa Azure Marshmellow-Puff10. Barnaby Bones 10. Senor NachosSome good alias potential in here
:blackdot:

Admiral Pancake :pickle:

Nobody will take my old TV stand/entertainment center from the bottom of the driveway with the Free sign on it. I'm had chairs, endtables, and lamps go within the hour, but the TV stand has been there since Friday. Someone even put an empty Pabst 12-pack in one of the slots that used to hold a VCR.

It's old, cheap, will only hold a 36 inch or smaller non-flatscreen TV, is full of dust and has paint on it, but my phenomenal luck with giving junk away convinced me to go for it.
Freecycle it. Ive yet to put something on there that hasnt been taken. People love free ####. Even if it really is ####.
Seriously. My wife's given away cracked planters, leftover shingles, and four bowling pins on there.

Nobody will take my old TV stand/entertainment center from the bottom of the driveway with the Free sign on it. I'm had chairs, endtables, and lamps go within the hour, but the TV stand has been there since Friday. Someone even put an empty Pabst 12-pack in one of the slots that used to hold a VCR.

It's old, cheap, will only hold a 36 inch or smaller non-flatscreen TV, is full of dust and has paint on it, but my phenomenal luck with giving junk away convinced me to go for it.
Freecycle it. Ive yet to put something on there that hasnt been taken. People love free ####. Even if it really is ####.
Seriously. My wife's given away cracked planters, leftover shingles, and four bowling pins on there.
My GB has all kinds of stuff in his yard still. :thumbup:

Nobody will take my old TV stand/entertainment center from the bottom of the driveway with the Free sign on it. I'm had chairs, endtables, and lamps go within the hour, but the TV stand has been there since Friday. Someone even put an empty Pabst 12-pack in one of the slots that used to hold a VCR. It's old, cheap, will only hold a 36 inch or smaller non-flatscreen TV, is full of dust and has paint on it, but my phenomenal luck with giving junk away convinced me to go for it.
This is a really good idea, except I don't want to have to talk to anybody. My house has a really long driveway that goes way uphill. It sucks in the winter, but it's golden for keeping annoying people away from your front door.
Screw it. Get a bunch of drunk friends over during the holidays, tip it on its side, and offer $20 to whoever can ride the thing to the bottom of the driveway.

I need to go find this pile of free stuff and add to it. Has to be on craigslist...

Rob Giles and Chris Holt both continue to play to this day, Chris rocking the Dallas Club Scene, while Giles tours and writes songs that get air time on TV shows in generic dramatic sequences. Both are quite talented, but I think the ceiling has been reached for both. But that's not what this is about.
Holt is a really good guitarist.

Holt is a really good guitarist.
Agreed. He started playing in 6th grade and we kind of mocked him, thinking he'd be about as successful as every other HP kid picking up Gibson from their parents for Xmas. By 8th grade, he was doing things his guitar instructors were amazed by; and then he got the Les Paul Sunburst. My god, he took to that like a duck takes to water. I bet he still has it. I haven't seen Chris in probably 10 years, but I'd love to catch his act again one day. He's a funny funny guy...

Text from my daughter while she is mowing the lawn:"How many times can I drive the lawn mower off the curb n get stuck? How did I ever get my license?' :loco:
Maybe the instructor was dicksmitten with her.
She got stuck in a snowbank during her road test, I shouldn't be surprised. Oddly enough she still passed.oh and that wasn't very excellent of you. :angry:
:lmao:sorry
No worries, you're good peoples.I chuckled :towelwave:

Text from my daughter while she is mowing the lawn:"How many times can I drive the lawn mower off the curb n get stuck? How did I ever get my license?' :loco:
Maybe the instructor was dicksmitten with her.
She got stuck in a snowbank during her road test, I shouldn't be surprised. Oddly enough she still passed.oh and that wasn't very excellent of you. :lmao:
:loco:sorry
No worries, you're good peoples.I chuckled :angry:
:towelwave:

Users who are viewing this thread