What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (9 Viewers)

My daughter got so much stuff for her birthday and her room was already such a mess, that I took everything out of her room except for her bed and dresser. I'm making her sort through everything to decide whether she wants to keep it or if some kid who can't afford it would rather have it. My place is a wreck right now, but we're slowly getting through stuff. Big day

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter got so much stuff for her birthday and her room was already such a mess, that I took everything out of her room except for her bed and dresser. I'm making her sort through everything to decide whether she wants to keep it or if some kid who can't afford it would rather have it. My place is a wreck right now, but we're slowly getting through stuff. Big day
dibs on any anatomically correct dolls

I tried something similar with my wife and her clothes one time. The end result was that she now has 4 closets of clothes and I get to keep mine in a shoebox under the bed.

'General Malaise said:
Everybody's seen the photo of Homer in high school that his friend posted on FB, right?
I got my FB :lol: from someone else in here today: My Link
I don't get it... :mellow:
Since Facebook started using this inane timeline, on your homepage, all 'cover' photos are cut off. That is, unless you scroll up. The stupidest ####ing #### I've seen in a long time.BTW, accept my friend request, dammit.
Done!
:wub:

'General Malaise said:
'Aaron Rudnicki said:
'General Malaise said:
Not knowing about the goto last unread post button is like not knowing about the favorite posters feed. Don't know how anyone lives without them.
I have no idea what any of you are talking about. At all. :bag:
I don't understand how people could read this thread without using that button.You click it, and it takes you to the last unread post in a thread.Do you really go in and manually search for the last post you read to make sure you don't miss anything? You're wasting valuable minutes of your life.
For the last couple of months, I've been playing catch up on this thread, so I don't really want to see the last post...I want to read where I left off slowly and try to crawl towards the end. Course, that doesn't always work out because I end up replying to a bunch of posts that then take me to the end, which I see and then begin to reply to those, so then I get lost and forget what I'm doing and HEY LOOK! A SQUIRRELL!!!!
Another recently discovered feature. When you quote someone, in their box, there's a curly arrow. Click that and it takes you straight back to the post you quoted.

'bostonfred said:
Ryan mathews is going to be :moneybag: this year. Three downs, lots of tds, great o, committed to the run and play action deep ball. Only problem is he gets dinged up and the backup situation blows.P and s If you ever visit my house, please do not put your vibrator in/on any of my furniture. Why would you even bring a dildo to your mother in laws house?
It's a vibrator not a dildo and we were at the vacation house. With everything going on she forgot it. :shrug:

Angrywife texted me today to let me know she was getting a pedicure but it autocorrected to say she was getting Medicare. Thought she was leaving me for Tanner for just a second there.

Did invisikate check in here during her drive-by? I don't think she realizes the FFA moved into here. We should send out notices to all former top 100 members.

FYI I'm calling for a jihad on New Otis. 100% done with his shtick. Sorry fellas. Find a new future presidential assassin to admire.
In
Maybe I read that thread too quick, but what did he do to piss off Furley and (name forgotten)? I'm actually entertained by that thread, so I don't want to see it go :shrug:
What thread? I like Otis.
It's not that Otis. He's a different Otis. Imagine if the FFA's Otis never got married but instead turned to the darkside and decided to live his life courting women of the night.
I'll need to have my people send a cease-and-desist PM. I can't have this brand watered down any further. Someone please link me up.

I had dinner at a place called In the Buns Burger Joint. Before anyone asks, there were no Miatas parked in front.

I didn't check the rear. :unsure:

Mrs. O and I went to Home Depot today to find out about getting carpeting in our den. We were approached by one of the sales girls in the flooring department. I suppose she was new. Here's the conversation I overheard:

SalesGirl: "Hi can I help you with something?"

Mrs. O: "Yes, we're looking to get wall-to-wall carpeting for a room in our house."

SalesGirl: "Oh, we only do carpeting on floors."

Mrs. O: "Uh. Wait."

SalesGirl: "Yeah we won't install carpet on the walls."

Mrs O: "Uhm."

It was pretty painful so I quickly ejected and walked off with my daughter to leave my wife to mop that up. People are dumb.

Kittenball Tournament today. Went 3-1. Should have put on some sunscreen though, my head and face look like what GM would look like after 5 minutes in a state where the sun shines.

I'm going broke waiting on old people, I'm going to redo the place and change concept to hip, shortterm rental property.

I'm going broke waiting on old people, I'm going to redo the place and change concept to hip, shortterm rental property.
I'm not aging any fracking faster for your benefit. Has the the City Council gotten off the pot on short-term rentals?
yeah the city voted to not really slow it down at all, except by limiting the number allowed per census area (??I dont know exactly either, but smaller than a zip code).with sxsw, acl and formula 1, the city has to have short term rentals as there are not nearly enough hotels to handle the capacity. So they were kind of handcuffed. Give in to the neighborhood associations and crack down/sabotage the signature city events, o rlet it go and have adequate lodging

I'm not aging any fracking faster for your benefit. Has the the City Council gotten off the pot on short-term rentals?
yeah the city voted to not really slow it down at all, except by limiting the number allowed per census area (??I dont know exactly either, but smaller than a zip code).with sxsw, acl and formula 1, the city has to have short term rentals as there are not nearly enough hotels to handle the capacity. So they were kind of handcuffed. Give in to the neighborhood associations and crack down/sabotage the signature city events, o rlet it go and have adequate lodging
Census areas are related to actual geography. ZIP codes are related to how the post office can most efficiently deliver the mail and aren't necessarily set on geographic boundaries. That's how I went from Manor, TX 78653 to Austin, TX 78754 without me or the city limits moving.You need to be out selling rooms for Formula One weekend. I might have a bus to contribute to the transportation effort, but it doesn't seat very many people since all the benches have been ripped out.

Census areas are related to actual geography. ZIP codes are related to how the post office can most efficiently deliver the mail and aren't necessarily set on geographic boundaries. That's how I went from Manor, TX 78653 to Austin, TX 78754 without me or the city limits moving.You need to be out selling rooms for Formula One weekend. I might have a bus to contribute to the transportation effort, but it doesn't seat very many people since all the benches have been ripped out.
Prices for F1 weekend are insane. I can transport six in my Flex. how many would your bus hold? Bus transport with a keg would be awesome.

anyone else watch the replay of Olympic soccer matches?

just tuned in a replay of So Korea vs GB... the comments are very similar to the live broadcast from this morning. as if the replay announcers are modifying a script of the original american broadcast.

am i high or is this happening?

anyone else watch the replay of Olympic soccer matches?just tuned in a replay of So Korea vs GB... the comments are very similar to the live broadcast from this morning. as if the replay announcers are modifying a script of the original american broadcast.am i high or is this happening?
Why would they have replay announcers? If it's a replay it's probably a replay of the WHOLE match including commentary.

anyone else watch the replay of Olympic soccer matches?just tuned in a replay of So Korea vs GB... the comments are very similar to the live broadcast from this morning. as if the replay announcers are modifying a script of the original american broadcast.am i high or is this happening?
Why would they have replay announcers? If it's a replay it's probably a replay of the WHOLE match including commentary.
it's definitely not the same guys. i watched the first 60 this morning, then the next 30 about 2 hours ago. tuned in to the replay hoping to catch extra time.. these are not the same guys at all.

Anyone interested in a stay down here in Austin, please let me know. I would be willing to do a very low cost or free stay here to start getting reviews.

Here's what I ahve so far in typing up the ad. Its not nearly complete and as of yet not edited. Just pasting it in here to give you an idea.

We have six suites available separately or all together or three on each level (two).

Feedback encouraged.

Private, gated south Austin compound on a two acre site, secured, landscaped, and heavily treed

Start the day with room service delivering a fresh hot breakfast of your choice to your room. We then served you lunch at 1pm, happy hour with wine and hors d'ouvers at 5pm, dinner at 7 with wine, then finally, a night happy hour with wine and cheese at 10:30.

During the day/evening we will transport you to any event or activity up to 15 miles or 30 minutes away, then pick you up at a prearranged time and bring you back to the compound.

While you are here, you are free to enjoy:

- movies on you the LED tv/dvd in your room from our library of over 3000 DVDs

- Read and relax with a book from our 2000 volume physical library, our 2500 volume Kindle linbrary, or our subscriptions to Time, Entertainment Weekly, Bloomberg Business, The New Yorker, Mother Earth News, Texas Gardener, Vegetarian Times, Austin Chronicle, Austin American Statesman or USA Today.

- Catch virtually any sporting event with our in-room DirecTV with the MLB Season Pass or NFL Ticket.

- Wired or wireless internet access throughout the property

Our beautiful, covered back patio is complete with ceiling fans, a 60" TV with full satellite programming, a wet bar and over-sized char-grill

Our living room includes a 70" LED TV with full satellite connections,

All rooms include:

- Queen or king-sized bed

- Euro longer couch that converts to a double bed (rollaway beds available for $25/night)

- Reading chair

-40-55" LED/LCD TV with full satellite programming including most all NFL and MLB games

- Wired and wireless internet connectivity

- In room full breakfast delivered between 7-9:30am

- Full lunch served at 1pm or box lunch provided on request

(much more, but not finished writing it up)

Stupid Thorn just quit what was sure to be a cluster#### for the ages in Tims Fantasy leeg. Look at this cast:

trogg78

JZilla

jon_mx

Mister CIA

Bonzai

phrozen

The Ref

Otis

Larry Allen's Jockstrap

Cosjobs

timschochet

Unlucky

John Bender

Raider Nation

[icon]

Pretty good chance we can make timschit's head explode. In this format.
Looks epic.

'General Malaise said:
For the last couple of months, I've been playing catch up on this thread, so I don't really want to see the last post...I want to read where I left off slowly and try to crawl towards the end. Course, that doesn't always work out because I end up replying to a bunch of posts that then take me to the end, which I see and then begin to reply to those, so then I get lost and forget what I'm doing and HEY LOOK! A SQUIRRELL!!!!
I don't even know where to begin here.

they actually weren't deleted. they were hidden, but mods can still see them.
What purpose does this serve?
it's a moderating option on the boards.if someone is causing problems or posting spam or whatever, you can immediately hide all their posts/threads with a quick click.
Why not just delete them?
Preserving evidence
Scary version? That actually might be true

Users who are viewing this thread