What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

General Malaise said:
What's all this now?
Remember that league you drafted for, a month or two ago, that Clayton ran? And then you drafted a crappy team and everyone was on bye weeks? Well, you accidentally won, and your reward is that you have to spend a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night this weekend on another draft against less fun people. The good news is that if you win the whole thing you'll get to see Rudnicki's rankings for free for a year. Congratulations again, Fred

General Malaise said:
What's all this now?
Remember that league you drafted for, a month or two ago, that Clayton ran? And then you drafted a crappy team and everyone was on bye weeks? Well, you accidentally won, and your reward is that you have to spend a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night this weekend on another draft against less fun people. The good news is that if you win the whole thing you'll get to see Rudnicki's rankings for free for a year. Congratulations again, Fred
:thumbup:God forbid the draft be on a Tues, Wed or Thurs100% chance I am drunk for this

Last edited by a moderator:
McJose said:
Drifter said:
So.... sent my resignation letter to the owners of the company yesterday. Very nice letter, expressing regret, appreciation; laying out a plan for my replacement, etc.I hear nothing back all day yesterday. This morning, I re-forwarded it and said that I wanted to make sure they had seen it and that I was surprised that they didn't call me to discuss. I get a quick reply back simply saying, "We will talk shortly".So, now I'm sitting here waiting for them to come in my door any minute and tell me to take a hike. :lmao: :o
Start hiding office supplies.
I would have been hiding office supplies starting a few weeks ago. Hell, when I started my job two years ago I started hiding stuff I might need when I move on.

I just sent this email to my FF league:

Leaguemates: To mark the unfortunate news that Jermichael Finley may miss the entire season, I would like to propose that we shut down the league for one week (Week 6) in order to pay tribute and homage to this special man and everything he has done for the sport. Play would resume normally in Week 7. I also wrote a poem to mark this sad day: #88 Clad in green and gold Glistening, 6'6" ebony pass-catching machine Betrayed by a knee ligament, a flaw in an otherwise perfect, beautiful body I will always remember that night in Chicago We watched the sun come up And just held each other Get well soon We will miss u We love u

Leaguemates: To mark the unfortunate news that Jermichael Finley may miss the entire season, I would like to propose that we shut down the league for one week (Week 6) in order to pay tribute and homage to this special man and everything he has done for the sport. Play would resume normally in Week 7. I also wrote a poem to mark this sad day: #88 Clad in green and gold Glistening, 6'6" ebony pass-catching machine Betrayed by a knee ligament, a flaw in an otherwise perfect, beautiful body I will always remember that night in Chicago We watched the sun come up And just held each other Get well soon We will miss u We love u
:lmao:

So.... sent my resignation letter to the owners of the company yesterday. Very nice letter, expressing regret, appreciation; laying out a plan for my replacement, etc.I hear nothing back all day yesterday. This morning, I re-forwarded it and said that I wanted to make sure they had seen it and that I was surprised that they didn't call me to discuss. I get a quick reply back simply saying, "We will talk shortly".So, now I'm sitting here waiting for them to come in my door any minute and tell me to take a hike. :unsure: :popcorn:
Start hiding office supplies.
I would have been hiding office supplies starting a few weeks ago. Hell, when I started my job two years ago I started hiding stuff I might need when I move on.
if you're just taking intellectual property, it's not really stealing is it?

:popcorn:

I got peed on twice last week.

First, my 4 year old began refusing to poop for some unknown reason which then led to him not peeing either. He would be doubled over in pain screaming about how much his belly hurt. So I brought him to the doctor and the nurse asked if he would pee in a cup so they could test it. I laughed thinking there's no way he'd do it. The nurse asked him to play game and told him that if he peed in the cup then he could take home one of the little pumpkins they had on the counter. So he says ok and proceeds to pull down his pants. The nurse tells him to go into the bathroom with Dad and do it in there. So we go in bathroom and I still wasn't sure if he'd do it. So I held the cup and sure enough he starts filling it. He's all excited talking about the pumpkin he's gonna get. I notice the cup is about to overflow and he is still going like a fire hose. Upon the cup overflowing he started clapping (apparently proud of himself) however, his hose was still on full throttle and now his celebrating was causing the pee to spray everywhere. It was like an epileptic monkey with a fire hose spraying wildly in this doctor's bathroom. I got it in the eye and across my shirt. The toilet seat was spritzed and the floor had splashes all over. When we walked out of the bathroom, I had a full cup of urine in one hand, my other hand was covering my eye which was still agitated by the golden laser shot I took and my shirt had splash marks across my chest. My son was pointing to the cup and proudly telling everyone he peed "like crazy" and was getting a pumpkin.

Second time was at a wedding over the weekend. Drank way too much (at the end of the reception I put on the groom's white tuxedo jacket and tried dancing to some Michael Jackson song, but I was told later that instead of dancing I kinda just kept pointing at people and grabbing my crotch) Anyways, as we are leaving a bunch of us are standing outside and we decided to pee in some bushes at the edge of the parking lot. Some guy I didn't know stumbled over next to us and began peeing as well. Except he was so drunk he couldn't control himself and began peeing on my buddy's shoe. After yelling at the guy to stop, my buddy did what any tough, macho, drunk guy would do: he turned and starting peeing on the guy. The guy suddenly realizes what's going on and jumps back which then left me right in the line of fire. So my buddy is now peeing on my leg. I was so drunk, I just let it happen. Ironically, I was later told that I demanded to go back inside so I could wash my hands because I thought I dripped a little on my hands.

Another FF question. TIA for not making me go into the SP.

10-team PPR.

QB: Orton, Vick

RB: Gore, Foster, Hillis, Charles, Torain

WR: Austin, Nicks, Lloyd, Mike Wallace, Mike Thomas

TE: Moeaki (RIP Finley :lol: )

List in terms of preference:

1) Trade Moeaki and Mike Thomas for Aaron Hernandez

2) Trade Torain and Mike Thomas for Felix Jones

3) Do nothing

My team seems to be a lock for the playoffs. Both Hernandez and Jones have very good Week 15/16 matchups. Moeaki has a tough matchup, I think Torain is fairly neutral.

I got peed on twice last week.First, my 4 year old began refusing to poop for some unknown reason which then led to him not peeing either. He would be doubled over in pain screaming about how much his belly hurt. So I brought him to the doctor and the nurse asked if he would pee in a cup so they could test it. I laughed thinking there's no way he'd do it. The nurse asked him to play game and told him that if he peed in the cup then he could take home one of the little pumpkins they had on the counter. So he says ok and proceeds to pull down his pants. The nurse tells him to go into the bathroom with Dad and do it in there. So we go in bathroom and I still wasn't sure if he'd do it. So I held the cup and sure enough he starts filling it. He's all excited talking about the pumpkin he's gonna get. I notice the cup is about to overflow and he is still going like a fire hose. Upon the cup overflowing he started clapping (apparently proud of himself) however, his hose was still on full throttle and now his celebrating was causing the pee to spray everywhere. It was like an epileptic monkey with a fire hose spraying wildly in this doctor's bathroom. I got it in the eye and across my shirt. The toilet seat was spritzed and the floor had splashes all over. When we walked out of the bathroom, I had a full cup of urine in one hand, my other hand was covering my eye which was still agitated by the golden laser shot I took and my shirt had splash marks across my chest. My son was pointing to the cup and proudly telling everyone he peed "like crazy" and was getting a pumpkin. Second time was at a wedding over the weekend. Drank way too much (at the end of the reception I put on the groom's white tuxedo jacket and tried dancing to some Michael Jackson song, but I was told later that instead of dancing I kinda just kept pointing at people and grabbing my crotch) Anyways, as we are leaving a bunch of us are standing outside and we decided to pee in some bushes at the edge of the parking lot. Some guy I didn't know stumbled over next to us and began peeing as well. Except he was so drunk he couldn't control himself and began peeing on my buddy's shoe. After yelling at the guy to stop, my buddy did what any tough, macho, drunk guy would do: he turned and starting peeing on the guy. The guy suddenly realizes what's going on and jumps back which then left me right in the line of fire. So my buddy is now peeing on my leg. I was so drunk, I just let it happen. Ironically, I was later told that I demanded to go back inside so I could wash my hands because I thought I dripped a little on my hands.
:thumbup:

I got peed on twice last week.First, my 4 year old began refusing to poop for some unknown reason which then led to him not peeing either. He would be doubled over in pain screaming about how much his belly hurt. So I brought him to the doctor and the nurse asked if he would pee in a cup so they could test it. I laughed thinking there's no way he'd do it. The nurse asked him to play game and told him that if he peed in the cup then he could take home one of the little pumpkins they had on the counter. So he says ok and proceeds to pull down his pants. The nurse tells him to go into the bathroom with Dad and do it in there. So we go in bathroom and I still wasn't sure if he'd do it. So I held the cup and sure enough he starts filling it. He's all excited talking about the pumpkin he's gonna get. I notice the cup is about to overflow and he is still going like a fire hose. Upon the cup overflowing he started clapping (apparently proud of himself) however, his hose was still on full throttle and now his celebrating was causing the pee to spray everywhere. It was like an epileptic monkey with a fire hose spraying wildly in this doctor's bathroom. I got it in the eye and across my shirt. The toilet seat was spritzed and the floor had splashes all over. When we walked out of the bathroom, I had a full cup of urine in one hand, my other hand was covering my eye which was still agitated by the golden laser shot I took and my shirt had splash marks across my chest. My son was pointing to the cup and proudly telling everyone he peed "like crazy" and was getting a pumpkin. Second time was at a wedding over the weekend. Drank way too much (at the end of the reception I put on the groom's white tuxedo jacket and tried dancing to some Michael Jackson song, but I was told later that instead of dancing I kinda just kept pointing at people and grabbing my crotch) Anyways, as we are leaving a bunch of us are standing outside and we decided to pee in some bushes at the edge of the parking lot. Some guy I didn't know stumbled over next to us and began peeing as well. Except he was so drunk he couldn't control himself and began peeing on my buddy's shoe. After yelling at the guy to stop, my buddy did what any tough, macho, drunk guy would do: he turned and starting peeing on the guy. The guy suddenly realizes what's going on and jumps back which then left me right in the line of fire. So my buddy is now peeing on my leg. I was so drunk, I just let it happen. Ironically, I was later told that I demanded to go back inside so I could wash my hands because I thought I dripped a little on my hands.
:bag: :lmao: Add Cadzooks to the list of FBG's I'm restricted from ever meeting in person.1. St. Louis Bob2. Evil Grin3. Cadzooks4?5 Profit

:lmao:With all of this stuff going on Mrs. SLB has (understandably) lost her horny. I'm not really built that way:happy=hornysad=hornydepressed=hornytired=hornysick=hornyawake=hornydrunk=hornyhungover= really hornyAny of you Florence Nightingale types out there? I may or may not have been a war veteran.

Cripes - I've been contacted 5 times since accepting this offer about interviewing for pretty decent gigs. WTF were they all over the last few GD months?

:goodposting: :bag: Add Cadzooks to the list of FBG's I'm restricted from ever meeting in person.1. St. Louis Bob2. Evil Grin3. Cadzooks4?5 Profit
C'mon GM. I only have 2 things left on my bucket list. One is a night out with you where you get "crazy-GM-drunk" and I manage to steal the credit card receipt with your one of your crazy messages on it. Oh and the other item on my bucket list involves some borderline inappropriate behavior with a freeze pop and the 2 hot Kardashian sisters.

C'mon GM. I only have 2 things left on my bucket list. One is a night out with you where you get "crazy-GM-drunk" and I manage to steal the credit card receipt with your one of your crazy messages on it. Oh and the other item on my bucket list involves some borderline inappropriate behavior with a freeze pop and the 2 hot Kardashian sisters.
If Oregon goes back to the Rose Bowl this year: 2 birds, one stone.If Oregon plays Bama in Glendale, alert the Arizona National Guard.

Going to Universal Studios tomorrow and checking out Halloween Horrow Nights! I'M PUMPED!

(not so pumped about the 3 hour drive tonight).

Leaguemates:

To mark the unfortunate news that Jermichael Finley may miss the entire season, I would like to propose that we shut down the league for one week (Week 6) in order to pay tribute and homage to this special man and everything he has done for the sport. Play would resume normally in Week 7.

I also wrote a poem to mark this sad day:

Clad in green and gold

Glistening, 6'6" ebony pass-catching machine

Betrayed by a knee ligament, a flaw in an otherwise perfect, beautiful body

I will always remember that night in Chicago

We watched the sun come up

And just held each other

Get well soon

We will miss u

We love u
Epic.

Stolen and posted in my $250 local league I commish. It's loaded with old stodgy ####s with no sense of humor, and then a few funny ####ers. Should be entertaining. :bag:

Man, those people in the Shark Pool freak out about everything.
Not quite everything, but Packers running backs is a particular point of interest in the SP. There's been a hissing slapfight about this subject every day for weeks. If it's not the backs on the roster, then it's the possibility that they could acquire every other back in the league. If not that, then it's Ted Thompson's inability to pull the trigger on a deal for every other back in the league.I admire the passion of Packer fans. Hell, I'm one of them. But I can't wait until the trade deadline on Tuesday, when most of this will go away.

Man, those people in the Shark Pool freak out about everything.
Not quite everything, but Packers running backs is a particular point of interest in the SP. There's been a hissing slapfight about this subject every day for weeks. If it's not the backs on the roster, then it's the possibility that they could acquire every other back in the league. If not that, then it's Ted Thompson's inability to pull the trigger on a deal for every other back in the league.I admire the passion of Packer fans. Hell, I'm one of them. But I can't wait until the trade deadline on Tuesday, when most of this will go away.
in the fantasy world it may slow some but come Tuesday at 3:01 pm (whatever the deadline) local radio shows phone lines are going to EXPLODE with angry callers.... no matter what happens

Leaguemates:

To mark the unfortunate news that Jermichael Finley may miss the entire season, I would like to propose that we shut down the league for one week (Week 6) in order to pay tribute and homage to this special man and everything he has done for the sport. Play would resume normally in Week 7.

I also wrote a poem to mark this sad day:

Clad in green and gold

Glistening, 6'6" ebony pass-catching machine

Betrayed by a knee ligament, a flaw in an otherwise perfect, beautiful body

I will always remember that night in Chicago

We watched the sun come up

And just held each other

Get well soon

We will miss u

We love u
Epic.

Stolen and posted in my $250 local league I commish. It's loaded with old stodgy ####s with no sense of humor, and then a few funny ####ers. Should be entertaining. :unsure:
Awesome. :popcorn:

If Oregon goes back to the Rose Bowl this year: 2 birds, one stone.If Oregon plays Bama in Glendale, alert the Arizona National Guard.
What is Kamala The Ugandan Giant's handler Friday doing these days? I need a vacation handler like the crazy wrestlers who hail from 'parts unknown'.

One of my son DJs friends stopped over last night to see what time the high school hockey game is. He took a second friend who was here with DJ and they said they'd meet my son at the game in an hour. DJ and his teammate load their hockey bags into the van and they're just ready to pull out of the garage when the 2nd friend runs into the garage pale faced and hyper. "Do you guys know the number to a tow truck? *First friend* just rolled the car in the ditch!"

I checked them for bumps and bruises but they were just shaken up. They backed out of our driveway, pulled into drive and hit the right shoulder of the road, which has been all washed out since Igor, got hung up on the guardrail and the car, 2009 Lancer, the family's only car, rolled over onto it's roof. The two boys were very shaken but I think the driver was more panicked about his dad getting there. He had just dropped him off at the drug store across from our road.

He calls him, "Dad? I f'ed up."

One of my son DJs friends stopped over last night to see what time the high school hockey game is. He took a second friend who was here with DJ and they said they'd meet my son at the game in an hour. DJ and his teammate load their hockey bags into the van and they're just ready to pull out of the garage when the 2nd friend runs into the garage pale faced and hyper. "Do you guys know the number to a tow truck? *First friend* just rolled the car in the ditch!"

I checked them for bumps and bruises but they were just shaken up. They backed out of our driveway, pulled into drive and hit the right shoulder of the road, which has been all washed out since Igor, got hung up on the guardrail and the car, 2009 Lancer, the family's only car, rolled over onto it's roof. The two boys were very shaken but I think the driver was more panicked about his dad getting there. He had just dropped him off at the drug store across from our road.

He calls him, "Dad? I f'ed up."
:bag: lucky to get out without being seriously hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread