What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (7 Viewers)

A radio talk show guy was talking about this article today.

Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network posted a blog by Kimberly Daniels recently that warns Christians to forgo celebrating Halloween because of its evilness. Daniels specifically calls out candy as a source of soul-molestation:

"During this period demons are assigned against those who participate in the rituals and festivities. These demons are automatically drawn to the fetishes that open doors for them to come into the lives of human beings. For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches."

Obviously, we shouldn't be buying Halloween candy, but what about getting it by trick-or-treating?

"Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference."

Darn.
The radio guy was mocking it and then took some phone calls...where people actually believe this crap. One guy said he wouldn't dress his daughter up like a witch or a devil because she could get possessed. The RG said, what if I told you if you get the Bell Burritto from Taco Bell, would you avoid that Taco Bell too? The caller replied, "better safe than sorry." He took 4 calls in a row like this. I try to be tolerant of people's beliefs but this is really, really, messed up.ETA

One guy said he only that his kids could only get candy from their church's "trunk or treat" because it was blessed so it couldn't contain any demons.

Then I just read this comment about that whore that put the cat in the trash can:

"A split second of misjudgment . . . . got completely out of control . . . . "

This statement of hers completely supports my charge, neurologically speaking, that her "reptile brain" (brain remnant used by our saurian ancestors which can still influence our behavior if the frontal lobe is purposely ignored) overrode her frontal lobe -- and in turn, such a choice, theologically speaking, is nothing more than a willing choice of evil.

Behaviors of the reptile brain (rb) are the very behaviors that get people locked up in prison or even the death penalty. Those upon the next highest rung of human evolution beyond that of the rb are at the present level and view that lower level as evil and monstrous. Those animal behaviors/tendencies, former characteristics of our animal ancestors back to the days of the dinosaurs, are what theology terms "evil." Admonitions to abandon those characteristics are merely calls to abandon animalism. Point of Interest: The "mark of the beast", is nothing more than the reptile brain. The rb is, despite its evil ways, an important implement -- it is the physical source that urges us to keep ourselves alive -- seek water when thirsty, food when hungry, heat when too cold, flight or fight, etc. These are also the fortunate characteristics which we inherited from our saurian predecessors. Some things which the rb inspires us to do is invaluable, while others are atrocious. THIS is what Jesus referred to when he said, "give unto Caesar that [the maintenance of biological life] which belongs to Caesar, and to me that which is mine [the following level of spiritual evolution to come which is only had as a result of the cessation of the rb's desire for rotten behavior.]"

Seems that the name "Bale" from the word "Bel", in turn from "Baal" is a good surname for this woman, because Baal was an evil god that extolled all the rotten characteristics of the reptile brain. Moreover, worship of evil gods was/is a motivation of the rb.
Maybe I should smoke some weed and pleasure myself to some lesbian pron to even things out. I think that breaks like at least three church laws.
I really don't like people.
Join my club

I had a sex dream about Sylvester Stallone last night. Not even Rocky/Rambo-era Sly. Current day Sly. Except he had John Travolta's Pulp Fiction haircut.

Ugh.

I had a sex dream about Sylvester Stallone last night. Not even Rocky/Rambo-era Sly. Current day Sly. Except he had John Travolta's Pulp Fiction haircut.

Ugh.
Weird.Last night I had a sex dream where I was current day Sylvester Stallone with John Travolta's Pulp Fiction haircut.

YSR said:
Stoneys said:
OK, why'd this fall to page 2?
I'm guessing it was my Stallone dream. It's understandable. Total bonerkill for me too.
that reminded me of this:
Tony: [describing his dream] So there I am, getting it on with this perfect female body and...Mike: What?Tony: I can't say.Mike: No, you can't give a build-up like that and not deliver. You know, a perfect female body, it's not a bad start.Tony: But with the head of Abraham Lincoln. With the hat and the beard, everything.

St. Louis Bob said:
shut it down said:
I've come up with like five awesome FFA topic ideas today, all of which wouldn't last an hour.
Just list them here and maybe we can come to some kind of consensus or compromise.
I think one of them would fly, needs a little more research though.

General Malaise said:
Cooked a mean Talapia tonight. Brushed it with a mixture of melted butter and garlic, white whine, taragon, paprika and a heaping tabelspoon of Old Bay, then cooked it over charcoal for maybe 8 minutes. Fantastic. Turned out really nice.
Sounds nice. I always find Tilapia to be way too salty. I end up waking up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. I like a nice fresh slab of haddock with crabmeat stuffing. I have that once or twice a week.
Salty :goodposting: Tilapia is freshwater. Shouldn't really be salty. Not a fan of the fish myself. Tilapia was pushed heavily into the market a while back. I believe it comes from lakes and river in Africa. It's a type of perch. I've tried to cook it a few times and wasn't that pleased. Gimme some king salmon, halibut, or Chilean sea bass*.* Patagonia Toothfish
It was $3.99 a pound, which was about all I needed for all of us. It doesn't hold form very well on the grill, so you have to be real careful when you grill it. But it turned out fantastic last night.
Grill your fish on top of lettuce. Lots of folks like using Cedar Planks (go to the lumberyard, not the store, you get gouged), but I like bbq'n on top of lettuce. Plus you can make Bob happy by listening to the lettuce scream.

St. Louis Bob said:
shut it down said:
I've come up with like five awesome FFA topic ideas today, all of which wouldn't last an hour.
Just list them here and maybe we can come to some kind of consensus or compromise.
You put a lot of effort into this whole internet thing, don't you?
Give TRE a hand everyone, because since he feels the need to try to hurt feelings, said thread will never see the light of day. :goodposting: you all, and good day.

St. Louis Bob said:
shut it down said:
Give TRE a hand everyone, because since he feels the need to try to hurt feelings, said thread will never see the light of day. :stirspot: you all, and good day.
Wait...

St. Louis Bob said:
shut it down said:
Give TRE a hand everyone, because since he feels the need to try to hurt feelings, said thread will never see the light of day. :stirspot: you all, and good day.
SensiTruck, wait.

General Malaise said:
Cooked a mean Talapia tonight. Brushed it with a mixture of melted butter and garlic, white whine, taragon, paprika and a heaping tabelspoon of Old Bay, then cooked it over charcoal for maybe 8 minutes. Fantastic. Turned out really nice.
Sounds nice. I always find Tilapia to be way too salty. I end up waking up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. I like a nice fresh slab of haddock with crabmeat stuffing. I have that once or twice a week.
Salty :confused: Tilapia is freshwater. Shouldn't really be salty. Not a fan of the fish myself. Tilapia was pushed heavily into the market a while back. I believe it comes from lakes and river in Africa. It's a type of perch. I've tried to cook it a few times and wasn't that pleased. Gimme some king salmon, halibut, or Chilean sea bass*.* Patagonia Toothfish
It was $3.99 a pound, which was about all I needed for all of us. It doesn't hold form very well on the grill, so you have to be real careful when you grill it. But it turned out fantastic last night.
Grill your fish on top of lettuce. Lots of folks like using Cedar Planks (go to the lumberyard, not the store, you get gouged), but I like bbq'n on top of lettuce. Plus you can make Bob happy by listening to the lettuce scream.
Your newsletter....I'd like to subscribe.

So I had my fantasy draft last night. The new girl in my league brought her husband to the draft with her, so I made a quick audible and decided it might be wise to abort my Joe Namath/Suzy Kolber strategy.

She seemed to know as much as a couple of the least knowledgable guys in our league. Her husband assisted as necessary. So it was basically like any other draft.

She did tell me how she really liked me at least 3 times during the evening. If she was trying to get me off my game, however, she failed miserably because I absolutely crushed the draft. Started off with AJ-Gore-Megatron and continued to dominate from there.

So I had my fantasy draft last night. The new girl in my league brought her husband to the draft with her, so I made a quick audible and decided it might be wise to abort my Joe Namath/Suzy Kolber strategy. She seemed to know as much as a couple of the least knowledgable guys in our league. Her husband assisted as necessary. So it was basically like any other draft.She did tell me how she really liked me at least 3 times during the evening. If she was trying to get me off my game, however, she failed miserably because I absolutely crushed the draft. Started off with AJ-Gore-Megatron and continued to dominate from there.
I think you're in the wrong forearm.

So I had my fantasy draft last night. The new girl in my league brought her husband to the draft with her, so I made a quick audible and decided it might be wise to abort my Joe Namath/Suzy Kolber strategy. She seemed to know as much as a couple of the least knowledgable guys in our league. Her husband assisted as necessary. So it was basically like any other draft.She did tell me how she really liked me at least 3 times during the evening. If she was trying to get me off my game, however, she failed miserably because I absolutely crushed the draft. Started off with AJ-Gore-Megatron and continued to dominate from there.
I think you're in the wrong forearm.
certainly the wrong thread...

I got a nice deal wrapped up today at work.

I'm celebrating by leaving my wife & kids and spending the next 3 days with 50 of my closest friends. :bye: :rolleyes:

:)

I'm in one of the seemingly most remote places on earth, but I have wireless.

I'm overlooking elephants, water buffalo, impala, warthogs, hippos, and baboons from my "tent" right now.

I'm overlooking elephants, water buffalo, impala, warthogs, hippos, and baboons from my "tent" right now.
Sounds pretty cool...sometimes it is nice to get away and truly experience nature

Speaking of labtops, I pass this one bum every day on the way to work. He has a corner staked out, is there every morning, looks a lot like Zach Galdofiniakis, or whatever the ####. 9 times out of 10 has his thumb firmly planted in his mouth and sleeping soundly. Anyway, saw him today after work headed home, tucked in his ratty blanket....surfing away on his laptop. We made eye contact, he gave me the 'ya - so what???' look, and that was that

:hey:I'm in one of the seemingly most remote places on earth, but I have wireless.I'm overlooking elephants, water buffalo, impala, warthogs, hippos, and baboons from my "tent" right now.
I've been trying. I managed to get a picture of a leopard posted to Facebook, but when I tried to upload the same photo to photobucket for posting here, it took about an hour to load and then gave me an error at the end. While there is internet here, it is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow and works only sporadically.When we get back to civilization (Cape Town) next Wednesday, I'll post a few good pics. We've seen all the "Big Five" within a couple of days and also got to walk with lions two days ago.

:hey:

:popcorn:
I've been trying. I managed to get a picture of a leopard posted to Facebook, but when I tried to upload the same photo to photobucket for posting here, it took about an hour to load and then gave me an error at the end. While there is internet here, it is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow and works only sporadically.When we get back to civilization (Cape Town) next Wednesday, I'll post a few good pics. We've seen all the "Big Five" within a couple of days and also got to walk with lions two days ago.
Grab the image location from facebook.spotty

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of labtops, I pass this one bum every day on the way to work. He has a corner staked out, is there every morning, looks a lot like Zach Galdofiniakis, or whatever the ####. 9 times out of 10 has his thumb firmly planted in his mouth and sleeping soundly. Anyway, saw him today after work headed home, tucked in his ratty blanket....surfing away on his laptop. We made eye contact, he gave me the 'ya - so what???' look, and that was that
sucks his thumb. :popcorn: no, wait. :hey:

:goodposting:
Cool, but was he mad or just waking up?

:goodposting:
Cool, but was he mad or just waking up?
Thanks, E10!!!Just waking up, but I liked that he looked mad. He was in the tree asleep when we came across him. We have pics of him hissing at us, when he was actually mad.

Thanks, E10!!!Just waking up, but I liked that he looked mad. He was in the tree asleep when we came across him. We have pics of him hissing at us, when he was actually mad.
Wow. That's an actual photo you took? Awesome. Looks like a professional shot from a nature magazine...

Probably posts here

Probably posts here
:goodposting: I vote beej.

Good AV Club piece. My submission: Built to Spill. I knew from the first five seconds of "The Plan," the first time I heard Keep It Like a Secret (probably over ten years after its initial release), that I was going to love this band.

Early_10 said:
krista4 said:
Stoneys said:
krista4 said:

:useless:
i can haz tourists?

Users who are viewing this thread