What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (17 Viewers)

I would like to remind everyone that the person who comes along and removes certain posts in order to keep this thread alive is in Australia. Not to be a wet blanket, but maybe we don't need to dance along the line for a little while.

I would like to remind everyone that the person who comes along and removes certain posts in order to keep this thread alive is in Australia. Not to be a wet blanket, but maybe we don't need to dance along the line for a little while.
I got a PM from Carlton that he'd be taking over for the duration. We should be copacetic.

I stopped at Panera for a Greek salad & some chicken noodle soup. Except the the soup was nothing but broth. I tried to ignore this injustice and concentrate on my salad but I just couldn't do it. So I drove back and got a correct soup. When I got home I was still pissed because they didn't even offer cookie or something for my trouble only to find that the dog got up on my desk and ate my salad.

Now I'm really pissed.

I stopped at Panera for a Greek salad & some chicken noodle soup. Except the the soup was nothing but broth. I tried to ignore this injustice and concentrate on my salad but I just couldn't do it. So I drove back and got a correct soup. When I got home I was still pissed because they didn't even offer cookie or something for my trouble only to find that the dog got up on my desk and ate my salad.

Now I'm really pissed.
:lmao: :lmao:

Now I'm really pissed.
I should have been given a cookie. :hot:

Now I'm really pissed.
or a slice of their bread.

Now I'm really pissed.
or a slice of their bread.
They gave me another piece. The dog ate that too. :lmao:

//official request to join cake next year//
You can take my spot. I'm done with Cake. Nobody trades and the innings limit is ridiculous.
Make a decent offer. :missing: All I remember is you crying that I wouldn't give you Stubbs for Wiggington. I don't understand why people think innings limits are ridiculous. Just manage your team. That's enough inning to have 5 starters active all year.

You can take my spot. I'm done with Cake. Nobody trades and the innings limit is ridiculous.
Make a decent offer. :shrug: All I remember is you crying that I wouldn't give you Stubbs for Wiggington. I don't understand why people think innings limits are ridiculous. Just manage your team. That's enough inning to have 5 starters active all year.
It's a 28 man roster with 14 teams. That's a LOT of players. If we were 12 teams or had smaller roster allotments, I could see your argument. But capping the innings where they are now puts a much higher premium on offensive players. It's unbalanced. If you happen to be pitching rich, good luck trading to other teams. You'll get the standard "Pitching isn't as important as hitting" reply and find yourself stuck with good pitchers nobody wants. I threw out at least 20-25 offers this year. I got ONE done. And don't make it sound like all my deals were "Wiggington for Stubbs" (a trade offer that was very fair at the time considering Wiggington's hot start and Stubbs cold one). I offered up Gallardo for Ryan Theriot, straight up. Rejected. I offered Josh Johnson several times, and got rejected. Pitching just isn't valued properly in this league and it's frustrating.

Make a decent offer. :shrug: All I remember is you crying that I wouldn't give you Stubbs for Wiggington. I don't understand why people think innings limits are ridiculous. Just manage your team. That's enough inning to have 5 starters active all year.
It's a 28 man roster with 14 teams. That's a LOT of players. If we were 12 teams or had smaller roster allotments, I could see your argument. But capping the innings where they are now puts a much higher premium on offensive players. It's unbalanced. If you happen to be pitching rich, good luck trading to other teams. You'll get the standard "Pitching isn't as important as hitting" reply and find yourself stuck with good pitchers nobody wants. I threw out at least 20-25 offers this year. I got ONE done. And don't make it sound like all my deals were "Wiggington for Stubbs" (a trade offer that was very fair at the time considering Wiggington's hot start and Stubbs cold one). I offered up Gallardo for Ryan Theriot, straight up. Rejected. I offered Josh Johnson several times, and got rejected. Pitching just isn't valued properly in this league and it's frustrating.
I think the limit should be 1400. SPs are all but worthless. No one makes trades involving SPsSo uh, let's not forget to raise the IP next year

Make a decent offer. :sleep: All I remember is you crying that I wouldn't give you Stubbs for Wiggington. I don't understand why people think innings limits are ridiculous. Just manage your team. That's enough inning to have 5 starters active all year.
I think the limit should be 1400. SPs are all but worthless. No one makes trades involving SPsSo uh, let's not forget to raise the IP next year
Raise it and I'm in. :lol:

Make a decent offer. :thumbup: All I remember is you crying that I wouldn't give you Stubbs for Wiggington. I don't understand why people think innings limits are ridiculous. Just manage your team. That's enough inning to have 5 starters active all year.
No it's not. I was robbed. I still fielded the best team. Can't take that away from me.

Make a decent offer. :thumbup: All I remember is you crying that I wouldn't give you Stubbs for Wiggington. I don't understand why people think innings limits are ridiculous. Just manage your team. That's enough inning to have 5 starters active all year.
:thumbup: If I knew how low the innings limit was compared to other leagues I play in (1400-1450), I would have prepared differently. I should have looked but just made the assumption. Pretty sure shuke knew what he was doing here.

General Malaise said:
Would love to hear some stories of douchiness from the Bears game.And I don't think douchey behavior is proprietary to Bears' fans. Or Eagles fans. I've seen PLENTY of dildonic behavior from Oregon Duck fans over the years. Drives me nuts. Anytime I see fans from the other school before, during or after the game, I try to be friendly and hospitable. My buddies that went down to Knoxville came back saying they'd root for the Vols against Florida and beyond. They previously had no favorite school in the SEC. They do now thanks in part to fans who were kind and affable (they had one fan hand them free beers as they walked to the stadium). But almost every home game I've ever attended, I witness sophomoric and embarrassing behavior by Duck fans to fans of the other team. Two years ago, Stanford came up to play us. I was waiting in line in the bathroom and there was one Stanford fan in line. Nice guy, engaging with everyone in line, talking football, saying how awesome the stadium was, etc. Out of the blue, this drunk 20 something dude said "Why don't you run home to your boyfriend, **G". Well, this was not well received by the rest of us, including a rather large black man who turned angrily toward the drunk moron and told him to leave. Now. He did.I've got countless examples of this. It's got to be beer + testosterone + low IQ. Or just young dudes getting caught up in the moment? I dunno. I just think it's ridiculous and try to counteract it by being nice to fans that travel for games. I'd like them to leave saying "Man, Oregon fans are class acts."
I think every large school has this issue. It's clearly the vocal minority. LSU has a bunch of DB fans. Most of the times it's the trash who didn't even attend the school, yet uses the football team as some sort of 'pack mentality".

Cal got a 9 out of 10 on his High-Frequency Words test.

The question he missed:

She will get ____ box.

a. her

b. for

c. and

He picked B.

Users who are viewing this thread