What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (8 Viewers)

Love to help you out today, GB, but I'm scheduled for QuickBooks training from 12-2 with a new employee. :crazy:
Wanna trade? I get to do a physical inventory count of about 1800 parts today.Instead of going to a GBs tonight, where they are having steak, crablegs and the whole works, one of Mrs Bronkowitz's dumb ### friends scheduled her wedding (who does this on NYE?!). If I play this right, I won't have to go to the ceremony at 4 and can waltz right in during open bar.

I'll be hanging out in this thread tonight because I have a 19 month old and a pregnant wife, and that's the way baseball go.

I get to do a physical inventory count of about 1800 parts today.
Who else has inventory today?I've been supervising ours for weeks - day trips to D.C., VA, Phily, NJ, Boston. Did as much as we could on the day of the site visit, then today they will finish up. Minions handle four of the five NYC locations (I did HQ before sunrise today). Huge job, hate it, but you have to get it done.

When I was in public accounting I had some interesting inventory jobs. Ever count livestock? Hog farmers taught us how to use our hands as a viewfinder window; you sort of wave it back and forth like a human metronome while they run thousands of pigs down a shoot. Then you take however many show up in your 'window' over 60 seconds and plug it into a formula. Seriously. Same year I had to climb up a bunch of grain silos (80 feet high?). Wind chill was around zero. Fun times.

Day: 64,983 Time 11:34 PMCal still isn't in sleeping. He says he can't stop thinking. I told Mrs. SLB I shouldn't reproduce. She's sleeping. **sshhhh**
I have that problem. It's like I can't switch my brain off. Somethings I think about really dumb ####. I have, at one time or another, mapped out in my head each place I have lived down to where the light switches were in each room and which hand each door was. I would spend hours going through all the details.It comes and goes in cycles for me, and I haven't found any medicine that will fix it (most sleep drugs actually seem to make it worse). Only the sweet nectar called alcohol seems to help.
Glad to know it isn't isolated to my family. :mellow:
:confused: This is my problem, too, and why I've barely slept since I was 12 years old. Brain keeps buzzing, in fact gets worse, the moment I lie down. I get a lot of work done in my head at night, though. People at work are always asking me why I left them voicemails at 3 a.m.

Day: 64,983 Time 11:34 PMCal still isn't in sleeping. He says he can't stop thinking. I told Mrs. SLB I shouldn't reproduce. She's sleeping. **sshhhh**
I have that problem. It's like I can't switch my brain off. Somethings I think about really dumb ####. I have, at one time or another, mapped out in my head each place I have lived down to where the light switches were in each room and which hand each door was. I would spend hours going through all the details.It comes and goes in cycles for me, and I haven't found any medicine that will fix it (most sleep drugs actually seem to make it worse). Only the sweet nectar called alcohol seems to help.
Glad to know it isn't isolated to my family. :mellow:
:confused: This is my problem, too, and why I've barely slept since I was 12 years old. Brain keeps buzzing, in fact gets worse, the moment I lie down. I get a lot of work done in my head at night, though. People at work are always asking me why I left them voicemails at 3 a.m.
Had this same problem all my life. I call it the "movie that keeps playing in my head".In part why I drink so much, methinks.

Glad to know it isn't isolated to my family. :rant:
Had this same problem all my life. I call it the "movie that keeps playing in my head".In part why I drink so much, methinks.
Yeah, sometimes it's the only way to get any sleep. :(

I'll be hanging out in this thread tonight because I have a 19 month old and a pregnant wife, and that's the way baseball go.
No kid yet, but GB a party right down the street were pregnant wife can drive home and I can stay drinking and walk home.....and she's completely cool with it.

Hi.I'm still at work. I hate Q4 and I hate all of you.Although I'm having a few beers with my boss. But I get to be back here in 8 hours because our dock workers feel that triple-time tomorrow isn't worth coming in for 6 hours. One quit on Tuesday and another quit today. Once I load a truck, I get to sit here for another 6 hours while I wait for another customer to be done. You eMMer eFFers better be around to help me get through the day
Hey GB SLBIII'm sipping a Bloody Mary and thinking of you. :lol:

Hi.I'm still at work. I hate Q4 and I hate all of you.Although I'm having a few beers with my boss. But I get to be back here in 8 hours because our dock workers feel that triple-time tomorrow isn't worth coming in for 6 hours. One quit on Tuesday and another quit today. Once I load a truck, I get to sit here for another 6 hours while I wait for another customer to be done. You eMMer eFFers better be around to help me get through the day
Hey GB SLBIII'm sipping a Bloody Mary and thinking of you. :lol:
:finger:Merry New Year, GB!

I witnessed a grab and dash robbery at Walgreen's today.
You gotta do better than that. Details, teacher..details.
I had been tooling about, searching for a can of Planters Brittle Nut Medley, becuase my cousin gave it out to his guests at Christmas dinner, and I think it's just about the yummiest snack ever. I had already hit a grocery store and Big Lots. And even though I'd scored some buffalo flavored cashews, I still hadn't fulfilled my quest for even more calories than the feasting, cookies and egg nog. It was a blustery day, with big fluffy snowflakes swirling around me. I pulled up to Walgreen's. Usually I park across the lot, but I noticed that there was an empty space in front of the Red Box, so I pulled in and jumped out of the car and hurried over to beat anyone else since there was only one Red Box there. After tapping my way through the $5 sale, comedies, romance, drama, and top 20, in that order, and finding nothing appealing, I dropped the screen shade and turned to walk up the side of the building and toward the door. As I drew near, I noticed a young hispanic male, with a close cropped hair cut sprint out of the store with his arms around a number of loose items. Simultaneously, a beat up car with a missing grill that had been backed into the space against a wall leaped toward the young man, who dropped all he was holding and half jumped onto the hood of the car. For a split second, I thought it was someone hitting a pedestrian, until she shrieked out the driver's side window, "Get in the car, a**hole!!!" He bent down quickly, gathered up his items, and jumped into the drivers side as she slid over. At this point, I stopped and stared at them, as did a man who was converging on the door at the same time as I was. The car peeled out of the parking lot, and I walked in the store as the doors opened. The cashier near the door calmly told the manager as he walked over that someone had just walked out with a lot of stuff. The manager asked the cashier what he took. She said some things I didn't hear. The man I entered with said he had seen them leave, and I walked over to the food looking for my Brittle Nut Medley, which they didn't have.
Shoulda gone to Rite Aid.Glad you're okay. pretty scary stuff. hate when Red Boxes are out of decent movies.
Red Box movies here are only $1

Try melatonin?I have been using that, and it helps me shut down the brain.

Try melatonin?I have been using that, and it helps me shut down the brain.
We started that last week at 1mg. We are up to 2mg now. It seemed to help at first like the other meds. It seems like he just has a really high tolerance for stuff. Wonder where he gets that from.

Yeah, sometimes it's the only way to get any sleep. :thumbup:
I'm really surprised to find this out about you guys, Bentley too.Krista, I get a lot of work done too. I try to refrain from leaving voice mails but it most definitely happens. I usually take the time to think about strategies and new offerings. However, sometimes I'll get a song in my head and I can't get it out. Once when I was around 12 this happened and I physically got sick. I still hate Magic Bus.I taught myself a trick to self hypnotize myself some years ago that works a lot of the time. I imagine my self lying face down and I slowly start to float up into the air. I imagine how everything gets smaller until I'm in outer space, passing the moon, feeling the coldness and darkness of space, passing the planets etc. I usually start to fall asleep when I'm about to leave the galaxy.

Just wanted to add that this is ridonkulous:

Frostillicus said:
2006: 52 books

2007: 62 books

2008: 43 books (first kid born)

2009: 47 books

2010: 37 books (second kid born)

(yes I keep track)
And TU did 70 in 2010 and is going for 100 in 2011? :thumbup:

If I can get to double digits I'll be happy. Honestly, I don't know how people with kids or a significant other find the time.
Not having either of those and about a one hour subway commute each way help

And the tornado sirens just went off again. Confirmed tornado's in the outskirts.

Headed to the basement.

Tornado's scare the #### out of me. I hope Mrs. SLB gets home from the store soon.

Yeah, sometimes it's the only way to get any sleep. :(
I'm really surprised to find this out about you guys, Bentley too.Krista, I get a lot of work done too. I try to refrain from leaving voice mails but it most definitely happens. I usually take the time to think about strategies and new offerings. However, sometimes I'll get a song in my head and I can't get it out. Once when I was around 12 this happened and I physically got sick. I still hate Magic Bus.I taught myself a trick to self hypnotize myself some years ago that works a lot of the time. I imagine my self lying face down and I slowly start to float up into the air. I imagine how everything gets smaller until I'm in outer space, passing the moon, feeling the coldness and darkness of space, passing the planets etc. I usually start to fall asleep when I'm about to leave the galaxy.
I have the same problem when I start thinking. A relaxation coach basically went through a similar exercise with the beach as the relaxation point. It's since changed to poker hands (for some reason I find that relaxing instead of stressful...I'm generally asleep after two hands). Apparently a lot of people need a relaxtion trigger that tells their brain to shut down :blackdot:

And the tornado sirens just went off again. Confirmed tornado's in the outskirts. Headed to the basement. Tornado's scare the #### out of me. I hope Mrs. SLB gets home from the store soon.
We had some come through our area last year.Mrs.Pack and DaughterPack were out shopping and ended up being locked in a Wal-Mart for nearly 2 hours because of Tornado Warnings. They locked the store down.She wasn't a happy camper.

Yeah, sometimes it's the only way to get any sleep. :goodposting:
Not me. I don't need to drink myself to sleep. I just choose to do it.

I'm going to try that.Have tried Lunesta, Sonata, Ambien, various "PM" stuff (Tylenol, Advil, Myocalm), natural crap like melatonin and valerian, and a few others I've forgotten, all at the highest allowable dosage, all with no success.A doctor prescribed Seroquel, used to treat schizophrenia, to a friend of mine who had similar "brain won't shut down" issues, and she gave me one to try. I took half of one, slept for seven hours straight, and never took it again because that kind of thing scares the crap out of me.* But it's the only thing that ever worked.*Can we rephrase "scared the crap out of me" to "Bonzai'd me"?

I'm going to try that.Have tried Lunesta, Sonata, Ambien, various "PM" stuff (Tylenol, Advil, Myocalm), natural crap like melatonin and valerian, and a few others I've forgotten, all at the highest allowable dosage, all with no success.A doctor prescribed Seroquel, used to treat schizophrenia, to a friend of mine who had similar "brain won't shut down" issues, and she gave me one to try. I took half of one, slept for seven hours straight, and never took it again because that kind of thing scares the crap out of me.* But it's the only thing that ever worked.*Can we rephrase "scared the crap out of me" to "Bonzai'd me"?
I use trazodone. Just half a pill works great, with very little or no grogginess in the morning, and none of the side effects of turning into a weirdo like Ambien.

And the tornado sirens just went off again. Confirmed tornado's in the outskirts. Headed to the basement. Tornado's scare the #### out of me. I hope Mrs. SLB gets home from the store soon.
GLGB. :goodposting: That stuff is supposed to be coming our way about 2 p.m. Was supposed to go to the Liberty Bowl today, but no way I'm getting out in that. Should be interesting to see how/if they even play the game (starting at 2:30).

So basically nearly everyone who regularly participates in this thread:

1. Drinks too much

2. Has trouble sleeping

3. Was a slacker in college

Interesting.

So basically nearly everyone who regularly participates in this thread:1. Drinks too much2. Has trouble sleeping3. Was a slacker in collegeInteresting.
1. Mrs. Osaurus says I don't drink enough2. No way. 3. Who wasn't?I guess I need to post more in here and things will change.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the tornado sirens just went off again. Confirmed tornado's in the outskirts.

Headed to the basement.

Tornado's scare the #### out of me. I hope Mrs. SLB gets home from the store soon.
GLGB. :( That stuff is supposed to be coming our way about 2 p.m. Was supposed to go to the Liberty Bowl today, but no way I'm getting out in that. Should be interesting to see how/if they even play the game (starting at 2:30).
All clear. Some crazy damage though.It's like 70 degrees and really sunny right now. Very odd 12/31 for sure.

Headed to the basement.

GLGB. :( That stuff is supposed to be coming our way about 2 p.m. Was supposed to go to the Liberty Bowl today, but no way I'm getting out in that. Should be interesting to see how/if they even play the game (starting at 2:30).
All clear. Some crazy damage though.It's like 70 degrees and really sunny right now. Very odd 12/31 for sure.
Awful pictures. :( Glad you guys are OK.Tornado watch in effect now until 7 p.m. for the counties just north of us. Please stay north, Mr. Storm. kthx

Headed to the basement.

GLGB. :thumbup: That stuff is supposed to be coming our way about 2 p.m. Was supposed to go to the Liberty Bowl today, but no way I'm getting out in that. Should be interesting to see how/if they even play the game (starting at 2:30).
Awful pictures. :( Glad you guys are OK.Tornado watch in effect now until 7 p.m. for the counties just north of us. Please stay north, Mr. Storm. kthx
That pick of the truck on its side is about a block from a client's building. Stay north??!! I'm north!!

From what I'm watching on TV it did some major damage in south city and west of here.

Just got SS statement in the mail.

I've been paying in since 1987. :clearsthroat:

Full retirement (67) my payment would be about $2523 a month

Age 70 $3139 a month

Age 62 $1763 a month

I like jokes. Jokes are funny.

Headed to the basement.

GLGB. :thumbup: That stuff is supposed to be coming our way about 2 p.m. Was supposed to go to the Liberty Bowl today, but no way I'm getting out in that. Should be interesting to see how/if they even play the game (starting at 2:30).
That pick of the truck on its side is about a block from a client's building. Stay north??!! I'm north!!

From what I'm watching on TV it did some major damage in south city and west of here.
Mr. Storm, please stay slightly north. kthx

Yeah, sometimes it's the only way to get any sleep. :thumbup:
Ya'lls need to start smoking some weed before you go to bed. Few hits, glass of wine/Jameson/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So basically nearly everyone who regularly participates in this thread:1. Drinks too much2. Has trouble sleeping3. Was a slacker in collegeInteresting.
And don't forget:#4 has a story about ####ing in their pants#5 has gotten caught self-pleasuring himself in numerous awkward situations#6 loves bacon

Users who are viewing this thread