What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (6 Viewers)

I'd rather see a football game than Pearl Jam.
wow. you really hate PJ. watching Tevares Jackson makes me physically ill. I think the Seahawks are making it a little too obvious that they want Luck, and they'll do anything to get that #1 pick.
Football is football.I don't hate PJ, I just think they're kind of dopey. I used to like them. A lot. I even have a copy of this, and apparently there are only 1500 or something. But they lost me with that 2nd album, we just went our separate ways. TeenTruck and PJ grew apart.
Kinda where I went with them, only I was in my 20s. Jeremy was so overplayed that I just can't stomach it anymore. REM's Stand thinks that one was worn out. Also, when that song "Where or Where has my BABY been" was the END the end for me. Can't believe the hardcore fans can back them after that.
IIRC, was a cover that was released as a single for some charity to raise money...then it blew up to their biggest single of all time. It was for a good cause, and was just something fun for them to do. Not like they wrote it and were selling out to the fans.If I never hear that song again, I'll be just fine.
So if I suck a guy off for charity, does that mean it doesn't count?
for charity or to get the purchase order, no those don't count. Or prison, that doesn't count either.

I like the theme here. My head is banging. Put me down for all of it, I think, cept mr. brownstone, thank god.Just saw John Daly's meltdown today in Austria. He ended up quitting on the 15th. :lmao: God I love that guy. He was wearing pants with dollar bills all over them. :moneybag: I am going to order some now. Show up in those next time we play??? :lmao: I am ordering Damon a pair as well.
:excited: :excited:

Jeff Goldblum is in 2 of the best movies in American cinematic history. Jurrasic Park and Independance Day. Jeff Goldblum is an American Hero.

Yes I'm drinking a beer on the toilet.

I don't think I am going anywhere tonight, reeling still. I did however just polish off my first Pacifico and 15 advil and things are looking up, slightly. Could it be dance party night in GMTAM, sponsored by Nigel Tufnel???

:moonwalkthenpointsaturbanhack:

As long as we're checking boxes:

I've never used a needle. And I have never smoked cocaine. :unsure:

Go ahead and check the rest of 'em.
I think this sums it up for me. I also never used a pipe to liquify/evaporate a solid substance for inhalation.I've also only eaten mushrooms you can buy at the grocery store, but I consider this a mistake of my 20's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cracked my first beer in 6 weeks. I assume my diet coach, Bender, is no longer reading this thread, so I'm probably going to avoid reprimand. It was glorious btw. I had two, but I'm saving the other 4 for tailgating tomorrow. I was already planning on drinking, but figured I'd buy a sixer of decent beer because I'm sure I'd have something and didn't want to resort to Miller/Bud Lite/Light. Now I'm remembering I need to load the flaskS.

Oh, I'm not much of a bowler at all. I had lunch with my BIL today and neither of us wanted to go back to work early. We bowled a frame instead. I'm pretty sure this is going to become a weekly thing.

Just to point out how much I'm not a bowler, I needed the extra frame to hit 100 on the nose. :bag:

I cracked my first beer in 6 weeks. I assume my diet coach, Bender, is no longer reading this thread, so I'm probably going to avoid reprimand. It was glorious btw. I had two, but I'm saving the other 4 for tailgating tomorrow. I was already planning on drinking, but figured I'd buy a sixer of decent beer because I'm sure I'd have something and didn't want to resort to Miller/Bud Lite/Light. Now I'm remembering I need to load the flaskS.
How much you down, assuming you've been following the progrom?

I had a bad trip on liquid acid, made a really stupid mistake and took too much. I didn't think I was gonna come out of it; it was the worst. That was the last time I did that.

Can we get some beer counts in here tonight? Curious who the boozers are...

YES, big sack for BYU-1 1/2! GO BYU -1 1/2!!!

San Diego St. (3-0) +8.5

#22 MICHIGAN (3-0) -8.5 MICHIGAN: Line is -10 on covers and yet still 60%+ are taking Michigan.

Notre Dame (1-2) -5.5 NOTRE DAME: Line is -7 on covers and again 60%+ PICK ND. Although I love Ray Graham

PITTSBURGH (2-1) +5.5

North Carolina (3-0) +5.5

#25 GEORGIA TECH (3-0) -5.5 GEORGIA TECH: -6.5 , 71.43% on Covers

Georgia (1-2) -10.5 GEORGIA: Screw Ole Miss after that pounding by Vandy

MISSISSIPPI (1-2) +10.5

Temple (2-1) +9.5 TEMPLE: Bernard Pierce can keep them in this with the running game.

MARYLAND (1-1) -9.5

UCLA (1-2) +2.5

OREGON ST. (0-2) -2.5 OREGON ST: Line now -4.5.

#14 Arkansas (3-0) +12.5 ARKANSAS: Ugh, tough pick here. Just think the line is too much.

#3 ALABAMA (3-0) -12.5

Kansas St. (2-0) +13.5

MIAMI FLA (1-1) -13.5 MIAMI: GO JACORY

Southern Miss (2-1) +3.5

VIRGINIA (2-1) -3.5 VIRGINIA: GO KEVIN PARKS!

#11 Florida St. (2-1) -3.5

#21 CLEMSON (3-0) +3.5 CLEMSON: This line has moved a ton…it was FSU +2.5…seems weird.

California (3-0) +3.5

WASHINGTON (2-1) -3.5 WASHINGTON: Because I hate Kevin Riley.

Colorado (1-2) +14.5

OHIO ST. (2-1) -14.5 tOSU: at -16.5 now.

#7 Oklahoma St. (3-0) +2.5 OKLAHOMA ST: Toss up here.

#8 TEXAS A&M (2-0) -2.5

#15 Florida (3-0) -17.5 FLORIDA: Kentucky blows.

KENTUCKY (2-1) +17.5

Vanderbilt (3-0) +15.5 VANDERBILT: Coming off of a nice win, can they keep it close at least?

#12 SOUTH CAROLINA (3-0) -15.5

#9 Nebraska (3-0) -22.5 NEBRASKA: One more smash job before B10 play begins?

WYOMING (3-0) +22.5

Missouri (2-1) +21.5

#1 OKLAHOMA (2-0) -21.5 OKLAHOMA: I think defense runs circles around Mizzou's QB

#2 LSU (3-0) -5.5 LSU: Did I see Jarrett Lee make some good throws last week?

#16 WEST VIRGINIA (3-0) +5.5

#23 USC (3-0) +2.5

ARIZONA ST. (2-1) -2.5 ASU: I think USC blows this one on the road.

#10 Oregon (2-1) -13.5 OREGON: Quack attack at -14.5 and 75% picked on covers.com

ARIZONA (1-2) +13.5

Tiebreaker Total - Oklahoma St. at Texas A&M (68.5): 65

I like SDSU quite a bit, they can win that game outright. Hoping to get 11 tomorrow. Wait 'til you see Hillman, if you haven't already. Could very well be the best RB in the nation. Hoke knows as much and will sell-out to stop him I assume, but Lindley will make him pay for that, as long as he keeps his cool. Ronnie will end up breaking one in the 2nd half...

I had a huge weekend last sat/sun. In the unlikely event I repeat...

early picks

NFL

Det -3 (-120)/ 1.5u

SD -14.5 / 1u

Bal -4 / 1u

Atl -1.5 / 1.5u

Ari -3 (-125) / 1u

Pit -10.5 / 1u

NCAA

UCF +2 / .5u

Miami FL -10.5 / .5u

SMU -22.5 / .5u

Maryl -8.5 / .3u

Georgia -10 / .4u

Ark +11.5 / .5u

Ark +320 / .5u

Ark/Ala ovr 50 / .5u

SDSU +10.5 / .3u

Notre D -7 (-115) / .4u

Vandy +16 / .4u

Van/Usc u50 / .3u

Baylor -20.5 / .5u

OkSU +4.5 / 1u

Tulsa +28 / .5u

Tul/BSU o62 / .5u
We agree on all of those, only disagree on Maryland and SDSU, but both lines are different from YSR's.

I like SDSU quite a bit, they can win that game outright. Hoping to get 11 tomorrow. Wait 'til you see Hillman, if you haven't already. Could very well be the best RB in the nation. Hoke knows as much and will sell-out to stop him I assume, but Lindley will make him pay for that, as long as he keeps his cool. Ronnie will end up breaking one in the 2nd half...
Yeah, no doubt that they can put up some points. I'm worried about their D and kicking game though.

16 pounds as of this morning. The first week was hell, but where I saw the biggest drop, naturally. I spent a couple of days with the family around labor day and strayed off course here and there, but nothing which caused a relapse to having carb withdrawals again. The weekend following that, I was sick, so I made my standard chicken soup and added the potatoes I normally add, so for about 3 days, I was off course again (french bread too).I've been back on track the past couple of weeks and while I'm dropping slowly, I'm still losing weight at a decent clip (1 pound a week at least). I could probably do more, but slow and steady/diet change is what I'm looking for here.

Bender's basic instructions were "less than 20 carbs per day." It seemed ridculous at first, but it's perfectly normal for me now. Those two beers, however, probably tripled my daily allotment combined with the carbs I regularly have. 4 beers on tap for tomorrow, but I'm looking at it like a 1 1/2 day celebration and then I'll be back on track.

20 more pounds should do the trick. 20 more after that wouldn't hurt and that's my goal.

I bolded the correct portion in my OP or BRONG.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 pounds as of this morning. The first week was hell, but where I saw the biggest drop, naturally. I spent a couple of days with the family around labor day and strayed off course here and there, but nothing which caused a relapse to having carb withdrawals again. The weekend following that, I was sick, so I made my standard chicken soup and added the potatoes I normally add, so for about 3 days, I was off course again (french bread too).I've been back on track the past couple of weeks and while I'm dropping slowly, I'm still losing weight at a decent clip (1 pound a week at least). I could probably do more, but slow and steady/diet change is what I'm looking for here.

Bender's basic instructions were "less than 20 carbs per day." It seemed ridculous at first, but it's perfectly normal for me now. Those two beers, however, probably tripled my daily allotment combined with the carbs I regularly have. 4 beers on tap for tomorrow, but I'm looking at it like a 1 1/2 day celebration and then I'll be back on track.

20 more pounds should do the trick. 20 more after that wouldn't hurt and that's my goal.
Bender Atkins?

YSR> Of course I'm interested...if only to continue going .500 every single week. How does this happen?

I'll post my picks within the hour.
Well, to be honest, I'm considering letting Mr. YSR do this week's picks, mostly because he wagers on the games ATS and usually comes out over .500. So, I'm going to give him this weekend's shot. I posted the plays not knowing if you'd like to keep your own record for the season.I have actually followed your plays for the most part thus far and I think we can still do this thing. Love to continue to see your picks and/or analysis if it won't be too much of a cross-post from the wagering thread.
Yeah, no worries. I definitely would like to see how I can end up.
I've followed your plays with real money the last two weeks, so continue posting your picks here.

I had a bad trip on liquid acid, made a really stupid mistake and took too much. I didn't think I was gonna come out of it; it was the worst. That was the last time I did that.Can we get some beer counts in here tonight? Curious who the boozers are...YES, big sack for BYU-1 1/2! GO BYU -1 1/2!!!
Go UCF +110. :unsure:

gm, if you ever decide to take the kids fishing again, i found a spectacular spot near Madras you can take the kids and virtually guarantee you'll catch 3-5 lb wild trout. no boat required. PM if interested.
:wub:
How about GM taking a couple of his degenerate buddies?I'd fly up for a weekend to get drunk and catch fish with sonny and gm
:goodposting:
very :goodposting:
What the hell gm? You've got four GBs practically begging to take you out fishing and drinking and you don't even respond? I thought you needed to learn how to fish so you could teach your boys the manly arts.
Tell you what, fellas. If you guys are SERIOUS about coming out to Oregon, we will rent a house in Sun River and fly fish on the Deschutes. We can also play golf, ski, river raft and play lots and lots of poker. Because of the economy, we can probably find a monster house for very cheap. Considering our penchant for talking a big game but never really delivering, I suggest we target June 2012.
If you will be performing charitable acts, I am there. In all seriousness, if I can convince my wife it is normal for me to meet up with a bunch of guys from a message board for a weekend I will try my hardest to make it.

San Diego St. (3-0) +8.5

#22 MICHIGAN (3-0) -8.5 MICHIGAN: Line is -10 on covers and yet still 60%+ are taking Michigan.

Notre Dame (1-2) -5.5 NOTRE DAME: Line is -7 on covers and again 60%+ PICK ND. Although I love Ray Graham

PITTSBURGH (2-1) +5.5

North Carolina (3-0) +5.5

#25 GEORGIA TECH (3-0) -5.5 GEORGIA TECH: -6.5 , 71.43% on Covers

Georgia (1-2) -10.5 GEORGIA: Screw Ole Miss after that pounding by Vandy

MISSISSIPPI (1-2) +10.5

Temple (2-1) +9.5 TEMPLE: Bernard Pierce can keep them in this with the running game.

MARYLAND (1-1) -9.5

UCLA (1-2) +2.5

OREGON ST. (0-2) -2.5 OREGON ST: Line now -4.5.

#14 Arkansas (3-0) +12.5 ARKANSAS: Ugh, tough pick here. Just think the line is too much.

#3 ALABAMA (3-0) -12.5

Kansas St. (2-0) +13.5

MIAMI FLA (1-1) -13.5 MIAMI: GO JACORY

Southern Miss (2-1) +3.5

VIRGINIA (2-1) -3.5 VIRGINIA: GO KEVIN PARKS!

#11 Florida St. (2-1) -3.5

#21 CLEMSON (3-0) +3.5 CLEMSON: This line has moved a ton…it was FSU +2.5…seems weird.

California (3-0) +3.5

WASHINGTON (2-1) -3.5 WASHINGTON: Because I hate Kevin Riley.

Colorado (1-2) +14.5

OHIO ST. (2-1) -14.5 tOSU: at -16.5 now.

#7 Oklahoma St. (3-0) +2.5 OKLAHOMA ST: Toss up here.

#8 TEXAS A&M (2-0) -2.5

#15 Florida (3-0) -17.5 FLORIDA: Kentucky blows.

KENTUCKY (2-1) +17.5

Vanderbilt (3-0) +15.5 VANDERBILT: Coming off of a nice win, can they keep it close at least?

#12 SOUTH CAROLINA (3-0) -15.5

#9 Nebraska (3-0) -22.5 NEBRASKA: One more smash job before B10 play begins?

WYOMING (3-0) +22.5

Missouri (2-1) +21.5

#1 OKLAHOMA (2-0) -21.5 OKLAHOMA: I think defense runs circles around Mizzou's QB

#2 LSU (3-0) -5.5 LSU: Did I see Jarrett Lee make some good throws last week?

#16 WEST VIRGINIA (3-0) +5.5

#23 USC (3-0) +2.5

ARIZONA ST. (2-1) -2.5 ASU: I think USC blows this one on the road.

#10 Oregon (2-1) -13.5 OREGON: Quack attack at -14.5 and 75% picked on covers.com

ARIZONA (1-2) +13.5

Tiebreaker Total - Oklahoma St. at Texas A&M (68.5): 65
:hifive:

I had a bad trip on liquid acid, made a really stupid mistake and took too much. I didn't think I was gonna come out of it; it was the worst. That was the last time I did that.Can we get some beer counts in here tonight? Curious who the boozers are...YES, big sack for BYU-1 1/2! GO BYU -1 1/2!!!
Go UCF +110. :unsure:
Yeah, that was stupid of me, just wanted a bet. You're on the right side, as you know. I was hoping to get off at half but that didn't happen. Now I'm stuck rooting for a team I can't stand too. #### me.

Hey St Louis Robert.... via textual messages with GM earlier, if GM would've sent me something I wanted, I was going to post a pic of my sack on your FB page. Lucky for you GM didn't come thru. Or maybe unlucky for you?

The amount of hair growing in my nose these days is just ridiculous.
I finally bought one of those nose trimmers. I have a few that are completely white. What's that all about?
There's probly a 5-page thread on the best clippers to buy. I don't wanna go through all that, which ones do I buy?
I bought cheap as-seen-on-tv ones. Hell if I know.
This white nose hair thing is becoming an issue for me too. It makes it look like there is something in my nose, when in reality its a just a white hair. Lets talk about your pubes (rhymes with lubes) any whitey's down there?

I finally bought one of those nose trimmers. I have a few that are completely white. What's that all about?
There's probly a 5-page thread on the best clippers to buy. I don't wanna go through all that, which ones do I buy?
This white nose hair thing is becoming an issue for me too. It makes it look like there is something in my nose, when in reality its a just a white hair. Lets talk about your pubes (rhymes with lubes) any whitey's down there?
No white pubes that I'm aware of.

gm, if you ever decide to take the kids fishing again, i found a spectacular spot near Madras you can take the kids and virtually guarantee you'll catch 3-5 lb wild trout. no boat required. PM if interested.
How about GM taking a couple of his degenerate buddies?I'd fly up for a weekend to get drunk and catch fish with sonny and gm
What the hell gm? You've got four GBs practically begging to take you out fishing and drinking and you don't even respond? I thought you needed to learn how to fish so you could teach your boys the manly arts.
Pretty sure jeep would be all over a fishing trip as well...

No white pubes that I'm aware of.
GMTAN Pubes Hair Notebook updated. Brong, how about you?

Tell you what, fellas. If you guys are SERIOUS about coming out to Oregon, we will rent a house in Sun River and fly fish on the Deschutes. We can also play golf, ski, river raft and play lots and lots of poker. Because of the economy, we can probably find a monster house for very cheap. Considering our penchant for talking a big game but never really delivering, I suggest we target June 2012.
That should work...

That should work...
I wanna go, but i don't want to fish or do anything that takes a lot of energy.

Users who are viewing this thread