What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

So help me, I promised my son to take him to see "Real Steel" this weekend. Pretty sure this is going to be the biggest steaming pile of #### ever put on film.

Also, wanted to give a :thumbsup: for all the pictures posted in this thread. Love all of them.

'Mr. Pickles said:
'dharmapunk said:
'BassNBrew said:
'Mr. Pickles said:
'mr. furley said:
'Mr. Pickles said:
Hows Pickles Jr doing?
Eating like a hoss and starting to coo.
serious lack of pics here, dr. who
little pickle
My condolences.
That is the most serious baby I've ever seen.I don't mean that as an insult or a compliment. Just saying. The little guy is about to make a shark move.
Yeah, this little ham 'n' egger is all about serious business. I think that might be his poo-making face, which is to say that's his usual face.He also rolled over at five weeks. I think that obliterates shuke's superbaby record.
Shuke's baby slept though the night the first day home from the hospital IIRC.P.S. Did beagle send you that onesie?

So I get home from work yesterday and want to mow the lawn. I get the keys and go out to the shed.Unlock the shed, can't get the key out, so I jiggle it a little like I normally have to, the keychain falls apart, and as I'm looking down I see the key to the lawnmower take one hop and right between he wood slats that make up the ramp to the shed.No effing way. I look over the situation, decide we must have a spare key. WRONGGo back out and look again. I decide to get a crowbar. Back to the garage get crowbar.Go back to the shed, the guy that lived here before me was a hack, so I figured this would be easy, pry off the slat, get key, pound slat back on. WRONG. The one thing he did right, screwed it in. I was able to pry it up just enough to see the key and swear it was laughing at me. Swear at it again.Back to the garage, to find a needle-nose pliers. I also grabbed a snake magnet and a tin snips. Why the tin snips? I don't know, it was long and thin.Back to the shed. Pry it open enough to get the snake magnet in there, and it grabs the key. Pull it out slowly but the opening isn't big enough and the key pops off. Back in with the magnet, this time the key turns, but doesn't fall off...... SUCCESS!!!!!Get the mower out and drive it around front, but notice it's not turning very easily. I inspect the mower and find I have a flat tire. Decide to take tire off and go get it filled, only taking the tire off would be a PITA so I decide to run to Home Depot and buy a compressor.Get home fill tire. Fire up the mower, and get about a 1/4 of the way done and run out of gas. I forgot I ran it really low last time planning for winter.Head to gas station, fill gas can, get back home, fill tank up a little bit and finally finish mowing the lawn. A 2 1/2 hour job that normally takes me about an hour or so, :wall: :wall:
Is this left over from April? I'm confused.
Happened Tuesday before the Brewer/DBack game:shrug:

So I get home from work yesterday and want to mow the lawn. I get the keys and go out to the shed.Unlock the shed, can't get the key out, so I jiggle it a little like I normally have to, the keychain falls apart, and as I'm looking down I see the key to the lawnmower take one hop and right between he wood slats that make up the ramp to the shed.No effing way. I look over the situation, decide we must have a spare key. WRONGGo back out and look again. I decide to get a crowbar. Back to the garage get crowbar.Go back to the shed, the guy that lived here before me was a hack, so I figured this would be easy, pry off the slat, get key, pound slat back on. WRONG. The one thing he did right, screwed it in. I was able to pry it up just enough to see the key and swear it was laughing at me. Swear at it again.Back to the garage, to find a needle-nose pliers. I also grabbed a snake magnet and a tin snips. Why the tin snips? I don't know, it was long and thin.Back to the shed. Pry it open enough to get the snake magnet in there, and it grabs the key. Pull it out slowly but the opening isn't big enough and the key pops off. Back in with the magnet, this time the key turns, but doesn't fall off...... SUCCESS!!!!!Get the mower out and drive it around front, but notice it's not turning very easily. I inspect the mower and find I have a flat tire. Decide to take tire off and go get it filled, only taking the tire off would be a PITA so I decide to run to Home Depot and buy a compressor.Get home fill tire. Fire up the mower, and get about a 1/4 of the way done and run out of gas. I forgot I ran it really low last time planning for winter.Head to gas station, fill gas can, get back home, fill tank up a little bit and finally finish mowing the lawn. A 2 1/2 hour job that normally takes me about an hour or so, :wall: :wall:
I love living in a condo. $125 check every month makes me immune to stuff like this.
Sounds better and better all the time.

I heart Cory Hart.
You can have him I wish we would have gotten rid of the airhead this year.
Wow. Twins will take him...
Relax. Pack is prone to overreaction and not-thinking-it-through-itude.
A 2 1/2 hour job that normally takes me about an hour or so, :wall: :wall:
Oh, hello Pack :coffee: ;)
Corey Hart is an airhead. Only guy I know that got picked off at least 3 times this year at 1b. Do not like the guy.And Mister Smarty pants, that is a true story.It happened. :shrug:

'Guster said:
'shuke said:
Just saw the invite list for a buddy's bachelor party. Headed to Windsor the weekend of the 21st and staying at Caesar's. It's a group of about a dozen of the heaviest drinking, dirtiest bastards I know. Should be...interesting
If you've done a bachelor party in Vegas before, be prepared to be bored out of your skull.
Haven't done either, but this group of friends tends to take things to the extreme. I imagine that most of the time will be spent drinking and looking at moderately attractive females removing their clothing for money. I'm a pretty good drinker when it comes to beer, but my buddy that is getting married can drink liquor faster than I can drink beer. If I were to create a competitive drinking league, several of these guys would be first round draft picks.
You're acting like there isn't such a thing.

Oh yeah. Totally forgot to tell you guys. X is playing in Bakersfield again in December. Just thought you'd like to know.
http://xtheband.com/
we’re coming over…The Los Angeles Tour 2011Posted on August 6, 2011 by X the band the Los Angeles tour celebrates the 31st Anniversary of the album that began X‘s career, and defined an entire musical genre. Coincidentally, the rights to the film by long-time friend Bill Morgan – X: The Unheard Music had recently been returned to him. The band wanted to mark not only their debut album , but also to share this remarkable film as a sort of place holder. It reminds you of what the context was for the band and the city at that time.The show begins with the screening of X: The Unheard Music followed by the band performing the Los Angeles album in its entirety, followed by the band performing another approx. 45 mins of material from their other albums.
I'll be at the Chicago show next month. Can't wait
Holy ####, this ruled. The doc was cool, but a little long ('bout 1:30) for something to stand through before standing through a show. Regardless......John Doe hasn't lost a thing in his 30 plus years of performing. The pipes are still prime and he can beat the #### out of a bass with the best of them. Going in, I was a little worried about Exene. Know she has MS and from what you see in concert clips on youtube, there are good night and bad nights, but she was on last night. And I think Billy Zoom is the happiest guy on the planet. He just stood there, with perfect posture and a ####-eating grin on his face, and effortlessly blazed through the rock-a-billy lics that help make X complete. Life seems a little more complete now that I've seen them live. Kind of cursing myself for not doing it sooner.

'McJose said:
'Frostillicus said:
'McJose said:
'Frostillicus said:
You wear a tie to work every day? I thought you were a teacher/game show contestant?
Every day. I used to be a khakis/Dockers + collared shirt kind of guy. Then about 7 years ago they hired this Mormon guy who started making us look bad.
chat still available
No idea where chat is.
McJose cannot receive new messages.Probably because he has too many ties.

'Homer J Simpson said:
It's getting worse.

I mentioned recently that I wish my fellow bartenders wouldn't always pour me doubles. She pours triples, and then mocks myanhood when I sigh and shake my head.

But man, I really want to bang her friend that's coming in later.
I have the same problem. A single is a double, a double is half a fifth in a giant mug that Mayans like you drink out of. "Hey, it's Bob".
'McJose said:
No idea where chat is.
:goodposting:
'Mr. Pickles said:
'dharmapunk said:
'BassNBrew said:
'Mr. Pickles said:
'mr. furley said:
'Mr. Pickles said:
Hows Pickles Jr doing?
little pickle
My condolences.
That is the most serious baby I've ever seen.I don't mean that as an insult or a compliment. Just saying. The little guy is about to make a shark move.
Yeah, this little ham 'n' egger is all about serious business. I think that might be his poo-making face, which is to say that's his usual face.He also rolled over at five weeks. I think that obliterates shuke's superbaby record.
My oldest rolled over around 5 weeks. Was walking at 40, reading at 160, stole my computer password at 250 and was stealing my credit card number at 300.Good looking kid, Congrats!

'Early_10 said:
He has your smile. Congrats. :thumbup:
:lmao:

So help me, I promised my son to take him to see "Real Steel" this weekend. Pretty sure this is going to be the biggest steaming pile of #### ever put on film. Also, wanted to give a :thumbsup: for all the pictures posted in this thread. Love all of them.
I think it look entertaining. And Huge Ackson is dreamy.

Went to the bar last night for the first time during my new diet. Something will have to give.

Had one beer, one Crown on the rocks and 10 chips with salsa. The waitress lost intrest pretty quick when I switched to water with lemon and my buddy switched to Diet Coke (he is counting calories as well). My bar tab was 1/5th of what it normally is, I tipped 100% and still felt like it was barely worth going out.

'Mr. Pickles said:
'McJose said:
'Mr. Pickles said:
'mr. furley said:
'Mr. Pickles said:
Hows Pickles Jr doing?
little pickle
Smith-Barney makes its money the old fashioned way...they eaaaarnnnn it.
I'm forgetting this reference, but something about all babies looking like John Houseman?
Yes

Oh yeah. Totally forgot to tell you guys. X is playing in Bakersfield again in December. Just thought you'd like to know.
http://xtheband.com/
we’re coming over…The Los Angeles Tour 2011Posted on August 6, 2011 by X the band the Los Angeles tour celebrates the 31st Anniversary of the album that began X‘s career, and defined an entire musical genre. Coincidentally, the rights to the film by long-time friend Bill Morgan – X: The Unheard Music had recently been returned to him. The band wanted to mark not only their debut album , but also to share this remarkable film as a sort of place holder. It reminds you of what the context was for the band and the city at that time.The show begins with the screening of X: The Unheard Music followed by the band performing the Los Angeles album in its entirety, followed by the band performing another approx. 45 mins of material from their other albums.
I'll be at the Chicago show next month. Can't wait
Holy ####, this ruled. The doc was cool, but a little long ('bout 1:30) for something to stand through before standing through a show. Regardless......John Doe hasn't lost a thing in his 30 plus years of performing. The pipes are still prime and he can beat the #### out of a bass with the best of them. Going in, I was a little worried about Exene. Know she has MS and from what you see in concert clips on youtube, there are good night and bad nights, but she was on last night. And I think Billy Zoom is the happiest guy on the planet. He just stood there, with perfect posture and a ####-eating grin on his face, and effortlessly blazed through the rock-a-billy lics that help make X complete. Life seems a little more complete now that I've seen them live. Kind of cursing myself for not doing it sooner.
Yeah they are one of the best live bands I've ever seen. They just come out and play the everloving crap out of their songs. Can't wait until December to see them again.

'Guster said:
'shuke said:
Just saw the invite list for a buddy's bachelor party. Headed to Windsor the weekend of the 21st and staying at Caesar's. It's a group of about a dozen of the heaviest drinking, dirtiest bastards I know. Should be...interesting
If you've done a bachelor party in Vegas before, be prepared to be bored out of your skull.
Haven't done either, but this group of friends tends to take things to the extreme. I imagine that most of the time will be spent drinking and looking at moderately attractive females removing their clothing for money. I'm a pretty good drinker when it comes to beer, but my buddy that is getting married can drink liquor faster than I can drink beer. If I were to create a competitive drinking league, several of these guys would be first round draft picks.
You're acting like there isn't such a thing.
drinking is an exhibition, not a competition. don't cheapen it.

'Guster said:
'shuke said:
I'm not sure about this. Drinking and strip clubs in Vegas? You sure you're thinking of the right place? Your super crazy friends may have a hard time finding something like that in Vegas.

'Guster said:
'shuke said:
I'm not sure about this. Drinking and strip clubs in Vegas? You sure you're thinking of the right place? Your super crazy friends may have a hard time finding something like that in Vegas.
They're not going to Vegas.

'Guster said:
'shuke said:
Windsor, Ontario isn't really anywhere close to Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Guster said:
'shuke said:
Thanks for that. Which one are you? Lewis or Clark?

'Guster said:
'shuke said:
Which makes it even more strange. The mystery deepens. :bag:

'Guster said:
'shuke said:
Pocahontas

'Guster said:
'shuke said:
Pocahontas
:rolleyes: She was a cartoon.A very hot cartoon.

Attn Pickles and Shuke - Send GM your paypal email address
I did this already. Days ago. :facepalm:
He's using the ol' "I'm on a plane traveling, please send me the info" shtick.
That would have worked circa 2002.
"Can you guys do me a huge favor and email me Shuke's and Pickle's email-paypal addresses? Flying to Phily now, will process these when I check into hotel assuming ####-### paypal is done processing my transfer."

Attn Pickles and Shuke - Send GM your paypal email address
I did this already. Days ago. :facepalm:
He's using the ol' "I'm on a plane traveling, please send me the info" shtick.
That would have worked circa 2002.
"Can you guys do me a huge favor and email me Shuke's and Pickle's email-paypal addresses? Flying to Phily now, will process these when I check into hotel assuming ####-### paypal is done processing my transfer."
:deepsigh:Taking my irked shtick to email. Wish me luck. Hoping for a meltdown.

I got stung by the same WASP 3 times on Tuesday evening. ******* snuck under my shirt for a double. I did a girl scream and flailed my arms when I realized I was under siege. Changed my shirt and the little ####er somehow got under that one too for another.

Things seems to be biting me lately. Hey OOOOOooooo

I got stung by the same WASP 3 times on Tuesday evening. ******* snuck under my shirt for a double. I did a girl scream and flailed my arms when I realized I was under siege. Changed my shirt and the little ####er somehow got under that one too for another.Things seems to be biting me lately. Hey OOOOOooooo
You've really fallen apart over the years.

'dharmapunk said:
Around the age of 30 I started getting wicked hangovers. I've always been prone to them, but my thirties ushered in a new height of agony and pain. Vomiting every hour on the hour until noon. Severe dehydration and general weakness. Roaring headaches (especially if wine was involved). All that.

I adapted. Before I'd go to bed I would slug down a liter of Gatorade with a horse pill of a multivitamen. That helped, but I was still in rough shape every morning.

I'm 38 now. Over the past 16 months I've become a workout warrior. It started as an attempt to deal with stress, then took on a passion all its own.

And here's the thing: I don't get hangovers anymore. Oh sure I feel a little weathered when I wake up and maybe the old brain synapses don't fire off as quickly, but other than some general sluggishness, I'm fine.

So this is what I'm getting at. I think working out has allowed me to finally become the dedicated alcoholic I've always wanted to be. Hemingway would be proud.

:thumbup:
So you're saying I should start working out? ####

'dharmapunk said:
Around the age of 30 I started getting wicked hangovers. I've always been prone to them, but my thirties ushered in a new height of agony and pain. Vomiting every hour on the hour until noon. Severe dehydration and general weakness. Roaring headaches (especially if wine was involved). All that.

I adapted. Before I'd go to bed I would slug down a liter of Gatorade with a horse pill of a multivitamen. That helped, but I was still in rough shape every morning.

I'm 38 now. Over the past 16 months I've become a workout warrior. It started as an attempt to deal with stress, then took on a passion all its own.

And here's the thing: I don't get hangovers anymore. Oh sure I feel a little weathered when I wake up and maybe the old brain synapses don't fire off as quickly, but other than some general sluggishness, I'm fine.

So this is what I'm getting at. I think working out has allowed me to finally become the dedicated alcoholic I've always wanted to be. Hemingway would be proud.

Welcome, friend.

'dharmapunk said:

I just turned 43 this year and hangovers have killed me at work. Not so much feeling like crap, but just feeling tired. I've been riding my bike to work since June. I've found out that the bike ride does wonders if I've drank the night before. I can feel ####ty when I wake up, but then feel great at work after the shower and bike ride. :excited:

'dharmapunk said:

I just turned 43 this year and hangovers have killed me at work. Not so much feeling like crap, but just feeling tired. I've been riding my bike to work since June. I've found out that the bike ride does wonders if I've drank the night before. I can feel ####ty when I wake up, but then feel great at work after the shower and bike ride. :excited:
I walk 4-6 miles almost every day. Coincidence?

'McJose said:
Is there anything dumber than a teenage boy? I think not.My 17 year old has to be at school a little earlier tomorrow to go on some school trip. Him: I have to be at school by 8 tomorrow.Me: OK, I can give you a ride (he usually walks).Him: What time do you normally leave?Me: :mellow: Him: What?Me: You're here every morning when I leave for work.Him: Yeah but I'm usually in the shower. Me: Dude, don't you see me putting on my tie etc every single morning when you're getting into the shower?Him: Yeah, but you're gone when I get out.Me: You get in the shower every morning at 7:15, 7:20 at the latest right?Him: Yeah.Me: And how long are in you the shower? 5? 10 minutes?Him: Closer to 5 probably.Me: And by then I'm gone, right?Him: YeahMe: I'm going to let you come up with a ballpark figure as to what time I leave.Him: Soooo...you can give me ride?Me: No, not any more.Him: But I'll have a suitcase!Me: It'll be good for you.
Yeah, there are definitely times I wish the doctor would have pulled the syringe out and emptied it on her stomach.

'dharmapunk said:

How are your hips?

'dharmapunk said:

How are your hips?
dreamy

Users who are viewing this thread