What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (11 Viewers)

So I've got this student this year. There's nothing really wrong with him but he's just a space-case. 10 minutes ago we had this exchange.

Kid: Mr. Alias?

Me: Yes?

Kid: You know how yesterday everybody celebrated the Super Bowl.

Me: Uh...yeah, sure.

Kid: Well what about that one girl that died?

Me: What girl was that?

Kid: That Hanna girl.

Me: I'm not sure who you're talking about.

Kid: :mellow:

Me: :mellow:

Me: :unsure:

So I just went on. :shrug:

It's really windy today. It's not unusual for there to be a fire somewhere. Usually something oil or farming related. Just a couple of minutes after that kid and I had that exchange a fairly strong odor of smoke creeps into the room. Of course ALL the kids notice it and start talking about it. I tell them "There's probably a fire a few miles away and we can smell it because of the wind."

A couple of minutes later a call comes over the PA saying that the same kid as above needed to come to the office. As he's walking out the door he stops and waves me over. I ask him what he needs.

Kid: Do you smell that smoke? It smells like there's a fire somewhere.

Me: :confused: We just talke...nevermind. You better hurry up to the office.

Preface> what follows is nerdy to the extreme. Lit-dork nerdy. Academic nerdy. Not cool video game or internet nerdy. I'm telling it only to make Guster and Gadzook's tales of love look that much better.

Story> Oh man I want to rail this Sexy Prof.

Today we're covering Little Red Riding Hood from a Jungian perspective - archetypes and all that noise. She lectures about how Red's red cape is a symbol of sexual transition (the start of menstruation, or as Homer calls it, "play ball!"). So in a way it means feminine sexuality. We also cover how there's two male types in these tales: the Big Bad Wolf, who's a highly sexualized predator, and The Hunter, who's the good guy who saves the day. Men tend to be both to whatever degree.

So I notice Sexy Prof is wearing a red jacket today. After her lecture I go down and say, "Ok, I don't want you to think I'm a wolf, but I have to know...your red jacket, that a conscious or unconscious decision?"

She smiles and says, "One: you are totally a wolf. And two: a very conscious decision."

We laugh. I say I'm not a wolf. She insists that I am. I say ok but I'm only part wolf and I'm conscious of it. She smiles. The other TAs shift uncomfortably. The thermostat explodes in the background.

This is hot stuff, people. You can learn a lot from English nerd flirting techniques. :thumbup:
Starts at 19 secs (Best link I could find)

Holy crap. Just got to see and feel 4 boobs simultaneously. 2 are fake, but spectacular, and the other 2 are bedazzled. Going to go buy Mexican pharmaceuticals now.

FIRE SALE

kindle Fires now get a $50 gift card when purchased at WalMart for 199

I really recommend getting one of these

Is there any good reason why the thread about the halftime show is still going? I haven't ventured in there since this morning.

Preface> what follows is nerdy to the extreme. Lit-dork nerdy. Academic nerdy. Not cool video game or internet nerdy. I'm telling it only to make Guster and Gadzook's tales of love look that much better.

Story> Oh man I want to rail this Sexy Prof.

Today we're covering Little Red Riding Hood from a Jungian perspective - archetypes and all that noise. She lectures about how Red's red cape is a symbol of sexual transition (the start of menstruation, or as Homer calls it, "play ball!"). So in a way it means feminine sexuality. We also cover how there's two male types in these tales: the Big Bad Wolf, who's a highly sexualized predator, and The Hunter, who's the good guy who saves the day. Men tend to be both to whatever degree.

So I notice Sexy Prof is wearing a red jacket today. After her lecture I go down and say, "Ok, I don't want you to think I'm a wolf, but I have to know...your red jacket, that a conscious or unconscious decision?"

She smiles and says, "One: you are totally a wolf. And two: a very conscious decision."

We laugh. I say I'm not a wolf. She insists that I am. I say ok but I'm only part wolf and I'm conscious of it. She smiles. The other TAs shift uncomfortably. The thermostat explodes in the background.

This is hot stuff, people. You can learn a lot from English nerd flirting techniques. :thumbup:
Yes! Yes! (I love how she's wearing red too.)

Why do people say, "You can't make this stuff up"?

Of course, you can. You can make anything up. That's why it's called "made up".

I watched the first half at my parents' house as that was the ONLY invite I got for the Superbowl. 39 years old, beautiful wife, two great kids....and yet not one stinking invite to watch the Superbowl. I might as well done the "walk of shame" going into their house where my mom offered us leftovers and argued with my father over the lighting in the den like Frank and Estell Costanza. However, I got a last minute text to go to a buddy's house right before we went over, so we decided to leave at halftime from my parents and go to my buddy's....thus, I was forced to listen to the radio feed in the car.
S'up Whitey? Miss you.

Charv- who's the goalie that also shreds electric guitar ? Heavy metal guy who lives in Jonestown (on lake Travis).

So, I walk into my climate controlled office, fire up the Keurig for a cup of Newman's Organic Extra Bold while docking my JesusPhone on my desk HD receiver, start up Spotify and listen to the new Dar Williams album. Boot up my computer and post on a message board while my daily reports run. The worst part of my day will be a boring two hour conference call where I get to play Words with Friends, on said JesusPhone, while waiting for my turns to talk. The best part of the day will be the times LOTR girl comes in and playfully flirts in my office.

Meanwhile my Dad at 61 is putting on a knee brace, a week from getting knee replacement surgery, still going to the same job he has had for 30 years where he will log close to 10 miles walking as he does his job as a house manager.

Shoot me in the face if I ever tell my kids how much harder I had to work than they did "back in the day."

I spent the day yesterday pulling up tack strips and carpet pad staples in about 2000 square feet of house. Came home to a lovely greeting card (with cats!) from Cat Shirt Bob, with a Panera gift card included. :wub:

One of these days I'm going to start giving back to this place.

I spent the day yesterday pulling up tack strips and carpet pad staples in about 2000 square feet of house. Came home to a lovely greeting card (with cats!) from Cat Shirt Bob, with a Panera gift card included. :wub:

I've done that on more than one occasion. Good times.

I've done that on more than one occasion. Good times.
It's pretty terrible. Those little staples are #######s. I have ~ another 300 square feet to go today, and when I finish that, I get to do ceiling sheetrock demo. :football:

Just got back from dinner. Going to play shot glass roulette in the bath.
I'm not sure what this is exactly but I'm intrigued.
I had 7-8, so if Bradshaw doesn't score that touchdown (and they kick the FG to win) I would have won $400.
If I had bought one of those $1000 squares in SLB's pool AND had his numbers I would have won $25k.
:lmao:
:lmao:
I spent the day yesterday pulling up tack strips and carpet pad staples in about 2000 square feet of house. Came home to a lovely greeting card (with cats!) from Cat Shirt Bob, with a Panera gift card included. :wub:One of these days I'm going to start giving back to this place.
Happy Birthday :thumbup:

My innernets has been down at my house since last night which means I needed to be in the office first things this morning. That isn't so bad but I REALLY needed to get my walk in. That was a rough weekend....

My innernets has been down at my house since last night which means I needed to be in the office first things this morning. That isn't so bad but I REALLY needed to get my walk in. That was a rough weekend....
Sorry you are having trouble carrying home all that money you won gb.

Poker wasn't kind to me. I started off on fire again and was ready to put another guy out when my luck changed. I hung in there but couldn't mount a comeback. Around 9pm I lost a $500+ post with a 3's over A's FH to a 6's over A's FH. I don't even remember what game we were playing. I started hitting the magic cookies pretty hard after that.

Poker wasn't kind to me. I started off on fire again and was ready to put another guy out when my luck changed. I hung in there but couldn't mount a comeback. Around 9pm I lost a $500+ post with a 3's over A's FH to a 6's over A's FH. I don't even remember what game we were playing. I started hitting the magic cookies pretty hard after that.
cry me a ####### river

cry me a ####### river
:lmao: :lmao: Remember this number was part of The Syndicate, I don't get the whole $25k. I did quite fine on Sunday though all things considered.

cry me a ####### river
:lmao: :lmao: Remember this number was part of The Syndicate, I don't get the whole $25k. I did quite fine on Sunday though all things considered.
I guess you didn't get my PM Saturday, telling you to sign me up with the Syndicate.

Users who are viewing this thread