What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (8 Viewers)

:hifive:As I posted in the Otis thread, I had 4 yards of gravel delivered last Saturday and I got done today shoveling and hauling it. It was about 3/4 of a dump truck full. A freaking lot. My arms/back/legs are tired but 'll tell you what, there is nothing that makes you feel more like a man than a bunch of tough physical labor.So I had figure I better fire up some whiskeys and happy smoke to celebrate.

Question for the GMTAN attorneys and/or anyone involved in small business:

A little over a year ago, I (stupidly :wall: ) signed a personal guarantee for a phone system for our 2nd office (which we sold to an investor a few months later). I don't even remember doing it, but things were really crazy at the time that we were looking into the phone systems, and the leasing company is claiming that I did. My husband owned the business at the time, so he signed as well.

Fast forward a year, and we both just got letters from the leasing company saying that the payments are past due. I called the woman to whom he sold the business in April 2011, and apparently, that business went under in November of 2011. So she just stopped paying the lease for the phones.

So, as of now, my husband and I are on the hook for $7500 and some change. He explained to the leasing company that we sold the business, but they kept coming back to the personal guarantees.

We are happy to keep him on there as a guarantor and pay down the debt as soon as we can (it may or may not be in as timely a manner as they would like), but I have excellent credit and we would like to keep it that way.

Is there ever any way to get removed as a personal guarantor?

Seems like as good a place as any to ask...what movie is it where there is a guy who may be a badass, but I forget, sitting behind a guy with what I assume is a Mexican accent in a movie theater who takes a call on his cell phone. I think the guy behind takes the phone and hangs it up and gives it back to the guy, who then calls the person back again and goes back to talking over the movie. The guy who may or may not be a badass then grabs the phone and throws it at the wall the approval of the people in the theater. What is that?

Seems like as good a place as any to ask...what movie is it where there is a guy who may be a badass, but I forget, sitting behind a guy with what I assume is a Mexican accent in a movie theater who takes a call on his cell phone. I think the guy behind takes the phone and hangs it up and gives it back to the guy, who then calls the person back again and goes back to talking over the movie. The guy who may or may not be a badass then grabs the phone and throws it at the wall the approval of the people in the theater. What is that?
Stripes I think.

:hifive: As I posted in the Otis thread, I had 4 yards of gravel delivered last Saturday and I got done today shoveling and hauling it. It was about 3/4 of a dump truck full. A freaking lot. My arms/back/legs are tired but 'll tell you what, there is nothing that makes you feel more like a man than a bunch of tough physical labor.

So I had figure I better fire up some whiskeys and happy smoke to celebrate.
You making a path or something?

"I Am Curious (Yellow)"

Stripes I think.
Nah, it's something relatively recent. I keep thinking it was Raylan on Justified, but it's not.

Stripes I think.
Nah, it's something relatively recent. I keep thinking it was Raylan on Justified, but it's not.
The Muppets

:hifive: As I posted in the Otis thread, I had 4 yards of gravel delivered last Saturday and I got done today shoveling and hauling it. It was about 3/4 of a dump truck full. A freaking lot. My arms/back/legs are tired but 'll tell you what, there is nothing that makes you feel more like a man than a bunch of tough physical labor.

Yep. It looks a lot better than this now but still not finished yet.

Stripes I think.
The Muppets
ALF was my favorite.

That's horrible. You really suck at path-making.

Stripes I think.
The Muppets
ALF was my favorite.
:lmao:

Stripes I think.
The Muppets
ALF was my favorite.
The Andromeda Strain imo

:lmao: I said it wasn't done yet. :angry:

:lmao: I said it wasn't done yet. :angry:
Oh, my bad. Looks great then.

:coffee:Can't decide if I'm drunk or just tired. 8 hours alone with the kid tomorrow. Ooff
Anything less than 20 Keystones and you're just tired.
Two bud lights. Six shiner hate pale ales 4 keystones 2 of the worst Heineken lights ever. I'm getting there.
Who counts the number of beers they drink?
THANK YOU!teh ####....
FOR WHAT?

:coffee:Can't decide if I'm drunk or just tired. 8 hours alone with the kid tomorrow. Ooff
Anything less than 20 Keystones and you're just tired.
Two bud lights. Six shiner hate pale ales 4 keystones 2 of the worst Heineken lights ever. I'm getting there.
Who counts the number of beers they drink?
THANK YOU!teh ####....
FOR WHAT?
For saying what needed to be said....don't count your beers. It'll just depress you/I/We.

I think the last time I counted beers was when I was 19 and there were 3 of us splitting a case. Had to make sure you got your fair share.

YSR - without seeing the personal guaranty document, hard to say, but the bad news is probably not, though the holder will likely be amenable to working something out and not affecting your credit...

YSR - without seeing the personal guaranty document, hard to say, but the bad news is probably not, though the holder will likely be amenable to working something out and not affecting your credit...
That's kind of what I figured. Just trying to see if there are any options out there. Just kind of sucks, but I'll chalk it up to mistakes of the past and do the best we can to move forward. Thanks for the input.

That's kind of what I figured. Just trying to see if there are any options out there. Just kind of sucks, but I'll chalk it up to mistakes of the past and do the best we can to move forward. Thanks for the input.
I'd be happy to look at the guaranty for you (if you have a copy of it - if you don't, I'd request a copy from the holder...they ought to be happy to send it to you). Or you might want to talk to the more smarter attorney guys around here.

At 4pm central today I leave work and will not return for two weeks as I have back-to-back trips to Florida and then Chicago. I'm going to try to look really busy all day and avoid any and all eye contract so nobody ends up giving me any real work to do.

I'd be happy to look at the guaranty for you (if you have a copy of it - if you don't, I'd request a copy from the holder...they ought to be happy to send it to you). Or you might want to talk to the more smarter attorney guys around here.
Is there any way she can sue you people?

At 4pm central today I leave work and will not return for two weeks as I have back-to-back trips to Florida and then Chicago. I'm going to try to look really busy all day and avoid any and all eye contract so nobody ends up giving me any real work to do.
Watch out for Lumbergh around 3:45.

when's the Chicago cornhole?

Is there any way she can sue you people?
:rolleyes:He's clearly representing me now and is going to see this thing through to the end. Why would I sue him?

Users who are viewing this thread