What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Idiot drivers (2 Viewers)

I leave work out of our parking garage we have a light. There is a right only lane and a left/straight lane. The road you turn right/left on is busier. I'd say 2/3 of the people in the left/straight lane are turning left. The people going left the opposite way try and cut past me at least 1 day a week even though I'm going straight. I have to stop in the middle of the intersection or have a head on collision. They are usually the ones without a blinker and they assume I'm doing the same thing.

News flash I'm not using a blinker because I'm not turning. Always pisses me off.

People who slow down and brake approaching green lights.
Either I'm misunderstanding or I haven't seen this. Why would anyone brake at a green light?
Because they're idiots.

I've seen this- goes hand in hand with people who brake for invisible/non-existant squirrels on the highway.
Or the people who are clearly lost and are driving 20 mph under the speed limit trying to read signs or house numbers. And when you honk at them, they throw up their hands as if to say, "What do you expect me to do? I'm lost!" Umm. How about pull over and get the hell off of the road?

Either I'm misunderstanding or I haven't seen this. Why would anyone brake at a green light?
Because they're idiots.

I've seen this- goes hand in hand with people who brake for invisible/non-existant squirrels on the highway.
Or the people who are clearly lost and are driving 20 mph under the speed limit trying to read signs or house numbers. And when you honk at them, they throw up their hands as if to say, "What do you expect me to do? I'm lost!" Umm. How about pull over and get the hell off of the road?
That is why God gives us GPS, so we don't get F'ing lost!!!!

How about the "drivers" that can not get their car all the way into the left turn lane basically straddling the lane line so I either have to clip them, slam on my brakes or swerve into the next lane and sideswipe another car? T

When did left turn drivers stop pulling into the intersection, instead deciding they'd stay back at the solid white line? Pulling into an intersection that you knew you'd clear on red used to be the norm, not so much anymore.

Drives me nuts.

TheIronSheik said:
El Floppo said:
sports_fan said:
TheIronSheik said:
Because they're idiots.

:lmao:

- Guy who misses his turn and has to stop or otherwise block lanes of traffic to get over instead of taking his medicine, driving up to the next light, and making a u-turn. People are so impatient and entitled

- People who slow down to 10mph and then signal. Yeah, it's no longer a mystery you are going to turn now, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This has nothing to do with bad drivers. I really love those crosswalk signals that count down to when the light turns red. As I'm approaching a green light on a highway, I can tell from a distance whether I'm going to make the light or whether I should take my foot off the gas and cruise to a stop.

People who s l o w l y get into the left or right turn lane, or who don't get all the way into the turn lane till the very end.

Anyone who tailgates on a 2 lane road and honks/flashes their lights if you are going at least 5 over already.

My neighborhood exits onto a 2 lane 45 mph road. You have to turn left to go into the town center so you are always turning left without a light. It can take a few minutes sometimes. There's always a guy behind you who thinks you should have shot that 25 ft gap.

Same intersection, but across the 45mph road is an entrance to another neighborhood. Much nicer than my area. Probably avg home is 750k. Lots of women in Lexus and Infinity SUVs.They turn right to head toward the city center, while our neighborhood turns left. I can tell you how many times you see a clearing after waiting 1 minute or more and when you start to go some entitled ##### who just got there does a rolling right hand stop and turn and by the time she's gone your gap closed up.

I've started to peel out when they start to do this. The noise awakens them from their phone call then the throw their hands up like I just did something wrong.

My neighborhood exits onto a 2 lane 45 mph road. You have to turn left to go into the town center so you are always turning left without a light. It can take a few minutes sometimes. There's always a guy behind you who thinks you should have shot that 25 ft gap.

Same intersection, but across the 45mph road is an entrance to another neighborhood. Much nicer than my area. Probably avg home is 750k. Lots of women in Lexus and Infinity SUVs.They turn right to head toward the city center, while our neighborhood turns left. I can tell you how many times you see a clearing after waiting 1 minute or more and when you start to go some entitled ##### who just got there does a rolling right hand stop and turn and by the time she's gone your gap closed up.

I've started to peel out when they start to do this. The noise awakens them from their phone call then the throw their hands up like I just did something wrong.
Sounds like you need a traffic light

This has nothing to do with bad drivers. I really love those crosswalk signals that count down to when the light turns red. As I'm approaching a green light on a highway, I can tell from a distance whether I'm going to make the light or whether I should take my foot off the gas and cruise to a stop.
The federal highway standards are requiring those on new installations and a deadline to retrofit older pedestrian signals to hace the countdown timer as they found them really effective.

Yes we do. Not gonna happen though.

The federal highway standards are requiring those on new installations and a deadline to retrofit older pedestrian signals to hace the countdown timer as they found them really effective.
That's what I'm talking about

All it takes is one man and a dream

All it takes is one man and a dream
You really think I should hit one of those entitled #####es? Interesting

Dippa said:
Guy who drives through the parking lot diagonally through rows of empty spaces as if there are no traffic rules. I hope for the day that I see two of these morons crash into each other.
Yep. Had a guy come close to hitting me at Home Depot. Then gave me a dirty look as if it would've been my fault.

Dippa said:
Guy who drives through the parking lot diagonally through rows of empty spaces as if there are no traffic rules. I hope for the day that I see two of these morons crash into each other.
Yep. Had a guy come close to hitting me at Home Depot. Then gave me a dirty look as if it would've been my fault.
Sorry about that

Motorcycle dude who won't pick a lane to ride in and weaves in and out of cars to pass. He usually trumps his move by passing on the center line to avoid waiting when two cars are side by side. I am so waiting for one of them to just totally get splatted.

Motorcycle dude who won't pick a lane to ride in and weaves in and out of cars to pass. He usually trumps his move by passing on the center line to avoid waiting when two cars are side by side. I am so waiting for one of them to just totally get splatted.
I'll say this then duck behind the couch...

Those are usually the same bikers who complain about people in 4 (or more) wheeled vehicles not paying attention and watching for guys on bikes. I'll admit that there are those out there, but the bikers have to drive right too.

:scared:

Mr. Ected said:
TheIronSheik said:
El Floppo said:
sports_fan said:
TheIronSheik said:
Because they're idiots.

That is why God gives us GPS, so we don't get F'ing lost!!!!
I did this today. My wonderful rental car had a GPS with a less than current map. When I was circling the airport for the third time because the ####### thing kept directing me to a road that had been blown up I decided it was time to improvise. Sorry form the inconvenience #######s

I'll say this then duck behind the couch...

Those are usually the same bikers who complain about people in 4 (or more) wheeled vehicles not paying attention and watching for guys on bikes. I'll admit that there are those out there, but the bikers have to drive right too.

:scared:
I try to keep bikers in mind because they can be hard to see. But they guy who rides my tail (or someone else who doesn't pay attention) when passing and then guns it down the middle to jump the right lane before I can move over is going to get himself killed.

I can't stand the drivers who use me as a blocker so they can speed. I do speed pretty much all the time and I hate those guys that you pass on the freeway and then they speed up and mirror my speed from a couple car lengths back...

Insein said:
I think a certain percentage of roads should be reserved for those that scored 100% on a driving exam. It motivate people to learn how to drive better in order to get access to those roads. Today there is no motivation to know more than the passing grade.
Like many things in life, how you do on a paper test has absolutely no bearing on how you perform a physical action.
When did they get rid of the driving exam?

I can't stand the drivers who use me as a blocker so they can speed. I do speed pretty much all the time and I hate those guys that you pass on the freeway and then they speed up and mirror my speed from a couple car lengths back...
Why? It make you stand out less to a cop as well. I do this heading through Wisconsin all the time. Get a caravan sometimes and fly.

Reegus said:
NutterButter said:
sports_fan said:
What's best practice for merging in construction zones?

Say you're in the left lane which is blocked off up ahead. You still have a decent stretch of road before you reach the point where you have to merge. The right lane is backed up. Your lane is moving considerably better than the right lane. Do you stay in your lane as long as possible? Or merge right as soon as possible?

It seems like it's in everyone's best interest to use both lanes as long as possible. But cutting your way to the front is a #### move.
As long as possible. People really seem to have a hard time merging; they have to do it like a mile ahead of time. Its such a simple concept.
Am I a #### for sitting in the middle of both lanes so no one can cut in front of me. I did it this morning, the guy was raging behind me who wanted to cut.
Yes. You are the worst kind of ****. I would pass you on the shoulder.

Insein said:
I think a certain percentage of roads should be reserved for those that scored 100% on a driving exam. It motivate people to learn how to drive better in order to get access to those roads. Today there is no motivation to know more than the passing grade.
Like many things in life, how you do on a paper test has absolutely no bearing on how you perform a physical action.
Moving your way through a parking lot at 5mph also has no bearing on how you drive on the road.

Insein said:
Moving your way through a parking lot at 5mph also has no bearing on how you drive on the road.

Why? It make you stand out less to a cop as well. I do this heading through Wisconsin all the time. Get a caravan sometimes and fly.
My thoughts as well. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned, as long as everyone's giving each other space and driving respectfully. It is nice if others take turns in front, though, if you're together for a long time.

The guy who comes up to a stoplight using the right turn lane in two lane traffic. When the light turns green, he guns it to get in front of you, with no intention of ever turning right.

Insein said:
That is the driving exam.

The guy who comes up to a stoplight using the right turn lane in two lane traffic. When the light turns green, he guns it to get in front of you, with no intention of ever turning right.
Is there a lane ahead of him that merges eventually or is it just one lane and a turning lane meaning he near misses the median to cut you off?

DickMove your darling Prius out of the fast lane and people won't have to swerve around you

Insein said:
No it's not. That's the maneuverability exam. The driving exam is out on the road in traffic.

Reegus said:
NutterButter said:
sports_fan said:
What's best practice for merging in construction zones?

Say you're in the left lane which is blocked off up ahead. You still have a decent stretch of road before you reach the point where you have to merge. The right lane is backed up. Your lane is moving considerably better than the right lane. Do you stay in your lane as long as possible? Or merge right as soon as possible?

It seems like it's in everyone's best interest to use both lanes as long as possible. But cutting your way to the front is a #### move.
As long as possible. People really seem to have a hard time merging; they have to do it like a mile ahead of time. Its such a simple concept.
Am I a #### for sitting in the middle of both lanes so no one can cut in front of me. I did it this morning, the guy was raging behind me who wanted to cut.
Yes. You are the worst kind of ****. I would pass you on the shoulder.
What pisses me off at these spots is that the people merging then allow someone else from the merging lane in front of them. This rewards the folks who wait as long as possible to merge because the merging lane actually moves faster than the lane that isn't merging. If every person in the "mergee" lane let one and only car over while the mergers let nobody else over, both lanes would move at the same %%@$%#& speed.

Insein said:
No it's not. That's the maneuverability exam. The driving exam is out on the road in traffic.
The extent of the road was the traffic light at the end of the parking lot, make a right and then 50 feet later a right back into the parking lot. All while driving about 5-10mph. So yea, not a road test.Unless it was a test on how to drive like grandma.

I am more speaking of the car that hangs back far enough so if there is a trap only the front car gets caught. They mirror every move you make, but from a consistent distance. The thing is if you wanted to speed on your own, I wouldn't have passed you.Just irritates me...

I am more speaking of the car that hangs back far enough so if there is a trap only the front car gets caught. They mirror every move you make, but from a consistent distance. The thing is if you wanted to speed on your own, I wouldn't have passed you.Just irritates me...
Fair enough. I do this a lot too. For exactly the reason you mentioned.

These are the ones that piss me off to no end. The road I take from my house and take to work goes from 25 in town then up to 45 as we head out of town, but are still in the city for a short while. The road then goes from four lanes down to two as we leave town. I really hate the people that do five under when the speed limit goes up to 45 and drive that speed. Then when the road goes down to two lanes these morons speed up and do ten to fifteen over. It's like really? I passed you a mile back when the speed limit went up to 45 and now that speed limit stayed 45 but we lost two lanes you feel the need to get the lead out of your ###. I keep asking what changed? It surely wasn't the speed limit so why are you riding my ### when I'm already doing 7 over. Sometimes I want to pull then out of their cars and after throttling them ask them what their reasoning is for their driving behaviour.
Kind of on the same line, for the last 5 miles of my ride home each day, I wind through 4.5 miles of backwoods, middle of no where roads. The speed limit is 45. I always get behind someone who is riding their brakes doing 25 mph. But for that last .5 miles, we enter back in to a neighborhood where there are kids playing in the streets and riding bikes. The speed limit drops to 25. That's when these same idiots who were doing 20 under the speed limit speed up to 45 mph.

Anyone who speeds through a neighborhood or school zone should be put away for life.

Insein said:
The extent of the road was the traffic light at the end of the parking lot, make a right and then 50 feet later a right back into the parking lot. All while driving about 5-10mph. So yea, not a road test.Unless it was a test on how to drive like grandma.
I'll ask again, when did they get rid of the driving exam?

Because what you are describing isn't what I had to do at all. I had to drive the examiner around in traffic for 15 to 20 minutes. I put at least 5 miles on the car as he instructed me to do many different actions that I was graded on. It was no "parking lot" and "50 feet" out on the road exam.

Users who are viewing this thread