What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Loaning a chick money 9/9/16 - Bye (1 Viewer)

I still say Girl 3 set you up big time.
Maybe, but why? What's her end game?
To get you out of the picture. Based on what you've said, she clearly doesn't like you, and she likely knew the wife wouldn't react well once she saw the publicly-posted pics of you and her (wearing the wife's jewelry) at a public event looking all snugly. Basically, she set the trap and you walked right into it. Maybe she wants your wife all to herself. Or maybe she just doesn't want you around anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
That you and your wife don't have firm ground rules on the boundaries of your open relationship is on both of you. So you earned your lumps for the whole ticking off your wife with the Girl 3 pics.

But your wife needs to own her responsibility in this as well. And her triangulating your daughter in all of this should rightfully get you angry. If you want to salvage your marriage, I think you need outside professional help.

On an aside: You said your daughter is not stupid about the whole hotel thing. Trust me, she's not stupid about all the women in your life, either. Have you talked to her about them in an honest fashion (obviously the non-FBG version)? If you haven't, let her learn from you rather than her take incomplete information to form her own opinions or worse: letting friends she shares her thoughts with form them. If you haven't and choose not to have this discussion, rethink what you are doing.

The tail tuck move just isn't working. If I was your wife I'd be questioning how serious you are about this as well. An argument where you guys can actually get some things out and clear the air has been needed for some time now, but she slaps you across the face and you're basically like "Uh....okay" with no emotion. That doesn't say serious Ron to me. You're willing to take some charge with weaker entities like druggy chick, but you seem to have resigned yourself to being lower in the pecking order than your wife. That can't work, especially if you're going to randomly push the boundaries without her prior consent.

And the dumb get dumber.
As an isolated situation, it sounds like a stupid idea. All things considered, I just looked at it as it's my wife's friend borrowing her jewelry for an event. Mind you, a girl that my wife introduced me to and has watched my nail multiples times. Why would I think THIS would drive her over the ledge???
it's the whole scenario. letting your personal life overlap into your professional life is the dumbest part of the update. and did you just watch pretty woman recently?? ;)

and letting her wear your wife's wedding/anniversary bands is just plain asking for grief.
it's this ron. you exposed your personal life in public. you exposed your wife's personal life in public. and the jewelery was just so so ####### stupid.

no matter how sordid your lives were, it was private. more or less.

i'm not shocked in the least that she's uber pissed about this seemingly innocuous event.

think of it this way, lots of people do drugs. if someone instagramed their friend, who is, lets say a doctor, snorting a big line or taking a rip on a bong, that dudes life is ####ed. friendship is most likely over. even though they were boys and were partying together. i'm not saying your wife's life is ####ed, but her world, the facade is gone.

and you probably should be single ;)

Bottom line, some major long-term counseling is needed. Boundaries are all over the place, trust has eroded, communication sucks when it occurs at all. Until you guys make the commitment to sit down with a really good shrink on a weekly basis, prognosis for having any kind of quality marriage is 0%. Don't be one of those idiot couples who sticks it out for the kids. Also, any shrink worth a damn doesn't take insurance. You can afford a top one though.

That's all the advice that really means anything in an online forum. No one here knows you personally and it's clear the armchair analysis happening in here isn't having any effect at all.

But please keep us posted whenever you get some strange.

Bottom line, some major long-term counseling is needed. Boundaries are all over the place, trust has eroded, communication sucks when it occurs at all. Until you guys make the commitment to sit down with a really good shrink on a weekly basis, prognosis for having any kind of quality marriage is 0%. Don't be one of those idiot couples who sticks it out for the kids. Also, any shrink worth a damn doesn't take insurance. You can afford a top one though.

That's all the advice that really means anything in an online forum. No one here knows you personally and it's clear the armchair analysis happening in here isn't having any effect at all.

If I'm following along correctly, we are still about 6 weeks back with the last update.

Given that it is the end of the TV season and cliffhangers are abounding, I was just thinking....

.... If Ron turns out to be Donald Sterling that would so rule.

And the dumb get dumber.
As an isolated situation, it sounds like a stupid idea. All things considered, I just looked at it as it's my wife's friend borrowing her jewelry for an event. Mind you, a girl that my wife introduced me to and has watched my nail multiples times. Why would I think THIS would drive her over the ledge???
it's the whole scenario. letting your personal life overlap into your professional life is the dumbest part of the update. and did you just watch pretty woman recently?? ;)

and letting her wear your wife's wedding/anniversary bands is just plain asking for grief.
it's this ron. you exposed your personal life in public. you exposed your wife's personal life in public. and the jewelery was just so so ####### stupid.

no matter how sordid your lives were, it was private. more or less.

i'm not shocked in the least that she's uber pissed about this seemingly innocuous event.

think of it this way, lots of people do drugs. if someone instagramed their friend, who is, lets say a doctor, snorting a big line or taking a rip on a bong, that dudes life is ####ed. friendship is most likely over. even though they were boys and were partying together. i'm not saying your wife's life is ####ed, but her world, the facade is gone.

It really didn't seem all that private to me before this series of events though. Just about everyone at Ron's normal hang outs has to have some clue about what's going on here. All of these women aren't signing non disclosure agreements.

If I'm following along correctly, we are still about 6 weeks back with the last update.
There is no possibility that things have improved in any meaningful way in that amount of time.

Honestly, I'm thinking Ron would be better off without the wife. I used to think she was cool, but she seems like a biter pill out to hurt our hero now. File for joint custody and get out imo.

Honestly, I'm thinking Ron would be better off without the wife. I used to think she was cool, but she seems like a biter pill out to hurt our hero now. File for joint custody and get out imo.
He's said he can't deal with monogamy, so if that's what she wants all of a sudden, there is a simple choice to be made.

And the dumb get dumber.
it's the whole scenario. letting your personal life overlap into your professional life is the dumbest part of the update. and did you just watch pretty woman recently?? ;) and letting her wear your wife's wedding/anniversary bands is just plain asking for grief.
it's this ron. you exposed your personal life in public. you exposed your wife's personal life in public. and the jewelery was just so so ####### stupid.no matter how sordid your lives were, it was private. more or less.

It really didn't seem all that private to me before this series of events though. Just about everyone at Ron's normal hang outs has to have some clue about what's going on here. All of these women aren't signing non disclosure agreements.
Hang outs do not include work functions

Yankee23Fan said:
Given that it is the end of the TV season and cliffhangers are abounding, I was just thinking....

.... If Ron turns out to be Donald Sterling that would so rule.
I'm not sure I could enjoy these threads anymore if Ron's stories were being read in my head in Donald Sterling's Droopy Dog voice...

Arizona Ron said:
Wife: You need to thank your daughter when you see her.

Me: Why?

Wife: She’s the one that wanted you back home, not me.

Me: I would really prefer that she not know about it.

Wife: Too late, I already told her you were staying away because you wanted to be single.

Me: (to myself) :hot: :rant:
Holy hell, that is way out of line, even in this twisted labyrinth of sexual chaos, using the kid as a weapon is severely selfish and messed up. Is she too dumb to realize she's hurting her own kid this way, or doesn't she care?

I know there's injuries all over this battlefield and everyone's to blame for the shrapnel strewn about, but that move was like launching the chemical weapons into things. So wrong.

Arizona Ron said:
Henry Ford said:
Arizona Ron said:
Wife: Hows the single life?

Me: Im not single, Im married to a beautiful woman with a lovely daughter.

Wife: Well, isnt that what you wanted, the single life?

Me: What gave you that idea, I love our family

Wife: Husbands that love their family dont prance around in public with other women.

(aside: What do I say to this comment? No, its your fault? You allowed it? Anything I try to say to justify this will be considered and attack).

Wife: Daughter really misses her daddy and I dont want her to suffer for what you did. So youre welcome home but we need to have a better understanding on the things you do.

Without hesitation, I start packing my stuff; Druggie Girl was at my room with me at the time and overhead the entire conversation; she remained silent the entire time just watching TV. She helps me pack up without discussing my conversation at all but while packing, convinces me for one more :pickle: before I check out. So we do, I shower and call the front desk for a bellhop while Druggie gathers her stuff and leaves.
Oh, Ron.
:confused: What?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love this guy!

UniAlias said:
Steve Tasker said:
At this point I'm rooting for Angie. Seems like a sweet gal.
Her and Rusty would make a great couple.
Rusty would probably knock her up unintentionally. It'd make for a great sitcom.

"Coming to CBS this fall after Mike & Molly: it's Rusty and Angie. She likes to hang out in the bar and ask men for money. He just looks pathetic compared to #16 no matter what he does. But one fateful evening, the stars aligned, and now this ZANY couple is getting all they can handle from their newborn!"

fantasycurse42 said:
McGarnicle said:

That sounds about right.

I'll be shocked if Ron and the mrs. got back together. Just from the way he is wording everything, it sounds like it's over.

Ill probably get railed by some of you for this post.

Fwiw, I think Ron played it probably about as well as you could. The odd thing about the current dynamic is that our superhero has presented himself as this ballin', suave, player! He is the man. And somewhere along the lines he got cuckolded by his wife. Pretty crazy twist in my estimation.

While there is obviously enough blame to go around here...I am of the opinion that Ron has been trying to push the boundaries of this relationship to its breaking point for some time. Perhaps, subconsciously he has wanted this thing to explode for some time and doesn't really know how or have the power to end this once and for all.

He has repeatedly stated that his life isn't all that great or that he would love to trade it for normalcy, etc. But, he refuses to take any action to change the course of the relationship. Instead, of slowing down, looking at the map and deciding the proper course, Ron would rather turn the music to 11, unbuckle the seat belt, roll the windows down and fly down the freeway at 120 mph without a care in the world.

Yeah, his wife has issues. But, all of us plainly/clearly see that Ron ####ed up when he allowed this girl to attend a work event and wear her sentimental jewelry no less. One of the most idiotic things i have read on here.

Here is a pro tip. If your wife is letting you bang other chicks, you should probably do everything in your power to protect/preserve the wife's place as the number one alpha female. Undermining this role was your undoing. And now she is butt hurt and playing these games with your daughter and undermining your role/standing with her.

Maybe he can pull this out and fix it, but at this point I am thinking things are probably beyond repair here. You might be able to continue living under the same roof and coexist for a while. But, any notion that you guys are a family is over and I am sure others more critical of Ron would laugh and suggest that it was over a long, long time ago.

Though I will continue to read this thread, the appeal of this story changed dramatically when I read that a little girl no longer got to see her dad because he was kicked out of the house and was subsequently told that her dad would rather be with other people than her by her mother. Thanks to the mom, the daughter's reality at this moment (though she hasn't quite processed it or understands it) is that dad would rather spend time with other people than me, than with mom, than with us.

Ron's wife is a witch for doing that...but that is the reality of the situation and whether or not it is fair to Ron is irrelevant.

I hope I am wrong and Ron can save the day, reunite the family, live happily ever after, etc.

Fwiw, I think Ron played it probably about as well as you could. The odd thing about the current dynamic is that our superhero has presented himself as this ballin', suave, player! He is the man. And somewhere along the lines he got cuckolded by his wife. Pretty crazy twist in my estimation.

While there is obviously enough blame to go around here...I am of the opinion that Ron has been trying to push the boundaries of this relationship to its breaking point for some time. Perhaps, subconsciously he has wanted this thing to explode for some time and doesn't really know how or have the power to end this once and for all.

He has repeatedly stated that his life isn't all that great or that he would love to trade it for normalcy, etc. But, he refuses to take any action to change the course of the relationship. Instead, of slowing down, looking at the map and deciding the proper course, Ron would rather turn the music to 11, unbuckle the seat belt, roll the windows down and fly down the freeway at 120 mph without a care in the world.

Yeah, his wife has issues. But, all of us plainly/clearly see that Ron ####ed up when he allowed this girl to attend a work event and wear her sentimental jewelry no less. One of the most idiotic things i have read on here.

Here is a pro tip. If your wife is letting you bang other chicks, you should probably do everything in your power to protect/preserve the wife's place as the number one alpha female. Undermining this role was your undoing. And now she is butt hurt and playing these games with your daughter and undermining your role/standing with her.

Maybe he can pull this out and fix it, but at this point I am thinking things are probably beyond repair here. You might be able to continue living under the same roof and coexist for a while. But, any notion that you guys are a family is over and I am sure others more critical of Ron would laugh and suggest that it was over a long, long time ago.

Though I will continue to read this thread, the appeal of this story changed dramatically when I read that a little girl no longer got to see her dad because he was kicked out of the house and was subsequently told that her dad would rather be with other people than her by her mother. Thanks to the mom, the daughter's reality at this moment (though she hasn't quite processed it or understands it) is that dad would rather spend time with other people than me, than with mom, than with us.

Ron's wife is a witch for doing that...but that is the reality of the situation and whether or not it is fair to Ron is irrelevant.

I hope I am wrong and Ron can save the day, reunite the family, live happily ever after, etc.
Can you see how maybe the bolded doesn't all fit together? Played it about as well as he could vs. all the rest of it?

As for the statement to the little girl - that's obviously way, way over the line.

Especially since when he was told he could go home and see his family he threw everything into a suitcase and ran to the door, only to trip and accidentally get a ####### from the "druggie girl" he's been sleeping with.

Maybe, maybe not. If they can both commit the time and emotional capital to see a counselor, acknowledge it's going to be a long and bumpy ride, and agree to make whatever changes are necessary to regain trust, then it's certainly possible.

And maybe those changes don't necessarily have to include monogamy. Since the wife has a strong preference for women, maybe monogamy just isn't realistic (and maybe it isn't on Ron's end either). I think some (most?) people can't be 100% happy banging just one person for the rest of their lives.

UniAlias said:
Steve Tasker said:
At this point I'm rooting for Angie. Seems like a sweet gal.
Her and Rusty would make a great couple.
Rusty would probably knock her up unintentionally. It'd make for a great sitcom. "Coming to CBS this fall after Mike & Molly: it's Rusty and Angie. She likes to hang out in the bar and ask men for money. He just looks pathetic compared to #16 no matter what he does. But one fateful evening, the stars aligned, and now this ZANY couple is getting all they can handle from their newborn!"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Arizona Ron said:

I took everything right on the chin. I don’t believe this is entirely my fault but I didn’t think this was the time to debate that now. Without hesitation, I start packing my stuff;

Wife: You need to thank your daughter when you see her.

Me: Why?

Wife: She’s the one that wanted you back home, not me.

Me: I would really prefer that she not know about it.

Wife: Too late, I already told her you were staying away because you wanted to be single.

Me: (to myself) :hot: :rant:

As I walked into my room, I noticed it was in pristine condition (thanks to Angie I’m guessing) with an unopened pack of cigarettes on the nightstand. I picked up the pack of cigarettes and noticed a small post-it note reading:

welcome home

– Ang :)

Arizona Ron said:
kentric said:
While you may get some abuse for letting yourself be a punching bag, I think you played it right. Your wife is obviously still pissed at you (justified or not, it doesn't matter). She definitely has issues throwing you under the bus with your daughter.
The only thing I can assume is she was 100% checked out of our relationship to do something like that.
I guess these passages sum up my reactions to this point. you pretty well had to eat it coming home and what your wife did with your daughter is unconsciounable. Don't know what to expect for your with your wife, hope for the best for you and your daughter...and GB Angie!

Can you see how maybe the bolded doesn't all fit together? Played it about as well as he could vs. all the rest of it?

As for the statement to the little girl - that's obviously way, way over the line.

Especially since when he was told he could go home and see his family he threw everything into a suitcase and ran to the door, only to trip and accidentally get a ####### from the "druggie girl" he's been sleeping with.
ROTFLMAO @ "trip and accidentally" line.

When I said he played it about as well as he could have, I was referring only to the going home and being quiet/non-confrontational with the wife. That wasn't the time to get into a discussion about who is right/to blame, etc.

ROTFLMAO @ "trip and accidentally" line.

When I said he played it about as well as he could have, I was referring only to the going home and being quiet/non-confrontational with the wife. That wasn't the time to get into a discussion about who is right/to blame, etc.
But being quiet and non-confrontational is a big reason he's in this mess to begin with. The two of them have been banging around with other people for a while, and it doesn't seem like there has been enough communication around that. I don't know if Ron fully understands the wife's sexuality or what the implications are if she really does prefer women over men. He hasn't expressed here that he has any kind of jealous feelings when she's with women more frequently than with him, which I know I would have. He's probably burying those emotions by nailing whores.

Ron's wife is so deep in the closet she's finding Christmas presents. Have her give one to her daughter to make her feel better. :(

The psychology of what is going on here seems pretty straightforward. Ron's wife is more attracted to other woman than him. She has attempted to make him okay with that by allowing him to be with other woman, initially when she was involved but that seems to be few

and far between lately. Ron feel inadequate and attempts to make up for these feelings by banging everything in site. He seems to enjoy the acts themselves but ultimately feels hollow because the one woman he truly wants to be

attracted to him isn't because she like woman. He flaunts the fact that other woman are attracted to him in an attempt to get attention from his wife even if it is negative attention.

Arizona Ron said:
My wife then said she’s tired and is going to bed; she left to her room while I sat on the couch stewing. I had a beer then went up to my room. As I walked into my room, I noticed it was in pristine condition (thanks to Angie I’m guessing) with an unopened pack of cigarettes on the nightstand. I picked up the pack of cigarettes and noticed a small post-it note reading:

welcome home

– Ang :)
Wait, please tell me you don't smoke in your house.....

The psychology of what is going on here seems pretty straightforward. Ron's wife is more attracted to other woman than him. She has attempted to make him okay with that by allowing him to be with other woman, initially when she was involved but that seems to be few

and far between lately. Ron feel inadequate and attempts to make up for these feelings by banging everything in site. He seems to enjoy the acts themselves but ultimately feels hollow because the one woman he truly wants to be

attracted to him isn't because she like woman. He flaunts the fact that other woman are attracted to him in an attempt to get attention from his wife even if it is negative attention.
Which you would think would be a hell of a lot more fun than Ron is making this out to be. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread