What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (1 Viewer)

Brian Windhorst, who covered the Cavs for the Clev Plain Dealer when Brown was the Cavs coach:

"He's sort of a process coach. The Lakers are looking for someone to keep it going. I don't know if they're looking for someone to retool everything... He's taken the reins of a 747, so to speak, that's mid-flight. It's gonna be a real challenge for him. I don't really know how good that's all gonna go.

"What I will say is I'm not surprised at all that he probably impressed the Buss family during the interview process, because he is a very impressive guy to talk to. If you just pay attention to his interviews that he did in Cleveland, you won't think that. You'll sort of think that he's a little bit goofy and sometimes looks aloof. That is not Mike Brown. Mike Brown is one of the most prepared and intelligent basketball minds I've ever been around. His character is literally impeachable."
The bold is the kind of stuff I like to hear.
The last sentence of the bold is exactly the kind of thing I wouldn't want to hear.

Brian Windhorst, who covered the Cavs for the Clev Plain Dealer when Brown was the Cavs coach:

"He's sort of a process coach. The Lakers are looking for someone to keep it going. I don't know if they're looking for someone to retool everything... He's taken the reins of a 747, so to speak, that's mid-flight. It's gonna be a real challenge for him. I don't really know how good that's all gonna go.

"What I will say is I'm not surprised at all that he probably impressed the Buss family during the interview process, because he is a very impressive guy to talk to. If you just pay attention to his interviews that he did in Cleveland, you won't think that. You'll sort of think that he's a little bit goofy and sometimes looks aloof. That is not Mike Brown. Mike Brown is one of the most prepared and intelligent basketball minds I've ever been around. His character is literally impeachable."
The last sentence of the bold is exactly the kind of thing I wouldn't want to hear.
:lmao: Journalists.

:D

If you have 20mins here is the podcast with Windhorst. Made me feel better.1st podcast

'tommyGunZ said:
I like Shaw, and wouldn't have been angry had he been hired, but that's a little too much risk for what's at stake considering the Lakers are built to win immediately.
IMO the Brown hiring hints at the notion the Lakers are not built to win now. if they keep Shaw, they keep the same offense, which says they are making another run with the same group/philosophy. To me, Brown reads as: We need to try something new (playing defense).

'tommyGunZ said:
I like Shaw, and wouldn't have been angry had he been hired, but that's a little too much risk for what's at stake considering the Lakers are built to win immediately.
IMO the Brown hiring hints at the notion the Lakers are not built to win now. if they keep Shaw, they keep the same offense, which says they are making another run with the same group/philosophy. To me, Brown reads as: We need to try something new (playing defense).
As long as they have Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom, they expect to win now.

'tommyGunZ said:
Does this signal a changing of the focus from Bryant to Crynum?

'tommyGunZ said:
Does this signal a changing of the focus from Bryant to Crynum?
I have no idea. But Sports Illustrated reports a source close to Jim Buss says that Bynum is untouchable, he will not be traded even for Howard. (If true, I think that's pretty dumb.)

Users who are viewing this thread