What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (1 Viewer)

Great defense by the Heat. They are so good on D.
Thanks Breen. Celts are 0/30 on fouls when they drive to the hoop. While the refs wait for Lebron / Wade's shots to either go in (no call) or miss (late call).Celts got outplayed that quarter, but make no mistake, they are getting jobbed overall

More evidence of great defense by the Heat- after LeBron missed the last shot, 4 Celtics are running the other way, in what should be an easy fast break. But no- the Heat run down the court, and are in position to prevent the easy basket. It becomes another half-court possession. Garnett ends up scoring anyhow but it's a much more difficult shot. It's little things like this which make Miami such a hard team to beat, especially at home.

That last call was so obvious. Not sure how can anyone can complain about that one.
I thought Pietrus collected himself and Lebron waited so long after the pump fake that it was no longer something worthy of a foul :shrug:
Too much contact once he left his feet and James leaned into him. Regardless, a home team getting some biased officiating in their favor in the NBA is nothing new. It's been that way for as long as I can remember.

I think Ray Allen might be one of my favorite players ever in the NBA. Though I rarely if ever root for the Celtics, I've always rooted for him.
I respect Allen's game, but he's been a Laker nemesis for far too long to ever list him as a "favorite player". C'mon tim.

Thanks Breen. Celts are 0/30 on fouls when they drive to the hoop. While the refs wait for Lebron / Wade's shots to either go in (no call) or miss (late call).

Celts got outplayed that quarter, but make no mistake, they are getting jobbed overall
Come on now. I'm rooting for the Celtics. When you write stuff like this, it makes you look childish, no offense. The home team gets home cooking. If Boston had played better throughout the season, they would have had the home court advantage in this series. But they don't. So they're going to have to pay the price for that, and Miami getting the calls at home is part of that price.

Thanks Breen. Celts are 0/30 on fouls when they drive to the hoop. While the refs wait for Lebron / Wade's shots to either go in (no call) or miss (late call).

Celts got outplayed that quarter, but make no mistake, they are getting jobbed overall
Come on now. I'm rooting for the Celtics. When you write stuff like this, it makes you look childish, no offense. The home team gets home cooking. If Boston had played better throughout the season, they would have had the home court advantage in this series. But they don't. So they're going to have to pay the price for that, and Miami getting the calls at home is part of that price.
Might want to read back a couple pages Tim, pretty much everyone in the thread, Boston fan or otherwise, was in agreement that the refs are especially terrible here. Celtics are playing terribly in the last 10 mins or so, and deserve to be losing by double digits, but it changes the game when you as a team realize you won't get a single call your way, and are getting T'd up for the slightest movement. You stop defending the same way, you start shooting outside shots knowing that going to the lane you are going to get mugged with no call. Page back a few pages and take a look

Might want to read back a couple pages Tim, pretty much everyone in the thread, Boston fan or otherwise, was in agreement that the refs are especially terrible here. Celtics are playing terribly in the last 10 mins or so, and deserve to be losing by double digits, but it changes the game when you as a team realize you won't get a single call your way, and are getting T'd up for the slightest movement. You stop defending the same way, you start shooting outside shots knowing that going to the lane you are going to get mugged with no call. Page back a few pages and take a look
Just because "everyone agrees" (which I doubt anyhow) doesn't make it so. Sometimes refs allow more physical play, sometimes they don't. Good teams adjust their games one way or another. If one team adjusts better than the other one does, what does that tell you? (Personally, I happen to think that Rivers is a much better coach than Spoelstra, so I think Boston WILL make better adjustments as this series progresses, but it won't make too much of a difference overall, since Miami is simply a better team with home court.)

I think Ray Allen might be one of my favorite players ever in the NBA. Though I rarely if ever root for the Celtics, I've always rooted for him.
I respect Allen's game, but he's been a Laker nemesis for far too long to ever list him as a "favorite player". C'mon tim.
:rolleyes: I really don't care about stuff like that. I never have, with any of the teams I root for.
Got a Larry Bird poster on your wall tim? I question the legitimacy of any Laker fan who doesn't have a natural hatred of the guys in green.

:rolleyes: I really don't care about stuff like that. I never have, with any of the teams I root for.
Got a Larry Bird poster on your wall tim? I question the legitimacy of any Laker fan who doesn't have a natural hatred of the guys in green.
:popcorn:

Oh, and complaining about those 1st quarter technicals is pointless. They were obviously about some words exchanged which we have no idea about.

'Britney Spears said:
Oh, and complaining about those 1st quarter technicals is pointless. They were obviously about some words exchanged which we have no idea about.
Good point Brit, hard to tell what Doc is saying herehttp://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1079518/doc.gifOh actually, it is pretty clear, "Come on Eddie!?" Apparently that is now a T

'tommyGunZ said:
'timschochet said:
'tommyGunZ said:
'timschochet said:
1. I don't root for Ray Allen when he's playing the Lakers.2. I never root for the Celtics except when they're playing the Heat.

Therefore in this series I'm rooting for the Celtics AND Ray Allen. If that makes me less of a Laker fan in your eyes, oh well.

Doc needs to reduce Ray's minutes... He cannot keep up right now, cannot shoot unless his feet are perfectly set.

'tommyGunZ said:
'timschochet said:
'tommyGunZ said:
'timschochet said:
1. I don't root for Ray Allen when he's playing the Lakers.2. I never root for the Celtics except when they're playing the Heat.

Therefore in this series I'm rooting for the Celtics AND Ray Allen. If that makes me less of a Laker fan in your eyes, oh well.
This is a bit different than your earlier "Ray Allen is one of my all time favorites players" and your "I don't care about stuff like that" when I suggested you should hate the Celtics.Hey, I'm a Laker fan who grew up in Virginia, so I can't call anyone out. Just making an observation on a comment I've never heard from a Laker fan. :shrug:

'tommyGunZ said:
'timschochet said:
'tommyGunZ said:
'timschochet said:

This is a bit different than your earlier "Ray Allen is one of my all time favorites players" and your "I don't care about stuff like that" when I suggested you should hate the Celtics.

Hey, I'm a Laker fan who grew up in Virginia, so I can't call anyone out. Just making an observation on a comment I've never heard from a Laker fan. :shrug:
Well of course I hate the Celtics. I just don't hate individual players on the Celtics. I can hate the Celtics and still love Ray Allen, I do. I'm a Steeler fan, but there are Raven players I like.Well, strike that last part. I can't really think of any Ravens I like. But theoretically, there could be, I suppose.

This is gonna be a quick series. Allen and Pierce look every bit their age and then some. (Pietrus actually should be starting...Allen off bench if he even plays -- as bad as that sounds.

If Allen's not knocking some 3's...he's useless here.

Compare Allen's playoff #'s this year to his career averages:

He is shooting 27% from 3. And a remarkable 60% from the FT line. (From a guy with 45%FG and 89%FT in his career)

He's just been brutal throughout.

--------------------------------

Bron's playing at an unreal level (both ends). Best I've ever seen him play.

They got to have Bosh for finals to have any shot IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread