What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (2 Viewers)

Bledsoe is headed to the Hornets with Paul and Collison. Chris Paul trade coming soon?
No, its the Thunders pick. OKC is trading 21 and 26 for Aldrich.
ESPN is saying it's 18 and 21
Bledsoe headed to Clips anyway. But Im reading its 21 and 26. We will see.
Where do you see 21 and 26? Yahoo says 18 and 21 too.
Chad Ford on twitter.

Am I the only one here that thinks the Blazers raped the Wolves with that trade?

Gomes and Babbitt for Webster? Really?

Why did the wiz make the trade for kirk, they don't really need 3 6'3" combo guards who all want to play the point. They're just killing themselves for the next 4 years if the bulls can grab 2 of the big fas, while wasting 9 mil a year on a guy who has no spot on the roster.

Why did the wiz make the trade for kirk, they don't really need 3 6'3" combo guards who all want to play the point. They're just killing themselves for the next 4 years if the bulls can grab 2 of the big fas, while wasting 9 mil a year on a guy who has no spot on the roster.
Some how, some way I think they will get rid of Arenas. Prediction: Knicks sign Lebron and Bosh, then send Curry's contract and other trash to the Wiz for Arenas.

Some how, some way I think they will get rid of Arenas. Prediction: Knicks sign Lebron and Bosh, then send Curry's contract and other trash to the Wiz for Arenas.
Why would LeBron and Bosh go to NY, when they can go to the Bulls with Rose-Noah and possibly Deng, or to the Heat with Wade?

No one knows for sure, but there are theories:1. owner Paul Allen wanted Kevin Durant, but Pritchard talked him into Oden

2. Pritchard and his assistant Tom Penn were the ones who thought they could get away with declaring Darius Miles "medically unfit to play" (and therefore cash in on his insurance policy). That move backfired when Memphis signed him, and it cost Allen a bunch of money.

3. failing to do anything with Raef LaFrentz's Expiring Contract

4. Pritchard convinced Allen that the Hedo Türkoglu would be the final piece to a championship puzzle and that it was absolutely worth signing him for 5 years/$50 million. (Granted, the Blazers dodged a bullet on that one, but it sure did make Pritchard look like a fool.)

Plus, Pritchard likes the spotlight and he tends to take credit for things that were likely a collaborative effort.

Why would LeBron and Bosh go to NY, when they can go to the Bulls with Rose-Noah and possibly Deng, or to the Heat with Wade?
Lets just say that LBJ's number one priority isnt winning basketball games.

I've been thinking that was a good idea for months, and I looked into it a little, and it'll be about impossible to pull off without a third team. Arenas makes an absord amount of cash.

I think you're right here too, and I don't blame the dude.I would love to see the nuggets get a pick soon to pick orton, on an unrelated note.

I think you're right here too, and I don't blame the dude.I would love to see the nuggets get a pick soon to pick orton, on an unrelated note.Eta: or whiteside

wiz get booker & the #56 for the #30 & #35

not sure how much I love the deal...but I love the power of BOOKER

Am I the only one here that thinks the Blazers raped the Wolves with that trade?Gomes and Babbitt for Webster? Really?
Babbitt is a poor man's Keith Van Horn and will never crack the Blazers' top 7. Gomes is a solid blue-collar guy but he's been around long enough that you know exactly what you're getting with him (10 points and 5 rebounds).Webster was a starter on a 50-win team, but he's been in the league for 5 years and hasn't shown much progress. Then again, he's only 23 years old.It wasn't a difference-making trade for either team. The biggest beneficiary will be Webster, who now has a chance to thrive without worrying about sharing time with Batum, Fernandez, and Brandon Roy.

Looks like Dominique Jones is headed to the Mavs. I love this!!! No info yet on who the Mavs would be giving up. Just reported on the sports radio station here in Dallas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one here that thinks the Blazers raped the Wolves with that trade?Gomes and Babbitt for Webster? Really?
Babbitt is a poor man's Keith Van Horn and will never crack the Blazers' top 7. Gomes is a solid blue-collar guy but he's been around long enough that you know exactly what you're getting with him (10 points and 5 rebounds).Webster was a starter on a 50-win team, but he's been in the league for 5 years and hasn't shown much progress. Then again, he's only 23 years old.It wasn't a difference-making trade for either team. The biggest beneficiary will be Webster, who now has a chance to thrive without worrying about sharing time with Batum, Fernandez, and Brandon Roy.
I like the Webster addition! I just wish they could have paid a little less for him. I also like the Wolves moving the #23 and their late 2nd for the 30 and 35...*IF* a player like Whiteside will fall. If Whiteside isn't there, I think the trade of #23 with guys like James and Crawford still on the board is ugly.

Love Vasquez. Thought the mocks I saw had him going quite low.

Going to be a player in the league for quite awhile IMO.

LOL ESPN cameras thought that Tibor was some 6' guy in the crowd in a t-shirt & hat that started walking like he got picked Anyone catch that?

LOL ESPN cameras thought that Tibor was some 6' guy in the crowd in a t-shirt & hat that started walking like he got picked Anyone catch that?
Haha, I think they were just showing the crowd and it was poorly timed. He did kill it at the local rec league in that video though. One of the highlights they showed was him standing under the hoop all alone and dunking it, impressive! From what they just showed of him, he is awkward and is going to be a waste of a pick.

Haha, I think they were just showing the crowd and it was poorly timed. He did kill it at the local rec league in that video though. One of the highlights they showed was him standing under the hoop all alone and dunking it, impressive! From what they just showed of him, he is awkward and is going to be a waste of a pick.
Somewhere in a better place, Yinka Dare is looking down and smiling...

One of the highlights the showed of the Euro the Wolves just picked was him grabbing a defensive board off a missed free throw. It was super impressive. God I hate being a Wolves fan. Don't do it Brit. It's not too late.

One of the highlights the showed of the Euro the Wolves just picked was him grabbing a defensive board off a missed free throw. It was super impressive. God I hate being a Wolves fan. Don't do it Brit. It's not too late.
???A young, 6'10" Toni Kukoc...who can dribble/pass like a point guard? Bring him over when Rubio comes over...or the year after. I actually thought that was a very good selection. :lmao:

Kings taking two Centers (Cousins and Whiteside) is interesting. I wonder if they felt Whiteside was too good to pass on or if they aren't planning on Dalembert and Jason Thompson being significant pieces very long.

One of the highlights the showed of the Euro the Wolves just picked was him grabbing a defensive board off a missed free throw. It was super impressive.

God I hate being a Wolves fan. Don't do it Brit. It's not too late.
It was awesome!I don't know that this draft could have gone any worse for the Wolves. What a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread