What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICAL MINNESOTA TWINS 2010 THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

Perfect day for Twins Fans, open up Target field with a win over Boston it doesn't get any better, wait maybe it does

Rauch is 5 for 5 in save opportunities is he the next shut down closer??????????????????????????????/

An announced crowd of 38,145 came to its feet when Jon Rauch, baseball's unlikely save leader, entered for the ninth inning to the sounds of Metallica's "Wherever I May Roam."

Rauch is one of the early feel good stories in baseball this year

GO TWINS

Last edited by a moderator:
—RHP Carl Pavano continues his renaissance following an injury-riddled and tumultuous three-year stint with the New York Yankees. Since joining the Twins last August in a trade with Cleveland, Pavano is 16-12 with a 4.88 ERA. In two starts this season, Pavano, 34, is 2-0 with a 1.38 ERA. In 13 innings, he's walked one and struck out 10.

Pavano steal of the year for the Twins

The Twins announced they were calling up veteran left-handed pitcher Ron Mahay from Class AAA Rochester and demoting Alex Burnett.

Mahay could have something left in tank

Frostillicus said:
Gopher State said:
The Twins announced they were calling up veteran left-handed pitcher Ron Mahay from Class AAA Rochester and demoting Alex Burnett.Mahay could have something left in tank
Somebody want to explain this one to me?
My thoughts are that the Twins wanted another LHP in the pen. Mahay, 38, was 1-0 with a 2.00 ERA in 16 appearances with the Twins last season, and was 0-1 with a 1.93 ERA in four appearances with Class A Fort Myers this spring. Burnett, is ok RHP, but I think the Twins wanted something more from the left side.

Frostillicus said:
Gopher State said:
The Twins announced they were calling up veteran left-handed pitcher Ron Mahay from Class AAA Rochester and demoting Alex Burnett.Mahay could have something left in tank
Somebody want to explain this one to me?
My thoughts are that the Twins wanted another LHP in the pen. Mahay, 38, was 1-0 with a 2.00 ERA in 16 appearances with the Twins last season, and was 0-1 with a 1.93 ERA in four appearances with Class A Fort Myers this spring. Burnett, is ok RHP, but I think the Twins wanted something more from the left side.
It's the only possible explanation, but I'm not sure why they need three lefties.

Francisco Liriano, seven shut out innings today against Bean Town, if Liriano is back this is large for the Twins.

Twins take 2 out 3 from Boston in first series ever at Target Field, now in 1 place central, it doesn't get any better then this :o

Francisco Liriano, seven shut out innings today against Bean Town, if Liriano is back this is large for the Twins.Twins take 2 out 3 from Boston in first series ever at Target Field, now in 1 place central, it doesn't get any better then this :shrug:
Congrats on your division title. May as well start printing t-shirts now.

Francisco Liriano, seven shut out innings today against Bean Town, if Liriano is back this is large for the Twins.Twins take 2 out 3 from Boston in first series ever at Target Field, now in 1 place central, it doesn't get any better then this :goodposting:
Congrats on your division title. May as well start printing t-shirts now.
damm skippy. If anything close to the 2006 Liriano is back, the team is looking a lot better.

With their next nine games against Kansas City and Cleveland, the Twins can't allow themselves to do an overconfident thing. The Royals just knocked off Detroit 2 out of 3 and Cleveland did the same thing in Chicago during the opening series of the season. Twins have to win these division games.

FIRST night game ever at TARGET FIELD tonight ;)

Francisco Liriano, seven shut out innings today against Bean Town, if Liriano is back this is large for the Twins.Twins take 2 out 3 from Boston in first series ever at Target Field, now in 1 place central, it doesn't get any better then this :banned:
This could be the start of something huge. HUGE I tell ya.

Francisco Liriano, seven shut out innings today against Bean Town, if Liriano is back this is large for the Twins.Twins take 2 out 3 from Boston in first series ever at Target Field, now in 1 place central, it doesn't get any better then this :popcorn:
KC bullpen breaks down again. It's gonna be a battle with the Tigers for the Central.

The Twins are atop the American League in runs allowed, at 2.9 per game. Twins pitchers rank third in the league with a 2.91 ERA, and the defense has been charged with one error in 11 games. The pitching and defense have played well early on for the Twins, I hope this continues going forward.

Great game today for the Twins 6-5 win

H-Dog hits the game winning HR

Rausch gets his 6th save of the season 6 for 6 woooooooo woooooooooooooo

Going for the sweep tomorrow

The Twins for the first time in club history, have won their first four series to open a season. Their 9-3 start is their best since 2001. Twins going for the first sweep at Target Field today.

GO TWINS

The Twins are 3-for-19 with the bases loaded and batting .244 with runners in scoring position. This has to improve or the Tigers will run away with the central.

Three weeks into the season, the Twins have showed signs of being a great defensive unit. Through 13 games, they have committed only one error, the fewest in baseball (the next closest teams, the Indians and Yankees, have committed four each).

Indians up next, LETS GO TWINS

Was at the game tonight.

Slowey looked very, very good. Grady Sizemore looks ####### terrible at the plate. What the hell is up with that guy?

All you clowns that laughed at outdoor baseball in April in Minneapolis should be ashamed. Was 74 degrees today!. :goodposting:

The Twins currently sit at 10-4. It took them 21 games last season before they recorded their 10th victory.

Lets keep it going TWINS

Twins beat the Indians 6-0 tonight, Liriano dropped his ERA to 1.29 with an impressive performance pitching 8 shut out innings. For the Twins to win the central they need Liriano to keep up his comeback year.

Was at the game tonight.

Slowey looked very, very good. Grady Sizemore looks ####### terrible at the plate. What the hell is up with that guy?

All you clowns that laughed at outdoor baseball in April in Minneapolis should be ashamed. Was 74 degrees today!. :thumbup:
:confused: :excited: :yucky:

At 11-5, the Twins are off to their best start since 2004, and they have won their first five series for the first time in team history. In Francisco Liriano, who pitched 15 scoreless innings combined in home victories against Boston and Cleveland, they might have rediscovered an ace.

:goodposting: :thumbup: :thumbup:

3B Nick Punto missed his sixth straight game because of a sore groin muscle. Starting to get a little worried about Punto :lmao:
Punto is terrible. His defense has declined a bit and his bat is absolutely anemic. The alternative in Harris isn't any better though.

Infield excellence continues by Twins

Minneapolis Star & Tribune

There are more gauges than errors to judge a defense. But the Twins' lack of errors has reached unprecedented levels.

They again played error-free ball in Friday's 8-3 victory over the Royals. Their only error of the season was committed by outfielder Delmon Young. They have gone all 17 games without an error by an infielder, the longest streak in the major leagues in the expansion era (since 1961).

The previous high for errorless games by an infield was 12 by the 2005 Cincinnati Reds.

Nice win by the Twins last night, good start to the Road trip

An MRI revealed no damage to Twins 3B Nick Punto's sore right groin, but he'll have further tests on his hip to determine if the pain is coming from there.

Good news if your a Punto fan :hey:

THREE-GAME SERIES AT COMERICA PARK

Tonight, 6:05 p.m. • FSN, 1500-AM

LHP Francisco Liriano (2-0,1.29 ERA) vs. RHP Justin Verlander (1-1, 6.95)

Wednesday, 6:05 p.m. • FSN, 1500-AM

RHP Scott Baker (2-2, 4.81) vs. RHP Max Scherzer (1-1, 2.63)

Thursday, 12:05 p.m. • FSN, 1500-AM

RHP Carl Pavano (3-1, 4.24) vs. LHP Dontrelle Willis (0-1, 5.00)

Here we go, the early showdown. GO TWINS

THREE-GAME SERIES AT COMERICA PARKTonight, 6:05 p.m. • FSN, 1500-AMLHP Francisco Liriano (2-0,1.29 ERA) vs. RHP Justin Verlander (1-1, 6.95)Wednesday, 6:05 p.m. • FSN, 1500-AMRHP Scott Baker (2-2, 4.81) vs. RHP Max Scherzer (1-1, 2.63)Thursday, 12:05 p.m. • FSN, 1500-AMRHP Carl Pavano (3-1, 4.24) vs. LHP Dontrelle Willis (0-1, 5.00)Here we go, the early showdown. GO TWINS
Two out of three sounds pretty good. I'm still nervous about Liriano, it seems like when players get off to hot starts it's the fourth start where they come crashing back to earth, and I've never trusted Baker - he always makes me nervous. Hopefully they can win the Pavano game and one of the other two.

Liriano (3-0) has now delivered three consecutive scoreless starts. He blanked Boston for seven innings and Cleveland for eight before pitching 8 scoreless innings against the Tigers. His era .93, with 27k in 29 innings maybe this kid can make it all the way back.

Round two vs the Tigers tonight :2cents:

Francisco Liriano, seven shut out innings today against Bean Town, if Liriano is back this is large for the Twins.Twins take 2 out 3 from Boston in first series ever at Target Field, now in 1 place central, it doesn't get any better then this :rolleyes:
HUGETwins on ESPN tonight. :) Always nice when I get a chance to watch them.
ESPN vs MN NORTH with goofy Bert B, hmmm think I flip between the twoGO TWINS

Liriano (3-0) has now delivered three consecutive scoreless starts. He blanked Boston for seven innings and Cleveland for eight before pitching 8 scoreless innings against the Tigers. His era .93, with 27k in 29 innings maybe this kid can make it all the way back.Round two vs the Tigers tonight :lmao:
pure awesomeness :goodposting:

Gopher State said:
Wooderson said:
Francisco Liriano, seven shut out innings today against Bean Town, if Liriano is back this is large for the Twins.Twins take 2 out 3 from Boston in first series ever at Target Field, now in 1 place central, it doesn't get any better then this :)
HUGETwins on ESPN tonight. :) Always nice when I get a chance to watch them.
ESPN vs MN NORTH with goofy Bert B, hmmm think I flip between the twoGO TWINS
I miss MN North love goofy BB.score update Twins 4 Tigers 1 top of 4Go Twins

HoldSteady said:
Wooderson said:
Twins on ESPN tonight. :) Always nice when I get a chance to watch them.
MLBtv is pretty sweet for $120 total. I upgraded my Interwebs and get the Twins in HD. I'm dropping an extra ~$400 over the course of the season to see the Twins. Totally worth it.
I've thought about trying MLBtv I might at the very least get the MLB android app that will allow me to listen to games.

Users who are viewing this thread