What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (4 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
$1,000 salary cap Superflex 1.5 PPR TE Devy league, contracts but they haven't been assigned yet, will be after rookie draft, which starts in the morning, inaugral year.

Gave:

Julio ($177)

2.08 ($6)

2015 2nd

Received

Alshon ($146)
F-Jax ($11)

2.04 ($8)

3.04 ($4)

2015 3rd

I now own 1.08, 2.04, 2.06, 3.03, 3.04, 3.05, 3.06, 3.07 and 4.04

coolnerd said:
ghostguy123 said:
coolnerd said:
The person getting Bowe is not some ham and egger..just saying
Maybe he is turning into one (not sure what a "ham and egger" is, but I assume that means someone who is horrible??)
A common person who might be seen eating ham and eggs. Not posessing many spectacular qualities. Your 'average joe'.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ham+and+egger
An average Joe would not deal Maclin for Bowe. Someone who either has no clue or thinks it is 2010 might.

coolnerd said:
ghostguy123 said:
coolnerd said:
Maybe he is turning into one (not sure what a "ham and egger" is, but I assume that means someone who is horrible??)
A common person who might be seen eating ham and eggs. Not posessing many spectacular qualities. Your 'average joe'.

An average Joe would not deal Maclin for Bowe. Someone who either has no clue or thinks it is 2010 might.
A Freudian Young Flower who has a lot invested around here I guess disagrees.

BTW, I was at least "surprised" when I saw this come through tonight

coolnerd said:
ghostguy123 said:
coolnerd said:

Not saying I would necessarily make the trade but it's not like Maclin is a proven commodity, considering. Say what you will about Bowe but he's averaged around 120 targets over the past 6 seasons and outside of Charles there isn't a whole lot of other options in that offense. Maclin has missed an entire year and is going to an offense with way more options on offense,and just a 1 year contract to boot. Bowe's signed through 2017.

Not saying I would necessarily make the trade but it's not like Maclin is a proven commodity, considering. Say what you will about Bowe but he's averaged around 120 targets over the past 6 seasons and outside of Charles there isn't a whole lot of other options in that offense. Maclin has missed an entire year and is going to an offense with way more options on offense,and just a 1 year contract to boot. Bowe's signed through 2017.
Bowe had a foot transplant. It's all concrete down there now.

Bowe to me has zero value in almost every format out there.

Bowe for a 4th rounder is the 4th rounder in a landslide.

Sorry....didn't hear about the foot transplant. Considering that, I totally agree with you.

Maclin, coming off a torn ACL, they took Jordan Mathews, have Ertz, McCoy and Cooper, why are you so convinced he's going to be any use?

Meanwhile the Chiefs took nobody and Bowe is still the WR1 with the only other vaguely interesting guy being Kelce at TE. The Chiefs lost a tonne from last year and are going to have to throw the ball more this year. And of course Charles!

I think I may actually take Bowe of the two, not just to be a contrarian just like the situation better.

As for stupid trade, that's ridiculous in my eyes, you might not like Bowe but others do.

msudaisy26 said:
Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

Thought that value was just way too good.

Gave: Arian Foster

Received: Donald Brown, Coby Fleener, 2.10 & 2015 2nd

In a bit of a rebuilding mode. Saw the value in a young TE and adding some picks. Also own Matthews so I like having Brown for the break glass emergency. Foster will be too old by the time I'm ready to compete.
That's all Foster is worth now ? What a fall for a guy who was still being taken in the 1st round of startups last year
He's probably worth a little bit more than that. And I love foster. I've owned him since his breakout season in multiple dynasties and redrafts. That said, this will be his age 28 season, in the past three seasons he's missed 11 games and he's criminally over used. And will likely be again this season. After this year I fully expect the tracks to fall off completely, and he may not even make it through this season. Look at Ray Rice for example.So I'd rather get 90 cents on the dollar for him now while I'm rebuilding than 50 cents on the dollar next off-season. Especially considering I'm more or less writing this year off already.
That seems more like 50 cents on the dollar than 90.
Have to agree here.Foster may be older than some of those guys but he is the only useful one of any. I would have kept him and sold during the season if that was the best I could do.
I think 50 cents is generous. I'd say a dime at best. You said it yourself, that Arian will probably be overused this year. That's a good thing, just have to be patient and deal him in October or November. There will almost always be a buyer for a RB near the deadline. That's how you make deals and rebuild.I think it's absurd that people are sending someone as talented as Gordon for like late 2nds and such, Blackmon for 4ths. It's really awful selling players at their lowest value, especially when you spent so much. I'd rather keep a Blackmon and hope he turns it around that's 4th that's going to most likely end up on waivers anyways.
Gordon i agree. Blackmon........... i think its a toss up whether he or Aaron Hernandez has a better chance of playing another down.
It is a holiday weekend so I am just going to assume you were drinking when you typed this.
We know Blackmon was.

Got a late 1st for Bowe early last year. Pretty happy about that.

Maclin, coming off a torn ACL, they took Jordan Mathews, have Ertz, McCoy and Cooper, why are you so convinced he's going to be any use?

Meanwhile the Chiefs took nobody and Bowe is still the WR1 with the only other vaguely interesting guy being Kelce at TE. The Chiefs lost a tonne from last year and are going to have to throw the ball more this year. And of course Charles!

I think I may actually take Bowe of the two, not just to be a contrarian just like the situation better.

As for stupid trade, that's ridiculous in my eyes, you might not like Bowe but others do.
Sure if you wanna overthink it. To keep it simple, Bowe is awful, career done. Maclin is basically 1/3 over and in a MUCH better situation IMO. He is starting there. Will likely be Maclin/Mathews. Every team uses a TE, so Ertz on the field isn't some albatross to Maclin or Mathews.

It isn't that Maclin is a stud, it's that Bowe is a total dud, it just hasn't been as painfully obvious to some yet.

Not that I own Bowe in any league, but if I did, I would take a half a ham sandwich and feel pretty good about it.

But if I was going to overthink it, I would look at the up tempo offense Philly uses, a better QB that can throw more than 11 yards down field, and Maclin is a better player even coming off an ACL than Bowe is right now. Better player, better QB, better offense, faster paced offense, more weapons around him isn't always a BAD thing...................................but really I look at any trade of "Bowe for X".......and I take X.

coolnerd said:
ghostguy123 said:
coolnerd said:
A common person who might be seen eating ham and eggs. Not posessing many spectacular qualities. Your 'average joe'.http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ham+and+egger
A Freudian Young Flower who has a lot invested around here I guess disagrees. BTW, I was at least "surprised" when I saw this come through tonight
I think I cracked your code. ;)

This probably doesn't belong here - but it does, so I'm gonna... As Ive never taken over a dynasty team (always drafted one), this was a welcome challenge for me, though I dont think Id want to do it again. I wanted to rebuild to win this league in about 2 yrs from now...

10 team 1ppr/1.5ppr for TE. Start 1qb / 1-5rb / 1-5wr / 1-5te / 1pk / 1def

***** note, everyone has their "niche", mine in PPR is going WR heavy... I would love TE's but this league protects them like 1 pound diamonds *****

Roster bequeathed to me:

RG3, Manning

Bell, Charles, Gore, Mathews, Randle, Starks,

Britt, Jennings, Nelson, Rice, S Smith, Mike Williams (buf)

cook, miller, moeaki, keller

forbath, janikowski

ARI, DAL, PIT

Moves made:

1) Gave J Nelson, Got 1.04 + 2015 1st round pick

2) Gave Peyton Manning + 2.06 + 2015 1st round pick, Got Dez Bryant + 3.06

3) Gave Jamaal Charles, Got Josh Gordon + 2.01 (trade made months back.. and wont regret it unless he's out of the league)

4) Gave Le'Veon Bell + 1.05, Got 1.01

5) Gave 1.04 + 2.01 + 3.05, Got Cordarelle Patterson + Ben Roethlisberger + 2015 3rd round pick

6) Gave 1.01, Got 1.02 + 2015 1st round pick

**** Think I manipulated the market beautifully, in a league that tends not to trade very often. We are ALL friends in this league, so knowing their tendencies and allegiances I tried to make the best possible deals to rebuild a young and stud-filled roster ****

Today's Roster

RG3, Roethlisberger, Hoyer

Mathews, Gore, Starks

Dez Bryant, Gordon, C Patterson, Mike Evans, Britt, Jennings, Kearse, s smith, mike williams

cook, miller, moeaki, keller

forbath, janikowski

ari, dal, pit

plus: 2 2015 1ST ROUND PICKS + 2015 3RD

**** Still draft time left (two 3rd rnd picks left for me), and I need to cut down the roster of the "fat" and make some free agent acquisitions, but this is it so far.... ***

I know it's AC to ask "how's my team" but this is about the moves made, the value of vet players, and how I used a Bills fan to drop 1 spot from 1.01 to 1.02 and gain a future first.

Thanks everyone for the help and words along the way via PM... you know who you are.

coolnerd said:
ghostguy123 said:
coolnerd said:
A common person who might be seen eating ham and eggs. Not posessing many spectacular qualities. Your 'average joe'.http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ham+and+egger
A Freudian Young Flower who has a lot invested around here I guess disagrees. BTW, I was at least "surprised" when I saw this come through tonight
I think I cracked your code. ;)
Considering he ranks Bowe as WR29 and Maclin as WR52, this trade would make sense to him.

Personally I'd take Maclin, but it's not as bad as some want to make it seem.

Sure if you wanna overthink it. To keep it simple, Bowe is awful, career done. Maclin is basically 1/3 over and in a MUCH better situation IMO. He is starting there. Will likely be Maclin/Mathews. Every team uses a TE, so Ertz on the field isn't some albatross to Maclin or Mathews.

It isn't that Maclin is a stud, it's that Bowe is a total dud, it just hasn't been as painfully obvious to some yet.

Not that I own Bowe in any league, but if I did, I would take a half a ham sandwich and feel pretty good about it.

But if I was going to overthink it, I would look at the up tempo offense Philly uses, a better QB that can throw more than 11 yards down field, and Maclin is a better player even coming off an ACL than Bowe is right now. Better player, better QB, better offense, faster paced offense, more weapons around him isn't always a BAD thing...................................but really I look at any trade of "Bowe for X".......and I take X.
Not that I'm high on Bowe or anything...but to me you're being a bit overdramatic here. Bowe did have 150 yds and a TD in the most recent game he played and considering they didn't draft a whole lot of wide receivers he'll get targets this season. There are still plenty of fantasy lineups that he will never crack but he's not without value in deeper leagues.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

In a bit of a rebuilding mode. Saw the value in a young TE and adding some picks. Also own Matthews so I like having Brown for the break glass emergency. Foster will be too old by the time I'm ready to compete.
I'd probably keep both 2.03 and Arian. I feel like there's a drop off at 2.03 and feel happy if I get one of the last players at my 3rd tier there assuming it's a 12 team league. 2.06/2.08 is solid nonetheless, would just prefer the more solid option there then the lesser talented lotto tickets imo.Brown isn't anything worthwhile and I'm completely hopped off any Fleener bandwagon. I'd feel happy getting pretty much anything for him. Arian at the worst should go for a late first, especially to a team contending this year that might need a boost at RB. Feel like you vastly undersold.
Eh to each their own. I shopped Foster around and it was the best deal I got. If he starts a decline this year then that value plummets next season and I'd be dancing around my house to get the same deal. Also realize this league is 1-2 staying RBs and I have Lacy/Mathews and my recovers are really solid. So I can start an extra receiver instead of the 2nd RB. I'd much rather take the value of getting rid of foster before it's too late.As for the picks. There's tons of guys I'm liking later on. I personally feel like the drop off from 2.03-2.08 is negligible. I'd much rather have the other pick.
So you had Lacy, Foster, and Matthews, and you said your receivers are really solid, but your team isn't competitive?
It's a 2QB idp league I inherited this season. I have one starting QB which means I have to draft one and hope he works out. And fix my IDPs because they're awful. Before I can really be competitive.
Okay. I guess the problem I have with it is that it doesn't seem like you've added anything that will help you. Brown is just insurance for Mathews, but if you aren't competitive with Mathews you certainly won't be competitive with Brown even if something were to happen to Mathews, and Fleener isn't going to get you there either. It would have made more sense to me if you dealt Foster for a QB or IDP help (or higher picks).

Gave: 2015 1st and Cecil Shorts

Got: Tyler Eifert

non-PPR

The 1st next year should be late and Shorts' trajectory scares me, especially with the Jags drafting 2 WRs.

12 team PPR 1.5 TE FFPC rule

Gave

Kenny Stills

Got

Trent Richardson

Christine Michael

2015 1st (Potential playoff team but if they miss playoffs could be pick 1 or 2 based on FFPC loser bracket format so could be anywhere from 1-12 really)

Gave

Kenny Stills

Got

Trent Richardson

Christine Michael

2015 1st (Potential playoff team but if they miss playoffs could be pick 1 or 2 based on FFPC loser bracket format so could be anywhere from 1-12 really)
I think i like the t rich side but it's close

Gave

Kenny Stills

Got

Trent Richardson

Christine Michael

Dear lord, that side is crushing this. 1.08 is a nice WR prospect, but that might be equal to Michael alone. Then this becomes Stills for Trent Richardson and 1 2015 1st. Unbelievable deal for that side.

I just completed a trade that sends Kenny Britt for Marcus Wheaton.
Wheaton for me.
Anyone not named Britt for me.
That's kind of what I was thinking. There is the off chance that he finally gets his head on straight AND doesn't have recurring issues with his knee, finally fulfilling his potential. But I will bet on the 23 year old who is in position to start for a team with Big Ben throwing the ball.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

That's all Foster is worth now ? What a fall for a guy who was still being taken in the 1st round of startups last year
I traded Foster for Crabtree a few weeks ago.

I have Bowe in a league and he's untradeable.

Ignore whether Maclin will be good this year - he's nearly 4 years younger than Bowe, who is 30 and looked done last year.

Gave

Kenny Stills

Got

Trent Richardson

Christine Michael

Dear lord, that side is crushing this. 1.08 is a nice WR prospect, but that might be equal to Michael alone. Then this becomes Stills for Trent Richardson and 1 2015 1st. Unbelievable deal for that side.
I was on other side and this is a little out of context. Deal was made when 1.08 was on the clock and Jordan Matthews was avail. Recognize that it's an overpay but I have Matthews as the 1.02 in the draft and had assets to give (extra first). Also, the ffpc keeper format is a little more keeper than dynasty.

Gave 2.03

Received 2.06 and 2.08

I traded Foster for Crabtree a few weeks ago.
This seems fair. I see Crabtree as a WR2 and that is about where I would put Foster's value.

1QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Flex K D PPR (1.5 TE PPR) - also notable: 1pt/20 return yards, 6pt return tds

Team A Receives: RG3, 1.10

Team B Receives: Aaron Rodgers, 4.4

Team C Receives: Justin Hunter, Donte Moncrief, 1.12, 4.10

Team D Receives: Cordarrelle Patterson, 3.3

Gave

Kenny Stills

Got

Trent Richardson

Christine Michael

I was on other side and this is a little out of context. Deal was made when 1.08 was on the clock and Jordan Matthews was avail. Recognize that it's an overpay but I have Matthews as the 1.02 in the draft and had assets to give (extra first). Also, the ffpc keeper format is a little more keeper than dynasty.
Ah the beauty of dynasty where both sides can make a trade they both like. I have this stupid notion that Trent will bounce back and I am really high on Michael's future (though I was high on Stewart's too so...)

I hated giving up that pick with who was still on the board but I am terribly weak at RB and I have Dez, AJ Green and Harvin at WR.

Depending on how that 2015 pick breaks, you might have gotten the three most valuable pieces in the deal.

Very spewy from the other guy IMO.

Gave - Vincent Jackson, Charles Clay

Received - Shane Vereen, Kenny Stills, Marvin Jones
Vereen, Stills, Jones for me.
If I had a good team and decent RB depth, I'd go the other way. The other 3 seem like guys who if they ever crack your starting lineup, you are probably looking to replace them, especially the WRs. Vereen is more of a wild card I guess, but I'm just not a fan.

And I still like VJax. I tend to think some of these older WRs have a bit more fantasy value and years left than many give them credit for. Especially guys like VJax and Roddy White. Also kind of like Clay. Nice combo of relatively high floor and still a bit more ceiling left than people give him credit for.

non-PPR

The 1st next year should be late and Shorts' trajectory scares me, especially with the Jags drafting 2 WRs.
Eifert, nice job.
I'd personally take any random 1st over Eifert. I just see too many mouths to feed on offense. Going to be a bit more run heavy with Gio and Jeremy Hill. AJ is going to get his and just sucks the value out of the other pass catchers because he's going to get 150+ targets. Marvin Jones has emerged as the #2 target and should be a fantasy WR3-4 type. Expect Gio to still get his 50-60 catches out of the backfield and maybe even out of the slot. There is still room for some TE production and for Sanu to get some catches, but just seems like the upside is low TE1 numbers. What are you really expecting from the #3 or 4 target in a run first offense?

Also, just from following the team closely, there's not a whole lot of buzz about Eifert stepping up this offseason. Really think this time next year his value is going to be closer to what Coby Fleener's is currently and the 1st will be looking nice.

non-PPR

Eifert, nice job.
I'd personally take any random 1st over Eifert. I just see too many mouths to feed on offense. Going to be a bit more run heavy with Gio and Jeremy Hill. AJ is going to get his and just sucks the value out of the other pass catchers because he's going to get 150+ targets. Marvin Jones has emerged as the #2 target and should be a fantasy WR3-4 type. Expect Gio to still get his 50-60 catches out of the backfield and maybe even out of the slot. There is still room for some TE production and for Sanu to get some catches, but just seems like the upside is low TE1 numbers. What are you really expecting from the #3 or 4 target in a run first offense?

Also, just from following the team closely, there's not a whole lot of buzz about Eifert stepping up this offseason. Really think this time next year his value is going to be closer to what Coby Fleener's is currently and the 1st will be looking nice.
GIve me the #1 as well. You also might be able to flip Shorts for a 2nd or a 3rd. I wouldn't call Eifert JAG in really life, but in Fantsy (especially non-ppr) where he's not getting an additional 15-20 points on the TE2s, meh. Especially with should be late 1st not necessarily equaling late 1st.

Gave

Kenny Stills

Got

Trent Richardson

Christine Michael

I may not have had the context at the time, but that is still my opinion of the trade. I think that 1) you should have easily been able to get that pick or 1.3-1.7 for 2 of the assets you gave up and 2) long-run you lose on a VBD basis. My opinion could be very wrong. And I hope that Matthews tears it up for you.

Did people turn down a similar package prior to 1.08?

I would be interested if others have differing opinions, but doesn't the bold increase the relative value of RBs (shorter life assets) and draft picks due to the scarcity of roster spots?

I think the "mouths to feed mantra" is overstated. And it depends on whose mouth is lined up where. Many teams with good TE numbers have multiple options.

Gresham is a zero and if Bernard takes catches from somewhere it will be some but not all of Hawkins' numbers.

I'm not really concerned with Hill and Sanu.

In short, I expect Eifert to be the #2 passing option especially in the red zone.

1QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Flex K D PPR (1.5 TE PPR) - also notable: 1pt/20 return yards, 6pt return tds

Team A Receives: RG3, 1.10

Team B Receives: Aaron Rodgers, 4.4

Team C Receives: Justin Hunter, Donte Moncrief, 1.12, 4.10

Team D Receives: Cordarrelle Patterson, 3.3
Rodgers and I will take the Hunter side. I really like CP but that is too much for me

Gave

Kenny Stills

Got

Trent Richardson

Christine Michael

I may not have had the context at the time, but that is still my opinion of the trade. I think that 1) you should have easily been able to get that pick or 1.3-1.7 for 2 of the assets you gave up and 2) long-run you lose on a VBD basis. My opinion could be very wrong. And I hope that Matthews tears it up for you.

I would be interested if others have differing opinions, but doesn't the bold increase the relative value of RBs (shorter life assets) and draft picks due to the scarcity of roster spots?
That is a hefty price for Matthews whether at 1.08 or 1.03.

Little more keeper leans it more to the TRich/Michael side imo as Still is barely a keeper

Gave

Kenny Stills

Got

Trent Richardson

Christine Michael

That is a hefty price for Matthews whether at 1.08 or 1.03.Little more keeper leans it more to the TRich/Michael side imo as Still is barely a keeper
I happen to also really like stills so maybe this was perfect storm of "things I shouldn't love but I do all appearing at the same time"

I did offer Richardson and a 2015 1 earlier and was turned down earlier. I knew it was an overpay and you are right, this basically ends up as if I paid for the 1.3 instead of 1.8. But I got my guy and Michael was the only asset that pained me. Have seen enough Richardson for this life

Users who are viewing this thread