What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (2 Viewers)

I graduated high school in 77.
What was high school like in 1877?
Fashion sucked and so did going to the dentist.
Walking to school uphill both ways sucked, too.
Not if you’re trying to build up your legs for the saloon girls.
Not quite sure what a saloon girls is, but I don't think I'm the target audience here.
1877 was the joke by @massraider

it's not everytime but when the younguns say "you're fine" after you drop and "excuse me" or "sorry".... accidentally bumped into a girl reaching for a napkin at starbucks, "oh, so sorry about that" ... "you're fine". Sometimes it doesn't bother me and other times it feels snarky :lol:

it's not everytime but when the younguns say "you're fine" after you drop and "excuse me" or "sorry".... accidentally bumped into a girl reaching for a napkin at starbucks, "oh, so sorry about that" ... "you're fine". Sometimes it doesn't bother me and other times it feels snarky :lol:
Younguns? How young are you talking about here? Cuz uh... I find myself saying this from time to time. :bag:

Younguns? How young are you talking about here? Cuz uh... I find myself saying this from time to time. :bag:
You're fine

People who end their sentence with "with". You know, "Do you want to go with?". Please end the sentence with, "Do you want to go with me?", or "I'll go with whatever". I've lived in Minnesota for 25 years and they do that all the time.

People who end their sentence with "with". You know, "Do you want to go with?". Please end the sentence with, "Do you want to go with me?", or "I'll go with whatever". I've lived in Minnesota for 25 years and they do that all the time.

An authority on the English language has set us free from the tethers of what many have long regarded as a grammatical no-no. Or has it?

The answer depends on how you side with a declaration from Merriam-Webster:

"It is permissible in English for a preposition to be what you end a sentence with," the dictionary publisher said in a post shared on Instagram last week. "The idea that it should be avoided came from writers who were trying to align the language with Latin, but there is no reason to suggest ending a sentence with a preposition is wrong."

An authority on the English language has set us free from the tethers of what many have long regarded as a grammatical no-no. Or has it?

The answer depends on how you side with a declaration from Merriam-Webster:

"It is permissible in English for a preposition to be what you end a sentence with," the dictionary publisher said in a post shared on Instagram last week. "The idea that it should be avoided came from writers who were trying to align the language with Latin, but there is no reason to suggest ending a sentence with a preposition is wrong."
This is a different grammatical issue.

Thanks to the proliferation of gambling comes gambling shows. Of course they will sell you on the dream of doing nothing but play their advice - it’s now called wagertainment. Personally I’m not entertained losing money and that term makes it sound frivolous IMO.

Wagertainment - please go away.

You guys, it's a regional thing,you know?

Users who are viewing this thread