What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** SF @ SEA Game Thread *** (1 Viewer)

FORGET IT! I just saw the field and it is horrible out there.

I just pulled Hasselbeck. Man, I hope I did the right thing...

Radar shows a heavier patch due in about 30 mins. The rain they're showing pouring down from the steps in the stands is crazy.

Guys I know people say rain usually isnt that bad but this is unusual rain. It is absolutely pouring in buckets. Id sit all Seahawks and 49ers you were iffy about except the RBs and maybe Hasslebeck depending on your backup. I wouldnt even think about a kicker. Just pick up some other schlub. Why stress over kicker?

I remember a game a few years back, I think it was KC/OAK that had similar precipitation. Both teams ran almost exclusively the whole game.

Man did any of you see Sanders ears flapping in the wind on NFL network. Looks like it is getting nasty out there!!!!

Just Kidding

If this weather keeps up I wouldnt expect a very high scoring game. Id even temper expectations for Gore and Alexander although there's no way you can bench them. Dont get me wrong they both can run for 100 yds easily but Td chances could be at a premium.

The weather is unbelievable, pouring fiercely and windy... they even lost power at the field lol. I'm just worried about Gore putting it on the ground like 4 times. Bush is my other option. What are you guys doing with Gore?

NFL Network just reported power outages at QWest. The footage they showed most recently had EXTREME volumes of rain and very, very strong gusts. I wouldn't play anyone in this mess ... talk of delaying kickoff as I type this.

I remember a game a few years back, I think it was KC/OAK that had similar precipitation. Both teams ran almost exclusively the whole game.
It was Seattle at KC, 99 or 00. 7 turnovers each team, last team that fumbled it away lost. Brutal. Only difference is field turf=no mud. Too bad. Nothing beats a mudbowl.

Sitting Hass and Hackett, playing SA and Sea D and I can't wait to watch this. Should be a fun game to watch.

I gotta start him, hell everyone should with the way he's been performing this year. I do see somewhat of a let down game tonight with him though, just gut instinct. My other options are Sammy or Dillon. Come on Gore, bring it baby!

standing water on the field with visible depth of around an inch, unreal ... nevermind, apparently the depth was an illusion due to THE TURF BUBBLING :popcorn: :o :shock:

It is awful out there. It is so bad that Matt Hasselbeck is going to my bench in favor of Rex Grossman. Yes I know.

Actually, if you check the radar and if they delay the start, it looks like the rain will be done inside an hour.

Had to sit Deion. Really pissed because I'm in the NFFC CHampionship Round and need some big points.

Looks like my other options of Curry or Galloway will have to come into play.

Was REALLY looking forward to Deion lighting it up.

Maybe Vernon Davis isn't the best call?
Gore will get tons of carries tonight. My guess is that Davis might just sit under some coverage for a few receptions to change things up a bit. Forget about any long passing plays. Might be worth a shot in PPR leagues...

Yeah you have to start him but Id temper expectations. Id be happy with 120 total yds and 0 tds and I think thats reasonable.

Actually, if you check the radar and if they delay the start, it looks like the rain will be done inside an hour.
yeah...the radar looks like it could clear out....i'm pretty thin and have hackett going over Derrick Mason in one league, and Branch over Fitz in another....hmm.

Just checked out that bridge cam someone linked earlier...sustained wind at 17, there's been a gust of 38 within the last hour.

Sitting Hass and Hackett, playing SA and Sea D and I can't wait to watch this. Should be a fun game to watch.
I wouldn't know - at work and no NFLN at home. I am glad that DJax isn't playing -- no decision to br made now.I am hearing from a friend they might delay until tomorrow - that the field is dangerous....

is it getting so bad it might be tough for Gore and SA to rattle off big times?

Im thinking about benching Gore for Roy Williams now :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread