What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Skip Bayless, its he really this much of a tool? (2 Viewers)

'Ghost Rider said:
If ol' Steve could have taken a step back for a moment to analyze the situation rather than seeing this as just another opportunity to scream RACISM, he may have changed his tune. Let's look at the black candidates that he singled out by name:Mike Singletary

Keith Armstrong

Ray Horton

Lovie Smith

Mel Tucker

Want to guess what each of those five men have in common, other than their skin color?

NONE of them have an offensive background.

This league is now all about offense. Look at who got the jobs:

Chip Kelly - OFFENSIVE coach

Doug Marrone - OFFENSIVE coach

Andy Reid - OFFENSIVE coach

Bruce Arians - OFFENSIVE coach

Marc Trestman - OFFENSIVE coach

Rob Chudzinski - OFFENSIVE coach

Mike McCoy - OFFENSIVE coach

Gus Bradley - The only new hire with a defensive background

SAS sucks.

I am not seeing this issue with this one. Reacting to what you are seeing is a bad thing? If he thinks Bortles looks way better than he thought he would be, and says so, that is a bad thing?

And now I have to go take a shower for defending this tool. :lol:
I think you are reading this incorrectly. Someone else --- not Skip -- posted those two separate tweets of his. One from May; one from last night. Skip wasn't conceding that he was wrong initially about Bortles. He obviously had completely forgotten what he wrote about Bortles months earlier. Because when you're a fraud (see: Francesa, Mike), it's hard to keep track of all of your bullsh-t.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not seeing this issue with this one. Reacting to what you are seeing is a bad thing? If he thinks Bortles looks way better than he thought he would be, and says so, that is a bad thing?

And now I have to go take a shower for defending this tool. :lol:
I think you are reading this incorrectly. Someone else --- not Skip -- posted those two separate tweets of his. One from May; one from last night. Skip wasn't conceding that he was wrong initially about Bortles. He obviously had completely forgotten what he wrote about Bortles months earlier. Because when you're a fraud (see: Francesa, Mike), it's hard to keep track of all of your bullsh-t.
I understand all of that. It's still not a big deal. In fact, back when I used to watch that show, the annoying thing about him (well, one of the annoying things :lol: ) was how he stuck to his initial opinion no matter what happened to demonstrate how off he was. Maybe he is getting better at that, although I doubt he'd admit it.

Bayless may be a fraud but his tweets about Bortles aren't very good examples of it.
Agreed.

who is the bigger tool?

skip

people who listen to skip

people who start threads about skip

people who read those threads.

people who post in those threads.

:bag:

In fairness he also picked Dallas right before the season started. I don't disagree with the majority of this thread but he should be able to change his mind, a month later than the WAS tweet, based on new information.

In fairness he also picked Dallas right before the season started. I don't disagree with the majority of this thread but he should be able to change his mind, a month later than the WAS tweet, based on new information.
And if the Redskins won, he had that tweet to reference. Assuming there weren't two others, he had a 50/50 chance of being right.

That is superior schtick there. Pick multiple teams to win a division and never be wrong.

hes allowed to change his mind but hes not allowed to crow about being right then.

And if the Redskins won, he had that tweet to reference. Assuming there weren't two others, he had a 50/50 chance of being right.
That is superior schtick there. Pick multiple teams to win a division and never be wrong.
hes allowed to change his mind but hes not allowed to crow about being right then.
Exactly right to all of these -- guy is playing on a whole other level.

Whenever I listen to Cowherd, I imagine Skip Bayless talking. They're the same guy to me.
Is this because you don't like either of them?

Because I don't find them similar at all. Totally different shows, different personalities, different takes.

Colin is definitely better on quarterbacks: Skip loved McNabb, Vince Young, RGIII and Johnny Manziel.

Whenever I listen to Cowherd, I imagine Skip Bayless talking. They're the same guy to me.

Because I don't find them similar at all. Totally different shows, different personalities, different takes.

Colin is definitely better on quarterbacks: Skip loved McNabb, Vince Young, RGIII and Johnny Manziel.
HTF can you forget his Tebow love?

Ha, you're right! Has Skippy ever been right about a QB?

Jack White said:
shadyridr said:
Jack White said:

McNabb was hardly a bust.

Jack White said:
shadyridr said:
Jack White said:

belongs in the Hall of the Very Good

General Malaise said:
Did we discuss Skip's lies about being a HS basketball star? Because he did and, well, he never addressed it publicly. Tool.
That's the greatest thing I've ever seen. Jalen Rose humiliating him at the end was the cherry on top.

Jack White said:
shadyridr said:
Jack White said:

True, but when it was obvious to Andy Reid (as evidenced by giving him away to a division rival) and me and many others that he was shot, Skip insisted he was still a franchise QB. In fact, when the Redskins gave up on him, Skip thought he still had "three or fours years left as a top-flight QB."

Always assumed Bayless was 95% shtick
You know, I really don't think so. I think he truly believes everything he says.

Further, he never admits when he's wrong; he'll stick to his take until the bitter end.
I have zero doubts that he takes the dumb side of most stories so he can play the devil's advocate role and have the lively debate for the show, making him 98% shtick imo. And I get it isn't much of a show if they all just sit around a table saying how much Tebow blows and what a waste of a Draft pick he was.

Always assumed Bayless was 95% shtick
You know, I really don't think so. I think he truly believes everything he says.

Further, he never admits when he's wrong; he'll stick to his take until the bitter end.
I have zero doubts that he takes the dumb side of most stories so he can play the devil's advocate role and have the lively debate for the show, making him 98% shtick imo. And I get it isn't much of a show if they all just sit around a table saying how much Tebow blows and what a waste of a Draft pick he was.
Agree to disagree then.

You know he has a huge ego, right? A guy with an outsize ego is not going to accept playing devil's advocate and take one for the team.

Plus, he was on Timmy in college, and before the draft.

The worst part about Skip is that there are thousands of young sports journalists that look up to him.

The worst part about Skip is that there are thousands of young sports journalists that look up to him.
You know what's weird? I wonder how much the gossipy type of journalist that resides at Deadspin and reflexively hates Skip Bayless is unaware that he paved their way for schlock and shock journalism?

You know what's weird? I wonder how much the gossipy type of journalist that resides at Deadspin and reflexively hates Skip Bayless is unaware that he paved their way for schlock and shock journalism?
Good point. For better or worse (I think worse), Skip is the most influential sports journalist of our time,

Users who are viewing this thread