What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Cagayan (1 Viewer)

The eggheads spazzing out after their first win was :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: I was laughing my ### off. They should of showed some of those reactions in slow motion.

Damn those votes against Morgan, I want to see her after a couple of weeks on the Survivor diet. I hope there is a merge soon, Beauty going to tribal early while the tribes are still segregated into 3 is going to be bad for ratings in the long run.

I hated to see the gay guy go......he at least had game..........

from a gameplay standpoint, right now I'm rooting for LJ. all of his reads have been money so far, and he actually seems pretty bright.

and I hope Morgan and Alexis round out the top 3. :wub:

Class Dismissed said:
The eggheads spazzing out after their first win was :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: I was laughing my ### off. They should of showed some of those reactions in slow motion.

Damn those votes against Morgan, I want to see her after a couple of weeks on the Survivor diet. I hope there is a merge soon, Beauty going to tribal early while the tribes are still segregated into 3 is going to be bad for ratings in the long run.

I hated to see the gay guy go......he at least had game..........
How do you figure? He was isolated from a group of 4, and rather than work his way in, he clamped on to the other isolated person. T

Daywalker said:
The cop bravado is good schtick though.
I don't get his comment last week around, "If they know I'm a cop, they will come after/eliminate me."

Why?

I still want to see the cop use his "spy shack".

Strong start to the season so far. This is shaping up to be a very good season, imo.

dhockster said:
oso diablo said:
"brains" tribe finally got going in that challenge once they got J'Tia out of the way
If they had let J'tia do the puzzle I was going to scream
Putting in spoilers since not everyone watches the previews:

The challenge next week is one person directing their blindfolded teammates, and they have her doing the directing!

sucks that Morgan needs a miracle to survive any tribal councils with her tribe now. I think every single season, the hottest chick on the show went home early. I am now rooting for Brains to lose a member next week so they almost have to switch up the tribes

sucks that Morgan needs a miracle to survive any tribal councils with her tribe now. I think every single season, the hottest chick on the show went home early. I am now rooting for Brains to lose a member next week so they almost have to switch up the tribes
I agree with you. The only person on the brains tribe that would have interest me to stay would be J'Tia. I don't like her, but she's a trainwreck and a wild card.

Maik Jeaunz said:
from a gameplay standpoint, right now I'm rooting for LJ. all of his reads have been money so far, and he actually seems pretty bright.

and I hope Morgan and Alexis round out the top 3. :wub:
I couldn't agree more. LJ gets it, a lot of the other players do not.

And didn't read back through the thread so sorry if been discussed but...

what happened to Garrett's idol? Do the producers just take his stuff from camp HII included?

And didn't read back through the thread so sorry if been discussed but...

what happened to Garrett's idol? Do the producers just take his stuff from camp HII included?
http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2014/02/27/survivor-cagayan-interview-garrett-adelstein-explains-what-happened-to-his-hidden-idol/
Question: You hid your Idol back at camp, which means the only way somebody else on the Brains tribe can find it is if they accidentally stumble upon it?

Garrett Adelstein: Now we’re sort of getting into the nuances of Survivor rules. I think what’s gonna happen is production is going to dig it up and rehide it. I think, depending on the season, that sometimes changes. But no one would find it if production didn’t do something with it.
I don't think they'll re-hide it. I think it's gone from the game for good. That seems to be what has been done in the past.

Who voted for who if the votes came out 2 Brice, 2 Morgan, and 2 Alexis? Then the revote was all Brice.

Obviously Morgan and Brice voted Alexis. But why would the others split 2 and 2, LJ has the immunity idol, so it isn't like that was a threat.

Who voted for who if the votes came out 2 Brice, 2 Morgan, and 2 Alexis? Then the revote was all Brice.

Obviously Morgan and Brice voted Alexis. But why would the others split 2 and 2, LJ has the immunity idol, so it isn't like that was a threat.
Nobody in LJ's alliance knows about the idol, so they split the vote in case Morgan had it. They never realized Jeremiah was close to swinging and with the split, his swinging would have gotten his alliance of 3 in control 3 to 2. If they think the 4 are solid, it is an easy split because after the votes are cast the people tied cannot vote, so with 2 against Morgan, 2 against Brice and 2 against 1 of the 4, the second vote is a 3-0 vote against whoever doesn't have the idol (if Morgan did).

Nobody in LJ's alliance knows about the idol, so they split the vote in case Morgan had it. They never realized Jeremiah was close to swinging and with the split, his swinging would have gotten his alliance of 3 in control 3 to 2. If they think the 4 are solid, it is an easy split because after the votes are cast the people tied cannot vote, so with 2 against Morgan, 2 against Brice and 2 against 1 of the 4, the second vote is a 3-0 vote against whoever doesn't have the idol (if Morgan did).
:goodposting:

Regarding the Idols for Cagayan, I read this online, not sure I like this.

In Survivor: Cagayan, while the current format still applies during the tribal phase, a fourth Hidden Immunity Idol will be in play, which will be hidden at the merged tribe camp. The said idol may be used two ways, before the votes are read, or after the votes have been read.

In Survivor: Cagayan, while the current format still applies during the tribal phase, a fourth Hidden Immunity Idol will be in play, which will be hidden at the merged tribe camp. The said idol may be used two ways, before the votes are read, or after the votes have been read.
Read this on the wiki as well

This season features the return of a hidden immunity idol that can be used at tribal council after the votes have been read, which is how the idol was used in Survivor: Panama and Survivor: Cook Islands. The idol is planned to be hidden when the tribes merge.[9] There will also be hidden immunity idols in play before the merge at each of the tribes' camps that traditionally must be played after the votes are cast but before they are read.

The ability to use an idol after the votes are read is bad. It is much too powerful. It made Yul pretty much invincible in Cook Islands.

Agreed. That is bad. No need to hide it at all. Get in with the bigger alliance and you are set.

Agreed. That is bad. No need to hide it at all. Get in with the bigger alliance and you are set.
dumbest rule change ever if so. Who would ever use it before then? This thing better have an expiration of about 2 weeks or its completely ridiculous

It's got to be a response to the fact that idols have become almost a liability. They're actually bad for you unless you're already fighting for your life and need it to stay one more week. Otherwise, if anyone else finds out you have it, instant blindside.

It's got to be a response to the fact that idols have become almost a liability. They're actually bad for you unless you're already fighting for your life and need it to stay one more week. Otherwise, if anyone else finds out you have it, instant blindside.
The biggest problem with the idol is the people who have them can never shut up about it. They always have to tell someone, amazing how people cant keep their mouth shut

The biggest problem with the idol is the people who have them can never shut up about it. They always have to tell someone, amazing how people cant keep their mouth shut
This is basically what gets every single person voted off before the merge every season. If you just shut up except when you need to agree with the majority and do your job on the tribe, you'll make the merge.

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty lame episode. The more we see of the contestants the less I start liking each of them. Morgan can say whatever she wants and I would still want her to stick around but her statement on Jeremiah's beauty was so damn catty and privileged, I am sure many eyes rolled when she said that. As for the idiot Brawn tribe trying to throw a challenge for no reason at all. Cliff is not winning the game under any scenario, why not try to bring him to final three, he is the best goat to bring ever- A multimillionare celeb!

I actually though the Brains were idiots for keeping Spencer, of course there would be a tribe swap, they cant have 3 people vs other tribes of 5 and 6, thats insane, and even if there is another challenge, then Kass and the other chick could just vote out Jetia then. Spencer will flip on them instantly.

pretty lame episode. The more we see of the contestants the less I start liking each of them. Morgan can say whatever she wants and I would still want her to stick around but her statement on Jeremiah's beauty was so damn catty and privileged, I am sure many eyes rolled when she said that. As for the idiot Brawn tribe trying to throw a challenge for no reason at all. Cliff is not winning the game under any scenario, why not try to bring him to final three, he is the best goat to bring ever- A multimillionare celeb!

I actually though the Brains were idiots for keeping Spencer, of course there would be a tribe swap, they cant have 3 people vs other tribes of 5 and 6, thats insane, and even if there is another challenge, then Kass and the other chick could just vote out Jetia then. Spencer will flip on them instantly.
It wasn't Brawn trying to throw the challenge. It was the dumb ### cop. She is an idiot, first for believing Tony, who lied to her the first time they talked and convinced her to betray her 4some alliance for a 2some + a crazy lady. Amazingly, he somehow got her believing every word he said enough to throw a challenge. Amazing she never even asked Woo if Cliff said that. I would love to see a show where they show these people watching the episodes where they look like fools. I am sure she is enjoying realizing how much she got played. I still don't get why getting rid of Cliff helps in any way instead of someone else on another tribe.

Also, I disagree completely on the Brains. While I agree there could be a swap, I think Spencer is still better to align with than J-Tia. J-Tia is a liability in every way and most likely the #1 vote off in the next tribal council she is at. Had they kept Garrett, they win the challenge tonight and go into the merge/swap still with 4 decent tribe members. Kass was aligned with Spencer and Garrett and Tasha would go along with them. That is a much better scenario than just have Tasha and J-Tia at your side. Spencer has no loyalty to anyone else in the game, having Kass and Tasha is better than being alone and becoming the last guy in a shaky alliance. They saved him, so he is with them now. Problem is that with this swap/merge, there is no way to tell what could have been or what will be. They are still only 3, so chances are they are on the bottom anyway since they are 3 of 14. I still think J-Tia is such a wild card/horrible challenge participant that Kass and Tasha are basically just 2 strong very quickly versus possibly 3 strong. I don't give any of the 3 much of a chance anyway, but 1 extra person could make the difference if they get lucky.

Girl cop has the be one of the dumber people on Survivor ever. What a butterface too.

Getting rid of cliff when there are a dozen other people? What are you thinking?

Looks like February 26th. Three tribes, Beauty, Brains and Brawn. There are a couple of ex NFL cheerleaders in there. The beauty tribe sports some of my early favorites.
While I do like when they try to "mix it up" by working in these new dynamics, I really hate when they decide to completely abandon the concept after 4-6 episodes. "It's three tribes of very different people against each other. Who will win?" barely lasts long enough to learn all their names. Before you know it, it's "Drop your buffs, we're picking new tribes! Two teams, chosen at random. Won't this be fun?!?!?!"... and then it's one Pagonging after another.
3 episodes and done. Right on cue.

I would have paid a hell of a lot of money to see some skinny white kid beat Cliff Robertson heads-up, though.

biggamer3 said:

Not sure why you think J'Tia would have been more loyal than Spencer. Let's look at her voting options: David or herself; Garrett or herself; Spencer or herself. She's not been loyal to anyone but herself.

Plus, they have let a tribe get completely decimated before, and the brains tribe's only hope in challenges is Spencer. So, if you vote don't vote off J'Tia and they wait til 12 to do a full merge, you're screwed.

biggamer3 said:

Not sure why you think J'Tia would have been more loyal than Spencer. Let's look at her voting options: David or herself; Garrett or herself; Spencer or herself. She's not been loyal to anyone but herself.

Plus, they have let a tribe get completely decimated before, and the brains tribe's only hope in challenges is Spencer. So, if you vote don't vote off J'Tia and they wait til 12 to do a full merge, you're screwed.
:goodposting: and should have been Spencer's argument right to start.. "Sure she says she'll be loyal, but you yourself said she is a hot head and unpredictiable, so the next time she throws a tantrum what's to say it isn't at a TC where she votes you out? "

Mario Kart said:
Girl cop has the be one of the dumber people on Survivor ever. What a butterface too.

Getting rid of cliff when there are a dozen other people? What are you thinking?
She thinks Cliff wants to get rid of her, so she wants to get rid of him before he gets rid of her. Its easy for the viewer to see that is not the case, but it appears she believes what Tony told her. Based on that, its only natural to get rid of the person trying to get rid of you.

Mario Kart said:

She thinks Cliff wants to get rid of her, so she wants to get rid of him before he gets rid of her. Its easy for the viewer to see that is not the case, but it appears she believes what Tony told her. Based on that, its only natural to get rid of the person trying to get rid of you.
She immediately trusts a guy that just admitted he was lying to her face. You don't need to be a viewer to find her actions dumb.

Mario Kart said:

She immediately trusts a guy that just admitted he was lying to her face. You don't need to be a viewer to find her actions dumb.
OK. Not arguing that. Just responding to the question as to what she is thinking for wanting to get rid of Cliff.

I hope this gets interesting soon. Eye candy aside, it is a pretty terrible cast.

Is this a merge or a reshuffle coming up?

stbugs said:
biggamer3 said:

It wasn't Brawn trying to throw the challenge. It was the dumb ### cop. She is an idiot, first for believing Tony, who lied to her the first time they talked and convinced her to betray her 4some alliance for a 2some + a crazy lady. Amazingly, he somehow got her believing every word he said enough to throw a challenge. Amazing she never even asked Woo if Cliff said that. I would love to see a show where they show these people watching the episodes where they look like fools. I am sure she is enjoying realizing how much she got played. I still don't get why getting rid of Cliff helps in any way instead of someone else on another tribe.

Also, I disagree completely on the Brains. While I agree there could be a swap, I think Spencer is still better to align with than J-Tia. J-Tia is a liability in every way and most likely the #1 vote off in the next tribal council she is at. Had they kept Garrett, they win the challenge tonight and go into the merge/swap still with 4 decent tribe members. Kass was aligned with Spencer and Garrett and Tasha would go along with them. That is a much better scenario than just have Tasha and J-Tia at your side. Spencer has no loyalty to anyone else in the game, having Kass and Tasha is better than being alone and becoming the last guy in a shaky alliance. They saved him, so he is with them now. Problem is that with this swap/merge, there is no way to tell what could have been or what will be. They are still only 3, so chances are they are on the bottom anyway since they are 3 of 14. I still think J-Tia is such a wild card/horrible challenge participant that Kass and Tasha are basically just 2 strong very quickly versus possibly 3 strong. I don't give any of the 3 much of a chance anyway, but 1 extra person could make the difference if they get lucky.
:lol: at thinking J'Tia is a better asset in any fashion. She's a loose cannon that's only been loyal because she was on borrowed time. I'd bet bottom dollar she'd flip at the merge just as quickly if not quicker than Spencer. Kass/Tasha were in a no win situation last night. They made their bed a couple of episodes ago when the let the rice dumper stick around.

stbugs said:
biggamer3 said:

It wasn't Brawn trying to throw the challenge. It was the dumb ### cop. She is an idiot, first for believing Tony, who lied to her the first time they talked and convinced her to betray her 4some alliance for a 2some + a crazy lady. Amazingly, he somehow got her believing every word he said enough to throw a challenge. Amazing she never even asked Woo if Cliff said that. I would love to see a show where they show these people watching the episodes where they look like fools. I am sure she is enjoying realizing how much she got played. I still don't get why getting rid of Cliff helps in any way instead of someone else on another tribe.Also, I disagree completely on the Brains. While I agree there could be a swap, I think Spencer is still better to align with than J-Tia. J-Tia is a liability in every way and most likely the #1 vote off in the next tribal council she is at. Had they kept Garrett, they win the challenge tonight and go into the merge/swap still with 4 decent tribe members. Kass was aligned with Spencer and Garrett and Tasha would go along with them. That is a much better scenario than just have Tasha and J-Tia at your side. Spencer has no loyalty to anyone else in the game, having Kass and Tasha is better than being alone and becoming the last guy in a shaky alliance. They saved him, so he is with them now. Problem is that with this swap/merge, there is no way to tell what could have been or what will be. They are still only 3, so chances are they are on the bottom anyway since they are 3 of 14. I still think J-Tia is such a wild card/horrible challenge participant that Kass and Tasha are basically just 2 strong very quickly versus possibly 3 strong. I don't give any of the 3 much of a chance anyway, but 1 extra person could make the difference if they get lucky.
:lol: at thinking J'Tia is a better asset in any fashion. She's a loose cannon that's only been loyal because she was on borrowed time. I'd bet bottom dollar she'd flip at the merge just as quickly if not quicker than Spencer. Kass/Tasha were in a no win situation last night. They made their bed a couple of episodes ago when the let the rice dumper stick around.
of course keeping the mental case around instead of Garrett was a terrible decision, I get keeping Spencer now obviously, but I feel he will for sure switch allegiances at a swap, while the mental case would be more likely to feel indebted to the other two

I hope this gets interesting soon. Eye candy aside, it is a pretty terrible cast.

Is this a merge or a reshuffle coming up?
Won't include this in a spoiler tag as it was already mentioned above.. but yes, switch up next week. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread