What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you getting for Josh Gordon now? (1 Viewer)

T J said:
I've been holding Gordon all year and I'd trade him for almost any halfway decent starting RB. I'm in first place and I've done it without Gordon. My receivers have been my strength all year so it's not like I've needed him. What I couldn't withstand though is losing a starting RB. I basically have two. Charles and Foster and have thus far avoided a major injury. But if one of those two went down, I'd be in real trouble because what I have on my bench is pretty much nothing (14 team league - waiver wire is stripped clean). So ya, almost any starting RB - someone I could count on for 10-15pts in a PPR, would get him.
So it looks like I can get Sproles for him. Extremely tempted.
Do RBs get 50pts per rushing yard?

I honestly have no idea what is tempting about that offer. Real talk.
Straight up, it's not a good deal for me, but if you read the backdrop I'd posted previously, maybe that might shed some light on my thought process.

To me, Gordon has not been needed and I believe my team is good enough to win the championship without him. We play doubleheaders weekly and I'm in first place at 13-5 and on a 12 game win streak. I've done this with DeMaryius Thomas, Mohamed Sanu, Larry Fitzgerald, and Mike Evans as my WRs. Thomas and Sanu have been every week starters having the #2 and #11 averages amongst wideouts and Evans is #19. Fitz is #34. Evans looks to be a guy that might rise even higher and Fitzgerald has been coming on as of late.

So I don't feel like I need Gordon. And honestly, he's a bit of a question mark. Past results are nearly a year old and wh's to say how he integrates himself.

What I don't have is any RB depth at all. My top 2 are excellent with Foster and Charles. I have Blue backing up Foster and DeAngelo Williams. That's it. What I don't want to have happen is to go into the late stretch of the season and playoffs and then have Foster (who's already dinged and questionable) or Charles get hurt.

So I want to parlay Gordon in to a RB and while I agree that a straight up trade seems off, I feel like I can still win with a back who can get me 10-15pts and I'm considering it as an option vs. vs. taking the chance without another back but also taking the chance on the unknown, which is Gordon.

It's a 14 team competitive league and there is virtually nothing available on waivers and people are flat out not trading high caliber RBs - too hard to come by. If I thought DeAngelo could be that guy, I wouldn't consider it.

To me, Gordon has not been needed and I believe my team is good enough to win the championship without him. We play doubleheaders weekly and I'm in first place at 13-5 and on a 12 game win streak. I've done this with DeMaryius Thomas, Mohamed Sanu, Larry Fitzgerald, and Mike Evans as my WRs. Thomas and Sanu have been every week starters having the #2 and #11 averages amongst wideouts and Evans is #19. Fitz is #34. Evans looks to be a guy that might rise even higher and Fitzgerald has been coming on as of late.

So I don't feel like I need Gordon. And honestly, he's a bit of a question mark. Past results are nearly a year old and wh's to say how he integrates himself.

What I don't have is any RB depth at all. My top 2 are excellent with Foster and Charles. I have Blue backing up Foster and DeAngelo Williams. That's it. What I don't want to have happen is to go into the late stretch of the season and playoffs and then have Foster (who's already dinged and questionable) or Charles get hurt.

So I want to parlay Gordon in to a RB and while I agree that a straight up trade seems off, I feel like I can still win with a back who can get me 10-15pts and I'm considering it as an option vs. vs. taking the chance without another back but also taking the chance on the unknown, which is Gordon.
Not to turn this into the AC forum but I would try packaging (perhaps with Williams) one of your other WRs not named D. Thomas for an upgrade at RB. If you can get swing a decent RB2 in the mold of Jennings/Morris/Mathews/Forset then you have an excellent RB core.

Gordon's potential far exceeds any of your WRs behind Thomas and I think taking the risk and keeping him could cement a championship. If he doesn't pan out your WR is still strong enough to make a run, but you need to swing for the fences.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was asked what I would take, but his roster is frustrating to work trades out for. I'd only take it for a WR of equal value (in this case Antonio Brown) and a matchup-based starter elsewhere, which is where I run into issues. I'd rather hold for upside on a weaker schedule than trade for Brown's slightly harder schedule, but more cemented value.

I was asked what I would take, but his roster is frustrating to work trades out for. I'd only take it for a WR of equal value (in this case Antonio Brown) and a matchup-based starter elsewhere, which is where I run into issues. I'd rather hold for upside on a weaker schedule than trade for Brown's slightly harder schedule, but more cemented value.
I love Gordon but no way in hell id give up Brown for him, much less two players.

T J said:
I've been holding Gordon all year and I'd trade him for almost any halfway decent starting RB. I'm in first place and I've done it without Gordon. My receivers have been my strength all year so it's not like I've needed him. What I couldn't withstand though is losing a starting RB. I basically have two. Charles and Foster and have thus far avoided a major injury. But if one of those two went down, I'd be in real trouble because what I have on my bench is pretty much nothing (14 team league - waiver wire is stripped clean). So ya, almost any starting RB - someone I could count on for 10-15pts in a PPR, would get him.

Straight up, it's not a good deal for me, but if you read the backdrop I'd posted previously, maybe that might shed some light on my thought process.

It's a 14 team competitive league and there is virtually nothing available on waivers and people are flat out not trading high caliber RBs - too hard to come by. If I thought DeAngelo could be that guy, I wouldn't consider it.
This doesn't make any sense to me. You would give up last years number one WR to have a better back up on your bench?

Your WRs are not that strong and with AJ working way back there is reason to think Sanu could drop off. He is the perfect sell high candidate. Sell one of those lower tier WRs (not DT) for a backup RB. Then if Gordon plays like he did last year you locked up a championship.

I have a tentative agreement where I give up Gordon and get Beast Mode.
I was offered Lynch for Gordon and Denard Robinson in a keep 5 league. Both teams are 4-4 right now.
This offer is still on the table for me. I am now 5-4 and he is 4-5. He's probably playing for next year. I am just not sure how much it helps me this year. Lynch has a brutal schedule after Week 10. I am probably not going to take it, FWIW. PPR league.

I have a tentative agreement where I give up Gordon and get Beast Mode.
I was offered Lynch for Gordon and Denard Robinson in a keep 5 league. Both teams are 4-4 right now.
This offer is still on the table for me. I am now 5-4 and he is 4-5. He's probably playing for next year. I am just not sure how much it helps me this year. Lynch has a brutal schedule after Week 10. I am probably not going to take it, FWIW. PPR league.
SOunds like a terrible trade to me.

Esp in PPR... I wouldve clicked reject within seconds.

T J said:

i can see your thought process, but personally i would trade one of sanu/fitz/evans while they still have value for a rb2 or even better for kniles to backup charles. gordon will be ranked as a wr1 as soon as he is back and has some great matchups, he is arguably the best young receiver in the league with no competition for targets on his team while those other guys are not the first read.

He is in a new offense, the same offense that made andre johnson and then pierre garcon target monsters. people wonder what happened to those guys, well kyle left town is what happened. gordon put up record numbers with norv turner and jason campbell, he can be even more productive in this scheme. hold if you can so you dont /wrists when he goes off in atlanta.
Is it possible to get even more excited? I didn't think so, but now ...

I love Gordon but no way in hell id give up Brown for him, much less two players.
That's what I told him, I felt there wasn't a chance we were going to come I any deal. I explained how I valued Gordon, and I let him know that I realized he probably expected to offer far less.Needless to say, no offer was made on either side.

What's going to blow is if he comes back and completely ####s the bed. I don't see him repeating what he did last year. I obviously could be wrong I just have a gut feeling that he isn't going to do well so I shipped him out for AP =))) Hahaha hopefully ap comes back if not oh well

I shipped him out for AP =))) Hahaha hopefully ap comes back if not oh well
:shock:
Yeah its shocking but I really don't see josh Gordon doing as good as last year plus the league I'm in nobody trades so I had to take what the only person willing to trade was giving.
I am concerned he comes back and hurts his hammy the first quarter back, it always happens to me, well my luck has to change, I hope

Yeah its shocking but I really don't see josh Gordon doing as good as last year plus the league I'm in nobody trades so I had to take what the only person willing to trade was giving.
Is this a keeper league? If it is maybe. If not you just gave up a guy (who was #1 last year) who will definitely be back wk 12 for a guy embroiled in controversy that has a 50/50 shot of seeing the field at any point this year.

Is this a keeper league? If it is maybe. If not you just gave up a guy (who was #1 last year) who will definitely be back wk 12 for a guy embroiled in controversy that has a 50/50 shot of seeing the field at any point this year.
Yah I don't like that trade either. If you really were down on his prospects for this year you should have sold after week 11 when the hype really starts to build.

I have been offered Martellus Bennett for Gordon. I could use the help at TE so it's temping.
WTF?!? Is this a 10 PPR TE league?

Some of these trades are downright laughable. Let me remind you who you're trading away... Last year's #1 PPG WR. Not a WR1...

The #1 WR!!!
This is nuts I was now offered Jimmy Graham and Gates from different teams.
I'm telling you guys if you don't think he will produce sell after week 11(granted I think he will be huge down the stretch). The hype will be at an all time high.

I have been offered Martellus Bennett for Gordon. I could use the help at TE so it's temping.
WTF?!? Is this a 10 PPR TE league?

Some of these trades are downright laughable. Let me remind you who you're trading away... Last year's #1 PPG WR. Not a WR1...

The #1 WR!!!
This is nuts I was now offered Jimmy Graham and Gates from different teams.
I'm telling you guys if you don't think he will produce sell after week 11(granted I think he will be huge down the stretch). The hype will be at an all time high.
That's a good point. After week 11 he will be all the talk on NFL shows. Even more so with the Browns winning.

I don't know, to be honest I am an owner in 3 of my 4 leagues. But looking at his games last season he had an absolutely huge three week stretch that really slanted his year end production. Gordon absolutely caught lightning in a bottle between the Bengals, Steelers, Jaguars, and Patriots games. He had damn near 800 yards in 4 games. You know how many of those four historic games the Browns won? None.

Force feeding Gordon was not a winning formula. It was a coach killer actually. I don't Pettine giving Gordon more than 10 targets per game on average. I'm not one to set those games aside very often but the Browns have stated that they aren't going to force feed him.

"According to general manager Ray Farmer. "I would say to disrupt what you do offensively just to make sure you throw the ball to Josh Gordon ... I don't know that that's really the right way to operate," Farmer said. "Is he a phenomenal talent? Sure. I'd tell you that. He is a talented young man. He can do a lot of good things. But do you disrupt what you are to make sure that one person gets the ball?"

I don't think you are going to see Gordon approach his averages from last season. The Browns have a new identity and they are winning.

I don't know, to be honest I am an owner in 3 of my 4 leagues. But looking at his games last season he had an absolutely huge three week stretch that really slanted his year end production. Gordon absolutely caught lightning in a bottle between the Bengals, Steelers, Jaguars, and Patriots games. He had damn near 800 yards in 4 games. You know how many of those four historic games the Browns won? None.

Force feeding Gordon was not a winning formula. It was a coach killer actually. I don't Pettine giving Gordon more than 10 targets per game on average. I'm not one to set those games aside very often but the Browns have stated that they aren't going to force feed him.

"According to general manager Ray Farmer. "I would say to disrupt what you do offensively just to make sure you throw the ball to Josh Gordon ... I don't know that that's really the right way to operate," Farmer said. "Is he a phenomenal talent? Sure. I'd tell you that. He is a talented young man. He can do a lot of good things. But do you disrupt what you are to make sure that one person gets the ball?"

I don't think you are going to see Gordon approach his averages from last season. The Browns have a new identity and they are winning.
While I agree with most of what you say, I feel that the running game is going to make play action to him very deadly. Even with less targets he can still take it to the house on any route.

Traded last week straight up Phillip Rivers to get Gordon. Kind of :lol: after Rivers having a second bad week in a row and now on bye.

Seems like Gordon is just about un tradable. As far as getting back his perceived value.

I have to think he is being a little over valued at this point.

According to the top 200 list going forward he is 77. So there seems to be a fair amount of players ranked above him.

Now that seems very low to me and some of the players above him are not near as good. Maybe I'm not understanding how FBG's top 200 works.

According to the top 200 list going forward he is 77. So there seems to be a fair amount of players ranked above him.

Now that seems very low to me and some of the players above him are not near as good. Maybe I'm not understanding how FBG's top 200 works.
Week 12 when the rankings for WR come out, youll get an idea of his absolute floor.

And it'll be what 99% of players wish was their ceiling

Week 12 when the rankings for WR come out, youll get an idea of his absolute floor.

And it'll be what 99% of players wish was their ceiling
Ok.

It's to bad the ranking don't have that figured in now. Now sure how he can be 77 on the list. He should either be top 20 knowing he is coming back in 12 or should at the very bottom since he isn't playing.

Once again I don't think I fully understand the top 200 going forward list.

Another thing I was thinking about is he can come bac the Sunday of week 12. That means he will have no practice time before his first game. I understand he has been in meetings and around the team. I'm sure he is catching passes from someone somewhere. But he will not have any reps with Hoyer until warmups on game day.

Plus he has the pesky car salesmen job. You just know they will make him work the closing shift Saturday night before week 12. :)

Another thing I was thinking about is he can come bac the Sunday of week 12. That means he will have no practice time before his first game. I understand he has been in meetings and around the team. I'm sure he is catching passes from someone somewhere. But he will not have any reps with Hoyer until warmups on game day.

Plus he has the pesky car salesmen job. You just know they will make him work the closing shift Saturday night before week 12. :)
Yeah, I think this post is just all kinds of incorrect.

BTW, you said earlier you were offered Jimmy Graham for him. That seems like a reasonable trade.

Trading away Brown for Gordon would be ignorant.

What about draft picks? Mid first? Couple of late first? 1st and 2nd?
You're considering trading him in dynasty?Yikes.
Considering going after him, was just wondering what his market was if you are selling/buying. Has anyone got him/sold him for picks?
I'd like to hear this, too. I've been feeling out an owner but he's pretty vague. I am not sure what a good price to pay is at this point.

Offered AJ Green or Dez ... got rejected.

Keep in mind that Gordon has great value as a keeper on the round he was drafted.
Yup!! I'm out of playoff contention in my 1-player keeper league but am holding him because it will cost the last pick in the draft to keep him.

Just gave up Travis Kelce for him, straight up. Twelve team keeper. I had him last year, didn't keep him due to suspension, so now he has max keeper value again. Kelce I picked up off waiver wire in week 4 to play for Julius Thomas's bye. Was pretty surprised when I got the offer. Feeling pretty great about it.

I've been offered Harvin/Ellington for Gordon/Bradshaw in a 12 team redraft. We're both 1-2 in points. He has D. Thomas and Jordy. I have Julio, Watkins, Beckham. Rejected the trade after chewing on it hard

Just gave up Travis Kelce for him, straight up. Twelve team keeper. I had him last year, didn't keep him due to suspension, so now he has max keeper value again. Kelce I picked up off waiver wire in week 4 to play for Julius Thomas's bye. Was pretty surprised when I got the offer. Feeling pretty great about it.
That's highway robbery.

Users who are viewing this thread